Grand Hero Battle: Berkut!

Vaximillian

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Clearly the solution was QR on Armads when HP >= 0% kappa

In all seriousness he would have trashed Bern singlehandedly if he had Armads with him in the first place, I'm pretty sure he tucked it away after FE7 even though he knew what was coming to him in the future.

*Ahem* topic. Why build Berkut to be a Res tank when he has nowhere near enough Spd to deal with magical hits? Being blue doesn't help either with how common cinnamon roll and Etrurian scum are.

Id say Berkuts "best" build is the Brave Nuke one. Its worse than optimal Peri/Abel but hey 44 x 2 is still a solid offense to use for various stuff. 

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, JSND said:

Id say Berkuts "best" build is the Brave Nuke one. Its worse than optimal Peri/Abel but hey 44 x 2 is still a solid offense to use for various stuff. 

Tsk tsk you should have told Smokey-dokey that he was doing it wrong for not capitalizing "Kappa"

I think I'm just gonna send Berkut home. I'm not gonna use him anyway

10 hours ago, JSND said:

It's also worse than Camus, which is kind of a problem. (Atk is usually worth more than speed, but 2 Atk isn't worth 11 speed).

Just now, Hero_Lucina said:

So if that's the case, what can Berkut double?

Assuming Berkut's using a non-brave weapon, -Spd Reinhardt. (=Reinhardt is actually fast enough to avoid Berkut's double if Berkut doesn't have a +Spd A-slot.) -Spd Sophia is also doubled.

(Zephiel, who would be doubled, would almost always be running his Wary Fighter---and he has the raw bulk to just laugh off Berkut's attacks anyway.)

Everyone else is literally fast enough to avoid the Berkut double even if they were -spd, so long as Berkut isn't packing a +Spd A-slot.

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

Assuming Berkut's using a non-brave weapon, -Spd Reinhardt. (=Reinhardt is actually fast enough to avoid Berkut's double if Berkut doesn't have a +Spd A-slot.) -Spd Sophia is also doubled.

(Zephiel, who would be doubled, would almost always be running his Wary Fighter---and he has the raw bulk to just laugh off Berkut's attacks anyway.)

Everyone else is literally fast enough to avoid the Berkut double even if they were -spd, so long as Berkut isn't packing a +Spd A-slot.

Oh

So it seems folks have already gone from discussing the battle strategy, to discussing best Berkut builds. :D Well, in case there are people still checking for strategies for the fight, here's how I did it, using minimal skill inheritance.

I used:

5 star Hector. Default skills. Any IV works, though if he has a -Atk IV your strategy at the end will change and you will need to equip a RES sacred seal if your Hector isn't also +Res.

4 Star Olivia. Default skills. IVs don't matter.

5 Star Roy. Default skills. IVs DO matter. Assuming I did the math right, any +Atk Roy is doomed without skill inheritance or other changes, as is any -Res Roy. 

Assuming you don't have one the above, if you have a -Spd nature Roy, give him a +Spd seal. Any other IV, give him a +HP seal. Some IV combos don't need any seal, but it's quicker to just say to equip it than to detail every single combination.

5 Star Ursula. Default skills except for Moonbow. Doesn't have IVs. I used a +Atk Sacred Seal but it's not actually needed.

Any skill for Ursula that will trigger on her 3rd or 4th hit and give her a slight damage boost will work if she doesn't have or cannot get Moonbow. Other inherited skills like Life or Death or Fury will NOT work because her default Death Blow 3 already gives her equal or greater damage on an attack.

Step by step strat, with screens, inside the spoiler tag.

First of all, start out your units like so.

59716bdd2e3c1_Screenshot_2017-07-20-19-19-551.thumb.png.2efd6759863290742a82354b6d47e70a.png

You may note my Roy has 1 more hitpoint than he should. That's because he's actually a 40+1, but it made no difference in this situation.

First turn, move Roy 2 spaces to the left. Move Ursula 3 spaces down, and move Olivia over so that she's right below Ursula. Move Hector 1 space to the right.

59716c41738b4_Screenshot_2017-07-20-19-20-061.thumb.png.4cb925d7d6eacbca8100255773b9b7aa.png

Like you see above. End turn.

Roy will be attacked by both the Axe horse and the red mage horse, and will counter the axe horse and lower its defense. This is where you need that +Spd seal if you have a -Spd Roy, as without it the axe horse will double you and do an extra 6 points of damage even with triangle adept on Roy.

Hector will be attacked by the lance horse and easily kill it in one round. Berkut, the archer, and the green mage will be unable to reach anyone and will move closer to you.

59716d24e1783_Screenshot_2017-07-20-19-21-081.thumb.png.3a57c57638014280a49d3998e935e8fd.png

Move Ursula 2 spaces up and kill the archer. She'll easily double it and kill it with her bonus damage. Then have Olivia dance her.

