Do you use Dancers (and other refreshers)?

Do you use Dancers(and other refreshers)?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use Dancers?

• Yes
    • Sometimes
    • No

3 hours ago, Ronnie said:

On a more realistic note, how on earth could there be dancers on a battlefield? And how does dancing make a soldier more inclined to have another go at killing an enemy? Does Olivia dance and pass a can of Red Bull with a Silver Sword or something?

I'd be inclined to claim it a chauvinistic reason, but it doesn't explain the male dancers nor the females that can be danced (and because bards don't really have the same kind of charisma as dancers, male dancers for females is not the solution).

Ninian is definitely using magic, though.

It really depends on the game,and the kind of gameplay I use for said game... but I use them more often than not.

Didn't really used Tethys all that much. And Olivia... well, I sorta like her, (more because of the magikarp power, and that she can become an Assassin of all thing than anything) seriously, the balance in FEA is just soooo from another world and build with the foots that it's just...

Fates and Echoes did a good job with it imo. Azura can dance, fight (poorly, but shhh), and she give two/three buff. Faye as a Cleric/Saint have access to the dance-like spell Anew. Which make her not only a good healer, but also a dancer.
If there's is no one to heal, you can always cast Anew. If there is no one to Anew, you can heal or attack. It's win-win.
Heck, even the cost isn't that much of a problem imo.

That's the way I think it should be. Hybrid.
Oh, and Heron were pretty cool, because when transformed, they could refresh multiple units, and that was cool.

5 hours ago, Ronnie said:

On a more realistic note, how on earth could there be dancers on a battlefield? And how does dancing make a soldier more inclined to have another go at killing an enemy? Does Olivia dance and pass a can of Red Bull with a Silver Sword or something?

I don't want to sound crass but this whole 'dance' thing sound like a middly sexual thing. I mean... they all talk about how it boost the moral, it's important, they look intently but... how ? And why would you do that ?
Again, I don't want to sound crass, but it looks more like a person who do sexy dance with people being happy and yelling about it.
Ugh, I think I just disgusted myself there.

Kind of the same with our prince... but no skimpy clothes and a flute instead of a sexy dance which is even more confusing.

I get the Heron, it's lost heron magic. I get Aqua, it's lost plot magic of the plot device. I get Ninian, it's magic. And all of that is fine.
There is Sylvya, Leen and Laylea, except the sexual undertone is not only fully assumed, but they also seem to be considered more like civilian than soldier by the characters. An exception in other words.

Edited by B.Leu

I didn't use dancers much in the older games because I didn't like that they couldn't fight. Olivia I used sometimes, and Azura I brought in every single map. I use Olivia in Heroes all the time.

4 hours ago, B.Leu said:

I don't want to sound crass but this whole 'dance' thing sound like a middly sexual thing. I mean... they all talk about how it boost the moral, it's important, they look intently but... how ? And why would you do that ?
Again, I don't want to sound crass, but it looks more like a person who do sexy dance with people being happy and yelling about it.
Ugh, I think I just disgusted myself there.

Kind of the same with our prince... but no skimpy clothes and a flute instead of a sexy dance which is even more confusing.

I get the Heron, it's lost heron magic. I get Aqua, it's lost plot magic of the plot device. I get Ninian, it's magic. And all of that is fine.
There is Sylvya, Leen and Laylea, except the sexual undertone is not only fully assumed, but they also seem to be considered more like civilian than soldier by the characters. An exception in other words.

There was a certain prince of a certain island kigdom who rallied armies by his lack of pants. How can your arguments be any valid?

Edited by Vaximillian

Like many on here Everyone except Olivia. She was just so frail and even dancing for defensive characters would never cover her butt. Even in Genealogy, the game of wide open spaces I was able to use dancers to good effect but for whatever reason Olivia just kinda didn't work out for me. 

30 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

There was a certain prince of a certain island kigdom who rallied armies by his lack of pants. How can your arguments be any valid?

