Orb Summoning Strategy

tanuki

Because I'm a filthy F2P casual player, I full pull on every summoning.

At first, I tried only pulling for characters that I wanted. But having to scrape up orbs is a difficult thing to do in the first place, and I quickly learned that those hard-earned 20 wouldn't go very far if I were picky. I changed my priorities with SI becoming a thing, and I'm much happier nowadays. I mostly aim for SI fodder more than anything to boost the lower star characters that I do like, and sometimes I get a 5* unit.

The fact that I was more excited pulling Gunter and Jagen over Summer!Frederick and Summer!Robin should be an indication of how broken different I am.

I don't care about all that "need specific character" nonsense. Every good IV unit or 5* pull is still magical for me, and I've been playing since a few days after FE Heroes went live.

So... yeah I'm a full 20 puller regardless of banner.

Usually full pulls are the way to go, but this last session of 4 full pulls only resulted in one of the 2 units that I wanted out of red and blue, sniping does have it's benefits, but you have to have a stash of orbs, it's not the best idea when you have like 20. I say that but I'll probably still do it.

I always focus summon for the units I want by pulling specific orb colours, since I'm not too fond of pulling off focus characters I don't care for, and I've had my pity% broken by a 5* healer one too many times. The only exception is when my pity percentage gets really high, then I do full summons to try and get multiple 5*s in one session.

Since I have almost all my currently released faves by using this summoning method, I don't see a reason to change it. 

I used to do full pulls.

Now I pull for focus colors. As long as I've got at least one potential pull that's 4 orbs, I'm saving a bit... rather than then spending until I get 3 orbs for units I don't need. 

I save up and do full 20 orb pulls from banners I am interested in since I need fodder units and I still have some units I am trying to pull.  Once I have all the skills on my units I want I will focus on colors I want.