New banners announced: Alm's Army/Celica's Army

Korath88

New units:

Mathilda, Gray, Delthea

Leon, Saber, Sonya

Datamine material:

Spoiler

I'm probably going to roll on the deliverance banner since I really need a 5* blue mage, and I wouldn't mind Mathilda either.

Update: all 3 focus units on Alm's army banner have been obtained with just 37 orbs. Guess dreams really do come true

Edited by Korath88

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Gray, Delthea, and Sonia are on my list of wants. Gray for his personality, Delthea for her smug sillyness and being Filia from Skullgirls voiced by Christine Marie Cabanos, and Sonya for her dark look yet not bad personality and her backstory.

2 anti-cavalry weapons. It's almost like IS is paying attention to the meta. Not that anti-cavalry melee weapons do much good vs mounted mages...

Sonya appears to have a good skill set, now if only she'd have good stats...

Was expecting we'd see more SoV characters soon.

That being said, I'm still saving my orbs for the inevitable CYL Lyn and for Sacred Stones characters... whevener those are released.

AHH GOOD, SONYA. Yes good. Almost as good as getting Luthier (and yeah I know expecting him is unrealistic RIP). 

EDIT: Oh somehow I missed Mathilda being in there before actually watching the video lol...

I like how 2/3 of these units are folks I made mockup builds for in the Custom Unit thread hah. And hey, Ridersbane looks like a legit anti-cav tool. I am pleased. 

EDIT AGAIN: Also, was kinda half-right in my prediction that Delthea might have Aura, hah. (My guess was Delthea could have Aura and Luthier might have Excalibur shrug) Damn though whether it's Luthier or Sonya I wasn't far off, hah!

Edited by BANRYU

Really want Delthea and Sonya, Mathilda would be great too, and Gray looks to have Sword SP boost skill like the summer units so I need him too.

I have 13 orbs left right now besides the higher TT rewards and the upcoming paralogues with the banners. Please send help. And I need to secure summer Tiki first too, since she's limited.

Delthea and Mathilda? You freaking spoil me, IS. Guess I'll have a grand ole time pulling nothing but blue on Alm's Army. I would seriously love for Delthea to be my first 5* blue mage and Mathilda is amazing in her own right as well. Maybe I'll even find Cordelia along the way...

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I have 13 orbs left right now besides the higher TT rewards and the upcoming paralogues with the banners. Please send help. And I need to secure summer Tiki first too, since she's limited.

It's a single story chapter that's accompanying these banners, not two paralogues.

So... we just get a straight up better Killer Bow and Killing Edge?

I know the Killer weapons were a bit underwhelming, but wouldn't it have been easier to just give them a few extra might instead of making an entirely new weapon?

Also, Dark Aura and Dark Excalibur are probably going to be unique, right? Seeing as they don't have a + on their names. Which kinda sucks because they both seem like good weapons.

1 minute ago, Fruity Insanity said:

So... we just get a straight up better Killer Bow and Killing Edge?

I know the Killer weapons were a bit underwhelming, but wouldn't it have been easier to just give them a few extra might instead of making an entirely new weapon?

Also, Dark Aura and Dark Excalibur are probably going to be unique, right? Seeing as they don't have a + on their names. Which kinda sucks because they both seem like good weapons.

I... hope that's not the case about the slayers?? I would have also preferred a buff to Killers instead of adding something downright better but with worse availability.... ouch... Not sure if they'll be as good as Brave Bow or Wo Dao either way, though...

and yeah, the Dark versions of the leg tomes look to be unique, sounds about right. 

1 minute ago, Sentinel07 said:

Yeah, I did. Wonder if he might be a future GHB if he's not being put in the gacha.

That's my thoughts as well.

Going off how good they all are in Echoes there's not a bad unit in this bunch unless they really fucked up their stats for Heroes for some reason.

I think it's funny how knowingly anti-meta the devs seem to have made them too. Counters to horses and TA. Wonder if they expected the meta from the start or crafted these new effects in response to the state of the game now.

4 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

That's my thoughts as well.

Going off how good they all are in Echoes there's not a bad unit in this bunch unless they really fucked up their stats for Heroes for some reason.

I think it's funny how knowingly anti-meta the devs seem to have made them too. Counters to horses and TA. Wonder if they expected the meta from the start or crafted these new effects in response to the state of the game now.

They gave you Free Gunter, and 90.000 god tier horse 

They definitely knew. Same with Olivia

Yes, they finally put in Sonya!

Hopefully her stats are up to par, her skillset as mentioned before looks pretty solid, but it's not going to matter if her stats don't synergize well with them nor can function within the meta.

Dark Excalibur is a tome wo dao. Amusing.

They should have called the horseslaying sword longsword as per FE7 and FE9-10.

Mathilda has a TA-reversing skill?

Cancel Affinity 3
Any weapon triangle affinity granted by unit’s skills is negated. If affinity disadvantage exists, weapon triangle affinity granted by foe’s skills is reversed.

Can somebody please explain how this works?

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Dark Excalibur is a tome wo dao. Amusing.

They should have called the horseslaying sword longsword as per FE7 and FE9-10.

Mathilda has a TA-reversing skill?

Hide contents

Cancel Affinity 3
Any weapon triangle affinity granted by unit’s skills is negated. If affinity disadvantage exists, weapon triangle affinity granted by foe’s skills is reversed.

Can somebody please explain how this works?

Any weapon triangle affinity granted by unit’s skills is negated.

-TA is negated

If affinity disadvantage exists, weapon triangle affinity granted by foe’s skills is reversed.

- If opponent wta and TA on you, reverse the TA into Neutral

Nice! A very odd group really, but I'm okay with this.

But, why'd they make better Killers? It's kind of lame.

Grani's shield will finally have more uses with Ridersbane and Zanbato.

So with Gray and Tobin as swordies, will Kliff and Atlas be too? That would be really disappointing...

9 minutes ago, JSND said:

-TA is negated

If affinity disadvantage exists, weapon triangle affinity granted by foe’s skills is reversed.

Huh... that's really specific. It counters one skill in the game. I guess I could see that being put on archers to kill TA Raven tomes.

Edited by NekoKnight

29 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

I... hope that's not the case about the slayers?? I would have also preferred a buff to Killers instead of adding something downright better but with worse availability.... ouch... Not sure if they'll be as good as Brave Bow or Wo Dao either way, though...

and yeah, the Dark versions of the leg tomes look to be unique, sounds about right. 

M-maybe they'll slowly phase out the weak Killer WeaWpons? Please do something, IS, instead of making it look like blatant power creep.

Weird how they put the Wo Dao effect on a legendary tome, but I suppose I can't complain - it is a good effect. And the fact that Dark Aura only gives buffs to melees is a nice nod to the -blade tomes (or I supposed ranged units in general) being able to abuse the buff more.

8 minutes ago, JSND said:

-TA is negated

I believe the gem weapons advantage would be negated, as well, since weapons are also technically skills.

;A; Thank goodness the swimsuit banner isn't the only thing we're getting all month. I'm super stoked for this! ...it's just a question of who I want to pull for. I definitely want Leon and his sass (even though I really don't need archers, but c'mon...he's beautiful plus the weapon looks nice). Sonya looks really interesting. I like her tome a lot. (And again, it's not like I need green mages...but...you know...) Delthea looks like she's going to be pretty good at handing out buffs. But it'll be a bit trickier to get her.