Grand Hero Battle: Berkut!

Vaximillian

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My MVP for this map and the various quests was none other than ... Sanaki. She can tank the entire bottom half of the map so well. Shoutout to Inigo for giving her a speed boost that lets her double the firesweep bow cavalier.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAS.  I did the Berkut quest with my 4* Olivia+10, Super!Lucius, Brave Roy, and 4* Berkut with default skills. Ugh. I love the challenge of this GHB, but I also hate it because I no desire to make anything of Berkut. >.> I don't want more of him. But I want the orbs.

Actually took a few tries to use an infantry team on Berkut, but Sharena, Nohrzura, Arvis and Joshua (all 5*) were able to pull it off. This despite me assuming I screwed it up as the green mage, the archer and Berkut were descending on Arvis and Nohrzura. Berkut even ran for Sharena instead of fighting Nohrzura. Joshua takes the northern half of the map and goes near the fort, while the other three wait outside of combat. He tanks the axe cav and the red mage, while the others move for Arvis and Nohrzura. Sharena moves into range of Berkut, Arvis takes out the green mage and Nohrzura dances him out of range. the archer attacks Nohrzura and Berkut attacks Sharena. She finishes him of player phase and Nohrzura and Arvis take out the archer together.

Joshua has not got Windsweep, Sharena has Luna and Desperation, Nohrzura has WoM, Arvis has Darting Blow, Ardent Sacrifice and Iceberg

Berkut facing himself also took a bit, but I cleared with Brave Lyn (with Summoner support), Eliwood (5*), Berkut and Cecilia (4*) (Cecilia did nothing). Brave Lyn with Obstruct (critical to this strat) takes out the archer first from the fort, Eliwood sits 2 spaces below, Berkut moves into the fort in enemy Berkut's range and Cecilia sits outside. The other enemies fight Lyn and die (except for the axe cav), while Berkut starts attacking Berkut. Because my Berkut has Lancereaver 2, he doubles this round. On player phase, Lyn swaps with Eliwood, who stays in place, Berkut and Cecilia also wait. Enemy Berkut activates Blazing Flame, leaving my Berkut badly injured and with a Blazing flame of his own. The axe cav dies to Eliwood. Berkut does just enough damage to finish enemy Berkut himself on player phase. Cecilia did nothing.

This requires Obstruct 2 on Brave Lyn and Berkut having Lancereaver (at least 1). Eliwood could be altered to fit this battle better as well, but Ward Cav is important.

Berkut Infernal vs Askr Trio and Fjorm

3/5 of the Quests cleared with the Askar Trio & Fjorm (neutral F2P) unit. Minor SI:
Alfonse: all Vanilla ecxept for Reposition and Wings of Mercy 3
Fjorm: all Vanilla ecxept for Reposition (i dont think she uses it at all)
Sharena: all Vanilla ecxept for Bonfire, Wings of Mercy 3
Anna: Reciprocal Aid, Arkanum (goes unused), Fortress Def 3, Renewal 3 and Spur Atk 4
The Askr Trio all have Water blessing

Enjoy

Edited by Hilda

Jeorge, Olivia, BH!Ike and Fjorm solved the infantry quest. Could have used also Sharena immediately instead of Fjorm, because I used exactly that team for the Sharena mission. Berkut and F!Robin came in for Sharena and Jeorge for the last quest.  

@DarkLordIvy That Soren kills a lot for sure. 

It was actually the first time but it was really difficult to do it with a *4 Berkut. Took 2 stamina potions and it came down to Bridelia having to take a hit and Camus having to duel a green mage but they got the job done. 

Infantry was one-tried. 3 dancers (2 with WoM), +ATK Bridelia with a +2 ATK seal. Such things shouldn't be legal. For Sharena she already has lancebreaker so I just swapped Inigo out for her. Had Berkut bait over to Olivia. Let the bride take a hit then warp Olivia to her and let Berkut suicide on Sharena while Bridelia wiped up the rest of the team.

It's been a minute since I've experienced true difficulty though, it was fun, at least it would have been if I hadn't been forced to use such a terrible unit.

2 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAS.  I did the Berkut quest with my 4* Olivia+10, Super!Lucius, Brave Roy, and 4* Berkut with default skills. Ugh. I love the challenge of this GHB, but I also hate it because I no desire to make anything of Berkut. >.> I don't want more of him. But I want the orbs.

Just fodder of his Berkut's Lance+. It's actually great now for things like Distant Counter Effie.

@Cute Chao No he doesn't sadly. Just go to Arena Assault with only 1 level 40 unit OR lv 40 Berkut (optional) and pick Easy, there's a lot of weaponless Berkuts there,

Edited by mcsilas

18 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Just fodder of his Berkut's Lance+. It's actually great now for things like Distant Counter Effie.

