[COMPLETE][FE8] Void's Blitzarre Adventure - v1.1.1 RELEASED

circleseverywhere

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably the most fun yet thought provoking hack I've ever played. There are so many little details I love, whether its Leeroy being an actual glass cannon in the best way possible, or the satisfaction that comes with building up the soldier you get from chapter one into the strongest unit in the team. This really is a masterpiece considering it was done in a single week.

when I first saw this hack, it reminded me specifically of Alfred kamon's FE8 hack (midnight sun)

specifically the image on the right side: " L0Nfix3.png"

wow, a complete hack of FE8? nice ;)

looking forward to play this, 

but, I have come across an issue: 

what version of FE8 should you patch the .ups file? 

(U) or (E)? 

as I tried patching it on Mac using multipacther on both versions and got errors (CRC 32 invalid).

I'll try patching this on windows to see if it works. (hopefully it will work) 

4 hours ago, IkeBoyDude said:

when I first saw this hack, it reminded me specifically of Alfred kamon's FE8 hack (midnight sun)

specifically the image on the right side: " L0Nfix3.png"

wow, a complete hack of FE8? nice ;)

looking forward to play this, 

but, I have come across an issue: 

what version of FE8 should you patch the .ups file? 

(U) or (E)? 

as I tried patching it on Mac using multipacther on both versions and got errors (CRC 32 invalid).

I'll try patching this on windows to see if it works. (hopefully it will work) 

Does anyone even hack the european roms

I simply had to register to thank you for this, it's outstanding!

Given that this hack was created quickly I had imagined work on it would be done, but based on the above comment should I be reporting bugs? Since, I've encountered several.

I only started writing down stuff I noticed when I was more than halfway through. If relevant, this was played on normal mode.

* The Summon skill doesn't appear as an option on the menu for Arve as a summoner.
* If promoted into a Rogue, Bob learns Celerity a second time, however it doesn't stack.
* Chapter 18 objective is to kill the boss, but the level doesn't finish so the end must be "skipped to".
* Chapter 23 objective is to seize throne, however it doesn't appear as a menu option for Void when in the right location so must be skipped as well.
* Chapter 24 same problem as chapter 18.
* Chapter 25 Unsure of exact cause, but it seems the Druid can break hp when healing if battle animations are turned on. This in turns leads to freezing.

Unsure if these are bugs or intended:

Spoiler

* Haven't checked new patch, but in the previous version, like Seal skills, "Rally" would remain for the initial turn in the following chapter.
* Anna (Wyvern Lord) and Kirsten (Falcoknight) have a "triangle attack". Either one can initiate it provided they are both next to the foe, only tested with them being diagonally across from each other and with those classes.
* Chapter 24 the vendor and both villages can't be entered. In addition, the villages can't be destroyed by the enemy but display the proper message. Only, next turn the foe 'destroys' it again, and so forth.
* Chapter 25 boss only has  weapons that require higher weapon ranks than it has, leaving it unarmed.
* Chapter 26 similar to chapter 24 in that villages can;t be destroyed, and  the east-most one has no "visit" option on the menu. In addition, the two villages which can be visited change to be "destroyed" after visiting, however the graphics overlap with a non-destroyed village that's offset by one tile to the left.
* I don't recall the chapter, but one of the bosses at some point drops "gold" as an item. It can't be sold, or used in anyway I've found.
* Chapter 27 The Vendor and Armory can't be visited. Visiting the village causes an allied male Swordmaster to appear nearby, however the rom freezes so visiting means a restart.
* Final Chapter: The doors and chest can't be opened by a Rogue even though there's a "pick" prompt. Untested with keys.
*In-game the turn counter goes up to 999 as is normal, but in the epilogue counting stopped at turn 500 for the total.

Thanks for these!

