Grand Hero Battle: Berkut!

Vaximillian

That was brutal.  Winded up using a stamina potion trying to clear Infernal, constantly underestimating attack ranges.  Initially it looked like a "just use Hector" map, but that red mage invalidates him.  After much trial and error I eventually cleared it with Eldigan/Camus/Reinhardt/Eliwood. 

Camus and Eldigan at the bottom, Reinhardt at the top, Eliwood to the right.  With a Hone boost from Eldigan, Camus moved onto the defense square in range of Berkut, the lance knight, and the bow knight.  To survive, he needs Eliwood's Ward Cavalry bonus.  Reinhardt stays put to lure the axe and red mage knight to the top. 

Next turn, Camus finishes off Berkut, while Eldigan removes the lance knight.  With help from Bowbreaker, Reinhardt one-rounds the bow knight. 

Reinhardt Reciprocal Aids Camus, allowing him to duel the green mage, and is promptly Repositioned away.

With the green mage dead, the next two turns were spent just kiting around, avoiding the green knight and red mage knight until I could get into a position where they could both be taken out in one turn.  With everyone packed into south-west corner, I got the chance. 

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lloyd is able to tank the red and green mage from the LL with ease.  Then I just need to have him partnered with a green unit for the blue lance that goes after him.  Still working on the upper right group.  Hector is worthless and dies to the archer and Berkut. Spring Camilla survives and can dance kill the horse archer and continue to tank Berkut but the green axe horse is a problem.  

It took a few stamina pots but I finished Infernal with Minerva, Olivia, Nino and Palla. When Infernal added the extra unit it gave me quite a scare. I had to completely rework my team. Having to start off with your team divided is scary so I ended up using Palla's WoM to regroup after the first turn. 

Did hard/lunatic on my first try with Sanaki/Bridelia/S!Tiki/Ryoma, but I had to spend a lot of stamina to figure out how to beat Infernal. I also had to sacrifice 20k feathers to finally give Reinhardt lancebreaker and Death Blow 3(had been delaying doing it in hopes Klein would show up, but he still refuse to appear). Was finally able to beat it with Bridelia/Reinhardt/S!Tiki/Azura, though I had to give Tiki Ignis and Quickened Pulse so she could kill Berkut on the second turn. 

Turn 1, Reinhardt dealt with the Lance cav before being danced and finished his turn by repositioning Azura I then moved Bridelia to the northeastern defense tile and placed Tiki just below her. On the enemy phase, Tiki tanked the archer and Berkut and was left with Ignis ready to be fired the next turn. The red mage moved to stand right below the archer and the 2 green units went south toward Azura and Reinhardt. 

Turn 2, Bridelia moved left to kill the archer and Tiki killed Berkut, which left her low enough that Azura could warp next to her and dance Bridelia to take out the red mage. 

Turn 3, I just moved Reinhardt out of the range of the 2 green and positioned myself for the next turn. 

Turn 4, Tiki attacked the green mage so he was low enough to be killed by 1HKOed by Bridelia, who then got danced by Azura to kill the axe cav and thus end the map.

Finally, after 2 stamina potions, lunatic is done, I have to arrange my team but it ended working, Michalis just have to bait Berkut and the archer, Camus kill the red and then is a walk in the park, well Camus is almost dying but survive the green mage. Here the lunatic team, in hard I used Nino, Reinhart and Olivia insted of Leon, Camus and Michalis

IMG_20170718_113708.png

@Ayaneru Not all heroes wear capes.

I didn't have Azura, which was probably what made the axe cavalier move up instead of straight down, but I just ended switching around red swords on my team until the axe cavalier found one that wasn't worth moving towards just to get Ephraim.

The real issue with the map was getting the units to move the way I wanted to more than the enemies themselves, especially in an open space like this one.

Thanks.

23 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Cleared the Infernal map using this strat:

Got away with using a free no-seal 3* Olivia and a 4* Olivia. 4* Olivia starts in the northeast spot and uses Res +1 seal.

I tried to do it with this video too but the green mage keeps going down, why? 

Just now, DraceEmpressa said:

I tried to do it with this video too but the green mage keeps going down, why? 

Does either or both of the Olivias have neutral stats? Non-neutral stats, equipped seals (besides those shown in the video), merges, and equipped inherited skills may affect enemy AI.

6 hours ago, Ayaneru said:

My Infernal Clear

Team : Nino (Fury 3/Desperation 3), Ephraim ( Fury 2, Vantage 3, Threaten Def 3), Masked Marth ( Darting Blow 3, Renewal 3)

Thanks so much, your strat helped me clear infernal.

Used almost the same team

- Masked marth (Reciprocal Aid, Luna,  Darting Blow 3, Renewal 3, Breath of life 3, spur def 1 seal)

-Sharena (Rally Attack, Luna, Speed +3, no B skill, Fortify def 3, Hp+3 Seal)

-Nino (Draw Back, Draconic Aura, Fury 2, Desperation 3, Hone Attack 3)

-Ninian (Dance, Moonbow, Fury 2, Sword breaker 3, Hone Attack 3, Fortify res 1)

I dont know why my sharena didnt need vantage and managed to survive all of berkut's hits, i think the fortify res seal on masked marth helped with that. 

