Grand Hero Battle: Berkut!

Vaximillian

Cleared infantry quest with Sanaki, Halloween Sakura, Olivia and the MVP, +Res/-HP Brave Ike.

i started with Brave Ike in the middle while Nekura baits mage at the bottom next to Sanaki's Hone Atk. I wanted to bait Berkut with Bike but completely forgot red mage could reach Ike!

Even though it was by accident, it worked out since Bike lived with 1HP!!! He then dealt with Berkut (defeated as Berkut did 0 damage), bow knight and red mage with Olivia support and Aether healing him back up. Nekura and Sanaki had no problem dealing with the bottom side except for tactically retreating when the axe cavalier came with a strategic Sanaki face tank thanks to Triangle Adept to charge her Iceberg.

Doing the infantry quest is a bit trickier in my main account since I had none of those units except Olivia. Tried doing a double dancer with Arvis and Legion but Arvis takes too much Fury damage or not enough for Olivia's WoM 2 to activate. Then i forgot I had Axura so I'll try her instead of Ninian to partner with Arvis at the bottom when I have more stamina.

edit: Okay did it in my main account.

For infantry quest I used a 4 star Arthur with Lancebreaker, WoM Ruby Sword Olivia, Axura with Drive Res 2 and Joshua with Distant Def seal. Basically Joshua and Axura are at the bottom, Arthur in centre and Olivia on top. Joshua baits the mages/archer and Axura buffs him with her weapon- being on a defense tile means Joshua is untouchable with both Close and Distant Def.

Berkut and a green axe cavalier moves towards Olivia. Basically Arthur facetanks Berkuts and defeats him with the help of Olivia. (I tried Legion first but he takes too much damage from Fury). 

Joshua deals with red mage ASAP so it doesn't blow Axura up with her TA3. He is pretty much in charge of the bottom half of the map and when he is in low enough health Olivia flies over him with WoM and finishes one of the green mages adjacent to Joshua. 

All-in-all, I'm glad I worked this one out with the MVP Arthur. Emerald Lancebreaker is a wonderful thing.

As for the Berkut in Lunatic challenge, it was trickier since Berkut had no synergy with Arthur. Ended up replacing Arthur with Hector. Hector dealt enough damage to Berkut to leave enemy Berkut with 1 HP, perfect for my 4 star Berkut to deal the final blow (even though that quest has already been completed). Joshua + Axura core dealt with the bottom half again, but it was trickier with only 1 dancer so I had to be sure to bait the right units at the right time.

Edited by mcsilas

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ピエリのおもちゃなの!

It's that time again. It took me a few runs of moving my dancers' starting positions to see which one caused the AI to split in the most optimal manner. And then I realized I didn't need a lot of things, so I unequipped everything from my dancers other than Dance and Sing, and it still worked. Heck, Azura didn't even need Sing. She just needed to be there to make the red knight split to the south.

+10 Ninian [+Spd, -Res] (Dance)
+0 Olivia [+Spd, -Res] (Dance)
+0 Performing Arts Azura [+Spd, -Def] (Sing)
+10 Peri [+Atk, -Res] (Firesweep Lance+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Drag Back, Threaten Def 3, Squad Ace E 1)

The usual imgur album with annotations: https://imgur.com/a/jPpWs.

• 4 months later...

Once again, I didn't need to change my teams to make Lunatic Berkut cry "UNCLE!"

Water: Draug, Effie, Sheena, Gwendolyn
Wind: Lyn Emblem
Earth: Reinhardt, Xander, Cecilia, RD Ike
Fire: Winter Tharja, LA Hector, LA Eliwood, Amelia

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Rafiel's Aria @Quintessence @NegativeExponents- @eclipse @Ginko @Fei Mao @Rezzy @DarkLordIvy

This is probably the shortest clear I've ever done. What I thought would be one of the most challenging GHB's for my team turned out to be the literal easiest. One try. Two if you count me suiciding on Berkut on purpose with Ayra the first time. Matthew is just far more powerful than he was when I first started doing this. That and the defense tile was just overkill. Anyhow. Camus is the last stop and my team will have officially beat all of the hardest challenges the game has to offer. I could do Lunatic CC 11 & 12 but what's the point. 

Anyways, enjoy the slaughter. Matthew wanted a piece of Berkut, but he was dead set on Ayra. You'll see how that went. @Hilda you were right. Too easy.

