Second Play through ideas?

My first play through was hard classic and I'd like to change things up a bit without making it easier.

Does anyone have some fun ideas I could try?

My friend told me to make everyone a mage and only use mages but then I wouldn't be able to use Alm...

2 hours ago, EvilElectro said:

Do a minimal recruitment run, which means ou only recruit people that automatically recruit you,

People such as Faye or Genny cant be recruited.

This pretty much. Losing out on early Warp AND Rescue is big. Also no random battles, or your units will be much stronger than they should be.

Less units is more EXP, also not using the Turn Wheel is a good start.

17 hours ago, EvilElectro said:

Do a minimal recruitment run, which means ou only recruit people that automatically recruit you,

People such as Faye or Genny cant be recruited.

That sounds horrible and incredibly painful.

Perfect.

On Saturday, July 08, 2017 at 11:43 PM, Pin4apple said:

My first play through was hard classic and I'd like to change things up a bit without making it easier.

Does anyone have some fun ideas I could try?

My friend told me to make everyone a mage and only use mages but then I wouldn't be able to use Alm...

Girls only ft Alm is pretty entertaining.

You could try and pick a team of 10 units from the start and do a no-grind, promote ASAP run in which you exclusively use the 10 units you picked throughout the entire game. You could pick either 10 for Alm, 10 for Celica to have the maximum amount of 20, which is how many people you can use on the final map, or 5 for Alm, 5 for Celica for a maximum of 10 for Thabes Labyrinth in the post game. I did the former recently and it was pretty fun and not as easy as you might think.
I'm thinking about doing the latter somewhere down the line. Now I first have to finish Persona 4 Golden and Final Fantasy XII Remastered is also waiting for me.

Btw, the reason I said 10 units is because that is the maximum amount of units you can bring to dungeons, if it wasn't obvious already.

Only using the strategy AI is something I want to do when I've finally grabbed Sol and Astra (and thus actually finish my first playthrough). Most games it would be needlessly difficult and frustrating but with the Turnwheel and Retreat it should be more than manageable.