Just now, Roflolxp54 said:

Does either or both of the Olivias have neutral stats? Non-neutral stats, equipped seals (besides those shown in the video), merges, and equipped inherited skills may affect enemy AI.

Both are free, so they are neutral. and I use the same seal used on the video (Res+1, right?) 

8 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Both are free, so they are neutral. and I use the same seal used on the video (Res+1, right?) 

Hmm... the video shows 2 4* Olivia; the southern one (final starting position) has neutral stats while the northern one has +HP/-Res and Res +1 seal.

Meanwhile, I used a 3* neutral Olivia for the south one and a 4*+1 neutral Olivia w/ Res +1 seal for the northern one.

EDIT: Are Legion and Ursula 4* or are either of them 5* and/or got merges?

Edited by Roflolxp54

Well, it took a bunch of tries, but I finally cleared it with Reinhardt/Titania/Azura/Olivia! It took a ton of SI though, most importantly WoM on Azura, Ruby Sword/TA on Olivia, and Lancebreaker on Reinhardt (which I gave him just for this). My team is general heavily SI'ed so I don't know if any other SI factored into the AI reactions.

Turn 1: Reinhardt kills the Lance Cav, gets danced, and drags Olivia back (but the step almost certainly isn't necessary). Titania sits on the lower right defence tile in range of the Bow Cav and Berkut. Azura chills in a corner out of enemy range. On enemy phase, Berkut, the Bow Cav and the Red Mage Cav advance on Titania. The Axe Cav and Green Mage move down towards Reinhardt.

Turn 2: Reinhardt moves up and kills Berkut, gets danced by Olivia (who provides a convenient body block), and goes all the way around to the side out of range of the green mage to hit the Bow Cav once. Titania moves up and finishes off the Bow Cav, then Azura warps in and kills the Red Mage Cav. The Green Mage attacks Azura on enemy phase and she survived the hit with 1 HP. (Actually there was a square out of range for her to warp to and kill the Cav but I didn't realise it then... maybe it mattered for Olivia's tanking later though because the debuffs gave me some serious trouble.) The Axe Cav attacks Olivia and does relatively negligible damage.

Turn 3: Titania, Reinhardt and Azura get the hell out of dodge (Azura by warping next to Titania). Olivia sits herself on the defence tile. The Green Mage and Axe Cav attack her and continue chipping her down.

Turn 4: Olivia finishes off the Axe Cav, Titania uses Reciprocal Aid on Reinhardt to get her HP back. Olivia gets attacked again but still has 16 HP left.

Turn 5: Olivia moves up without attacking to get rid of the debuffs, Titania moves into the Green Mage's range and gets attacked.

Turn 6: Titania and Olivia gang up on the Green Mage (Azura dances once for Titania) to clear the map.

tl;dr WoM gem weapon dancers win maps but we knew that already. Though it has been a while since I actually used my Dancers to fight, lol.

Did Infernal with Ryoma, Camus, Bridelia and Azura.

Camus baited the lance cavalier with Ryoma to his left (with Spur Def seal), Bridelia and Azura grouped on top-right corner. Camus had QR and counter-killed the Lancer. Berkut, Bow Cavalier and Axe went up, mages went down. 

Ryoma killed the red mage, Bridelia + Azura took down Berkut and the Bow Cavalier (here I did a mistake on the order I had to kill them, which led to bad positioning on Bridelia and she had to tank a hit from the Axe.).

Then Ryoma vantage-kill the green mage and Bridelia finishes the Axe cavalier with dance support.

5 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I am not a fan of the direction they are going with Infernal battles.

Not if they intend to combine over-inflated stats, over-the-top stat boosts on top of said stat, AND convenient enemy placement that forces the utilization of specific units or teams just to stand half a chance, all with the possibility of making strategies impossible to utilize because you can't get everyone together in one turn . And for what? An extra copy of the unit and some feathers.

I'm not doing this. Forget the fact that my units aren't strong enough or that I can't figure out Lunatic or Infernal at 3 in the morning when I need sleep, the game is making it much harder to appreciate the "difficulty". I'm not wasting my stamina or my time on this any more.

I think the entire point that Infernal only gives a second 4-star copy and some feathers are to make it so that players that don't have the resources to complete it don't miss out on much while still giving the veteran players a reason to complete the challenge. Furthermore, you still have the chance to get the reward for clearing Infernal when the Grand Hero Battle has its rerun.

If you walk into a "final boss" fight in any other game under-leveled and under-prepared, you shouldn't expect it to be easy.

The strat I used for the Lunatic clear (though I used a neutral 4*+1 Olivia and a 4* +Def/-Res Stahl):

F2P 3*-only Lunatic clear: 

4-5* F2P clear (4* Robin can be subbed for the 5* one according to the player).

Edited by Roflolxp54

4 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

It is after merges, +Spd, and passive ups for an extra 3-5 Spd. 47 Spd.

