Grand Hero Battle: Berkut!

Vaximillian

23 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Kriemhild has def+5/res+5.  Additionally, it 'teaches' Phantasm which makes him take half damage against bows and black magic.  I'm not sure what 'teaches' means since I haven't played the game, but I think we can conclude that he will be a very defensive unit, as will his weapon.  If I had to guess, something like 'grants def+5/res+5 when attacked'

I think Ice_Dragon said it has DC as well.  I don't think they would make it have DC because he would be exactly like Camus but with different stats.  And Camus has amazing stats so he'd either be slightly one-up'd or have a different stat spread that would make him inferior to Camus in most scenarios (right now, we're in speed meta so a slow berkut probably wouldn't be good if his weapon just gives DC).  I highly doubt he would have DC and another ability built in.  Though it's possible that he will have DC as an A slot.

My guess would be his weapon will be based around defense and not have DC.  I could also see it damaging nearby foes by 7 like Leo's C slot (I forget what its called) because the wiki says it has 1-3rng so it's more than DC which is only 2rng.  Again, I haven't played the game, so I could be wrong on that.

"Teaching" Phantasm just means it adds the Phantasm skill to the user while they have it equipped. Like how in Heroes, a Ruby Sword essentially grants Triangle Adept 3 to its user.

I don't think either Berkut or his weapon will have DC. Either way, it'd make him too similar to Camus, and I really don't think they want such an easy source of DC available, even with a requirement of 20k feathers to inherit it from him. Roy and Zephiel have established that weapons being ranged in their own games doesn't have to mean they're ranged in Heroes, and Kriemhild being 1-3 range in FE2E is relatively comparable to 1-2 range by other games' standards because ranges tend to be bigger in FE2E.

Distant Defense would certainly fit the other half of the weapon's effect, but it'd be strange since the characters with Distant/Close Def so far have actually been able to counter at the range in question. If Berkut can't counter at range, it wouldn't make sense to let him get attacked at range often, so the skill would seem wasted. So it could just have some miscellaneous effect like half the ultimate weapons.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Omg omg omg omg omg berkut come to mama.

Hide contents

My Berkut fangirling stems from that oscar worthy voice performance. I explained it more else where.

Doesn't everyone's?! I look forward to hearing more of his voiced lines!

11 minutes ago, Logos said:

Screw this -> give me Vanguard Ike already.

What does Vanguard Ike have to do with this? Even if he gets released, there's no reason for it to be in a GHB. And we do know Ike is getting an alternate version in a couple months for CYL, anyway.

Just now, Othin said:

What does Vanguard Ike have to do with this? Even if he gets released, there's no reason for it to be in a GHB. And we do know Ike is getting an alternate version in a couple months for CYL, anyway.

Everything is about Vanguard Ike. Ike, Ike, Ike, and Ike!

Spoiler

Also you're right, Nintendo wouldn't profit from him being a GHB, sadly... 

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Hold the line, your opinion is very important to us!

If you don't care, then why bother quoting me, and telling me this?

I also don't hate Berkut, I am excited to add him to my collection, but I'm also just desperate for a certain timeless warrior.

2 minutes ago, Logos said:

If you don't care, then why bother quoting me, and telling me this?

I also don't hate Berkut, I am excited to add him to my collection, but I'm also just desperate for a certain timeless warrior.

Oh, I do care. I do care so much. There are fans, and there are fanatics. First three months were full of obnoxious raging Ike-demanders.
“Why does IS add such and such worthless characters from worthless games instead of the one and only character that matters?”

And now you try to reignite that storm? No thanks.

Me: *Finally promotes Alfonse to 5* * 

Man, that's all done and dusted. I have few feathers left, but that's another ticked off the-

*Learns Berkut is the next GHB*

Dang it >.< 

Time to get saving feathers again xD 

He's shot right to the top. I don't care how good he is as a unit. I always wanted to play him in Echoes. Sad they didn't do it even via DLC or a side story or something. Oh well ^.^ 

10 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

There is no Zeke!.. yet
Zeke, Sirius, and Speedo Camus when? All-Camus team beckons!

