New banners announced: Alm's Army/Celica's Army

Korath88

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!
  2. Boobs.
  3. Saber is voiced by Koyasu, a.k.a. Dio Brando and like literally everyone. Holy shit.
  4. Delthea is adorbs.
  5. Slaying+ weapons. Woo. They're stronger than Wo Dao+. Woo.
  6. Fuck Cancel Affinity.
  7. The fuck is Clive doing?
  8. Fuck. My wallet. Ugh.

Still convinced Japanese voices are better.

Cancel Affinity looks annoying. As best as I can read:

• Your own Triangle Adept and gem weapons have their effects negated entirely.
  • If you are at weapon triangle advantage, your opponent's Triangle Adept and gem weapons are in full effect.
  • If you are at weapon triangle disadvantage, your opponent's Triangle Adept and gem weapons have their effects reversed.

That's annoying as all fuck.

5 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Huh... that's really specific. It counters one skill in the game. I guess I could see that being put on archers to kill TA Raven tomes.

Triangle Adept cannot be taught to colorless units. I have a sneaking suspicion Cancel Affinity might behave the same because colorless units are "not supposed to be affected by the weapon triangle".

Edited by Ice Dragon

I'm unavailable angry at the fact they just made out of nothing personal weapons for Delthea and Sonya, and characters like Lilina and Soren got just simple generic stuf....

Hell, they are just using the animations of Aura and Excalibur, that just feels lazy... like they wanted to make them special to sell more but didn't bother to put effort in it.... Also the straight power creep that the Slaying weapons are over the Killing ones leaves a bad taste on my mouth.

Oh, well. I shouldn't go spreading negativity I guess, the characters do look good. Hope Saber has good stats, he is one of my favorites from Echoes.

10 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Huh... that's really specific. It counters out one skill in the game. I guess I could see that being put on archers to kill TA Raven tomes.

Looking at the wording Raven interaction is unique though

But regarding Triangle Adept, yes its stupidly specific. To give an idea based on my intrepetation

Mathilda vs TA Gunter 

Normal - Mathilda gets 0.4 WTD penalty

CA3 - the wtd from ta is reversed. Notmal wtd is 1.2. Enchanced is 1.4 which is 0.2 increase. Reverse this to 0.2 decrease and you get Neutral 1.0

Mathilda vs TA Xander

Normal - Mathilda get 0.4 wta bonus

CA3 - the wta from TA is negated, Mathilda now get 0.2 wta bonus

The skill is basically saying "if you use TA fuck you, greedy fucker. If you WTD and have TA, then im the greedy fucker and its as if nothing happened. TA is the devil"

Raven need some time to decipher lol

Edited by JSND

Delthea was one of my favorite characters in SoV so she's top on my list of wants. Plus her weapon would go nicely on a team with a bladetome. I'd also like gray just for swordvalor. The others I'm less interested in.

2 minutes ago, Mehdi2277 said:

Plus her weapon would go nicely on a team with a bladetome.

Nop, her weapon grant boost to melee units. Not mage.

Edited by Ledrert

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:
  1. Triangle Adept cannot be taught to colorless units. I have a sneaking suspicion Cancel Affinity might behave the same because colorless units are "not supposed to be affected by the weapon triangle".

You might be right, but I wish CA would work on colorless units.

1 minute ago, Purikaman said:

Hell, they are just using the animations of Aura and Excalibur, that just feels lazy... like they wanted to make them special to sell more but didn't bother to put effort in it....

In Japanese, the weapons are named "Echoes Aura" and "Echoes Excalibur". As best as I can tell, they're kind of supposed to have the same animation.

The most annoying thing about Cancel Affinity is it's basically a giant middle finger to defensive teams. You're no longer able to rely on Triangle Adept to tank specific threats, namely Triangle Adept greens to tank Reinhardt and Triangle Adept blue dragons to tank Falchion.

Which is dumb.

I can see every smart person with some money in their pocket putting Cancel Affinity on their defense team Reinhardt. Because, you know, Reinhardt needed to be stronger. Fuck this shit.

Just now, Ledrert said:

Nop, her weapons grant boost to melee units. Not mage.

I should read more carefully. Looking at it again I guess it can be a better hone attack given that I mostly use dragons (although really what I want is hone dragons eventually).

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

In Japanese, the weapons are named "Echoes Aura" and "Echoes Excalibur". As best as I can tell, they're kind of supposed to have the same animation.

Aura definitely looks exactly the same in Echoes, but Excalibur in Echoes looks more like Rexcalibur in Heroes. So they were gonna reuse animations anyway lmao.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The most annoying thing about Cancel Affinity is it's basically a giant middle finger to defensive teams. You're no longer able to rely on Triangle Adept to tank specific threats, namely Triangle Adept greens to tank Reinhardt and Triangle Adept blue dragons to tank Falchion.

