Artist's Challange: Yamada Kotaro

I thought the Hoshidan family map was the hardest. Vantage Takumi... ugh. I somehow managed to OHKO him with S. Camilla's Bonfire

The last map was easy for me though :P Zephiel just got kited away and Catria weakened him a lot before he got killed by the magic users

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I thought the Hoshidan family map was the hardest. Vantage Takumi... ugh. I somehow managed to OHKO him with S. Camilla's Bonfire

I had to put the Spur Def seal onto Xander so that Takumi and Sakura don’t dispose of Reinhardt. Then it went smoothly.

Wait you were waiting for someone else to start to? Damnit, I had the new topic page pulled up and everything.

Anyways, the only difficulty I had was panicking when I saw skill inheritance units combined with the usual BS stats they give units when they need difficulty. Otherwise, I was able to steamroll everything.

I thought that map 4 would have been the hardest since I'm always wary when I see Takumi or archers involved, but it was map 1 that was the hardest for me while map 4 was like map 5.

Couldn't figure out how to position everyone for map 1, so I gave up and slapped 5* Xander on a defense tile with bride Lyn to heal him -- could have used Lissa or a 4* Wrys if I had trained him -- and Ursula with Blarblade+ and R Tomebreaker to deal with Lilina. Olivia was there for attack buffs -- first failure using Xander, I noticed he was off by a couple of points from taking out Cecilia in one shot which lead to Nino flying in to kill Lyn who I placed under Xander -- and dancer stuff. Xander basically did everything.

Map 2 I tried using 4* Narcian to deal with Subaki since being a flyer meant he'd have more freedom to move around and had Gordin to help, but it took longer than I wanted for Narcian while Gordin would have gotten himself counter killed because enemy Subaki's defense is that damn high while having Distant Counter, apparently spring Camilla had Gronnraven+ alongside T-Adept, and enemy Narcian had Iote's Shield. Whoops. Ended up switching Narcian for +Atk, -Res 4* Arthur and Gordin for 3* +1 neutral Sophia. 4* neutral Laslow and 4* +Atk, -Res Subaki stayed. Arthur was able to 2RKO Subaki and Sophia dealt with spring Camilla much more easily than Laslow could have done. Somehow, I was able to get Palla and Narcian in this weird situation where I think my Subaki would have died against Narcian even though he was on a defense tile -- the leftmost one. Taking out Palla with Sophia and Subaki meant Narcian would be able to get to Subaki, but fortunately, I had Laslow near Subaki. So, I just had Sophia stand to the left of Subaki to chip Palla, Subaki finishes her off, and Laslow moves to stand in front of Subaki. Sophia tanks Narcian's hits and Laslow ORKOs him.

Map 3 was basically figure out how to kill Reinhardt with a +Res, -Atk 5* Titania without getting her killed by young Tiki and Mar-Mar. Leo got hard countered by Ursula. Did it with Camus and summer F!Robin who was supposed to be there to Reposition Titania out, but for whatever reason, young Tiki decided not to follow Reinhardt and Reposition him when he attacked Titania on the defense tiles and my team was on the opposite end of the map at that point. Well, made it easy since usually, Reinhardt would attack and Tiki would Reposition him out. Since she didn't do that, Titania could KO him and summer F!Robin could Reposition her out so she wouldn't have been in range. After that, Tiki and Marth were dealt with by Camus, summer F!Robin, and Ursula.

Lukas tanked everything for map 4. The only units who could do damage to Lukas on a defense tile were Sakura and Takumi at very low health who even then, did less damage than Sakura because Vengeance only works for one hit. Default +Def 5* Lukas is only 1 to 2 points off from no-selling Takumi and Hinoka, respectively, without needing to be on a defense tile. Arthur was supposed to be there for Hinoka who hilariously did more damage to him while he was standing behind Lukas with Blazing Wind than she did to Lukas, but he was also there to deal with Sakura along with Genny and Olivia's help. Arthur had to hit Sakura twice for Genny to finish her off. Also, Obstruct worked in keeping the others from getting targeted by Takumi except for Arthur who had to take some damage since I wanted Hinoka out as fast as possible. The last 3 to 4 turns was having Takumi attack Lukas on the defense tile below the defense tile tree, Lukas moving up to attack Takumi on a regular tile, Takumi attacks him again, Lukas moving back to get Takumi back on the regular tile and to get attack buffs from Olivia, and repeat. Kind of dumb, but it worked.

