Grand Hero Battle: Berkut!

Vaximillian

I'd already completed this with my water and wind teams so can't quite remember who I used. 

Fire: Reinhardt, Lyon, Inigo, Xander. Basically Lyon tanked stuff, Reinhardt didn't die to Berkut's one hit, and then he went and killed stuff. 

Earth: Caeda, PA!Olivia, Titania, M!Robin - Robin lured the bow person, axe fighter and Berkut away from Caeda and Olivia. He killed the bow user and tanked a hit from Berkut. Titania murdered Berkut. Caeda cleared up everyone else, including the axe user. She's pretty handy for any maps with lots of mages on. 

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This map certainly shows its age. It was for a time when there was no free Distant Counter unit to park himself/herself on that defense tile on the bottom map. I wasn't around then. 

Wrecked this map for all the challenges and even ran a "Tactics" team of Vanguard Ike(Def Tactic), Valentine Lilina(Atk Tactic), L'arachel(4* Res Tactic 2), and Nino(Bladetome uses those buffs).

Earth team consisted of 5*Vanguard Ike, 5*Nowi, 4*Spring Kagero, and 5*Spring Chrom. Chrom did absolutely nothing. Kagero got crap IVs. -Spd renders her a benchwarmer in most instances. But she still can outspeed Berkut. I should have stayed on the tile since that Axe cav has Moonbow and Nowi does not survive without a Def + or HP +3 seal. 

Wind team consisted of regular Ike, 4*Azama, 5* Sharena, and 4*Arthur. Rather than kill Arthur, bow guy goes for Sharena instead and Berkut's loaded special does not do much thanks to triangle advantage. 

Water consisted of Brave Lyn, Alm, Valentine Hector, and Fjorm. Destruction would have been expedited if I had put some more Attack + goodness onto Alm. 

Fire had 5*Brave Roy, 5*Anna, 4*Nino, and 5*Black Knight. Anna is such a chump defensively, but hey, I finally used the Escape Route on that weapon. Nino saves the day with Draw Back on Roy and dealing the finishing blow. I should have equipped Astra on Roy. 

I play and record on an Android tablet, so that's why the sound is crappy. Android doesn't allow for internal audio recording. 

@Zeo @mampfoid

This one was interesting I suppose. Played around with some WoM and Smite. The biggest issue here was Leon. He needed to be slow to bait the green mage but fast enough to double the red one. I tried using hones first but it doesn’t work out, then I remembered swift wind balm exists.

@NegativeExponents- Brilliant Smite! Seriously when I saw Eliwood zip in like that and move Raven I got hype! It's pretty weird to see someone use Brave Axe+ on Raven still, but it worked out well here. Also shout outs to me recognizing all the music even if I can't fully remember where it's from. Playing MUGEN as a teen really introduced me to a lot of different franchises and game tracks.

@Zeo Thanks! Smite is always such a fun skill to see in action. Nothing better than seeing a unit thrown across the map. Brave Axe+ Raven is more of an “I don’t have enough dew” issue as opposed to a choice. I do believe that Basilikos with a refine and Heavy Blade seal would have done the job just as well.

The first track is “Battle with Magus” from Chrono Trigger and the second one is “Still in the Dark” from Guilty Gear in case you were interested.

What exactly is Mugen? Sounds interesting

2 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

@Zeo Thanks! Smite is always such a fun skill to see in action. Nothing better than seeing a unit thrown across the map. Brave Axe+ Raven is more of an “I don’t have enough dew” issue as opposed to a choice. I do believe that Basilikos with a refine and Heavy Blade seal would have done the job just as well.

The first track is “Battle with Magus” from Chrono Trigger and the second one is “Still in the Dark” from Guilty Gear in case you were interested.

What exactly is Mugen? Sounds interesting

Mugen is a make-your-own-fighting game program where you can mix and match backgrounds/characters/graphics from different fighting games (or other people's created characters, etc.). Basically like the ultimate dreammatch.

Also nice to see Raven and Eliwood. I don't see much Leon so that's nice as well. That Smite is really useful for PvE (I remember using it in Lloyd's map when it first came out)

Anyway, here's another fun themed clear- Berkut vs Villagers- all from different FE games.

