New banners announced: Alm's Army/Celica's Army

Korath88

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

That is, it's more like Landorus-T to Dragonite, S vs. C, rather than S vs. B.

This is also ignoring exactly how many pokemon aren't even ranked in OU's viability rankings, because they simply aren't viable.

Funny enough iirc last someone does the calcs, OU actually covers around 30% of pokemon in the game if your not being idiotic and argued Bulbasaur is outclassed in every way by Ivysaur(which people actually do) and around the same numbers for VGC

I wondered if this game have around the same proportion

Edited by JSND

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Just out of curiosity, can staff users get CA as well or is it another one of those skills Staff users are locked out of?

No CA for tomes and staves.

Sonya's stats look quite good. We need more blue mage tank :rolleyes: That speed is a bit a bummer though. 

Do we have Leon's stats somewhere? Gamepress has 138 total but it can't be right?

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

My Tiki'll just walk in with her 37 Spd and 42 Def and be like "'Sup!"

*insert Takumi with 60 attack and 42 speed here*

Note to self: Give M!Robin Bowbreaker.

Even though Cancel Affinity can't be inherited by mages, I'm still feeling wary about giving anyone a gem weapon or T-Adept now. The fact it just exists makes me reconsider a ton of builds.

T-Adept was supposed to be there for Robin or any -raven tome mage to counter archers since I still struggle with them, especially if their stats are boosted to the level of lunatic trials -- biggest offenders being Gordin and Klein -- since just a -raven tome sometimes isn't enough to give them the advantage. Well, what if an archer shows up with it? Faye, Gordin, Jeorge, Klein, and Rebecca can't because they have B-skills, but Niles, Takumi, and random or manually modified archers can.

Or T-Adept and G Tomebreaker for Sophia to deal with green mages more easily, but the chance of facing axe units with it would be pretty crappy for Sophia.

Ruby Sword was the sword I decided for Selena except now she can end up facing axe units who'll have that and she'll be stuck dealing neutral damage which isn't that great since it's Selena, the tank not the hard hitter. So, it's back to the drawing board again. Likewise, axe-slaying Henry with T-Adept and Axebreaker for shits and giggles doesn't seem great if he could face an axe with Cancel Adept.

The ever looming fear... Cancel Adept.

Edited by Kaden

Pulled two Mathilda's, one of which looks to be -HP/+ATK when comparing their stats. >:) Oh goddess of victory, thank you for your blessing. Also waiting for the IV calc on wiki to update so I can see Delthea and Gray's attributes. Pretty sure Delthea is +SPD/-DEF and no idea on Gray.

Wow, Sonya is sort of like Camilla in terms of character, especially in her interactions with Kiran.

And here's one of Saber's text lines (pulled from here - yes, the text and voice lines for the new characters, including Berkut and Clive, are up):

Psst. Hey... Got any tips on where a fella can go for a good time? Slip me the info, will ya?

Sounds like he'd get along with Soleil from FE Fates.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

My Delthea has the following stats:

16/23/9/3/7

Does anyone know what she is?

+SPD/-ATK. The opposite of mine. I wonder which one of us is worse off. Probably me. 33 ATK isn't bad and you're doubling quite a bit at 37 SPD. On the other hand 39 is nice but you're never doubling at 31 and getting doubled half the time. 

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

+SPD/-ATK. The opposite of mine. I wonder which one of us is worse off. Probably me. 33 ATK isn't bad and you're doubling quite a bit at 37 SPD. On the other hand 39 is nice but you're never doubling at 31 and getting doubled half the time. 

Lol, my Faye is also +spd/-atk. Not ideal, but Delthea's attack seems to be high enough so that she won't care too much. I guess -atk is fine as long as it comes with +spd and doesn't make the character unusable.

6 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

I am saddened...turns out she's +DEF/-ATK :(

At least Mathilda didn't disappoint me. And Gray was -ATK/+RES

So your Delthea and Gray are contrarians?

Just wanted a single Delthea, and got two Mathildas and one Gray instead.... ugh. I'm glad I'll never touch Gacha again, but this can be really frustrating sometimes.