Coasting until Tuesday. See you then.

Edited by Zeo

@Zeo Nice, Matthew made short work if this. Perhaps you could make even a One Turn clear on this map. Have a good travel! 

@mcsilas @Zeo @NegativeExponents- @LordFrigid @DLNarshen @Poimagic@Infinite Dreams @tobuShogi

Next One Turn clear, Girls only this time, with special appearance of Hana.

Open terrain with melee opponents attached to each other, perfect for a One Turn clear. Berkut had to eat a DEF Ploy to get killed by Cherche and Cordelia needed an Hone ATK for the other Lance Cav. 

Tomorrow no video, I haven't found a way yet how to pull off Valters map with my current units. I may have to wait for GF fodder to build Oscar for this. It was doable with my units, with Roy killing Valter and Cordelia killing that Wary Fighter Sword Knight on EP, BUT Valter absolutely had to have Luna charged from the beginning. There is just no way Roy or Elincia are surviving that hit, Cherche doesn't take damage to proc WoM and Cordelia has to take care of the Wary Fighter Knight. 

This map is easy just put a DC or mage unit on the bottom def tile with dancer support and put a strong ax or lance unit at the very edge of Berkut's range and boom done in 3 turns max. All quests done in less then 5 mins.

Woah this was way easier than I thought it was going to be. I remember Berkut giving me issues. Even beat Infernal (I apparently had never even attempted it). Just used LA!Hector, PA!Azura, Robin (M) and Gerome!

LA!Hector took care of Berkut/lance user. And green and red went up towards Robin (M) and Gerome and Gerome finished them off with his Poleaxe. <33 Weird I used three green units. Lol.

Earth: Legendary Ike, Zephiel, Valentine's Lyn, Male Grima

Water: Fjorm, BK, Christmas Robin, Hector

Fire: Legendary Ephraim, Christmas Tharja, Hardin, Amelia

Wind: Sigurd, Oscar, Gunnthra, Zelgius

Wind was the trickiest, since this map is unfriendly to cavalry teams and I don't have much else in wind. For the other three, I just used the same team as last time.

Berkut's quest is pain in the ass. I gave up trying to make my Wind Blessing team (Nino, Azura, Celica, Setsuna) work and gave my Sheena a Wind Blessing to replace Nino.

Is his ability to fight all LIES LIES LIES LIES?

Earth: D!Ike, Springcina, Sonya and Nephenee. Nephenee tanks Berkut and the bow, Ike 1-rounds the red mage and axe cav. Sonya and Neph team up to finish Berkut and the bow, Sonya takes out the green mage. Springcina surprisingly could have been replaced with a potato, a rare statement from me.

Wind: Elise, Xander, Camus and L'Arachel for this one. Camus tanks off Berkut and the archer, everyone else is waiting in range. Camus actually needs Xander next to him to near kill (NOT EVEN ACTUALLY KILL) Berkut, who is killed by Elise, the archer is killed by L'Arachel, Elise tanks the red mage, Camus the green mage and L'Arachel takes the red mage out, leaving Xander to finish the green mage and tank the axe cav to death.

Water: Nohrzura, Fjorm, Arvis and Ayra this time. Fjrom tanks in the first turn from north to south thanks to Uror and Arvis, they and Nohrzura deal with Berkut and the red mage while Ayra struggles to join up because I was suboptimal with my placement. 

Fire: B!Lyn, Eliwood, Titania and Ursula ride again. Everyone goes to the right, with Lyn in the north and everyone else in the south with Titania providing Hone Cav. The next turn Eliwood, B!Lyn and Ursula 1-round the red mage, archer and Berkut (not in that order), with Eliwood taking a magic attack. Eliwood finishes the mage, is the positioned to take on the axe cav, who of course is 1-shot.

Honestly I had to redo everything to figure out what I was doing and I didn't clear it early on. Once I figured it out the fights were a cakewalk. Part of it is because Berkut is a beefy boss.

For me to complete this with flier emblem, Camilla had to pull out her Blade build. Camilla, with the help of Azura, took care of Berkut and the Bow Cav. Corrin and Nowi took care of the red mage, green mage, and Lance Cav. PA!Azura tanked the Axe Cav and counter killed him

Once again, each blessing clear was centered around one solid EP unit camping a defense tile. Iote’s Shield was my friend. Thank goodness these only require Lunatic.