G o t t a g o f a s t

Why you sharing PMs

Some way to break the norm though, woo. I haven't tried it yet, but hopefully it won't be too bad.

Well yeah but everyone and their mother is disgusting with shit like that.

Like, go get fucking Ryoma copies in the first place. Realistically. You know, without spending hundreds or getting bigger ass-pulls than Trunks in Dragon Balll Super.

2 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Well yeah but everyone and their mother is disgusting with shit like that.

Like, go get fucking Ryoma copies in the first place. Realistically. You know, without spending hundreds or getting bigger ass-pulls than Trunks in Dragon Balll Super.

I pulled a +Spd -HP offbanner with free orbs. I'm not complaining.

47 (51) Spd is an extreme example but realistically you are looking at about 42 with neutral while equipped with Fury and buffed by Hone Spd, or 45 with +Spd.

Point is, base 35 is a great neutral Spd tier and a number of units besides Ryoma can break it, like Lloyd, Lucina, and Corrin. It's definitely faster than 31 Spd at any rate.

Got him on Lunatic with 5☆ Ike +HP seal, 5☆ Ninian, 5☆ Lukas with Brave Lance+, and 4☆ Michalis +Attack seal.

I lured half the enemies north with Ike, Berkut and the other cavs south with Michalis on a defense tile, then took out the survivors: axe cav with Ike, Berkut with Michalis (danced) and the bow cav with Lukas. Green mage attacked Ninian the next turn, she survived and warped away and on the next player phase Ike and Michalis took down green mage.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I think the entire point that Infernal only gives a second 4-star copy and some feathers are to make it so that players that don't have the resources to complete it don't miss out on much while still giving the veteran players a reason to complete the challenge. Furthermore, you still have the chance to get the reward for clearing Infernal when the Grand Hero Battle has its rerun.

If you walk into a "final boss" fight in any other game under-leveled and under-prepared, you shouldn't expect it to be easy.

To be honest, there probably IS some way to beat it with the units I have trained up, but if there is then I clearly shouldn't be trying to figure it out at 3 in the morning.

I feel like there are better ways to inspire difficulty than boosting some numbers though. At least within the limits of Heroes.

33 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I pulled a +Spd -HP offbanner with free orbs. I'm not complaining.

47 (51) Spd is an extreme example but realistically you are looking at about 42 with neutral while equipped with Fury and buffed by Hone Spd, or 45 with +Spd.

Point is, base 35 is a great neutral Spd tier and a number of units besides Ryoma can break it, like Lloyd, Lucina, and Corrin. It's definitely faster than 31 Spd at any rate.

I tend not to assume extreme/best of the best-case scenario. I usually calculate these in a vacuum.

Cleared Infernal today after a few tries too many trying to make Reinhardt work on this map.

Squad:
Olivia neutral 4* : Silver Sword, Dance, (No Special), Triangle Adept 3, (No B Skill), Hone Atk 3, Spur Def 1 Seal
Delthea +Atk -Res 5* : Dark Aura, Draw Back, Dragon Fang, Death Blow 3, Lancebreaker 3, Drive Atk 2, HP +3 Seal
Anna neutral 5* : Noatun, Rally Attack, Iceberg, Fury 3, Vantage 3, Hone Spd 3, (No Seal)
Hana +Atk -Res 4*+8 : Brave Sword, Ardent Sacrifice, Escutcheon, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Threaten Def 3, (No Seal)

I had a very odd quirk run-in with the AI (or I'm just remembering my math wrong, idk), but basically I had Anna start in the new cavalier's range, Hana starts next to Anna, while Delthea starts to the right and Olivia is up top. 

Turn 1: Move Delthea up onto the top-right Defense tile, out of range and out of harm. End Player Phase. Enemy lance cavalier KOs himself on Anna, while Berkut/Bow Knight/Axe Cav move up towards Delthea/Olivia and the two mages move down towards Hana/Anna.

Turn 2: Hana Quads and KOs the Red Mage Cavalier. Anna moves to be in the space previously occupied by Hana (her starting square). Delthea hits Berkut 2x since he is now in range, Olivia moves to the forests above Delthea to Dance and allow her to KO Berkut. End Player Phase. Enemy Green Mage does negligible damage to Hana.

Here's the weird part. The Bow Knight has Swift Sparrow iirc and a 50 Atk stat, which means one initiation on my Olivia knocks her to 4 HP remaining, which allows the Axe Cav to come in and pick her off. Instead, the Bow Knight opts to do 35 damage to Delthea instead (thanks to the HP seal and Olivia's Spur Def, she survives with 1 HP), while the Axe Cav runs up to do 9 damage to Olivia while Olivia counterattacks to set up for the next turn KO. The only reason I can think of why the AI did this is because it couldn't immediately KO either unit, so it decided to do more damage to Delthea instead of doubling up on Olivia. 

Turn 3: Delthea with Dragon Fang active destroys the Bow knight. Olivia KOs the Axe Cav, and Hana Quads the Green Mage. Map complete.