Taking them one by one, red means we didn't know about the issue before you told us:

• Arve can now summon
  • Bob's personal skill is now Swap
  • Chapter 18 is fixed
  • Chapter 23's seize point was accidentally placed on the tile below the throne
  • Chapter 24 is fixed (boss, villages, shops)
  • Chapter 25's druid had the wrong AI setting, and the boss is fixed
  • Seals and Rallies no longer carry over
  • The triangle attack is fixed and can be performed by the 3 annas
  • Chapter 26 villages are fixed
  • Chapter 27 village and shops are fixed
  • Final Chapter doors are fixed

As for the ch24 boss who drops gold, that money is supposed to go straight to your funds when you kill the boss. I tried it and it seems to be working fine.

Edit: oh i see it was the ch18 boss who drops the gold item. I've changed it to 3000 gold for now.

Edited by circleseverywhere

As before, on normal mode. This is using the patch that was released at the same time as the above was posted so some of this may be outdated. Started a new playthrough, reached the end of chapter 11:

* When traveling (rescue) with any other character, the unit's descriptions for skills and stats are changed to random text.
* Map-Mode is enabled (Assuming the player has a finished save) , but one can only view items, units, and a secret shop. Traveling and battling doesn't work.
* Blitz-Lance description says it's effective agasint infantry when it actually is effective agasint armor and cavalry.
* Chapter 1: North-western Cavalier has dual iron axes in its inventory that can't be used, although it isn't unarmed since it also has a javelin. The vendor contains a "dummy" which can be used on the ground like a Light Rune or Mine, but has no effect. The Armory has 4 extra javelins listed in stock, and includes a Wind Sword which seems out of place.
* Chapter 7: The boat enemy can travel onto land, at least when unarmed.
* Chapter 10: No "talk" prompt for Void when next to Samson. Post-level conversation happens even if Samson is killed.

Spoiler

* The Soldier class gains more experience from combat than other units if the foe doesn't die.
* Stone doesn't give Weapon-experience.
* Chapter 6: Wyverns seem to spawn infinitely. Tested up to turn 110.
* Chapter 7: Objective is "Seize Gate" however the tile is stairs. Can be seized however.
* Chapter 8: The boss won't use an Elixir, and  the friendly priest won't make it's way over to heal either unless already in range.
* Chapter 9: Boss is a Hero (Swords and Axes), but has Bowfaire as a skill.

Oh cool more feedback thanks

• Rescuing helptext is a known issue due to skill display for some reason, now fixed
  • Postgame stuff was never even considered lol
  • The infantry line is just the rapier's standard description and has been like that since FE7, you can blame IS for that one
  • Chapter 1: The dummy item is a fully functional mine, the wind sword is intentional. The iron axes and javelins were apparently 'left in because it was funny', but I'll remove them
  • Chapter 7: Boats use pirate movement, this can also happen in FE8.
  • Chapter 10: Samson's recruitment was already fixed, the quote will need a rewrite or a check if he's alive or something
  • Soldier exp is intentional
  • Stone fix is also intentional
  • Wyverns are intentionally infinite
  • Yeah should probably change that to Seize Stairs?? or maybe just a defeat boss
  • I think the intention was to have a stealable elixir, not boss healing
  • Left over from a previous patch, not all bosses have personal skills yet. Most bosses have all kinds of messed up weapon ranks too.
Edited by circleseverywhere

I last patched approximately 48 hours ago, (it mentioned something palette?) some things may have since been fixed. Chapters 12-21:

* Hit chance displayed when looking at weapons in inventory shows wrong number if it's approximately above 130.
* Chapter objective in the status screen is rarely aligned correctly to the actual objective.
* Chapter 16: Wyvern Rider AI doesn't always move or attack when it should. There are invisible 'Village' tiles which can be seen on the minimap and terrain display window, however there's no visit prompt.

Spoiler

* Lunge won't move bosses, but initiates combat normally.
* Maximum health was reduced back to 60, seemed to be uncapped before although would cause some errors when above 74.
* Edgeworth can't promote at level 10+, and seems tp have no use.
* Chapter 15: "Ambush coming" used to mean lose next turn, now seems to have no effect.
* Chapter 16: The Knights and the Fleet are level 25.
* Sometimes in arena, enemy swordmaster will finish a full Astra animation even if their target is dead, instead hitting the air for "no damage".
* Sometimes in arena when killing an enemy Warrior that has Counter, if the reflected damage would kill the ally then instead they will survive with 1 hp out a glitched total.

