Grand Hero Battle: Berkut!

Vaximillian

Surprisingly, this GHB turned easy peasy once I ran Camus in place of Hector:

He does everything I need Hector to do, and he has 3 move so he can actually run up to the mages to kill them on player phase, unlike Hector's slow, immobile ass.

3 Move and the ability to ORKO half the map stronk.

Azura, 2 Cordelias, Camus---because running color balanced teams is for losers, I guess.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I died twice on hard mode (mostly due to my own stupidity - I was not concentrating fully).

This isn't a good sign for the Lunatic and Infernal modes. I've seen some people's advise and I might try it... We shall see...

Or I'll wait for Itchy, MKV or Nstyler like I do when I get fully stuck. Still not keen on wasting stamina while TT is up...

I beat Berkut's lunatic mode using the same strategy as I used in hard.

Reinhardt, Sanaki, Eirika, and Olivia were the units I deployed here. Eirika and Sanaki were at the bottom of the map, while Reinhardt was on the right and Olivia at the top. Reinhardt (who has neutral attack) needed death blow and lancebreaker to finish off Berkut (with a luna proc), and after he does so Olivia dances him out of range of the green cavalier. Eirika drags Sanaki towards the enemy horde that's left, and Sanaki takes out the firesweep bow user. Hone speed from Eirika lets neutral speed Sanaki double, thankfully.

Most of the mages all suicide on Sanaki on the EP, except for the red mage knight. The green cavalier runs towards Reinhardt and Olivia. Eirika finishes off the mage knight on the second turn, while Reinhardt and Olivia escape the green cavalier and try to rejoin Eirika and Sanaki. Finally, Sanaki takes out the green cavalier when it is in her range.

Holy crap, they freaking move on the first turn. Think you can get everyone to a safe spot to try and position everything? Ha, you're fighting Berkut, peasant.

Hard mode took a second try because of that. Trying to use units I'm training didn't help since they were closer to level 35 than 40. Hard mode with Laslow (neutral) and level 39 M!Robin (+Atk, -Res), level 37 3* Olivia (neutral) -- do not ask what happened to 4* Olivia --, and level 35 4* Gunter (neutral).

Laslow tanked the red mage and counter killed the axe cavalier. Olivia sat on a defense tile to tank the green mage and archer while Robin sat behind her and Gunter sat on the bottom right-most defense tile to bait Berkut to him.

Lunatic is another story -- I doubt Laslow or Eliwood would be able to survive and someone else other than Olivia will need to lure the green mage and archer -- and I'm not touching that until I get to 40k on the trials.

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

Holy crap, they freaking move on the first turn. Think you can get everyone to a safe spot to try and position everything? Ha, you're fighting Berkut, peasant.

Yeah, I had a sneaking suspicion that was going to happen during my Lunatic run, so, fortunately, I didn't lose anyone because of it.

Inferno would've costed me a stamina potion if it wasn't for the fact that I had to pot up to do the first Inferno map anyway (only had 30 stamina when I went in to do the GHB, lawls)---that extra lancer with goad pushes the archer (and Berkut) just fast enough to double Hector for the 2RKO. Good thing everyone and their grandmothers 1RKO that lancer, though, so all I needed to do was adjust the team so I can deal with the other units after counter-killing that ass turn 1.

After a lot of trial and error, I managed to beat lunatic with a team of Nino, Olivia, Ryoma and Camus. The enemy moving caught me of guard, but I suppose it makes sense. Not much point in splitting up the players army if you're  going to give them the time to get toghether.

I'm still not sure ho I'll handle Infernal though...

Actually this one didn't cost me anything but one stamina potion.

Lost a couple times on hard and lunatic to feel things out but infernal only took me 2 or 3 tries. 

Cherche/Delthea/Bridelia/Olivia

Only took me one try with this team.

Turns out its not about tanking everything and trying to survive the onslaught, it's about ORKOing Berkut's army before they dogpile on you. Delthea and Cherche to the north, Cordelia and Olivia to the south.

Berkut switched it up on me, when I had Lukas and Nino topside he went for them, after the switch my squishy archer was juicer for him and the lance cav. First turn they dash over along with the green mage while the red mage and axe cav go topside and the archer goes in the middle.

Delthea ORKOes the archer (needed Atk+ seal otherwise he survives with 1 HP.)  Bridelia does the same to Berkut and the lance cav. Cherche sits there. Next turn the last 3 close in. Delthea weakens green mage and Bridelia finishes him (yep killed raven mage with colorless). Green axe can't get to me and red mage leaves Olivia with 2 HP. Last turn Bride snipes Red mage and Cherche, buffed +9 from Delthea, ORKOes the axe cav.