@Cute Chao No he doesn't sadly. Just got to Arena Assault with only 1 level 40 unit OR lv 40 Berkut (optional) and pick Easy, there's a lot of weaponless Berkuts there,

Darn, thanks. I might just do that :) 

Shame I've not had any arena defence wins otherwise I'd put mine in there, too

Edit: Tried the arena way ten times and faced five emerald axe users and three green mages. Looks like people have caught on to this and decided to take advantage. If course

Edited by Cute Chao

4 hours ago, Hilda said:

Berkut Infernal vs Askr Trio and Fjorm

3/5 of the Quests cleared with the Askar Trio & Fjorm (neutral F2P) unit. Minor SI:
Alfonse: all Vanilla ecxept for Reposition and Wings of Mercy 3
Fjorm: all Vanilla ecxept for Reposition (i dont think she uses it at all)
Sharena: all Vanilla ecxept for Bonfire, Wings of Mercy 3
Anna: Reciprocal Aid, Arkanum (goes unused), Fortress Def 3, Renewal 3 and Spur Atk 4
The Askr Trio all have Water blessing

Enjoy

(Off-topic) Oh yay! This is my sister’s artwork for the Askr Trio. Thank you for appreciating it.

-

Watched the video, I thought it was super nice! 

Edited by Aera

Got the infantry quest done with my Axezura, Delthea, Adult Tiki, and Kagero team (It was actually my first time beating Lunatic since I wasn't strong enough last time around).

After some trial and error I ended up using a mixed team of Axezura, Delthea, Hector, and Black Knight to deal with Infernal. Azura and Delthea took care of the top right part of the map (highlights include Azura laughing at and destroying Berkut and Delthea murdering everyone else) while the armor boys took the bottom half (Hector baited the lance cavalier not named Berkut then he and Black Knight counter killed the mages in the next two turns...Black Knight did need a resistance seal however and Hector needed to stay out of the red cavalier's range or he would die).

1 hour ago, Aera said:

(Off-topic) Oh yay! This is my sister’s artwork for the Askr Trio. Thank you for appreciating it.

-

Watched the video, I thought it was super nice! 

tell your sister to do more such artwork <3

FINALLY beaten Infernal with a horse team.

The Team: 5* Camus with inherited Reposition and never used Escape Route + Close Defense 2 Seal, BowLyn with inherited Brave Bow (regular) + Breath of Life 3 seal, 5*  +SPD/-DEF Cecilia with inherited Reposition + Hone Cavalry + HP+3 seal, and 5* +RES/-HP Reinhardt with inherited Moonbow and DB3 + QP seal. Camus has S-support with BowLyn, and Rein has S with Cecilia.

Brave Bow!BowLyn really rocks here compared to Mulagir!BowLyn as she ORKOs the Goad Lance Cav with just Rein's Goad, while she needs both Camus' and Rein's goads AND Atk+2 seal to do the same. Later she finished Berkut and ORKOd the Green Mage. Camus did 3 things - provided Goad, tanked the Firesweep Cav and Berkut on EP1 (taking off 30 of Berkut's HP in process) and tanked the Axe Cav in the end. Rein killed the Red Cav and provided Goad. Cecilia killed the Firesweep Cav, and repositioned Camus, so he could tank the Axe Cav.

The problem was surviving without being cornered. At first I put Lyn and Camus at bottom (in that order), Rein at mid, and Cecilia at top, but after a few fails and inheriting Brave Bow, I swapped Camus and Rein around. So Lyn ended up ORKOing the Lance Cav, then was repositioned by Camus. Camus ended up on defense tile. Rein moved to provide Goad for Camus 2 tiles below him. Cecilia moved so that she would be out of Berkut's Range, while still being able to get in on the next turn. EP: Firesweep and Berkut attack Camus, Berkut gets whacked. Everyone else moves to the bottom fsr, mb to attack Rein? PP2: I use Lyn and Cecilia to kill Berkut and Firesweep Cav, then form to make use of Cecilia's Hone Cavalry.

Then I have a heart attack, because the Axe Cav is too tough for Lyn to ORKO thanks to him being Forified by Red Cav, and Camus is too far away to provide Goad. So instead I have her ORKO the green mage, Rein kills the Red Cav, while Cecilia repositions Camus, who promptly chokes the point, surviving with about 13 HP. Lyn then kills the weakened cav.

And it only took 4 full stamina bars to get the solution. I hate rushdown GHB's. At least my infantry team was good enough to clear Lunatic on the first try AND to give Berkut's head to Sharena.

6 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Tried the arena way ten times and faced five emerald axe users and three green mages. Looks like people have caught on to this and decided to take advantage. If course

There's nothing to take advantage of, though.  You either see the unit you're wanting to fight or you surrender and try again.  It costs no crests, no stamina, just time.

I beat this on Berkut's debut ages ago, but I did a redux now that we have so many more new toys to play with--namely, Ryoma now has his summoner S and DD3 seal and he absolutely does not give a fuck. This let me beat it with my usual PvE team of Ryoma/Rein/Nino/Olivia instead of subbing out Nino for Hector to draw fire for Ryoma last time.

And no, you do not need a +8 Reinhardt.

1 hour ago, GinRei said:

There's nothing to take advantage of, though.  You either see the unit you're wanting to fight or you surrender and try again.  It costs no crests, no stamina, just time.

I thought it cost a crest if you surrendered?