Map 5 was weird when I realized that Zephiel had Pivot and Wings of Mercy. It was like "Whoa! Why's he's teleporting? Oh, right." Arthur for Ephraim and Shanna, Subaki for Lyn, and Linde for Zephiel with Olivia for dancer stuff. Pretty simple. Still curious why he gave Zephiel Fury and Wings of Mercy. I can understand why Zephiel doesn't have Distant Counter like perhaps he got Roy and Subaki before Zephiel, so he used his spare Hectors on them, but Wings of Mercy seems a bit weird for the slowest knight in the game who would probably want to keep Wary Fighter instead or inherit Quick Riposte.

Edited by Kaden

This was easy for me using outfitted versions of Ephraim, Nino, Ryoma, and Azama. I did have to change strats for the Elibe Magic Girls, using Olivia and Kagero instead of Nino and Azama, but otherwise everything went smoothly.

I guess I got extremely lucky with my main comp, since it mostly counters all of the enemy comps in this challenge. The Hoshidian Royals gave some trouble because WoM Hinoka, but I was able to work around that with some clever positioning.

11 minutes ago, lilacshadows said:

UGHHH I ONLY HAVE A 4* LUKAS SO I CAN'T BEAT TRIAL 4

guess it's time to go train Hector

There are probably other ways which people like ItchyBackside, Mkv, nstyler, etc. on YouTube and here can figure out.

4* Lukas with =Def would have 40 defense total defense with his default kit; 36 neutral defense and +4 defense from Fortress Def 2. He'll need to be on a defense tile at all times to not take damage from Ryoma, Takumi, and especially Hinoka who has Swift Sparrow 2 and 48 total attack which brings her attack to 52 the exact effective defense Lukas would have while on a defense tile. 40 defense boosted by 30% on a defense tile gives him 52 defense. -Def 4* Lukas on a defense tile will take 4 damage per hit from Hinoka.

I'm not sure how much damage he'll take from Hinoka and low HP Takumi activating their specials, but the quest requires that you bring a colorless unit and Lukas does have Sacred Cowl. With Lukas's Obstruct, he can make it safe in certain areas for someone to stand next to him, so, a healer might not need to be positioned out after healing him. The only problems are lower damage output from Lukas unless he has Ignis or Bonfire, but since Lukas tends to get doubled anyway and he takes little damage from physical units, Ignis is better for that massive burst of damage and Sakura.

Lukas's resistance is low and Sakura has 37 speed making it difficult for most units to double her. A =Res Lukas would take 13x2 if he's not on a defense tile and without Sacred Cowl. If he does have it, then 13 + 10 damage. On a defense tile 11x2 or 11 + 8 with Sacred Cowl. Thankfully, Lukas doesn't take damage from anyone else and none of the Hoshido siblings were given Seal Def or Res or Threaten Def or Res. Sakura doesn't have Pain either which would be really problematic.

The good thing about using Lukas or any tanky blue is that they won't have weapon triangle disadvantage against any of the enemy units. Lukas also comes with Fortress Def making it even easier to tank them. Hector, Xander, etc. would need defense buffs if you want them to take on everyone for some reason, but you have 3 other units, so... Seriously, though, a 5* Xander with Quick Riposte and either Bonfire or Ignis sitting on defense tile and having received Fortify and if you have it, Ward Cavalry would be able to tank and counter kill Hinoka.

19 minutes ago, Kaden said:

There are probably other ways which people like ItchyBackside, Mkv, nstyler, etc. on YouTube and here can figure out.

