[COMPLETE][FE8] Void's Blitzarre Adventure - v1.1.1 RELEASED

circleseverywhere

Spoiler

• Leeroy does exactly the job he's needed to do
  • If you want to grind, that's fine. But you don't need to.
  • Regarding skill balance: some skills are just better than others, and there's a reason for that
    • Some classes are just better than others. Why would you ever go Sniper when Rangers have horses and swords?
    • Skills help to balance it out, since Snipers get great skills you actually have a valid reason to use them.
  • The level 20 skills were left in for backwards compatibility because I switched all unpromoted classes to learn skills at lv1 and lv10, so any classes that learned skills at lv10 and 20 temporarily relearn both skills at lv20 in case players already passed lv10. It'll be gone in a couple updates time.
  • Sol and Aether are *hopefully* fixed, by which I mean the two cases that used to break are now fixed but there might be more.
  • Evil Florina and Edgeworth's names are too long, can't be helped
  • Growth display is a known glitch but teq made it and he's MIA so
  • Ballista range display is a known issue with an unknown cause
  • Void's skip command is now only usable when debug mode is on - use the Konami code to turn on debug mode
  • Armsthrift activates after combat, not during, so I'm not sure why it would do that - needs investigating
  • Dropped items being repaired is vanilla behaviour
  • the rest are intentional

Great stuff as usual, thanks

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

um I tried patching the game in windows normally using the .ups file, but it did nothing. only when I used the "mkaehack_full".cmd it worked on another computer 

the "makehack_full".cmd on my windows pc doesn't want to work :( 

I got a "the api-crd-i1-1-0.dll" file is missing, so I googled it and got it for my system & installed to system32 (32bit os).

but after that I got an error again but the "procedure is missing Crt runtime link to library i1-1-0.dll" 

I googled that and got that the visual C++ needs to be updated to 2015 ver to fix this.

my question is: if I install the redistribution pack of Visual C++ 2015, do I need to keep the older C++ (2010/2012) ? or just the newest one? 

27 minutes ago, circleseverywhere said:

Were you using NUPS? also I keep older versions of c++ but i don't know if you need to or not

well, I used another UPS panther first: "tsoukyomui" 

it gave invalid errors, 

then I used "NUPS" and it worked.

oh, okay I'll install the Visual C++ 15, and keep all the older ones. 

is it better to just use the .ups file to patch to FE8? 

or to use the make hack.cmd? 

also when I tried running the hacked game in GBAPSP emu on my hacked PSP,

the game loaded up but lagged/had many slowdowns alot :(

also can the .sav file in the zip file be used for loading up in the GBA emu on pop to avoid slowdowns/lag? 

another question game related: when I played prologue - ch 1, 

some of my charters died in prologue, but then in ch 1 they came back? 

so no perma death? 

MAKE HACK takes a long time to build the complete rom, because it has to process everything. Use it if you want to make changes to anything.

If you just want to play the game, the UPS is much faster.

Your emulator might be the issue, check if there's an updated version. Also try turning off HP bars in the options if it's too laggy.

There is no permadeath in Casual mode, obviously. Normal and Difficult mode have permadeath.

On 7/21/2017 at 5:54 PM, circleseverywhere said:

MAKE HACK takes a long time to build the complete rom, because it has to process everything. Use it if you want to make changes to anything.

If you just want to play the game, the UPS is much faster.

Your emulator might be the issue, check if there's an updated version. Also try turning off HP bars in the options if it's too laggy.

There is no permadeath in Casual mode, obviously. Normal and Difficult mode have permadeath.

yeah, for some weird reason I can't get the make hack to work at all,

well if I can just use the .UPS patch with NUPS , it's all good ;)

the GBA emulator that I'm using for all my games is "Uo gpSP Kai 3.5 mod" 

I also tried a newer version of it "Kai test 4 build 225", still doesn't work.

which is strange as in kai 3.5 mod emu all the other FE games/hacks FE 6/7/8 (even midnight sun hack) run fine in kai 3.5,

but this "specific" rom hack doesn't want to work in kai emulator,

tho, I tried another GBA emulator, "TempGBA4PSP",

this gab emulator is similar to Uo gpSP Kai, but works best/better for heavier games that will not/won't run at all in Uo gpSP Kai

https://nicoblog.org/psp/gameboy-advance-emulator-for-playstation-portable/

an example of this is, golden sun 2, which runs with horrible lags on uo gasp kai, but in tempGBA

if runs perfectly like on an actual GBA system ;) 

so, I tried the void hack, and.. 

it runs perfectly fine no lags/slowdowns like in uo kai emulator ;)

phew.. so glad it works now I can enjoy this awesome/great FE8 hack ;) 

also, I'm on ch 6 or 7, also why is Leeroy's def stat and two others at 0? he seems to die quite frequently by everyone and such. lol.

great hack overall, will there be anymore updates/fixes to it? 

