Grand Hero Battle: Berkut!

Vaximillian

43 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I thought it cost a crest if you surrendered?

Arena Assault is free to try as many times as you like. The only cost is that after the first run, you no longer receive SP and HM.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Arena Assault is free to try as many times as you like. The only cost is that after the first run, you no longer receive SP and HM.

Oh, that's true. I completely forgot about AA. Such a ditz >.<

Edited by Cute Chao

I didĀ the Lunatic quests for Orbs in a slightly cheesy way with raventome TA!Lilina + TA!Axura. It's a bit gimmicky I guess, butĀ I think this canĀ probably workĀ with any other red raven mage, with Axura.Ā 

By planting Lilina (+atk/-spd)Ā with Distant Defence 3 seal and Azura's Drive ref on the def tile, she can pretty much tank the whole bottom left corner. All but the green axe cav went up to the top right. On the next turn, Lilina had her special up, soĀ she can ohko the firesweep cav with Draconic Aura. Then Axura can danceĀ Lilina, and alsoĀ block Berkut using the trees. Once danced, IĀ moved Lilina so that she blockedĀ the red and green mages from hitting Axura. All the top left need to do is deal with the green cav.

Beginning of Player Phase 2Ā 

Spoiler

7dwyJQQ.png

Before Ending Player Phase 2

Spoiler

7lxsOA8.png

Ā 

I've tried with different unit combinations on the top right. All the times it's only thatĀ green cav who goesĀ up.

First Jaffar semi-solo of all time?

https://streamable.com/x56pmĀ (idk how quickly this link is going to expire but yea)

Ā 

PS:Ā  If any other crazy nutjob has a built Jaffar it is extremely easy to use him in Lunatic to kill everything and leave Berkut with 1hp so Sharena or Berkut can kill.Ā  Honestly Jaffar could be really good for GHB quests because he knocks people to 1hp and lowers their defense/resistance -7.Ā Ā 

Edited by Lushen

Had some interesting encounters.

Battle 5 of Arena Assault: unarmed Berkut. Killed it with Nino before I remembered the quests.

Battle 7 of Arena Assault: built Berkut. Sent Berkut and Jaffar to kill it.

And then for the actual quests, I decided to use a stamina bottle because I was in the groove. Cleared both Lunatic quests by using Adult Tiki/Ninian to murder everything, while Klein dealt with Berkut and the occasional axe cavalier that came around up top. Klein with Lancebreaker and +3 Atk sealĀ doesn't actually kill Berkut- so, since Berkut was nice enough to be three spaces away from the enemy Berkut, I killed Berkut with Berkut again.

...And then I just retried Arena Assaults for Sharena's kill.

Amusingly enough, I beat Berkut's lunatic map again on my friend's account with a different team: Brave Lyn, Reinhardt, colorless Olivia, and I'm pretty sure the fourth guy was Brave Ike. Unfortunately, Brave Lyn can't replicate what I did with Sanaki because of the anti-cavalry red mage, but I somehow managed to beat it using lucky procs, Ike leading Berkut away from his horde and tanking things with his face, and Reinhardt being able to auto-double things.

just accidently pulled an infernal win with only infantry, my units were far more capable than I originally thought,Ā  I used brave Ike, young tiki, ninian and serra.

it mostly focused on tiki killing the mages and axe knight with help from ninian buffs, and ike and serra baiting berkut the bow knight and the lance knight.

7 minutes ago, Swordsman said:

Hi guys, i'm new here..

I can't seem to clear lunatic and infernal of the GHB with my current roster.

Need some advice.

Ā 

24883197_10155798080798211_5568732106289

I think you could use a similar strategy I used on my friend's file to beat this GHB, as long as your 4-star Olivia has hone attack. That said, I don't remember 100% of what I did, but I could go back and redo it on my own file and let you know what I did. What are your Reinhardt and Brave Lyn's skills? Also, does your Brave Ike have aether?

Edited by Sunwoo

@Swordsman

Okay, so, I changed my characters' skills around slightly to try to match what you have. From what I can tell, it's absolutely doable, butĀ your Olivia must have hone attack 2Ā OR your Lyn must otherwise gain 3Ā attack.Ā Otherwise, she won't deal enough damage to the firesweep cavalier and die.