Cake.

Edited by Zeo

Firesweep user kept screwing around but I managed to get two Berkuts for SI fodder. I'm not touching Infernal. 

Zephiel, Xander and Tobin were pretty useful.

Now, bring on Clive.

Edited by Lord-Zero

28 minutes ago, Ayaneru said:

My Infernal Clear

Team : Nino (Fury 3/Desperation 3), Ephraim ( Fury 2, Vantage 3, Threaten Def 3), Masked Marth ( Darting Blow 3, Renewal 3)

Wow, you're awesome. Thank you very much for posting this!  :):  Watching your first step was so helpful for me.  I was having trouble picking a suitable team for Infernal and choosing their starting places.  

I used Nino, Azura, Gray, and Sharena and started out using your strategy with Nino and Azura up top and Gray and Sharena at the bottom.  Berkut went up instead of down (maybe to avoid Gray's Zanbato?), but it still worked out for me in the end!  :D:

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

I beat Berkut's lunatic mode using the same strategy as I used in hard.

Reinhardt, Sanaki, Eirika, and Olivia were the units I deployed here. Eirika and Sanaki were at the bottom of the map, while Reinhardt was on the right and Olivia at the top. Reinhardt (who has neutral attack) needed death blow and lancebreaker to finish off Berkut (with a luna proc), and after he does so Olivia dances him out of range of the green cavalier. Eirika drags Sanaki towards the enemy horde that's left, and Sanaki takes out the firesweep bow user. Hone speed from Eirika lets neutral speed Sanaki double, thankfully.

Most of the mages all suicide on Sanaki on the EP, except for the red mage knight. The green cavalier runs towards Reinhardt and Olivia. Eirika finishes off the mage knight on the second turn, while Reinhardt and Olivia escape the green cavalier and try to rejoin Eirika and Sanaki. Finally, Sanaki takes out the green cavalier when it is in her range.

Hey! I totally used this strategy! (So thanks for posting it. You rock.) I didn't have Eirika, so my neutral speed, neutral attack Sanaki needed an ATK+1 seal plus a Hone Speed. I substituted Katarina (with Hone Speed) for Eirika. I used my Horse Emblem team for Hard, and it was just barely enough to scrape by. I probably won't be able to use either of these strategies for Infernal...

I can’t just bruteforce this one with my half-assed horse team: the Rauðrwolf dipshit one-shots whomever he wants unless they are on a fort or buffed.

Hmm, what if I take Vantage off Xander so that he doesn’t charge up that axe cavalier’s special?

EDIT: haha no, now he dies to the green mage’s 1×2.

Edited by Vaximillian

I am not a fan of the direction they are going with Infernal battles.

Not if they intend to combine over-inflated stats, over-the-top stat boosts on top of said stat, AND convenient enemy placement that forces the utilization of specific units or teams just to stand half a chance, all with the possibility of making strategies impossible to utilize because you can't get everyone together in one turn . And for what? An extra copy of the unit and some feathers.

I'm not doing this. Forget the fact that my units aren't strong enough or that I can't figure out Lunatic or Infernal at 3 in the morning when I need sleep, the game is making it much harder to appreciate the "difficulty". I'm not wasting my stamina or my time on this any more.

I think this was the hardest infernal map yet took me quite a few tries before i figured out a way to beat it. The key was putting escape route on my ruby sword olivia and letting her bait the green cav and the red cav mage to the upper left corner then escaping to help the rest of the team in the lower part of the map. 

51 minutes ago, Ayaneru said:

My Infernal Clear

Team : Nino (Fury 3/Desperation 3), Ephraim ( Fury 2, Vantage 3, Threaten Def 3), Masked Marth ( Darting Blow 3, Renewal 3)

Thanks for this, it gave me a pretty good idea for my own strategy (mostly the starting positions, but still)!

Team used: Ryoma (vantage 3, QP), Camus, Nino (fury 3), Olivia.

Berkut moved up for me on turn 1, but it was fine, since Nino could tank one hit from him after killing the bow knight. The axe user moved down to compensate.

The most relevant thing was that Ryoma could now block all enemies from reaching Camus on turn 2 (bow knight dies to Nino on turn 2, Berkut is not in range of anyone other then Nino, lance guy dies to Camus). Ryoma attacked the red tome on PP. On EP, the green tome attacks Ryoma first. Ryoma survives and almost kills on counter. The axe guy tries to attack Ryoma, but dies to vantage+Astra. Lastly, the red tome also dies to vantage.

After that, Nino kills Berkut and Ryoma finishes the green mage.