59716d61a76e4_Screenshot_2017-07-20-19-21-321.thumb.png.2bcac0cc245a6aa5377a524de405bb63.png

As you can see Moonbow is ready to activate now, which is important because...

59716e353448d_Screenshot_2017-07-20-19-22-351.thumb.png.74d4c6d347a141b96bb6ef9b8a6d655a.png

Ursula, even with Death Blow 3, even with an Attack Seal, even with the extra +4 atk from starting her turn next to Olivia, even with the bonus damage from her anti-horse tome, still wouldn't be able to kill Berkut in one round without her special activating. If Berkut was just a little bit weaker, this strat wouldn't even need any skill inheritance. Since he's not, you need Moonbow or some other skill that you can get to activate on this attack.

Anyways, have Ursula kill Berkut, have Roy kill the axe horse (with Seal Def from last round he'll be able to do so, even if he's -Atk he should do the exact amount of damage needed), then move Hector 1 space to the right so he's out of range of the mage.

5971719276a1c_Screenshot_2017-07-20-19-35-541.thumb.png.d340eee6a3c656c60a7658bf7923553a.png

And end turn. Red mage will attack Roy but he'll barely survive if he has the right IVs and/or seals, and the green mage will move towards Hector.

597171df272b5_Screenshot_2017-07-20-19-37-171.thumb.png.e15cc42b8b663ab80d1692dab89bac67.png

Roy is in trouble! Move Ursula 3 spaces straight up, then have Roy move to her side and shove her 1 space left.

5971722458d94_Screenshot_2017-07-20-19-37-281.thumb.png.9624d2626447998eefa5842e4a9f37a8.png

Roy is now safe! If you have anything other than a -Atk Hector, move him up one space onto the trees, dance him with Olivia, than have him attack the green mage.

597172cd0637a_Screenshot_2017-07-20-19-38-591.thumb.png.434241d20b5b0de8c6d84b576bfbad47.png

And we're done. Next turn the green mage will attack Hector, but it will have to move off it's defensive tile to do so, and will be killed by Hector's counter before it can double him. (Unless your Hector is -Atk) The Red Mage will attack Ursula, but even with an anti-horse tome her weapon advantage will let her survive, and she can finish it off next round. Victory!

Now, what if your Hector is -Atk? Then he won't do quite enough damage to kill the green mage in his counter at the end here, so the mage will hit him a second time and kill him. So instead of having him move on to the trees, get danced, and attacking the green mage, have him move up to the defensive tile after getting danced.

The green mage will ignore Olivia and attack Hector. If your Hector is not +RES, you'll need to give him a RES sacred seal or the mage will do the EXACT amount of damage needed to kill him. With a sacred seal, or a +RES nature, he'll barely live. He can then finish off the mage. Victory!

If for some reason the green mage doesn't ignore Olivia (maybe she has different IVs so it sees her as weaker), it will still work. Even a -Spd IV, which will allow Olivia to be doubled, still won't result in her dying in a single round. So then Hector can simply attack the green mage twice (with Olivia's dancing). Even a -Atk IV Hector will be able to drop the mage from full this way, since it's no longer on a defensive tile.

What I like about Infernal GHBs is helping me clear out some of my roster.

I got lazy with Heroes and only now did Infernal Berkut (and grinded Tempest all day yesterday for Phantom Speed, ugh). And I was even lazier to try to come up with combinations so I used Ventus's video. I had to give Nino Defiant Attack 1 and Palla Attack +3 due to their natures.

Might attempt it with my own strategy if I feel bothered enough. I just need to start playing again, haha.

So... he's supposed to be a Res Cav without the actual Res? And a situational one at that. A shame that he's only just above Jeigan in the inheritance tier list. Looks like IS didn't want free units from Echoes to be good.

2 hours ago, Dual Dragons said:

So... he's supposed to be a Res Cav without the actual Res? And a situational one at that. A shame that he's only just above Jeigan in the inheritance tier list. Looks like IS didn't want free units from Echoes to be good.

Eh, his lance and water boost give him 34 Res when being attacked and you can boost with defensive cavalry buffs. The problem is he needs Distant Counter to fully serve the niche of countering red mages, and those aren't even that popular. But hey, at least he can (barely) tank +atk DB Reinhardt!

2 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Eh, his lance and water boost give him 34 Res when being attacked and you can boost with defensive cavalry buffs. The problem is he needs Distant Counter to fully serve the niche of countering red mages, and those aren't even that popular. But hey, at least he can (barely) tank +atk DB Reinhardt!

He can theoretically tank Reinhardt, and then kills him on his turn (because his speed's not doing anything else). He meets all the criteria of a Reinhardt check except the actually succeeding part.

