Artist's Challange: Yamada Kotaro

I'm starting this because I waited almost an hour for someone else to make it, and no one did. 

------

Reserved for strategies

------

Okay, to the bias. 

I found it super easy in comparison to the last one. Thoughts?

Spoiler

I annihilated part 5 on lunatic first try, which is odd for me.

Used Abel, Julia Narcian and Reinhardt. Reinhardt has moonbow, everyone else has no skill inheritance

Edited by TheTuckingFypo

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dragons demolished everything except Challenge 4 because there is no colorless dragon.

Spring Camilla (+6) and Minerva (+8) basically duoed Challenge 4 (yes, even Ryoma) with Elise to heal off the Fury recoil and Ninian to dance.

The maps are a lot more lenient this time, and the fortification tiles help quite a bit.

Well that was easy doing all of them with my usual team.

I thought it was neat he made a Distant Counter Roy. They actually felt easier than the last artist maps, and those didn't even have SI'd units.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

... Why does your phone know "Yamasaki" of all things?

No idea. I didn't even notice it til' you pointed it out.

though I think that I might've pressed 's' instead of 'd' in Yamada.  

Oh! Maybe Yamasaki cooking pots! I was looking up stuff related to bento boxes last month. 

Typo made a Fypo. Not a big surprise here. XD 

Edited by TheTuckingFypo

Cleared the challenges with one Stamina potion- about 6 stamina left after the Tempest runs and Arena, so that's about 105 stamina. Used a lot of Linde, Klein and Olivia, with Nino, Ryoma, Hector and Effie making appearances when needed.

I think the orbs I gained replaced those I spent on Hone Attack burning some bad luck. I probably should be annoyed.

Cleared out the Kotaro quests.

Trial 1: Xander, Alfonse, Olivia, Reinhardt

Trial 2: Xander, Anna, Olivia, Reinhardt

Trial 3: Xander, Anna, Olivia, Reinhardt

Trial 4: Xander, Bride Cordelia, Olivia, Reinhardt

Trial 5: Xander, Anna, Olivia, Reinhardt

Overall the quests are pretty easy. Dat Distant Counter Subaki though in Trial 2.

Tharja, Azura, Hector, Priscilla. Did all of them perfect first try except one that I screwed up the first time and got on my 2nd try (#3 hard I think it was). Didn't have much trouble.

14 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Trial 2: Xander, Anna, Olivia, Reinhardt

Overall the quests are pretty easy. Dat Distant Counter Subaki though in Trial 2.

Omg. Him. That's the only map I have yet to beat. Because of him...

to the strategy board!

Just now, TheTuckingFypo said:

Omg. Him. That's the only map I have yet to beat. Because of him...

to the strategy board!

You pretty much need to bring a green unit and get Subaki off of the defense tiles. Preferably an axe unit like Anna so that Subaki would be baited, provided that nobody else is in Subaki's range.

1 minute ago, Roflolxp54 said:

You pretty much need to bring a green unit and get Subaki off of the defense tiles. Preferably an axe unit like Anna so that Subaki would be baited, provided that nobody else is in Subaki's range.

lol Frederick took him like a champ. My problem was that all my green units couldn't tank him (except Freddy).

worked like a charm.

His Distant Counter was a surprise and I noticed it when I checked damage with Tharja (sometimes she can kill Subaki in TT). Didn't save him from Bride Cordelia's arrows though.

Cleared all maps. I used a team of Ike, Camus, Elise and Cecilia for all of them, apart from map 4 where I switched Ike out for Olivia (she needed the hone attack to one-shot Takumi).

The last map was somewhat annoying, as Camus couldn't really damage Zephiel to much on a defensive tile. Thank god the guy had fury...

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I totally didn't notice anyone having Distant Counter. I suppose that's what happens when my strategy is to let them walk into me and die instead of the other way around.

I'm just saddened SUBAKI apparently has it, but not Zephiel on the final map.

They know Reinhardt is a pain, but they stuck an armoured red on a map with two reds begging for a magical blue to smack them in the face, and didn't give him Distant Counter to make them think twice? (Granted, Reinhardt and Linde wouldn't have been bothered, since I don't think he had Wary Fighter, but...)

10 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

The last map was somewhat annoying, as Camus couldn't really damage Zephiel to much on a defensive tile. Thank god the guy had fury...

The last map was hilarious to me: Camus baited Shanna bringing her under 50% HP; Zephiel flies in… and lands a tile away, letting Reinhardt freely zap him.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

The last map was hilarious to me: Camus baited Shanna bringing her under 50% HP; Zephiel flies in… and lands a tile away, letting Reinhardt freely zap him.

I did almost the same thing, apart from not having Reinhardt...

What followed was a series of Elise hitting him for 2x1 damage and getting Repositioned to safety until his HP was finaly low enough for Camus to finish him. I probably shouldn't have been so stuborn and just brought Reinhardt as well.

Currently halfway through.  Roy/Subaki with Distant Counter didn't really mean much, because they ran into the wrong color, and were obliterated.  Gotta love TA/jewel weapons~!

I only did the first and the fifth because it's Tuesday and I want to get orbs fast.

The thing is, BB+ +Spd Bridelia murders the maps I played, in both difficulties, and I have yet to finish grinding her SP for MoonBow/Desperation 3/Slot C skill yet to choose.

When your enemy dies right away, Wings of Mercy is a non-issue XD

Edited by ShadowYoshi

Every one is pretty easy.

Xander with healer cheeses trial 1.

Falchion + mages cheese trial 3.

Lukas cheeses Trial 4.

Breakers cheese trial 5.

Trial 2 was a bit tricky, but a bit of positioning was all that was really needed.

I actually spent the most time on trial 4 trying to figure out what team would work until I remembered Lukas + defense tile = lol.

I then proceeded to demolish the map in about 4 turns.

Beat them all first try with all quests. The first and fourth maps gave me the most trouble but the others were solved almost on sight. My first thought when I saw Trial 5 was Lukas's "They never learn." Sure enough, he and Michalis cleaned up.