Rate the video game song above

Nobody

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never going to play SJ Redux since I got the original version a little too late. Am I missing anything with this piece? Well I can't say it is bad, and it doesn't clash with the original soundtrack. It has a good start, if I felt the moment (as in played the game and heard it there first), it be I'd speculate an 8/10. Why the points off? It seems to loop too soon and lacks a punch later in it.

Lush Woodlands from Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan (okay the track says "Cerulean", but that is a translation of the Japanese, "Lush" is used in English).

This track is absolutely beautiful. The instruments are so nice and it's such a soothing song. 10/10.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Crossing Swords

(This song always stood out to me because the full version of it never plays in the game and the only way to hear the full version is through the OST)

17 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Never going to play SJ Redux since I got the original version a little too late. Am I missing anything with this piece? Well I can't say it is bad, and it doesn't clash with the original soundtrack. It has a good start, if I felt the moment (as in played the game and heard it there first), it be I'd speculate an 8/10. Why the points off? It seems to loop too soon and lacks a punch later in it.

I'd suggest you don't get SJ Redux. The new dungeon is tedious and frustrating, the new final boss is a hot mess everything I hate in a boss fight and the only good thing about the remake (which is the battle theme I posted and the character associated with it) doesn't appear nearly often enough and for all intents and purposes should have been the playable character instead of that boring military guy we got.

As for the current song: 9/10 would listen again.

Final Fantasy XII - Royal Capital Rabanastre (Upper Ground)

Overall, it a good not overly dramatic boss battle theme, the scattered bits of pseudo-intercom talk is fitting given this is for Gear battles. 7.8/10

Throne of Creation- the final battle theme from the original Etrian Odyssey (also available in Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl if BGM Style is to "Old"). Note that for those interested in the game, do not look at the rest of the soundtrack- certain track names have spoilers in them. Don't look at the comments either of course.

Given this is the first trip inside the actual Mechonis and not just the sword, the music is appropriate. It is mechanical, but slow and chill compared to the Central Factory. The beginning in particular is filled with a certain sense of curiosity, quiet awakening to the extraordinary sights of giant moving machinery, it is almost playful with it, as if you could imagine someone leaping in clockwork synchronized motion from machine part to part. Whereas the Central Factory is more coldly focused on progressing with the mission at hand, Mechonis Field is about coming to really understand the Mechonis as a living, wonderful world. 9.5/10.

The Woodlands of Frozen Flowers from Etrian Odyssey Untold 2: The Fafnir Knight.

It comes from a game called the Caligula Effect.

I love this song. So classy, yet so full of power and menace. 9.5/10.

9.5/10
Anne best villain. She, Malvasia (NoA2) and Hilda (Stella Glow) actually form my best female villain triumvirate, as in these three are the best female video game villains in recent memory.

Thanks for the info! I'll try and see what it is about.

Persona 5 - Will Power

Edited by DragonFlames

• 2 weeks later...