The Caeda clear:

Spoiler

Corrin and Tiki were deployed for the sole reason that the enemies on this map would find them less appetizing than the two fliers.

~

@mampfoid I figured you’d have a pretty easy time of this when I saw that the enemies were so clustered (I had forgotten). Hana was a nice touch, don’t really see many of her.

@Zeo That looked way too easy for you lol, well done!  I think I heard the KUF briefing theme as well as Will and Brenner's theme from AW DOR. (Brenner's my second favorite theme in that game) I loved playing as Forsycth.

Off topic: It's awesome that you played KUF Crusaders and Heroes, I remember renting and buying them from blockbuster. Playing as the officers in Heroes was fun, just a shame that you can't get the ultimate air unit (the blimp gunship and dragon if I recall) without a cheat device, and some characters had worse voice acting (Gerard mostly if I recall his name) Also another shame that the second KUF game was in development hell and is scrapped now.

@Zeo Nice to see that this map was smooth sailing for you. I find it strange that Berkut would choose to pursue Ayra over Genny. Genny seems like an easier target since she can’t counterattack. Oh well, it’ll take more than WTA to take down Ayra.

@mampfoid Nice one. Not surprised that Berkut needed a def ploy. He’s tankier than I expected.

I don’t know if you mean Cherche isn’t taking enough damage or just not taking any at all but if it’s the first one then maybe Life and Death might help?

3 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

I figured you’d have a pretty easy time of this when I saw that the enemies were so clustered (I had forgotten). Hana was a nice touch, don’t really see many of her.

Your Caeda didn't take a sweat either, nice. I would give Hana Galeforce, if fodder wasn't that rare. She is able to quad a lot of units and WoM came with Brave+ when I sacrificed -ATK Cain to her (one of my first 5* units). 

11 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Nice one. Not surprised that Berkut needed a def ploy. He’s tankier than I expected.

I don’t know if you mean Cherche isn’t taking enough damage or just not taking any at all but if it’s the first one then maybe Life and Death might help?

Thanks! DEF Ploy became handy surpassingly often already. 

Cherche doesn't take damage because she has to kill her targets in 2 hits (Brave Axe). She is too slow to double anyone with this kit and can't equip a Breaker because of WoM. 

LnD usually helps to take more damage, but not in this case, also because she relies on Heavy Blade in her A-Slot to proc Galeforce. 

21 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@Zeo Nice, Matthew made short work if this. Perhaps you could make even a One Turn clear on this map. Have a good travel! 

@mcsilas @Zeo @NegativeExponents- @LordFrigid @DLNarshen @Poimagic@Infinite Dreams @tobuShogi

Next One Turn clear, Girls only this time, with special appearance of Hana.

Open terrain with melee opponents attached to each other, perfect for a One Turn clear. Berkut had to eat a DEF Ploy to get killed by Cherche and Cordelia needed an Hone ATK for the other Lance Cav. 

I never get sick of watching Galeforce and cleverly-used WoM in action.  It's so satisfying to watch, hehe.  :]  Thumbs up!

2 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I never get sick of watching Galeforce and cleverly-used WoM in action.  It's so satisfying to watch, hehe.  :]  Thumbs up!

Thanks! Good to know I'm not the only GF fan. 

Today a little break (I need to build Oscar first to solve Valters map), but Arvis is a sure thing tomorrow. I already did a One Turn clear on his first arrival, but didn't record videos then. 

@Zeo @mampfoid @Cute Chao @Rafiel's Aria @Vaximillian

So I tried something for fun. Berkut vs 'peasants' - Gray, Tobin, Donnel and Boey. And no I don't have Alm or Faye. Boey mentions poor family origins so that's good enough and makes it a bit Echoes-themed. Donnel because he's the poster boy for being a villager.

As for natures, Gray is +Def/-HP, Tobin is obviously neutral, Donnel is +Atk/-Spd and Boey is +Def/-Res.

To be honest, Boey has a bit of skill inheritance but that's what made him shine a lot here. It took a while to get the right moves but the clear uses enemy-phase baiting effectively as I see determine the edges of each enemy's range.

Tobin tanking Berkut to the face on a defense tile is pretty neat (although he did need extra HP). Donnel just having the right amount of HP at 4 star and with his native HP+5 is also nice.

Gray didn't really need Bonfire but I wanted to say a special quote.