4* Lukas with =Def would have 40 defense total defense with his default kit; 36 neutral defense and +4 defense from Fortress Def 2. He'll need to be on a defense tile at all times to not take damage from Ryoma, Takumi, and especially Hinoka who has Swift Sparrow 2 and 48 total attack which brings her attack to 52 the exact effective defense Lukas would have while on a defense tile. 40 defense boosted by 30% on a defense tile gives him 52 defense. -Def 4* Lukas on a defense tile will take 4 damage per hit from Hinoka.

I'm not sure how much damage he'll take from Hinoka and low HP Takumi activating their specials, but the quest requires that you bring a colorless unit and Lukas does have Sacred Cowl. With Lukas's Obstruct, he can make it safe in certain areas for someone to stand next to him, so, a healer might not need to be positioned out after healing him. The only problems are lower damage output from Lukas unless he has Ignis or Bonfire, but since Lukas tends to get doubled anyway and he takes little damage from physical units, Ignis is better for that massive burst of damage and Sakura.

Lukas's resistance is low and Sakura has 37 speed making it difficult for most units to double her. A =Res Lukas would take 13x2 if he's not on a defense tile and without Sacred Cowl. If he does have it, then 13 + 10 damage. On a defense tile 11x2 or 11 + 8 with Sacred Cowl. Thankfully, Lukas doesn't take damage from anyone else and none of the Hoshido siblings were given Seal Def or Res or Threaten Def or Res. Sakura doesn't have Pain either which would be really problematic.

The good thing about using Lukas or any tanky blue is that they won't have weapon triangle disadvantage against any of the enemy units. Lukas also comes with Fortress Def making it even easier to tank them. Hector, Xander, etc. would need defense buffs if you want them to take on everyone for some reason, but you have 3 other units, so... Seriously, though, a 5* Xander with Quick Riposte and either Bonfire or Ignis sitting on defense tile and having received Fortify and if you have it, Ward Cavalry would be able to tank and counter kill Hinoka.

I tried with my default team of Julia, Xander, Reinhardt, and Olivia. My biggest problem is the Takumi, who always goes for Olivia. Maybe I'll try with Effie or Nowi this time.

It was pretty easy set of maps. I used Horse Emblem Team of Xander, Reinhardt, Cecilia and Clarine.

Reinhardt consumed everything after the boost. Cecilia cleaned up and pulled Reinhardt from danger. Clarine healed when necessary. Xander sat looking gorgeous as usual.

That Tsubaki surprised me as I'm building my own Tsubaki as a pet project.

I was determined not to use any of my maxed units for these. Turns out I didn't have to. Even without Reinhardt, Xander, several of my green mages and my dancers, I was able to complete most of these first time with no deaths. My only death was when I didn't check to see if Masked!Lucina could be killed by Palla (she could-.-), so I had to rerun that map with a little bit more care. Nice, fun little break from TT ^.^

1 hour ago, lilacshadows said:

I tried with my default team of Julia, Xander, Reinhardt, and Olivia. My biggest problem is the Takumi, who always goes for Olivia. Maybe I'll try with Effie or Nowi this time.

I found Cecilia very useful on that map, although mine has TA3 and still needed buffs to one round him (Bow Breaker would have been useful). Other raven tome users could probably also help out a lot (be careful or Hinoka though, I believe she had WoM).

I tried these, they're not possible for me to beat for some reason. My units get wrecked to hell every time. Kozaki's units weren't that much trouble, but these... I don't know what's up with them.

Don't understand how anyone else wins. Guess I don't get these free orbs either. Why do so many things in this game have to be too hard for me?

1 hour ago, saisymbolic said:

It was pretty easy set of maps. I used Horse Emblem Team of Xander, Reinhardt, Cecilia and Clarine.

Reinhardt consumed everything after the boost. Cecilia cleaned up and pulled Reinhardt from danger. Clarine healed when necessary. Xander sat looking gorgeous as usual.

That Tsubaki surprised me as I'm building my own Tsubaki as a pet project.

Lol Xander. 

Yeah Ikr? I was building a Subaki as well O_O...

1 hour ago, lilacshadows said:

Yeah, Takumi is always a pain. :p

My plan was to have everyone focus their attention on Lukas who wouldn't take any damage from them except Sakura. I think by turn 2 or 3, I was able to take out Sakura, then Ryoma, Hinoka, and Takumi. Obstruct helped, but I think it might have been possible without it.

