New banners announced: Alm's Army/Celica's Army

Korath88

Too bad Arcanite isn't here to see this :(

But I'll be happy for them, as I was told by Lord Takumi to take their place! Apparently Delthea is supposed to be really good! I think I'll pull for her for Arcanite. It'll go really well for their tome team!

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of those units I want Delthea the most. Chances are I'll be spooked by a Mathilda or get visited by many Oboros if my E-Rank luck in gacha is any indication. I'd like to pull a Saber to give his weapon to one of my Tobins and get Gray too but I can wait for Gray. 

11 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy promised me an Azura. Hope he holds his promises!

Arcanite told me that Soy milk isn't supposed to be trusted.

They said to avoid him like Nohrian scum! Even so, I have about 33 orbs saved up which were supposed to go to the inevitable Magvel banner, but Delthea is just way too good to pass up!

See this? This is why you save your orbs. Ok... so.. evaluation. Also Alm's trailer theme >>>>>>>> Celica's trailer theme.

Alm's Army

Matilda: B-Skill is a meta changer, but I don't see myself personally using it. She's a little cool, but ultimately uninterested. I'll take her though, my *5 cav lance count is currently 0.

Gray: MUST. HAVE. He looks awesome, his sword looks awesome, his B skill is fantastic and good synergy with a 14 MT sword AND he has an SP grinding skill? new main sword unit.

Delthea: My kingdom for a blue mage. She's pretty nice. She may not have nuclear firepower depending on her stats, but considering she gives potentially +9 attack to any unit near her in combat makes her a must. Since I only have a -ATK B!Caeda, this is the next best thing to Reinhardt or Linde.

Celica's Army

Leon: No thanks. I already have the best archers in the game. I'd even prefer a Klein or Matthew for other purposes. His bow is a nice improvement over the killer one, but I don't see it replacing Brave Bow for the best builds.

Saber: Most appealing of the batch. His sword is bonkers and I love how unique his build is.

Sonia: Green Mage Athena/Karel basicaly. It's just a shame that she's not a red mage. I'm not really hurting on greens with Soren or Nino. Her unique skills are quite something though. It's also too bad her tome is a prf.

Of the units that will be demoted, if it's only one it'll likely be Gray and either Saber or Leon. The mages will be *5 because WHY NOT MAKE ALL MAGES *5 EXCLUSIVE RIGHT?!

All in all I'll probably be pulling primarily from Alm's banner. Gray's skills are great and Delthea fills a role that may as well be empty in my army currently. Saber would be great to have but it's not worth dumping orbs for 2 potential units that I don't care about or need, respectively. Problem is the summer banner is still a thing... this is why they poured orbs into the players accounts with all these events. I really want those valor skills from Summer Robin and Tiki... crap I'm going to have to go back and forth between banners for summoning. Hoping for Delthea and Gray above all though.

I understand the concept of power creep and I know it may be the principle for most people, but it's really not a big deal making a superior version of a weapon that literally no one uses for any build. No one uses Killing Edge or Killer Bow (or Axe while we're at it). A bigger argument can be made for Killer Lance but this doesn't really seem like the type of game where they "buff" and "nerf". Just add more things and you gamble for them since that's the nature of the beast. If changing properties were a thing I'd be complaining and asking why Matthew and Tobin are so bad.

That being said, where are the killer daggers?

Edited by Zeo

9 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

Arcanite told me that Soy milk isn't supposed to be trusted.

But Arcanite is a treacherous mechanism not to be trusted themselves. Keep that in mind.

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

But Arcanite is a treacherous mechanism not to be trusted themselves. Keep that in mind.

You've never met Arcanite personally, so I guess I understand how you'd feel this way! They aren't bad at all, and are MUCH better than Soy beans!

"Dark Excalibur"?

"Dark Aura"?

Like is this with English Awakening and "bonds" again?

共鳴オーラ

共鳴エクスカリバー

Literally "Echo Aura" and "Echo Excalibur".

I want both the mages.

Running out of free orbs though.

At the same time, I can wait until 4 star versions of them show up.