Also TA made Boey a prime target for the red mage, which is why Gray had to distract the cavaliers in the north. Tobin managing to block the green mage's range to protect Boey was also nice. Oh and Boey didn't have the SP for Ignis so I'm not sure how things would have gone with a longer charge time, but it doesn't matter.

@mampfoid Nice to see Hana. I haven't seen her in ages, thanks to Ayra's existence. Also fliers really go well with GF because of that mobility- trees are no problem!

Music is Venator Ballare  from the King of Fighters XIV. Yes,  I used it again because it really fits a Berkut map and is really similar to his themes- but when I used it for Ursula I didn't know we' be getting Berkut so soon afterwards lol

Edited by mcsilas

@mampfoid I knew just from the layout of the map that this was going to be a cakewalk for you. The drop-in from Hana was neat though. She's somewhat rare to see now and the only Brave Sword infantry I have is Ogma (who I gave a Wo Dao+).

@mcsilas That got dicey near the end there. But impressive clearing even lunatic with 2 *4 units, let alone one with not a single A, B or C skill. That Tobin made me cringe. His bulk is impressive though. It's too bad he needs too much SI to even be decent and your best bet is throwing Axebreaker on him and letting him be a Hector/Amelia/Sheena killer. I don't know how much I approve of spending 20k feather to give a +Tome to a *4 unit, but it worked out for you here.

@Fei Mao Gerald actually had some of the best voice acting from Kingdom Under Fire, but there were 2 of them, The Crusaders and Heroes. I think the voice acting for the first game was top notch, it fell off a bit during the second game though, even Gerald himself. I could have sword we got the Blimp in KUF.... It's been too long though. Never played Advance Wars though. And yeah, I was waiting for that sequel for a while too, but maybe it was for the better.

@NegativeExponents- The interesting thing about that is that I reversed their positions for a test run after I beat it and in both scenarios Berkut pursues Ayra. Not sure why WTA is more important than a unit that flat out can't counter in this case, but it worked in my favor. And if it didn't, Ayra has swap lol.

@Zeo @mampfoid

Actually first clear was a bit different, and Donnel didn’t even do anything except give  Boey a Reciprocal Aid support. Also Boey had Bowbreaker and Tobin had Deflect Magic instead and didn’t need to battle Berkut but i decided to take off unnecessary skills for this video

i just liked this clear better because Donnel actually battled against the Prideful Prince.

This Boey is my first Boey and my dedicated BLyn counter which is why i gave him Raventome+ and TA3 and Bowbreaker. Didn’t feel the need to promote him yet since he works out fine for AA. Before he came along I didn’t have any good Gronnraven users so I feel it was worth it.

as for Tobin, at least he gets to shine in AA. Axebreaker is pretty cheap and he has nice bulk at least. He has more Res than Gray which is interesting. I also made a clear where Tobin shone more on my other account, replacing Gray at the top half of the map (since that account didn’t have Gray). 

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

This Boey is my first Boey and my dedicated BLyn counter which is why i gave him Raventome+ and TA3 and Bowbreaker. Didn’t feel the need to promote him yet since he works out fine for AA. Before he came along I didn’t have any good Gronnraven users so I feel it was worth it.

That's what I usually did with units I planned to merge at 4*. If you ever plan to promote a unit to 5*, I would start with the promotion and give only the simple version of the desired tome (Gronraven here). The decision is between +4 on ATK or +2 on all stats. Of course it's another thing if you had a spare 5* Cecilia anyway. 

Forgot to do these last week cause I was focused on a FGO event.  I did do this solo but forgot to post here I guess.

Water: Nowi, Fae, Young Tiki, Fjorm (Nowi just went forward and solo it)

Fire: Witch Nowi, Myrrh, Valter, Summer Corrin (Nowi repositions Myrrh to the lower right hand defense tile and Corrin moves down to offer Sealife buffs and she takes out Berkut.  Valter and Myrrh work together to beat the rest while the other two mostly hide)

Wind: Elise, Xander, Camus, Frederick (Frederick baits Berkut, then Camus rushes up to take out the red tome and Frederick takes the bow, and finally Xander takes the axe and green tome)

Earth: Sanaki, Oliver, Soren, L Ike (Ike baits Berkut at the top with Drive Def from Sanaki to barely live, Soren takes out Berkut, Oliver baits and kills the red mage, and Ike takes everything else with buffs from Sanaki).

Edited by Nowi's Husband