1 hour ago, IkeBoyDude said:

yeah, for some weird reason I can't get the make hack to work at all,

well if I can just use the .UPS patch with NUPS , it's all good ;)

the GBA emulator that I'm using for all my games is "Uo gpSP Kai 3.5 mod" 

I also tried a newer version of it "Kai test 4 build 225", still doesn't work.

which is strange as in kai 3.5 mod emu all the other FE games/hacks FE 6/7/8 (even midnight sun hack) run fine in kai 3.5,

but this "specific" rom hack doesn't want to work in kai emulator,

tho, I tried another GBA emulator, "TempGBA4PSP",

this gab emulator is similar to Uo gpSP Kai, but works best/better for heavier games that will not/won't run at all in Uo gpSP Kai

https://nicoblog.org/psp/gameboy-advance-emulator-for-playstation-portable/

an example of this is, golden sun 2, which runs with horrible lags on uo gasp kai, but in tempGBA

if runs perfectly like on an actual GBA system ;) 

so, I tried the void hack, and.. 

it runs perfectly fine no lags/slowdowns like in uo kai emulator ;)

phew.. so glad it works now I can enjoy this awesome/great FE8 hack ;) 

also, I'm on ch 6 or 7, also why is Leeroy's def stat and two others at 0? he seems to die quite frequently by everyone and such. lol.

great hack overall, will there be anymore updates/fixes to it? 

That's his gimmick, he's a glass canon.

WASSUP PPL! finished this one lately and I wanna make a statement before uploading the final team with some comments (and actually giving my opinion on this hack *smirk*)

Statement: O'BOY I LOVED IT [End]

Well, here's the squad:

Spoiler

Screenshot_2017-07-29-00-42-07.png.16235eb3e5c4aabbfb81562907f57e40.png

My dear Void, isn't she -unique-? or maybe her divine weapon is. I had a hard time leveling her up early but as you can see she's worth it (she's the protagonist wtf am I saying..)

Screenshot_2017-07-29-00-42-33.png.b4f6c654fde784c3b704efa058bac3a0.pngScreenshot_2017-07-29-00-42-27.png.897820bba2ad5994d8c887fe913d984e.png

Anna and Anna (There's triple), as for the Luck, Chuck Norris approves. The Swordmaster is a beast, but the Weevern Lord isn't as much (had no choice because I was in need of a flier.)

Screenshot_2017-07-29-00-42-15.png.a3b0f8da1fa93f95269bae1ab215981d.png

Happened to find no worthy Archer, so I made this guy a Bow user (Leveling up his bow skills was a pain in the ass.)

Screenshot_2017-07-29-00-42-17.png.1d129149666042c52510274c974b62bd.png

Ah, how do you like me now... was looking forward to use (Not) Arch and he's (Not) worth the expectations.

Screenshot_2017-07-29-00-42-24.png.579336a46515ac9af9f9d754ac3aa552.png

Best Thief/Rogue ever, good job Bob!

Screenshot_2017-07-29-00-42-30.png.f0218945c469b567bce56ffbe95c03b9.png

Holy mamma, I love her. Hate the Con, it was truly bothersome.

Screenshot_2017-07-29-00-42-37.png.b025371a4bd10399aadd3e01575b0402.png

Hey! NO ONE HAS EVER DONE THAT! and YES! having a playable generic soldier who kicks ass is just what I want! thnx *-*

Screenshot_2017-07-29-00-42-35.png.f8f21fcd2d274cffe9dde22b4d492f61.png

Hmm...

Screenshot_2017-07-29-00-42-40.png.2f9bd5b54ee53b1c749e625d8996a139.png

Absolutely, sexiest priest ever.