@Zeo @mampfoid @Vaximillian

Team is neutral Tobin, +Atk/-Res Donnel, +Atk/-Res Amelia and +Def/-HP Rebecca

-Tobin tanked the upper half of the map thanks to Distant Defense. He needed at least Atk+1 and Axebreaker to defeat the axe cavalier quickly.

-Donnel needed at least Atk+2 to KO Berkut. If I kept Amelia's Bonfire, then there was no need for Donnel or Rebecca to enter battle but I wanted to make them feel useful. Other than that his main job was to replenish Amelia's health

-Speaking of Amelia needed the HP+5 and Spd buff from her refined Slaying Axe to survive enough hits. The Spd buff makes sure she's not doubled after the Bow Cav's Seal Speed. If she equipped Sacred Cowl for some reason, then the mage attacks Rebecca instead.

@mcsilas No way. Mugen sounds so cool! I’ll definitely look into it and try it out myself sometime.

True that. Smite got me through Ursula’s map when it first came out. I remember using severely under leveled Effie, Setsuna, Nino, and Olivia for it. That was the first time I beat any lunatic map.

That’s a nice clear by the way. I have never seen Tobin or Rebecca used before. Also everyone is minimally build. I’m assuming that’s a personal challenge? It’s a neat challenge if so.

Edited by NegativeExponents-
Clarification

21 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

That’s a nice clear by the way. I have never seen Tobin or Rebecca used before. Also everyone is minimally build. I’m assuming that’s a personal challenge? It’s a neat challenge if so.

Yeah, I like to see what the minimum skills are needed to clear it. Plus some of these units I don't really use that often (Rebecca), so they don't have a lot of investment

The only fully built one is Amelia (although I unequipped Life and Death, Desperation and Bonfire) and I partially built Tobin as an Axe Armour deleter for AA.

Lately I'm just trying out themed battles and working with what I have. I mean sure for the themes to work (and because they have no/minimal investment) I use Lunatic, but it's fun that way. Best example is a Clarisse video that I posted in her thread, where I even used a 3 star for the job. 

As for Mugen that was like a very broad explanation, but you can search for Mugen videos in youtube to get an idea of what you can do.

@NegativeExponents- Beautiful clear! Brilliant idea to use Swift balm, I never would have thought of that. The use of Smite is always worth to watch, it's perhaps the most hilarious skill in the game.

Galeforce Raven, hmm now you make me want to build one (my GF queue is long). I'm also missing a good natured copy though. 

@mcsilas Town boys (and girls) strike again! Nice touch to bring 4* units, also Donnel finishing Berkut.

What music is that? I can't always watch with sound switched on, but this one was very fitting. 

@mcsilas That’s pretty awesome. I didn’t even notice it was Lunatic until you pointed it out. It doesn’t make it any less enjoyable though and if it’s fun that way then all the better.

Oh I see. It’s a computer program. Looks complicated and very involved but I won’t let that discourage me. I just hope it isn’t anything my laptop won’t be able to run well.

edit: @mampfoid The balms can be surprisingly useful. Such a shame that they’re easily forgotten though. Smite is indeed great if only because of all the times an AI has thrown a cavalry unit into a place they can’t possibly get out of :XD:

I was actually pretty inspired by you when thinking on how I could possibly clear this so I’m glad my Raven served as a bit of inspiration for you too. Good thing his rarity dropped which should help nature hunting. I happened to get lucky with mine seeing as the first one I got was already great.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@mcsilas Town boys (and girls) strike again! Nice touch to bring 4* units, also Donnel finishing Berkut.

What music is that? I can't always watch with sound switched on, but this one was very fitting. 

Wilderness Policeman from Garou: Mark of the Wolves soundtrack (arranged version). It’s another fighting game :)

i meant to edit it in but the forum won’t let me edit after posting.

@mcsilas@Zeo@Rezzy@bottlegnomes@Cute Chao@XRay@mampfoid@Vaximillian

More details in the video's description... I went for something rather insane and wondered if my +SPD/-DEF Cherche can lay down the smackdown on this GHB. I intentionally made her tank an archer hit so I can get her to low HP fast for Wings of Mercy shenanigans. Azura was a case of AI manipulation because my previous attempts had the Green units going up north if I place her on the Defensive tile.

