New banners announced: Alm's Army/Celica's Army

Korath88

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

As far as I can tell, the only way to stop Cancel Affinity Reinhardt now is to kill him on player phase or to wall with a high-Res green unit that isn't running Triangle Adept or an Emerald Axe. Which basically means Julia or Fae or Sheena.

Is my Fury Nino still safe?

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Sword makes a lot more sense for Gray since that is pretty much his canon promotion path. What they did with Tobin was just dumb.

Oh, I know that Gray's canon promotion is mercenary. But they also made Faye an archer, which isn't even a promotion option for her, so I'm okay with the villagers' canon paths being thrown out the window in Heroes.

22 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

In Japanese, the weapons are named "Echoes Aura" and "Echoes Excalibur". As best as I can tell, they're kind of supposed to have the same animation.

I see.... well, I suppose that kind of justifice the reuse of animations.... Still, I see no reason to make them unique weapons tho, not like those 2 are the only ones that can learn those spells.

@Ice Dragon the reversal only happen when you are at disadvantage against enemy TA and only applies to skill based Adv isnt it

The way i see it is it make 1.4 into 1.0.... which is still fucking retarded but not as dumb as it could have been

@phineas81707 lets use an example

Pavis is 3 CD

SP is like QP so make that 1

If you take damage during their activation you take 5 less damage in addition to the reduction

The real question is now if its applied before or after the initial mitigation

Say...

Hector took 20 damage

Pavis make that 10

Theres 2 scenario with GP.

First is he took 5 damage because 10-5

Second he took 7 damage because 20-5 = 15/2 = 7.5 RD

Edited by JSND

1 minute ago, Purikaman said:

I see.... well, I suppose that kind of justifice the reuse of animations.... Still, I see no reason to make them unique weapons tho, not like those 2 are the only ones that can learn those spells.

I suppose they are iconic enough for them, since they used those spells as bosses.

18 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

He spent a fortune on that TA Dragon team...

Side note since it seems like people like to comment on it, I didn't actually spend that much making it. Ninian was the only character I actually focus pulled for (well, Tiki, too, but that gave me 21 copies of Lucina and only 7 of Tiki). Everything else just fell into my lap pulling for other things.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Maybe it's not as good as we think it is. People thought Ragnarok was better than it is when the trailer came out.

Assuming it does what it says on the tin, the only thing preventing it from being that good is its availability. Reinhardt has the nice property that he doesn't really need a B skill to function, and suddenly there's now a B skill that helps him break through some of the best walls against him.

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

And you need to get to the Sharena x Celica ones first meng...

This one now takes priority.

9 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Is my Fury Nino still safe?

As safe as she was before, at least.

6 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Also, what does Shield Pulse do, exactly? I couldn't quite understand it.

At the beginning of the first turn, if your special skill is any of the defensive special skills (e.g. Escutcheon), its cooldown is decreased by 2 points.

6 minutes ago, JSND said:

@Ice Dragon the reversal only happen when you are at disadvantage against enemy TA and only applies to skill based Adv isnt it

The way i see it is it make 1.4 into 1.0.... which is still fucking retarded but not as dumb as it could have been

1× enemy attack instead of 0.6× enemy attack is a death sentence. Nobody uses blue or colorless units as primary Reinhardt tanks, and there's a good reason why. They roll over and die. Cancel Affinity turns any Triangle Adept green unit into the equivalent of a blue or colorless unit when facing Reinhardt, i.e. dead.

EDIT: Fuck, no one posted between this post and my last one.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

At the beginning of the first turn, if your special skill is any of the defensive special skills (e.g. Escutcheon), its cooldown is decreased by 2 points.

Oh, it's defensive Quickened Pulse... except no one uses the defensive specials, and the B slot is more valuable than that...

Not something I'd be grateful grinding the Tempest for.

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

More annoyed about the Reinhardt business than anything else, really. Everyone knows Reinhardt needs a buff.

Saber's new passive helps! It makes Aegis 1 CD (0 if you add Quickend Pulse) and reduce the damage by an additionnal 5.

1 minute ago, JSND said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Ragnarok is what it is and lets be real that thing is broken as fuck

Fuck Bladetomes. Ragnarok is basically what if Blade tomes requires zero buff whatsoever

Yeah but people thought the 5 damage recoil doesn't happen if Celica is just baiting lol.

Just now, Clogon said:

Saber's new passive helps! It makes Aegis 1 CD (0 if you add Quickend Pulse) and reduce the damage by an additionnal 5.