• hit rate display is now fixed
  • chapter objectives will be fixed soon
  • the village tiles are removed, the wyvern riders are supposed to start moving when you aggro the wyvern lord
  • lunge doesn't work on enemies that don't move, so no lunging bosses off thrones ;)
  • max HP is 60 for player units because higher values won't be saved
  • edgeworth was always intended to be completely useless, #blamekirb (you can sacrifice him on ch29 but not a lot else)
  • ch15's warning is for a set of ambush spawns that used to crash the game, now they're just hidden in the fog
  • ch16's lv25 enemies are apparently intentional
  • I don't really know how the arena works but the counter glitch also happens outside it and I've fixed that

Thanks again for the feedback!

Good to hear about some things I was wondering about!
Is Edgeworth lacking a portrait intentional?

Is the latest patch incompatible with saves? I tried to play, but get a black screen when attempting to enter battle even though 'view map' in the preparation screen  works fine.

Edited by Sythion
Forgot to add something, don't want to double-post.

Yeah, Edgeworth's portrait is intentional. I have no idea what the intentions ARE, but there you go.

Try resetting, or loading a savestate and then resetting, if the save doesn't work. So far we haven't made any changes that are incompatible with previous saves, though some may require you to restart chapter.

Finished second full playthrough, this time using different classes just so I can see what was done with them.
In addition to bug reporting, feedback this time;

So as not to spoil anyone unawares:

Spoiler

* Leeroy is pretty much useless after the first few chapters, changing his growths, starting stats or personal skill would help.
* Chapter 1 has a barbarian on top of a castle which can be grinded for xp. Using this, one can have Jerome Rally Lerroy's strength and slay the dragon (using savestates to avoid being crit) using the Silver Spear. Point being, especially with Jerome's exp boost it really can break the balance if one grinds.
* Canto+ is very underwhelming, a possible change would be give Rangers full movement after an action rather than remaining movement. Especially, since Snipers learn Galeforce.
* Savior is pretty much useless.
* Savage blow seems too strong. The description isn't clear that the damage dealt is 20% of the target's total health but can't kill. Regardless, it has 100% accuracy and will trigger even if the character with the skill misses or deals 0 damage.
* Counter and Countermagic are very strong, perhaps the player can have a weaker version that only reflects 50% damage.

Bugs:
* Chapter 22: there are level 20 pirates each with the Seal Skill and Camaraderie twice.
* When an allied Hero activates Sol at full health, or Void uses Aether, hp sometimes glitches.
* In the inventory preparation screen in her inventory, Evil Florina has the "E" missing from her name. and the "A" is cropped.
* Some stat growths above 100 have display issues such as Zigludo's hp growth, Eevster's Luk, or Prine's hp growth. Several others show up properly however.
* Chapter 25: One of the Lords has the Bond skill twice.
* If an ally or enemy archer (Or Sniper) have a ballista in their inventory then their attack range for all weapons won't be displayed by selecting the unit or toggling the "display all enemy range". Long range tomes and the ballista on Fleets work fine.

Spoiler

* Void no longer has access to the 'skip' command.
* Armthrisft (Anna) seems to heal her back for damage taken during a fight when triggered in combat. For example, if attacked and taking 10 damage but then triggering the skill during counter attack, she gets the 10 hp back. In addition, it works properly for weapon durability.
* Doot gives the player a Fire tome when she join regardless of the state of her Aura tome. She also lacks a talk prompt, unsure if intentional.
* Celca is killed as the boss of chapter 22 , but joins team after the chapter.
* Enemies appear to spawn endlessly on chapter 22, making for easy weapon experience training.
* Units with drops will drop the item at full durability regardless of what it was in their inventory.
* Using two of the same rally won't stack for a +8 bonus, however Rally Spectrum can be stacked on top of any Rally for +6 to a stat.
* In Chapter 25 Bjhorn has a talk prompt (which gives an Elixier) however only joins at the end of the chapter instead of then.

Edited by Sythion
Typoes, more to add.