P.S This Cherche is running a Slaying Axe+ speedy attacker set.

I am going to post the Mathilda and Clive version of this GHB when it's uploaded. "Clive and Mathilda's Lovely Picnic of Doom" at Berkut Grand Hero Battle.

Edited by Frosty

21 minutes ago, Frosty said:

More details in the video's description... I went for something rather insane and wondered if my +SPD/-DEF Cherche can lay down the smackdown on this GHB. I intentionally made her tank an archer hit so I can get her to low HP fast for Wings of Mercy shenanigans. Azura was a case of AI manipulation because my previous attempts had the Green units going up north if I place her on the Defensive tile.

I am going to post the Mathilda and Clive version of this GHB when it's uploaded. "Clive and Mathilda's Lovely Picnic of Doom" at Berkut Grand Hero Battle.

Nice. I used Wings of Mercy to clear this map too, although I used it on Hector. I gave up trying to figure out a way to make a Player Phase team work as none of my nukes can handle a beating.

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

Nice. I used Wings of Mercy to clear this map too, although I used it on Hector. I gave up trying to figure out a way to make a Player Phase team work as none of my nukes can handle a beating.

Thanks!

... oh and if the Red Mage wasn't packing Axebreaker, Cherche could have solo'd the entire map.

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Congrats, I remember this being one of the harder GHBs, since your units start all separated, and you can't capitalize on buffs very well for the first couple turns.

@Frosty Never considered building a +SPD Cherche. Was neat to see. I actually was getting a bit concerned near the end. I wasn't sure how you were going to avoid a unit dying, then I saw that the green mage was blocked by forest tiles. Smart stuff.

3 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

@Frosty Nice! WoM shenanigans are always fun, and seeing a fast Cherche was sweet.

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

@Frosty Never considered building a +SPD Cherche. Was neat to see. I actually was getting a bit concerned near the end. I wasn't sure how you were going to avoid a unit dying, then I saw that the green mage was blocked by forest tiles. Smart stuff.

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@Frosty That was nice, I never saw a speedy Cherche in action until now (only on Michalis map I gave mine a killer Axe once). Azura survived only by 1 HP, pretty close call. Looking forward to the picnic of doom

It's not often you'll see a Cherche not running Brave Axe+, I've decided to build her this way because she has salvageable SPD if she has a speed boon (it's also a superboon) and she can go really fast in a Fliers team. She can hit 65/48 offenses with a Goad+Hone Fliers which is surprising.

Also I got her during Minerva and Maria's Bound Hero Battle banner; I was aiming for Minerva but the game just gave me a +SPD/-DEF Cherche and I was like "You're not Minerva so I'm going to turn you into one!"

The part of making Azura take a hit was a case of AI manipulation; the green units went up north instead of going into Cherche's direction; and getting the said Green Mage blocked by Forest tiles.

6 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Frosty Congrats on the clear! I've heard to the +Spd Slaying Axe build from before and it's great to see it in action! Very unique and props to you!

I guess -Def means Bonfire isn't as damaging as Luna huh?

Well, she still has 32 DEF with Fury even if -DEF; but still I'd rather have Luna since I tend to bump into rather bulky enemies; this GHB is one such instance.

Thanks, I was glad that even +SPD Cherche is still usable.

Oh, and here's the Clive & Mathilda clear of the same GHB; this spotlights my "Horse Emblem Ephraim-clone" Clive and "Firesweep War Goddess" Mathilda, Clive did the tanking and killing the Bow Knight, everyone else became Mathilda's victims. Olivia and Azura tagged along because of WoM shenanigans since Fury 3 is involved again. Tagging you @mampfoid@Rezzy@XRay@bottlegnomes@Zeo@Vaximillian

Edited by Frosty

@Frosty Seeing one of those cavs is something you don't see every day, let alone 2. Very interesting choice for a Firesweep Lance+ unit. Definitely something I've never seen before. Then again I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone use Matilda at all.