Summer banner is seasonal exclusive.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Not interested in these in the slightest. Not that I didn't like SoV or anything (I did), but the game is getting far too much attention at this point, imo. It's had more banners now than any other game in the series! Including Awakening and Fates! And it just had a Tempest Trial and Bound Battle get themed after it. And all this milking of the game is not making me want to go back and play it again. I'm bored of it and tired of seeing it everywhere. I got tired of them doing the same with FE7 months before. I wish IS would stop doing that with their games and do more varied banners.

Meanwhile Tellius is waiting for more, and poor Magvel is waiting for more than just its lords. I'm tired of seeing them shafted. Magvel has gotten the biggest shaft of all. It hasn't seen new characters since Ephraim and Eirika were added in the second new banner of the game. SoV didn't need new banners again so soon after Alm's and Celica's.

But now I see why I've started putting the game down for long periods of time.

Edited by Anacybele

Urg... The mage looks great but what a shame they are not red - I'm in need of someone to replace my Eirika. And doesn't look like their tomes are inheritable either.

I love Mathilda in Echoes so may try to snipe her but at the same time she has no place in my team. What to do...

I like the anti-horse weapons and the "dark" weapons, but the slayer weapons are weird. I guess it's an understandable upgrade, and power creep is to be expected, but it hadn't been quite that blatant before. I also really don't like how that's Leon's only new skill, while all the other characters get both a new weapon and at least one new passive.

I think I'll pull blue from Alm's banner, since I'm still a bit short on blue 5*s so a majority-blue banner is exactly what I need right now. Now a huge fan of Grey, and I have plenty of red 5*s, with two more on the way.

Clive's presence is odd. It's the sort of thing we'd expect from an upcoming GHB unit, but we know the next GHB will be Berkut, and having the third lance cavalry GHB right after him would be really strange, especially with Clive not being the sort of character expected for a GHB in the first place. If there was the possibility of an FE2E TT coming in the near future, I'd say he might be the prize for it, but we're already getting an FE2E TT right now with Tobin as the prize.

It's cool to see the set of "Atk/X" Blow skills completed, although it's odd how their names are so different: Swift Sparrow, Sturdy Blow, and Mirror Strike, compared to all the single-stat ones being just "Blow". Are they more consistent in Japanese?

Eh...maybe I should start playing Echoes. But gosh is the focus on Echoes recently. None of the skills look too interesting. I might pull depending on the stats. Otherwise I'm waiting till the last day of the banner to see if the next batch is better. 

SABER!!!!!

Ahem... I mean... yeah, banner looks fine. Might pull. A little. xD

I'm definitely going for Saber and Leon, if only for their voices xD I adore those two in their main game, so am happy to see them here. Wish they'd all been put on one banner, personally. I don't like these new three banner things...

Oh well. I'm partly tempted to try for Mathilda, too, especially since Clive was in the video and I would love to have both of them (they are my favourite FE couple. Just too cute together). I think I'll see how my luck holds with getting Saber and Leon, and if I get them quickly, I might try for Mathilda and Gray, too. 

Sonya... Eh, she looks quite pretty. I just am not sure about trying to pull for her right now. 

Got no interest in Delthea whatsoever. If I pull her, I'll use her, but eh. I much prefer her brother. 

Edited by Cute Chao

30 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Not interested in these in the slightest. Not that I didn't like SoV or anything (I did), but the game is getting far too much attention at this point, imo. It's had more banners now than any other game in the series! Including Awakening and Fates! And it just had a Tempest Trial and Bound Battle get themed after it. And all this milking of the game is not making me want to go back and play it again. I'm bored of it and tired of seeing it everywhere. I got tired of them doing the same with FE7 months before. I wish IS would stop doing that with their games and do more varied banners.

Meanwhile Tellius is waiting for more, and poor Magvel is waiting for more than just its lords. I'm tired of seeing them shafted. Magvel has gotten the biggest shaft of all. It hasn't seen new characters since Ephraim and Eirika were added in the second new banner of the game. SoV didn't need new banners again so soon after Alm's and Celica's.