6 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

He can theoretically tank Reinhardt, and then kills him on his turn (because his speed's not doing anything else). He meets all the criteria of a Reinhardt check except the actually succeeding part.

succeeding is overrated anyway :P

Screenshot_2017-07-21-20-42-04.thumb.png.8abbfbac23a4ca31dfe4045cf6d36bee.png

Managed to clear the infernal GHB. Roy blocked the way so the mages can't attack Hector while he kills Berkut and the other lance cavalry. Had to give Rein bowbreaker to kill the firesweep archer.

23 hours ago, Bartozio said:

I figured as such. And true, Red Tomes aren't as popular. Darn shame about Berkut.

At least there's that survival against Reinhardt, haha.

On 7/22/2017 at 2:02 PM, Dual Dragons said:

I figured as such. And true, Red Tomes aren't as popular. Darn shame about Berkut.

At least there's that survival against Reinhardt, haha.

I'm guessing that's only if he doesn't run lancebreaker... which is a common build for most Reinhardts ^.^''

12 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I'm guessing that's only if he doesn't run lancebreaker... which is a common build for most Reinhardts ^.^''

You could cancel it out by running B Tome Breaker on Berkut. If you're going to invest in him, might as well go all the way...

Just now, Bartozio said:

You could cancel it out by running B Tome Breaker on Berkut. If you're going to invest in him, might as well go all the way...

That is true. If I was really going to go for it, I think I'd run B Tome Breaker and Distant Counter - make him an actual mage killer (strong against blue and red, at least). Not sure how effective he'd be over others, though. 

At least it would be unexpected lol 

I finally got around to beating Lunatic (Tempest, then Double SP weekend, then I finished the story maps). My team was Olivia, Fae, Nino and Delthea. I don't remember the exact moves, but I'm most proud of Olivia being used to block three units (two greens, yeah) with one HP, and then a strategic Draw Back that inspired the green tome user (who was the final enemy) to attack Delthea on a defence tile.

She has the highest resistance in my army.

Finally finished this on Infernal with less than an hour to go.

I used Nino, Olivia, Camus, and Reinhardt.

The trick, after much experimenting, was to unequip Fury 3 from Camus and equip Fury 1 instead. With Fury 1, he does less damage to himself after battles, allowing him to survive a hit from the green mage whereas with Fury 3 he would have suffered too much damage to survive.

Funny, how I was struggling so much to come up with my own tactic, and all I had to do was switch Fury 3 out for Fury 1...

• 4 months later...

Just used a stamina bar to still not finish the sharena kill quest yet. I need the right balance of units to kill everything but Berkut and leave him at the right range. That 3* lvl 35 is not helping her get that kill. The struggles of feather-pinching.

Holy...these quests were pretty hard. I had to use two stamina pots to complete them. 

I found that a neutral atk Klein with a spd buff can quad Berkut leaving him at 4 HP for Sharena and Berkut to kill. 

My DC Eirika is able to get rid of the mages during the first turn if she's on the south defense tile and due to her high Spd she can survive a round of combat against the Firesweep archer leaving her with Luna ready for next turn. Sadly I don't know about a good replacement for her so this strategy may not be of use for many.

Sharena killed Berkut, finished off the horse archer, skewered the green mage, and eradicated the axe cavalier. Sharena is a little cute monster.

Ninian, Arvis, and CYL Ike did their best too.

Now for Berkut vs. Berkut…

Cleared the all-infantry quest on Lunatic on first try. Units used:

Fjorm

5* Olivia (Ruby Sword+, Fury 3, Hone Spd 1)

+2 +HP/-Def Ryoma (Moonbow, Fury 3, Vantage 3)

+HP/-Atk Brave Ike (Quick Riposte 2, Defense +1)

Olivia and Fjorm start at the southern area while Ryoma and Ike hide at the northeastern corner with Brave Ike positioned so that he can get Berkut to attack him on turn 1.

EDIT: Struggled and pulled the double Sharena quest clears. Units used:

5* Sharena (Escutcheon, Armored Blow 3)

+HP/-Atk Brave Ike (Quick Riposte 2, Defense +1)

+Atk/-HP Amelia (+Spd Slaying Axe+, Aether, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Res +1)

+Atk/-Spd Effie (Brave Lance+, Fortify Armor)

Edited by Roflolxp54

This was one of the hardest GHBs for me, at least on Infernal back then. This time I did the Sharena and infantry quests on my first time with A!Tiki, Nowi and Fae. Just parked every one on defense tiles and Sharena just tanked Berkut with QR2. The green axe cavalier even went on a suicide mission towards A!Tiki instead of Sharena for some reason. I really don't understand the AI sometimes. 

Hopefully with Berkut it will just be as easy. I still have to 5* him down the road.