If you can get hone attack 2 on Olivia, though, this is what you should do:

1. Position your units so that Reinhardt is in the uppermost space, Brave Ike is in the rightmost space (should start out in Berkut's range). Olivia and Brave Lyn should be in the bottom two spaces, Olivia should start to the left.

2. Move Brave Ike one space up, so he's adjacent to a defense tile and a tree. Move Reinhardt onto the defense tile, right behind Brave Ike. Leave Olivia and Brave Lyn where they are. The firesweep cavalier and Berkut should charge Brave Ike. If your Brave Ike has Aether, he will weaken Berkut considerably.

3. Have Reinhardt attack Berkut from his spot on the defense tile. You should be able to do this without either lancebreaker or death blow as long as your Brave Ike has aether and steady breath. Have Brave Ike attack the red horse mage. Lyn should be able to finish off the red horse mage once they are weakened. MAKE SURE YOU WEAKEN THE MAGE WITH IKE OR ELSE LYN DIES IN ONE HIT. Olivia dances for Lyn, and she kills the firesweep cavalier. On the enemy phase, the green mage should attack Brave Ike. But it shouldn't matter who he attacks, since Reinhardt is out of range. The green axe cavalier runs towards Reinhardt.

4. On the next phase, have Lyn take out the green mage. If things went correctly, her draconic aura should be charged up. She'll take a hit, but she shouldn't die. Have Olivia dance her, and she should be able to take out the axe cavalier.

The main takeaway here is that your Olivia MUST have hone attack 2, minimum.

EDIT: Also, while this works for lunatic, it probably won't for infernal.

Edited by Sunwoo

30 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

@Swordsman

Okay, so, I changed my characters' skills around slightly to try to match what you have. From what I can tell, it's absolutely doable, butĀ your Olivia must have hone attack 2Ā OR your Lyn must otherwise gain 3Ā attack.Ā Otherwise, she won't deal enough damage to the firesweep cavalier and die.

If you can get hone attack 2 on Olivia, though, this is what you should do:

1. Position your units so that Reinhardt is in the uppermost space, Brave Ike is in the rightmost space (should start out in Berkut's range). Olivia and Brave Lyn should be in the bottom two spaces, Olivia should start to the left.

2. Move Brave Ike one space up, so he's adjacent to a defense tile and a tree. Move Reinhardt onto the defense tile, right behind Brave Ike. Leave Olivia and Brave Lyn where they are. The firesweep cavalier and Berkut should charge Brave Ike. If your Brave Ike has Aether, he will weaken Berkut considerably.

3. Have Reinhardt attack Berkut from his spot on the defense tile. You should be able to do this without either lancebreaker or death blow as long as your Brave Ike has aether and steady breath. Have Brave Ike attack the red horse mage. Lyn should be able to finish off the red horse mage once they are weakened. MAKE SURE YOU WEAKEN THE MAGE WITH IKE OR ELSE LYN DIES IN ONE HIT. Olivia dances for Lyn, and she kills the firesweep cavalier. On the enemy phase, the green mage should attack Brave Ike. But it shouldn't matter who he attacks, since Reinhardt is out of range. The green axe cavalier runs towards Reinhardt.

4. On the next phase, have Lyn take out the green mage. If things went correctly, her draconic aura should be charged up. She'll take a hit, but she shouldn't die. Have Olivia dance her, and she should be able to take out the axe cavalier.

The main takeaway here is that your Olivia MUST have hone attack 2, minimum.

EDIT: Also, while this works for lunatic, it probably won't for infernal.

Thank you for your in depth strategy. i will try this out.

1 minute ago, Swordsman said:

Thank you for your in depth strategy. i will try this out.

If you have spare shards, I suggest leveling up Olivia to 40 (or as much as you can). The behavior of the AI might change slightly just because your Olivia is so low leveled, so I think you should get her as high leveled as you can.

This wasn't nearly as difficult as I remembered. One thing it definitely did for me was make me appreciate Celica. She and PA!Shigure handled the bottom rightĀ left corner for all of the quests while B!Ike and the quest character took care of Berkut and the bow cav. I can say I'm very glad I invested in the +3 attack seal. It would've been doable without it, but that made things much easier.