Which is dumb.

I can see every smart person with some money in their pocket putting Cancel Affinity on their defense team Reinhardt. Because, you know, Reinhardt needed to be stronger. Fuck this shit.

Rare footage of Ice Dragon being actually angry holy shit

Yeah i agree. TA is one of the best budget skill in the game since its so strong but it had its risk. Idk why IS felt the need to nerf it

2 minutes ago, JSND said:

Yeah i agree. TA is one of the best budget skill in the game since its so strong but it had its risk. Idk why IS felt the need to nerf it

He spent a fortune on that TA Dragon team...

8 minutes ago, JSND said:

Now I want a picture of Ninian going "Disgusting" so Ice Dragon can update his avatar.

Few questions for my spreadsheet:

Do we know Delthea's colour?
Are Sonya and Delthea's weapons inheritable?

As for my reaction: I'm definitely gunning for an Alm unit. Less sure on a Celica one- I'm meh on Leon and Saber, and Sonya is... nice, I guess.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

Few questions for my spreadsheet:

As for my reaction: I'm definitely gunning for an Alm unit. Less sure on a Celica one- I'm meh on Leon and Saber, and Sonya is... nice, I guess.

Delthea is Blue. Sonya is Green.

Their weapons don't have + icons so they're not inheritable.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Delthea is Blue, you can see her icon in the trailer.

Sonya and Delthea's weapons don't have +s and have 14 Might, so no, most likely.

Where the fuck is Kliff lol

New Echoes banner, huh? I suppose I'll try pulling on this one now in that case. Although I don't know if I really want anyone in particular. Also, why did they have to make Gray a sword user? Don't we have enough already? They should've just given his sword to Tobin and made Gray something else besides yet another sword.

2 minutes ago, JSND said:

Really, the more I think about it, the more annoyed I am. Negating the effect of Triangle Adept would have been fine, but reversing its effect when you're at a disadvantage is retarded as hell. I don't know which idiot thought it was a good idea, but I will let it be known that I think whoever designed this skill is a fucking fool.

As far as I can tell, the only way to stop Cancel Affinity Reinhardt now is to kill him on player phase or to wall with a high-Res green unit that isn't running Triangle Adept or an Emerald Axe. Which basically means Julia or Fae or Sheena.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

More annoyed about the Reinhardt business than anything else, really. Everyone knows Reinhardt needs a buff.

I'm glad I'm out of the cesspool that is sub-738 Arena, but this literally cannot be good for the meta if it does what it says it does.

4 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Now I want a picture of Ninian going "Disgusting" so Ice Dragon can update his avatar.

I should draw one. This deserves it.

9 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It's almost like it's a bad idea to invest money into a service that relies on abrupt power creep to stay afloat.

Just now, Sunwoo said:

New Echoes banner, huh? I suppose I'll try pulling on this one now in that case. Although I don't know if I really want anyone in particular. Also, why did they have to make Gray a sword user? Don't we have enough already? They should've just given his sword to Tobin and made Gray something else besides yet another sword.

Sword makes a lot more sense for Gray since that is pretty much his canon promotion path. What they did with Tobin was just dumb.

You know, stuff like this makes me glad that I don't follow the meta or rely on one skill.

Personally, I never use Triangle Adept. The downside is too risky for my kind of strategy. I'm not that reliant on Horse Emblem buffs either as I generally use a mix of units.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

In Ram Village. I have to agree that Tobin was poorly handled, I don't know what was the Heroes team thinking.

2 minutes ago, Iridium said:

It's almost like it's a bad idea to invest money into a service that relies on abrupt power creep to stay afloat.

That's why I stopped playing card games.

Edited by L9999

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Really? I knew where to find Sonya's, but not Delthea's.

It's right next to her name when she's attacking.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Really, the more I think about it, the more annoyed I am. Negating the effect of Triangle Adept would have been fine, but reversing its effect when you're at a disadvantage is retarded as hell. I don't know which idiot thought it was a good idea, but I will let it be known that I think whoever designed this skill is a fucking fool.

As far as I can tell, the only way to stop Cancel Affinity Reinhardt now is to kill him on player phase or to wall with a high-Res green unit that isn't running Triangle Adept or an Emerald Axe. Which basically means Julia or Fae or Sheena.

More annoyed about the Reinhardt business than anything else, really. Everyone knows Reinhardt needs a buff.

I'm glad I'm out of the cesspool that is sub-738 Arena, but this literally cannot be good for the meta if it does what it says it does.

I should draw one. This deserves it.

Maybe it's not as good as we think it is. People thought Ragnarok was better than it is when the trailer came out.

And you need to get to the Sharena x Celica ones first meng...

1 minute ago, Iridium said:

It's almost like he can do whatever he wants with his own money, regardless of the consequences.