Grand Hero Battle: Berkut!

Vaximillian

6 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Water boost I'm still a little unsure about since earth boost wasn't very useful and this will probably be even less so.

Spoiler

My concern is he doesn't have any ridiculously high stats.  The boost skills require you to have 3 or more of something for them to activate.  Well, Berkut's stats don't seem to suggest this will happen often.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Lushen said:
  Hide contents

My concern is he doesn't have any ridiculously high stats.  The boost skills require you to have 3 or more of something for them to activate.  Well, Berkut's stats don't seem to suggest this will happen often.

Spoiler

The boost skills all require 3 HP over your opponent. Berkut's HP is 40, which is kind of bad for an Element Boost skill, but most mages don't have very much HP to begin with, so it balanced out a bit.

3 minutes ago, Lushen said:
  Hide contents

Yeah, 40 HP isn't really high enough for a boost skill. It's better than mages but he can't retaliate against them so he shouldn't be fighting them in the first place. And the dragons he can counterattack all have higher HP

Might just give him Atk +3 until I can think of something better.

Edited by Korath88

4 minutes ago, Lushen said:
  Hide contents

It's HP that needs to be higher for the boost skills and he's got a good amount of it plus good Defense and Resistance.

Edited by Sentinel07

2 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

It's HP that needs to be higher for the boost skills and he's got a good amount of it plus good Defense.

40 is not high.  If you need 3 more HP, then roughly only half the units in the game will trigger it.  I guess the good news is most magic damage dealers don't have a lot of HP (I think)

Edited by Lushen

1 minute ago, Kiran said:

Sigh. That means water boost isn't going to work on dragons. 

Yeah, they really should have given him higher hp. With his lance and water boost, he could have made for a defensive dragon killer.

I guess as it is, his lance and water boost will protect him against mages retaliating? Most of the time I'd rather just kill them immediately though...

3 minutes ago, Sayyyaka said:

Egotistic asshole turns out mediocre. I'm satisfied.

"I am the greatest blue cavalier to ever grace your pitiful lives! Bow down to me in honour!"

"Yeah, sorry, we're kinda worshipping Camus, Reinhardt, Ursula... Peri..."

"You... You... YOU'LL REGRET THIS!"

Water boost kinda sucks. It won't work on dragons and it also won't work on bulkier mages like Robin or Merric. Even Tharja and Celica are above the threshold. Linde can overcome it with a +3 hp seal. Reinhardt isn't affected either. Nino gives no damns about that extra res...I'm now a sad potato

Edited by Kiran

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

An updated hacking brought us “true” stats of 5⋆ Berkut:

Hide contents

MAovsmC.png

QR build it is then. I honestly prefer this stat spread since 27 spd would have been a really awkward speed tier

8 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Well....that's a bummer. Another unimaginative name. First Legion's Axe, Clarisse's Bow, and now this? Boring.

Wonder if maybe the reason why he doesn't have "that" weapon is because he got it as a result of what he did in the last chapter.

Edit: Good news, he's still got Ian Sinclair as his VA so I can look forward to more beautiful voice acting.

I'm guessing spoilers for that and omg yes his voice actor is back. 

I kinda wish he wasn't a blue unit since I've already got Camus. But it doesn't hurt to have two and I was looking for making a new weapon triangle team. Berkut is cooler than Cordelia imo. But I was wanting a green cavalier unit for my cavalier team instead of Cecilia. Oh well, I'm just happy Berkut will be in this game. I wonder what his 5 star lance will be, I hope it's a Prf weapon.

So he's Lukas on a horse with a bit more res and a bit less defense?

Not sure you can be Lukas with a bit less defense.  He is good because he has a ridiculous amount.

43HP is better, but he should have like 47-50 if he's going to use waterboost.  HP +3 seal is a must if you want to run this guy with waterboost.

Edited by Lushen

28 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

What the heck am I supposed to do with +4 Res?

This is a BLAZING disappointment....

Wrong game.  Eliwood is a "Blazing" disappointment.

Res when attacked on a unit with middling Res and no distant counter is an odd design choice.  I guess it's good for taking out Tiki?