As Bartozio said, if you have a -raven tome using mage, you could try to bait Takumi with them. It would be much easier if they had T-Adept 3, but T-Adept 2 could work. Any of the colors could work, but it might be safest with green since they would have weapon triangle advantage against Hinoka meaning Hinoka dropping in won't do as much damage, especially with T-Adept 2 or 3 -- Cecilia still does have low defense and even with T-Adept, she shouldn't be taking hits from Hinoka in general. If they were red and couldn't take out Takumi in one round and left him with under half HP and nobody's blocking the way, they're probably going to die. Blue might survive, but it'll depend on how high their defense and/or speed is. For example, M!Robin will never survive against Hinoka unless he's a 5* and has at least a +4 to defense while standing on a defense tile or is 4* that is +Def and has at least +6 defense while standing on a defense tile. M!Robin would also need Bowbreaker since with only T-Adept, he's going to leave Takumi barely alive, the magic words for Wings of Mercy.

4 hours ago, BANRYU said:

Free orbs is nice. 

I know right?

Distant Counter Subaki was a nice touch though.

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I tried these, they're not possible for me to beat for some reason. My units get wrecked to hell every time. Kozaki's units weren't that much trouble, but these... I don't know what's up with them.

A lot of these units have Triangle Adept, which inflates both the damage they can do as well as the damage you can do. Just pack a ranged unit for each color, lure them off the defense tiles, and go ham.

The "hardest" one is probably the bridge with Marth / Reinhardt / Leo / Tiki-Young but Nino can delete Reinhardt Turn 1 EP and from there a triple dance on Reinhardt deals with everything else.

7 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

A lot of these units have Triangle Adept, which inflates both the damage they can do as well as the damage you can do. Just pack a ranged unit for each color, lure them off the defense tiles, and go ham.

The "hardest" one is probably the bridge with Marth / Reinhardt / Leo / Tiki-Young but Nino can delete Reinhardt Turn 1 EP and from there a triple dance on Reinhardt deals with everything else.

I do bring ranged units in. Doesn't make a difference. Also, you can't triple dance anyone if you have Nino and Reinhardt on a team. That leaves you with room for only two dancers, not three.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I do bring ranged units in. Doesn't make a difference. Also, you can't triple dance anyone if you have Nino and Reinhardt on a team. That leaves you with room for only two dancers, not three.

Reinhardt / Nino / Dancer / Dancer gives Reinhardt three actions in one turn, so triple dance is a bit of a misnomer. Regardless, you get the idea.

What teams are you using for these maps? I beat them all with Distant Counter Red / Reinhardt / Dancer / X. You have all of those things to my knowledge.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Reinhardt / Nino / Dancer / Dancer gives Reinhardt three actions in one turn, so triple dance is a bit of a misnomer. Regardless, you get the idea.

What teams are you using for these maps? I beat them all with Distant Counter Red / Reinhardt / Dancer / X. You have all of those things to my knowledge.

I tried a team that's exactly that. Ryoma = Distant Counter red, Reinhardt, Ninian = Dancer, and my fourth unit was Marth, I believe.

Managed to beat all the maps on the first try.  I used my Horse Emblem Team of Ursula/TItania/Xander with Elise or Camus rounding it out, depending on the Quest requirements and/or type match ups.  My Titania's 40 Res lets her tank pretty much every magic attack.

That was pretty easy, I had to do the first map twice because I was half-asleep and used a training team instead of a good one lol.

All the maps were cleared with my basic team of Ike, Hector, Nowi, B! Lyn. The main surprise was the Flier Emblem Subaki with DC in the bridges map, it was pretty annoying to reposition correctly while they had free movement around the map but that was about it.

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Don't understand how anyone else wins. Guess I don't get these free orbs either. Why do so many things in this game have to be too hard for me?

I'm honestly exceedingly interested in seeing your lineup of characters. Xander and a healer can literally beat the first trial by themselves.