We have four Camus in this game already, off the top of my head:

-Camus

-Xander

-Eldigan

-Lloyd

Make that five if you count Spring Xander.

I don't know if Berkut will be good enough to run over Camus for my regular Arena team, but Distant Counter is assumed at this point so he'll at least be comparable. Distant Defense is interesting though I think he'll have Def / Res +2 like Roy and Julia's weapons rather than Def / Res +4.

2 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

I don't know if Berkut will be good enough to run over Camus for my regular Arena team, but Distant Counter is assumed at this point so he'll at least be comparable. Distant Defense is interesting though I think he'll have Def / Res +2 like Roy and Julia's weapons rather than Def / Res +4.

I don't think so.  I don't think IS would release a Camus clone, especially since Camus was released not too long ago.

2 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

We have four Camus in this game already, off the top of my head:

-Camus

-Xander

-Eldigan

-Lloyd

Make that five if you count Spring Xander.

I thought Reinhardt was a Camus as well. Didn't get far enough in his game though, so I could be wrong.

7 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I thought Reinhardt was a Camus as well. Didn't get far enough in his game though, so I could be wrong.

Oh yeah, Reinhardt is a Camus too. Six Camus in one game, can you believe it?

28 minutes ago, Lushen said:

I don't think so.  I don't think IS would release a Camus clone, especially since Camus was released not too long ago.

Is Ike a Ryoma clone?

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Oh yeah, Reinhardt is a Camus too. Six Camus in one game, can you believe it?

The moment they add a green Camus, I'll be running an all Camus team!

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Is Ike a Ryoma clone?

After SI, pretty much.

7 minutes ago, Rinco said:

With the other GHB, how many days earlier than the release we got to know the skillset of the hero?

I think it is usually the day before it comes out.

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Is Ike a Ryoma clone?

No Ike came before Ryoma. It would have to be the other way around.

Jk. And no, Ike is trying to be good in 4 different stats where as Ryoma is in 3.

Edited by Logos

2 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

The moment they add a green Camus, I'll be running an all Camus team!

After SI, pretty much.

Our resident Camus running an all-Camus team. Make it happen!

Could Linus count?

2 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

After SI, pretty much.

Spd >>>> Atk.

1 minute ago, Logos said:

Not in this game, no.

4 minutes ago, Logos said:

Jk. And no, Ike is trying to be good in 4 different stats where as Ryoma is in 3.

Ike devours everyone while Ryoma devours many. (in their games, not FEH)

Ike comes with better skills IMO, but Ryoma has better stats.

Besides, Ike and Ryoma are focus units, its ok if they repeat b/c most people don't have Ike AND Ryoma.  On the other hand, freebie units should not clone one another.

Edited by Lushen

1 minute ago, Lushen said:

Ike devours everyone while Ryoma devours many.

True, but at least Ryoma is slightly better on the offensive than Ike is.

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

Our resident Camus running an all-Camus team. Make it happen!

Could Linus count?

I was wondering who could be a green Camus, but yeah, Linus works. A green cav would of course work better, but I'll take what I can get.

I hope he comes out soon.

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

Spd >>>> Atk.

They're not entirely the same, but I think they could run the same sets with similar results. Ike's not an exact clone, but they're both well rounded sword users with the same legenday weapon (literaly only the name is different).

9 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

They're not entirely the same, but I think they could run the same sets with similar results. Ike's not an exact clone, but they're both well rounded sword users with the same legendary weapon (literally only the name is different).

Their Atk stats are comparable already, but Ryoma has a huge Spd lead that compensates for his bulk. They're both pretty good though.

21 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Ike devours everyone while Ryoma devours many. (in their games, not FEH)

Ike comes with better skills IMO, but Ryoma has better stats.

Besides, Ike and Ryoma are focus units, its ok if they repeat b/c most people don't have Ike AND Ryoma.  On the other hand, freebie units should not clone one another.

Wait are they in a banner together? 

I'm not complaining, since I don't have EITHER of them. 

36 minutes ago, Rinco said:

With the other GHB, how many days earlier than the release we got to know the skillset of the hero?

Whenever they get added in an update and datamined from it.