Ahaha, it's been a long time since I couldn't cheese a GHB with Reinhardt. Because the enemies aggro and have such high movement, he's too squishy for me to guard properly. I'm out of stamina, but I'll try again later with Titania/Cecilia/Xander/Camus (or I might sub Cecilia for Azura).

For what it's worth, honed but unfortified Titania on a defence tile magnificently tanked three attacks from Berkut, the bow cav and the lance cav and killed the lance cav in retaliation. I died the next turn to the bow cav going after Reinhardt, but I'm honestly impressed. I'm not sure if Camus would do it better though since he might be able to kill the bow cav, who causes me a lot of trouble if left alive.

Edit: I should have specified that I couldn't cheese Infernal with Reinhardt. He (and the rest of my horses) cheesed Hard and Lunatic just fine.

Edited by azurrys

After countless trial and error, enemy AI observation and a dumb misclick, I finally beat infernal with Michalis, Camus, Delthea and Ninian. Important SI: Michalis and Delthea have lancebreaker, Ninian has escape route and Camus has vantage. Michalis also has the quickened pulse seal.

*happy squealing* I could use @Ayaneru's strategy as well! It simply took some tweaking! I used Masked Marth (with Darting Blow 3; only skill); Camus (Grani's Shield, Vantage 3, Quickened Pulse); Nino (LaD 2, Desperation 3) and Azura (Darting Blow 2, Wings of Mercy 3). Everything worked out the same EXCEPT, Camus wasn't quite strong enough to take out Berkut at the end, so I backed him up one space. Azura flew in, and she was fast/strong enough to finish him off. 

I tried a few different strategies. Reinhardt was actually pretty useless on this map. WoM Hector almost worked out, but I didn't quite have the patience for that strategy. 

Phew I just did this on infernal, spammed a few stamina pots. I used Camus, Xander, Reinhardt, and Olivia. Rein had Death Blow and Lancebreaker, and I ended up needing to give Camus drag back from a spare Wendy for convenience. Xander had Reposition and Hone Cavalry. 

Olivia was positioned at the top, Rein in the middle, Camus and Xander at the bottom. 

In the first turn I had camus in range at of the bottom blue cav with Xander next to him. Olivia and Rein were move out of range to the top right corner. During EP Berkut and the rest would move upwards which is absolutely fine. Looks like: 

Spoiler

sWuF9OQ.png

Turn two I had Xander reposition Camus above him. He can ohko the bowknight with Bonfire and then move out of the green mage's range with drag back. Rein can deal with Berkut with Lancebreaker and the Luna proc. Had Olivia dance Rein so the both of them can move down a bit more. 

What's left next turn is the Green Mage, red and green cav who can be picked off. 

Said this in a PM to my fellow strategist:

7 hours ago, Oboro! said:

Berkut is tomorrow or no? I'm hoping it isn't auto aggro cause that'll jack up my plans 

7 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Yeah it's tomorrow. No reason for it to be auto aggro though.

7 hours ago, Oboro! said:

I'm always prepared for IS to surprise us with bull crap. Even so, my strategy should work very well assuming Nino can kill the bow guy, and if she can't I have Robin.

I called it! HA HA (or I spoke it to life.... must be the animal sacrifices)

*gloats*

Anywho, did Lunatic, now I'm doing infernal 

Real pain in the butt, this one

I haven't touched it yet to try and squeeze some ranks in the Tempest, but like with the Mystery GHBs, I'd be fine stopping at Hard again for the one Berkut. I briefly contemplated getting Water Boost to make my anticipated Fae even better at countering Reinhardt (and magic in general), but even if Fury didn't do the job fine (and grant me additional speed that might come in handy), it looks like a 5* investment.

@ruruo is my hero today. I copied your strategy and naturally, it worked both for Infernal and for Lunatic (except my Reinhardt had Draconic Aura instead of Luna, but +Atk seems to have tipped these scales).

Camus seemingly wasn’t able to ORKO the bow cavalier without Bonfire, but removing Berkut and his Ward Cav sealed the deal.

Three hoorays to @ruruo!

@Ayaneru is my hero as well! THANKS!

I used Azura, Nino, Green Tomebreaker Alm, and my Counter Killer Oboro to do infernal

My Oboro was able to kill the lance guy in one turn, and everything was going according to plan. Berkut ended up getting his special proc, but it only did 6 (?) Damage to my Oboro since she was on a defense tile HEH

Nino delivered the final blow on him.

This one was tough!

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

*happy squealing*

*happily squeals along*

Here is a no-SI 4⋆-only Lunatic clear by nstyler, using Ursula, Stahl, Legion, and Olivia:

Hot Obstruct action, right here!

Edited by Vaximillian