Even if they've had more game specific banners, SoV doesn't have the highest amount of characters. Fates has 33, Awakening 27, Shadow Dragon 25  Blazing Sword 18 S and SoV will have 16 after these banners drop. SoV has less than half that of Fates, and as far as the other event pandering goes, it really should have happened a long time ago to go alongside the release of Echoes. You were pretty ecstatic about Awakening getting the Summer banner despite them having the 2nd highest amount of characters and having a TT devoted to it.

Edited by NekoKnight

2 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Even if they've had more game specific banners, SoV doesn't have the highest amount of characters. Fates has 33, Awakening 27, Shadow Dragon 25  Blazing Sword 18 SoV will have 16 after these banners drop. SoV has less than half that of Fates, and as far as the other event pandering goes, it really should have happened a long time ago to go alongside the release of Echoes. You were pretty ecstatic about Awakening getting the Summer banner despite them having the 2nd highest amount of characters and having a TT devoted to it.

SoV doesn't have the lowest amount of characters either. Did you read what I said about Magvel? Magvel and Tellius have fewer characters than anyone else, even Jugdral, I believe.

And that was a seasonal banner, which is different. It didn't add any new characters, and Awakening actually never had a banner all to itself. Plus it has Frederick, you know...

Edited by Anacybele

28 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Frankly, this is likely going to be the last push for SoV at this point. We know the CYL banner is soon, there'll likely be something for the 6-month point since release besides that and we don't know what it'll be, but it's unlikely that'll be all about SoV.

(And yeah, as someone without Echoes, I'd like a look at other parts of the series too.)

No Kliff :(

And Sonya is green, there is good bye change to get her since my luck with greens is not good

Not sure if trying or not with this banner, need to think it

Just now, Dayni said:

Frankly, this is likely going to be the last push for SoV at this point. We know the CYL banner is soon, there'll likely be something for the 6-month point since release besides that and we don't know what it'll be, but it's unlikely that'll be all about SoV.

(And yeah, as someone without Echoes, I'd like a look at other parts of the series too.)

I hope so. I've been waiting for more Tellius, Magvel, and CYL. Sorta Jugdral and Elibe too, for Sigurd, Sain, and Fiora.

Just now, Anacybele said:

SoV doesn't have the lowest amount of characters either. Did you read what I said about Magvel? Magvel and Tellius have fewer characters than anyone else, even Jugdral, I believe.

Speaking of Tellius, Sanaki is still the only RD rep in Heroes at the moment. As for other continents...

Jugdral: Seliph, Julia, Lachesis, Eldigan

Thracia: Reinhardt, Olwen

Magvel: Eirika, Ephraim

Just now, Lord-Zero said:

Speaking of Tellius, Sanaki is still the only RD rep in Heroes at the moment. As for other continents...

Jugdral: Seliph, Julia, Lachesis, Eldigan

Thracia: Reinhardt, Olwen

Magvel: Eirika, Ephraim

I kind of group Thracia and Jugdral together since they're part of the same world, but yeah.

RD is Tellius, so I just say Tellius for both games. :P But you're technically right.

I group Tellius together, since the majority of characters are the same - same with Shadow Dragon and New Mystery. I do count Echoes, Thracia and both set in Elibe as separate, though, since there's not much crossover between characters in the game.

That being said, Heroes was missing my favourite character from Echoes and now it isn't. While I would also love to see Magvel representation, I'm really happy they've done this. Plus, Echoes should have got more of a fanfare being released - like I hope the new FE will. I'm wondering if they're doing this because it's coming up to the summer holidays, but then I don't know how holiday systems work in other countries, so could be completely off. If it is... great time to entice people to buy a new game lol 

6 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Well, I keep them separate due to them being from different time periods. I'll probably do the same when characters like Sigurd and Arvis get added. 

Thracia begins between Gen 1 and Gen 2 of FE4, and ends in the middle of Gen 2. They aren't really different time periods, especially since multiple characters are playable in both games.

You know I kinda like the banner set-up despite how simultaneously evil it kinda is. Two sides to choose from, but only so many orbs to use. As long as it's done sparingly I wouldn't mind seeing it done for stuff like: Sacae vs. Ilia, Ike's Army vs. Michaiah's Army, or Seliph's Army vs. Sigurd's Army just to get an idea. Still, while I'm starting to get some SoV fatigue it is nice to see some more characters as opposed to... costumes again.