Since I'm still too stupid to figure out how Cancel Adept exactly works, I'll ask directly. What is the Dis-/Advantage of a Takumi with CA3 shooting a M!Robin with and without TA3, what is the Dis-/Advantage of a Poison Dagger Kagero with CA3 shooting a M!Robin with and without TA3? I know I'm dumb, but that wording is so weird for me, also I have two Mathildas, so why not put them to good use and sacrifice them? Her prowess is trash in Heroes compared to her shining example in SoV.

Edited by MonkeyCheez3K

I got Delthea! Took about 80 orbs, which was more than I'd been hoping to have to spend to get some blue 5*, but less than the average for getting Delthea, so it evens out.

Looking at the enemy stats, it seems the skills the characters have more ready access to are:

• Delthea: Drive Atk (rather than Death Blow)
  • Sonya: Mirror Strike (rather than Res Ploy)
  • Mathilda: Hone Atk (rather than Cancel Affinity)
  • Gray: Sword Valor (rather than Wind Boost)

So if any of those characters show up at 4*, those are the skills they'll probably be able to get at top-level. Unfortunately, Leon and Saber don't seem to have clear info on Normal, but maybe on higher difficulty levels. Clive's passives work different due to him having Hit and Run, but he has Def +2 when other characters only have level 2 in their primary passives, so it seems like he'll get Def +3 at 4*, as expected for characters with movement B skills. However he'll be released. His skill set is way more boring than new banner characters and even new GHB characters, but it's right on par with Tobin's.

Also lmao @ Reinhardt. Good to see that all that fuss was for nothing, or at least not much. 

1 hour ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Just wanted a single Delthea, and got two Mathildas and one Gray instead.... ugh. I'm glad I'll never touch Gacha again, but this can be really frustrating sometimes.

Since I'm still too stupid to figure out how Cancel Adept exactly works, I'll ask directly. What is the Dis-/Advantage of a Takumi with CA3 shooting a M!Robin with and without TA3, what is the Dis-/Advantage of a Poison Dagger Kagero with CA3 shooting a M!Robin with and without TA3? I know I'm dumb, but that wording is so weird for me, also I have two Mathildas, so why not put them to good use and sacrifice them? Her prowess is trash in Heroes compared to her shining example in SoV.

(CA3) Takumi vs regular Raven m!Robin: Takumi gets x0.8 Atk, m!Robin gets x1.2 Atk

CA3 Takumi vs TA3 Raven m!Robin: Takumi gets x1 Atk, m!Robin gets x1 Atk

(CA3) PD Kagero vs regular Raven m!Robin: Kagero gets x1.2 Atk, m!Robin gets x1.2 Atk

CA3 PD Kagero vs TA3 Raven m!Robin: Kagero gets x1.5 Atk, m!Robin gets x1 Atk

Parentheses are there to highlight that in the cases where m!Robin doesn't have TA, the results are the same whether or not Takumi/Kagero have CA.

Edited by Othin

9 minutes ago, Othin said:

(CA3) Takumi vs regular Raven m!Robin: Takumi gets x0.8 Atk, m!Robin gets x1.2 Atk

CA3 Takumi vs TA3 Raven m!Robin: Takumi gets x1 Atk, m!Robin gets x1 Atk

(CA3) PD Kagero vs regular Raven m!Robin: Kagero gets x1.2 Atk, m!Robin gets x1.2 Atk

CA3 PD Kagero vs TA3 Raven m!Robin: Kagero gets x1.5 Atk, m!Robin gets x1 Atk

Parentheses are there to highlight that in the cases where m!Robin doesn't have TA, the results are the same whether or not Takumi/Kagero have CA.

Much obliged, now I'm starting to get a grasp on what counts and what does not. Also, gratz on your Delthea; I am a bit jelly, won't deny that.

I did not see this coming. Why the heck is Kilff the only villager not in this :( He's my favorite. I may try for Leon after his tier comes out, he's got a decent set of skills. I still can't wait for Berkut though. Dang though, they're going all out with FE Echoes stuff. I hope the next Tempest Trials goes this crazy, I'd love it if it was Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn.

Got Sonya. She is +Def/-SPD lol. But, I am not even angry as for measly 40 orbs I got also Brave axe+, Vantage3 and Reneval3. My Titania, Hector and "Marth" are pretty happy now.

And Sonya legs are still nice anyway...

Edited by Tenzen12