Actually, he's not the prince of that island kingdom, he just took asile in.

Everyone can do that already. Heck, that was the thing at the time. :p
#Videogamewerebetterbefore

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Isn’t Altea an island? I mean, she looks pretty islandy to me.

Oh it is. I just meant that he is not the prince of it. Like I said, he's just there because of a very minor problem or hom-kingdom being invaded. :p
Unless the 'prince' you were talking about was Caeda. :p

2 minutes ago, B.Leu said:

Oh it is. I just meant that he is not the prince of it. Like I said, he's just there because of a very minor problem or hom-kingdom being invaded. :p
Unless the 'prince' you were talking about was Caeda. :p

Huh? Caeda is the princess of Talys. Marth is the prince of Altea. Both are island kingdoms indeed though.

Oh, and Caeda also lacks pants and recruits almost as many people as Marth does. Pantsless Power!

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Huh? Caeda is the princess of Talys. Marth is the prince of Altea. Both are island kingdoms indeed though.

Oh, and Caeda also lacks pants and recruits almost as many people as Marth does. Pantsless Power!

Really me ? Did I just freaking confused both kingdom ? I'm impressed in myself.
Le sigh.
My bad !

9 hours ago, B.Leu said:

Fates and Echoes did a good job with it imo. Azura can dance, fight (poorly, but shhh), and she give two/three buff. Faye as a Cleric/Saint have access to the dance-like spell Anew. Which make her not only a good healer, but also a dancer.
If there's is no one to heal, you can always cast Anew. If there is no one to Anew, you can heal or attack. It's win-win.
Heck, even the cost isn't that much of a problem imo.

Let's not forget that Anew isn't learned until level 14... As a Saint. So yeah, it's safe to assume you won't see it until postgame, if at all.

21 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Not sure why one would not use them. Even at their worst they are still essentially all of your best units at once.

Well technically I did not use Olivia but that's because of Awakening's map design. Like, the Serenes in Radiant Dawn are made of paper mache too. But in Awakening I had no idea how I could possibly cover Olivia's frail butt while still keeping her anywhere close to the front lines. Fortunately this wasn't an issue in Fates at all, at least in Conquest. I still would have preferred if Azura could at least survive a single round of combat though.

I'd not use them if I was about to play a map where they'd be a liability (4-1 in RD, anyone?).

I almost always use them early on but drop them as soon as they start falling behind. Recently in Conquest and Blazing Blade I'm trying to use Azura and Ninian a bit more after realizing how helpful it is for a unit to be able to move twice.

4 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

(4-1 in RD, anyone?).

I'd consider 3-11 more of a liability chapter (and possibly 1-F with its reinforcements near your starting position)- Leanne joins mid-flight in a slightly risky starting position, and she can't take more than one catapult hit without dying. In 4-1 there aren't that many Falcoknights (and if one surprises you- it'll be on an early turn so you can reset with little lost- as only one shows up as a reinforcement), and the reinforcements that get inside the campsite area aren't same-turn ones, nor that many. On top of this, you wouldn't even know enemies would teleport in if you haven't played the map before. You can choke the rest with of the map with little difficulty.

38 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'd consider 3-11 more of a liability chapter (and possibly 1-F with its reinforcements near your starting position)- Leanne joins mid-flight in a slightly risky starting position, and she can't take more than one catapult hit without dying. In 4-1 there aren't that many Falcoknights (and if one surprises you- it'll be on an early turn so you can reset with little lost- as only one shows up as a reinforcement), and the reinforcements that get inside the campsite area aren't same-turn ones, nor that many. On top of this, you wouldn't even know enemies would teleport in if you haven't played the map before. You can choke the rest with of the map with little difficulty.

I fail to see it that way when this is a fog of war map we're talking about, for one, there's more than one Falcoknight reinforcement, for two, and for three, Leanne can move away after singing, whereas Rafiel's outta luck.