Screenshot_2017-07-29-00-42-12.png.1f44a8b2457ed1c48d3d5a9d8574a235.png

STOP! I-- I... tch! why the heck would you give me a unit that can KO Formortiis in one hit?! That NOT FAIR.

[More content coming soon lol]

Is this where I can report bugs? If not then please redirect me to a place where I can but I have a bug that wasn't mentioned in the "Known bugs" section of the download link. Regardless, I had an issue where Void proced Aether and crit on the first hit, which caused her HP to overflow (at least, that's what I think happened, in the battle her hp total went to ?? like the demon king's total, and after the battle her HP bar was at 0, then she was killable in 1 hit, and if I did enough damage with another first Aether hit her HP would loop back around to normal levels). I have no idea how you'd even go about fixing this, but it only was a real issue when I crit with the Super Blitz, as I'm unsure how you'd deal enough damage to overflow it without the Super Blitz

Astra's having a rollover problem where if it's supposed to do 1/2 of 0 damage, it kills in one hit.

I also noticed a problem with snipers doing 0 damage during an enemy phase counter attack when his skill procced. Enemy was a wyvern knight.

Yeah, sure shot is definitely screwed. Enemy procced it on my Assassin, attack connected and did 0 damage.

Chapter 27 bugs out and stalls after capturing throne and giving Audhulma. Can't progress.

Edited by Trepanation

16 hours ago, Randyl_Pitchfork said:

Is this where I can report bugs? If not then please redirect me to a place where I can but I have a bug that wasn't mentioned in the "Known bugs" section of the download link. Regardless, I had an issue where Void proced Aether and crit on the first hit, which caused her HP to overflow (at least, that's what I think happened, in the battle her hp total went to ?? like the demon king's total, and after the battle her HP bar was at 0, then she was killable in 1 hit, and if I did enough damage with another first Aether hit her HP would loop back around to normal levels). I have no idea how you'd even go about fixing this, but it only was a real issue when I crit with the Super Blitz, as I'm unsure how you'd deal enough damage to overflow it without the Super Blitz

The Aether problem is most likely caused by trying to heal more than 127 damage. That's a relatively simple fix and will be patched in the next release.

13 hours ago, Trepanation said:

Astra's having a rollover problem where if it's supposed to do 1/2 of 0 damage, it kills in one hit.

I also noticed a problem with snipers doing 0 damage during an enemy phase counter attack when his skill procced. Enemy was a wyvern knight.

Yeah, sure shot is definitely screwed. Enemy procced it on my Assassin, attack connected and did 0 damage.

Chapter 27 bugs out and stalls after capturing throne and giving Audhulma. Can't progress.

I didn't notice any problem with Astra when activated with 0 damage.

I'll have to look into Sure Shot further.

Chapter 27 is working fine for me and other testers, I'm not sure why it would be bugging out on you now. Is your convoy full?

When Ignis procs, it always adds +1 onto the damage dealt instead of doing what the skill description says.

And Sure Strike sometimes does No Damage even though the Initial damage was more than 0: 4 x 1,5 = No Damage? 

Edited by Mariode

Gonna blitztry the game but as a nab i gotta ask, since when we can have skills, buffs, epic QOL like this

FLASHY MODE: any hit that kills a boss becomes a critical

in a fire emblem hack? 

Did I Miss something? 

Flashy Mode is exactly what it describes itself as. Any attack that kills a boss will automatically critical. Even if your critical rate is 0%. Why is it a thing? Because the ASM wizards felt like putting it in.

I have to say... this was one of the most fun hacks I've ever played. I'll do a review on each character later (no computer access right now)

Amazing...I can't wait until you finish Dust to Dust...This must only be a sneak peak at what you can do, just like that 1 chapter hack you made for fe8

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying out this hack on Normal and have a few questions. I'm liking the skill system and the gimmicks and variety of the characters and maps (except maybe Tim. Why's he inferior to Tam in every way? Or maybe it's the other way around?).

However, starting from around chapter 7 (whichever number the Fort of Bad was), the enemies seem to be stuck at around level 5. I'm on chapter 13?14? now, even having promoted a unit, but the enemies are still that weak.

Without spoiling the gameplay too much, does the difficulty start picking up again soon? Does the difficulty setting matter? Should I restart on Hard? Did I mess up the patching step?

Edited by ardliz