Between seeing how this and Michalis went, I really want them to rerun Camus and Xander since it seems like, unless they do something unexpected, their infernal modes won't be too bad and +3 Xander and Camus <3

Now time to harvest Berkut's sweet, sweet lance for some characters I actually care about.

Edit: I can't tell left from right :\

Edited by bottlegnomes

Cleared Infernal with Fjorm/Olivia/Hector/Fae. Yes, Olivia- to handle the green enemies.

The final enemy (the Firesweep archer) was defeated in a clever way. Not only did Olivia's Sacred Cowl come in handy, allowing her to survive with 1HP, but when the archer hit Hector, he was too far away from my other units... until I did this intricate movement to get Fae up to the archer. (Fae moves, Olivia dances, Fjorm repositions, Fae moves, in that order).

On 08.12.2017 at 4:35 PM, Roflolxp54 said:

4* F2P no SI solution for Berkut mirror quest (uses F!Robin and Barst) by Trigourd:

Thank you! Just did it following the video. Had to wait until today to forge the Spur Atk seal because I didnā€™t have one. My Barst is apparently either HP- or Res-flawed, so I gave him the HP+3 seal for him to not die to the red cavalier.

Beginning to feel a desperate need for help with clearing the Infernal map and killing Berkut with Sharena. I try to follow online guides but there is always one specific thing I donā€™t have or is different and it messes up the AI movement and I canā€™t follow it, e.g. different IVs or merges. So any adivce would be appreciated as I really want those extra Berkuts. Thanks!

EDIT: I have managed to do the Sharena kills Berkut quest but would still like some advice on the Infernal map. I have good units but teambuilding isnā€™t my strongpoint.

Edited by sdgj1994

2 hours ago, sdgj1994 said:

Beginning to feel a desperate need for help with clearing the Infernal map and killing Berkut with Sharena. I try to follow online guides but there is always one specific thing I donā€™t have or is different and it messes up the AI movement and I canā€™t follow it, e.g. different IVs or merges. So any adivce would be appreciated as I really want those extra Berkuts. Thanks!

EDIT: I have managed to do the Sharena kills Berkut quest but would still like some advice on the Infernal map. I have good units but teambuilding isnā€™t my strongpoint.

It would help to know what you already tried to solve infernal, what units you used and what exactly went wrong.Ā 

There are different solutions depending what units you have. It would be a good start to have someone to tank Berkut and the Archer, plus you need someone to do the killing, perhaps supported by a dancer.Ā 

36 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

It would help to know what you already tried to solve infernal, what units you used and what exactly went wrong.Ā 

There are different solutions depending what units you have. It would be a good start to have someone to tank Berkut and the Archer, plus you need someone to do the killing, perhaps supported by a dancer.Ā 

From what Iā€™ve seen online people mainly use Ursula with a dancerā€™s aid to deal with Berkut and the Firesweep Bow cav. I can replicate that no problem. The problem comes with trying to lure specific units a certain direction on the first turn. I have never been good with manipulating the AI so it certainly doesnā€™t help me out here.

As far as dancers go I have all of them besides PA Olivia and PA Azura. Most use Olivia as she is the easiest to obtain.Ā Its just who else to use alongside Ursula and the dancer. The biggest problems for me have been the green units. But if I fielded more reds Berkut would most likelyĀ head towards them instead of Ursula. Maybe Brave Lyn with a Brave Bow plus another dancer would work? Mine doesnā€™t have the plus variant but will give it a go.

9 minutes ago, sdgj1994 said:

From what Iā€™ve seen online people mainly use Ursula with a dancerā€™s aid to deal with Berkut and the Firesweep Bow cav. I can replicate that no problem. The problem comes with trying to lure specific units a certain direction on the first turn. I have never been good with manipulating the AI so it certainly doesnā€™t help me out here.

As far as dancers go I have all of them besides PA Olivia and PA Azura. Most use Olivia as she is the easiest to obtain.Ā Its just who else to use alongside Ursula and the dancer. The biggest problems for me have been the green units. But if I fielded more reds Berkut would most likelyĀ head towards them instead of Ursula. Maybe Brave Lyn with a Brave Bow plus another dancer would work? Mine doesnā€™t have the plus variant but will give it a go.