Too bad Reinhardt hits twice! And Moonbows you dead! And you can't teach Aegis to ranged units! Yay!

God this sucks.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Yeah but people thought the 5 damage recoil doesn't happen if Celica is just baiting lol.

Well, those people were clearly wrong from the get-go since attacking and initiating an attack are two very different things.

1 minute ago, JSND said:

Baiting is one of the reason why Ragnarok is so dumb lol

Why, you mean when combined with Distant Def?

@Ice Dragon The English trailer had very unclear wording for Ragnarok's effect, and it's quite unclear for Triangle Affinity too. The JP trailer for Ragnarok made it clear, but I wasn't fully sure what they were saying about Cancel Affinity in Japanese too.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

2 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

All this Cancel Affinity talk reminds me I've never pulled a Roy nor had a character with TA3.

Same. All I have to show is one 4* Cordelia.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Too bad Reinhardt hits twice! And Moonbows you dead! And you can't teach Aegis to ranged units! Yay!

At 1 CD Aegis, it will reduce the Moonbow hit. With this, melee greens with DC will be able to survive and kill Reinhardt on counter. But yeah, it is very specific and hard to pull DC. :(

Edited by Clogon

Anyway, my ratings of the skills:

Mathilda: Useful. Ridersbane is good for countering red horses- you know, the high defence ones?- but Cancel Affinity for anti-Triangle fun and Hone Attack give her some pretty good skills. Rally Resistance, on the other hand...

Gray: Handy. Swap and Wind Boost make for some not bad skills, and Sword Valor is good for training the plethora of sword units available. Like Mathilda, the Ridersbane isn''t that good at anti-cavalry, mostly because green horses are either Cecilia or rare.

Delthea: Useful. Bad special and uninheritable weapon, but a Goad Attack and Death Blow? You need Attack, you use the glass cannon here.

Sonya: Handy. Moonbow is always a plus, Mirror Strike has its perks, and Resistance Ploy makes mages better equipped to fight other mages. With the ridiculous power of Blade tomes, that's more common than in the main games.

Leon: Handy. Ignis and Guard are nice skills, and the Slaying Bow makes him a better Niles, but this is probably the least interesting skillset in the 5* locked pool after Karel. Probably going to drop.

Saber: Handy. The Slaying Edge works to make Fir completely outclassed as a pull (and Saber will always be pullable at 5*, in contrast to her and Lon'qu). Shield Pulse will take a while to settle, but if it makes bounds, Saber could see some use. HP/Speed also looks nice.

Spoiler

...Yeah, I feel mechanically justified in pulling Alm.

17 minutes ago, JSND said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Ragnarok is what it is and lets be real that thing is broken as fuck

Fuck Bladetomes. Ragnarok is basically what if Blade tomes requires zero buff whatsoever

A single Hone Cav is +18 damage, +6 speed. Ragnarok doesn't even come close to the strength of -blade. A theoretical cavalry unit with Ragnarok would have: +5 speed, -11 Atk. In no universe is it worth it to trade 11 atk and one special charge cd for 5 speed.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

The English trailer had very unclear wording for Ragnarok's effect, and it's quite unclear for Triangle Affinity too. The JP trailer for Ragnarok made it clear, but I wasn't fully sure what they were saying about Cancel Affinity in Japanese too.

自分のスキルによる3すくみ激化を無効化
相性不利の時、敵スキルによる3すくみ激化を反転

"Weapon triangle intensification effects due to your own skills have no effect. When at disadvantage, weapon triangle intensification effects due to the opponent's skills are reversed."

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

“Just use Hector!”

Basically.

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

A single Hone Cav is +18 damage, +6 speed. Ragnarok doesn't even come close to the strength of -blade. A theoretical cavalry unit with Ragnarok would have: +5 speed, -11 Atk. In no universe is it worth it to trade 11 atk and one special charge cd for 5 speed.

I'd have phrased that as "11 atk for 5 speed and one special charge" (because Ragnarok charges more frequenty), but the sentiment doesn't change.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

自分のスキルによる3すくみ激化を無効化
相性不利の時、敵スキルによる3すくみ激化を反転

"Weapon triangle intensification effects due to your own skills have no effect. When at disadvantage, weapon triangle intensification effects due to the opponent's skills are reversed."

I know now, after JSND explained it and I read it again.

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Celica isn't a cavalry unit so comparing Ragnarok to cavalry Litrblade is not a relevant comparison.