Brave Lyn and Rein were two of the characters I used on my infernal clear. So if you have them, they'll definitely help, especially Rein with lancebreaker. What other units do you have and what available skills? I had luck with TA raven Cecilia baiting the bow cav and IIRC Berkut. I don't think she even actually killed anyone, but she managed to survive both pretty easily and she's minus defense.

Edited by bottlegnomes

16 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Brave Lyn and Rein were two of the characters I used on my infernal clear. So if you have them, they'll definitely help, especially Rein with lancebreaker. What other units do you have and what available skills? I had luck with TA raven Cecilia baiting the bow cav and IIRC Berkut. I don't think she even actually killed anyone, but she managed to survive both pretty easily.

I have a +Atk Rein with hisĀ typical setup so he would most certianly help. I also have a F!Robin with a forged Keen Gronnwolf+ tome that nullifies cavalry bonuses. Brave Bow Brave Lyn wasnā€™t working too well when the enemies hadĀ their cavalry buffs, but F!Robin will sort those out. She has Bowbreaker 2 and G Tomebreaker 3, will most likely go with G Tomebreaker as the green tome unit on that map isnā€™t cavalry. So will try out a few more things with these units. Good thing I have a lot of stamina potions!

EDIT: Everything I try seems to end in failiure. Those damn green units seem to be the biggest issue!

Edited by sdgj1994

2 minutes ago, sdgj1994 said:

I have a +Atk Rein with hisĀ typical setup so he would most certianly help. I also have a F!Robin with a forged Keen Gronnwolf+ tome that nullifies cavalry bonuses. Brave Bow Brave Lyn wasnā€™t working too well when the enemies hadĀ their cavalry buffs, but F!Robin will sort those out. She has Bowbreaker 2 and G Tomebreaker 3, will most likely go with G Tomebreaker as the green tome unit on that map isnā€™t cavalry. So will try out a few more things with these units. Good thing I have a lot of stamina potions!

For me, Cecilia was very helpful, just from a baiting POV. She never actually fought.

So what I did was:

1. Rein and Xander at the bottom, Cecilia at the top, Lyn in the middle.
  2. Rein kills the cav below Berkut moving between the tree and the defensive tile in the bottom right.
  3. Xander repositions him out of the way.
  4. Cecilia moves into Berkut/bow cav range.
  5. Lyn moves next to the south defensive tile out of Berkut's range.
  6. Berkut attacks Xander
  7. Bow cav attacks Cecilia
  8. Green mage moves to the south defensive tile.
  9. Other two move to the north two defensive tiles after Cecilia.
  10. Xander kills the green mage. This is I believe the only place a special really comes into play. My Xander has bonfire and needed it to kill the mage.
  11. Rein moves to the defensive tile next to Xander and kills Berkut.
  12. Lyn kills the bow cav.
  13. Cecilia runs south out of attack range.
  14. Both cavs chase her.
  15. Lyn moves to the defensive tile in the bottom right.
  16. Cecilia moves next to the one Rein had been on.
  17. Rein moves to below Cecilia.
  18. Xander repositions Cecilia.
  19. Cavs chase again.
  20. Lyn moves immediately above Rein and kills the axe cav.
  21. Rein bonfires the red cav to kill it. Xander could also weaken it for Rein to kill so the bonfire isn't necessary.

Xander has hone cav, Rein goad and an S support with Lyn, and Lyn a brave bow+, but I don't think any of those came into play too much from looking at numbers. I need to run an errand real quick, but I can try it out without those when I get back. Hope that gives you some ideas. Cecilia didn't do anything except bait and have enough move to run away.

16 minutes ago, sdgj1994 said:

EDIT: Everything I try seems to end in failiure. Those damn green units seem to be the biggest issue!

You wrote you couldn't reproduce strategies you saw somewhere. What did you try? There are some solutions on YouTube using 4* Ursula or 4* Robin for infernal. Even if you can't reproduce them 1:1, they should give you some good ideas how to start.Ā 

I finally beat Infernal! I ended up using a strategy that involved using Wings of Mercy to warp my units around the map. I used Ursula, Spring Chrom, Olivia and Azura, and all but Ursula had at least WoM 1. It deffo helped get my team out of deadly situations!

I put in a lot of time for this GHB because I planĀ on making a supermerged 5* Berkut at some point. He may not be the greatest cav in the game but I really want to put him to use, he was a great villain in SoV! It will certainly take a while but I think it will be worth it :D