Your max Hero Merit heroes?

Flying Shogi

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, wizzard of soz said:

huh...interesting. more complex than i thought? Bride Charlotte being added to the end kinda makes sense to me since it's just a skin, but are the other skins like Cordelia or M Lucina and S Lucina also plopped on the end? and are they just put there in the order of release? i'm not sure i'm even seeing a very tangible pattern. kinda miffs me. though country origin may be a big thing then...is Henry next to Tharja? don't lose your sleep though, not worth. someone get all units to max HM so we can know the answers

When sorted by Origin, all variants of the same character are always immediately after the "normal" version.

• Spring Chrom, Spring Lucina, Spring Xander, and Spring Camilla appear immediately after Chrom, Lucina, Xander, and Camilla, respectively.
  • Bride Caeda, Bride Lyn, and Bride Cordelia appear immediately after Caeda, Lyn, and Cordelia, respectively.
  • Summer Robin, Summer Frederick, Summer Gaius, and Summer Tiki appear immediately after Robin (F), Frederick, Gaius, and Tiki (Awakening), respectively.
  • Masked Marth appears immediately after Spring Lucina.
  • Robin (F) and Corrin (F) appear immediately after Robin (M) and Corrin (M), respectively.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

I don’t grind Tempest for HM, and it shows:

You and me both.

Elise was my first to max out due to being in literally every non-Arena team I had. Ninian replaced Azura in my training teams a few hundred Hero Merit in and maxed out shortly after Elise.

Cecilia, Fae, and Lucina maxed out due to Tempest Trials, with Fae and Lucina maxing out in the previous Tempest Trials and Cecilia maxing out in the current Tempest Trials. Nowi maxed out due to being a mainstay of my Arena team for quite some time. Reinhardt maxed out sometime before the current Tempest Trials and after the previous Tempest Trials.

Tharja and Mae are getting close since they're on my main Tempest Trials team this time around. Eirika is a babysitter when training infantry. Tiki is the most recently completed member of my dragon team, and it shows.

Spoiler

Pdeeevi.jpg

Edited by Ice Dragon

I've mostly stuck with using the same heroes despite them having maxed HM (either because I like them or they're just good units), and haven't really done any actual HM grinding. Camus should be maxed soon.

Edited by Korath88

sxsWQiv.png

Here's where I stand in terms of Hero Merits, Lukas being my latest to max as of my latest TT run. He along with Alm, Bride!Lyn, Kagero, Camilla, Leo and Effie all hit max since the start of this month's Tempest Trials. Lachesis and Maria will also likely join the 2k club before the end of these Tempest Trials.

49 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

When sorted by Origin, all variants of the same character are always immediately after the "normal" version.

• Spring Chrom, Spring Lucina, Spring Xander, and Spring Camilla appear immediately after Chrom, Lucina, Xander, and Camilla, respectively.
  • Bride Caeda, Bride Lyn, and Bride Cordelia appear immediately after Caeda, Lyn, and Cordelia, respectively.
  • Summer Robin, Summer Frederick, Summer Gaius, and Summer Tiki appear immediately after Robin (F), Frederick, Gaius, and Tiki (Awakening), respectively.
  • Masked Marth appears immediately after Spring Lucina.
  • Robin (F) and Corrin (F) appear immediately after Robin (M) and Corrin (M), respectively.

yeah this was cleared up for me. though, do you know exactly how characters are sorted after origin, skins/variants aside? it's bugging me now..and is the HM page actually just sorted by origin in the same way that you can sort by origin when viewing your units? 

2 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

yeah this was cleared up for me. though, do you know exactly how characters are sorted after origin, skins/variants aside? it's bugging me now..and is the HM page actually just sorted by origin in the same way that you can sort by origin when viewing your units? 

Sort by origin is just a fixed order programmed into the game. Think of it as a Pokédex number; aside from evolutionary relations being sequential (variant characters), starters being first in each set (lords being the first in each set with first and second generations as separate sets as well as Corrin, Hoshido, and Nohr being separate sets), and legendaries being last in each set (no analogue in Heroes), there's no particular order in between, though closely related Pokémon often appear close to each other (the Black Fang, for example, are all near each other, and Fates's retainers are immediately after their lords). It's basically there to serve as the second to last tiebreaker when ties occur in sorting (the last tiebreaker is order acquired).

The Hero Merit screen sorts by Hero Merit, with ties broken by origin order.

25 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Sort by origin is just a fixed order programmed into the game. Think of it as a Pokédex number; aside from evolutionary relations being sequential (variant characters), starters being first in each set (lords being the first in each set with first and second generations as separate sets as well as Corrin, Hoshido, and Nohr being separate sets), and legendaries being last in each set (no analogue in Heroes), there's no particular order in between, though closely related Pokémon often appear close to each other (the Black Fang, for example, are all near each other, and Fates's retainers are immediately after their lords). It's basically there to serve as the second to last tiebreaker when ties occur in sorting (the last tiebreaker is order acquired).

The Hero Merit screen sorts by Hero Merit, with ties broken by origin order.

hmm i see. so it's not a systemically predictable order, per se. and by that, i figured it was some kinda of manually fixed order implemented into the game. i dunno why that bothers me so much. maybe because i think of how they literally decide where every single unit should go instead of using an algorithm? inefficiency hrng. i mean i guess it's not that inefficient if you add new units one or a few at a time but..

2 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

hmm i see. so it's not a systemically predictable order, per se. and by that, i figured it was some kinda of manually fixed order implemented into the game. i dunno why that bothers me so much. maybe because i think of how they literally decide where every single unit should go instead of using an algorithm? inefficiency hrng. i mean i guess it's not that inefficient if you add new units one or a few at a time but..

I mean, it's not like there's anything in the game that can tell your algorithm that Eliwood, Lyn, and Hector are co-main-characters of their game or that Nino, Jaffar, Ursula, and Lloyd are members of the Black Fang or that Peri and Laslow are Xander's retainers or that the order of the Hoshidian siblings by age is Ryoma-Hinoka-Takumi-Sakura or that Masked Marth and Lucina are the same character.

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I mean, it's not like there's anything in the game that can tell your algorithm that Eliwood, Lyn, and Hector are co-main-characters of their game or that Nino, Jaffar, Ursula, and Lloyd are members of the Black Fang or that Peri and Laslow are Xander's retainers or that the order of the Hoshidian siblings by age is Ryoma-Hinoka-Takumi-Sakura or that Masked Marth and Lucina are the same character.

yeah that's true, i mean i don't expect there to be an algorithm for that, but it'd be easier to sort after origin by something that could be used in an algorithm, like weapon type, move type, or alphabetically even. it's a little weird to me that they did just decide to manually place the characters in the subsort of origin sort. i wouldn't do that, since i'm a lazy programmer, hah. but i don't really know how the code for this app is laid out, so maybe it ain't as bad as i'm thinking.

9 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

yeah that's true, i mean i don't expect there to be an algorithm for that, but it'd be easier to sort after origin by something that could be used in an algorithm, like weapon type, move type, or alphabetically even. it's a little weird to me that they did just decide to manually place the characters in the subsort of origin sort. i wouldn't do that, since i'm a lazy programmer, hah. but i don't really know how the code for this app is laid out, so maybe it ain't as bad as i'm thinking.

Actually, the reason why the sub-sort for sort by origin is as it is is because "origin" is not a perfect translation of what it is in Japanese. In Japanese, the sort order is called "character", which is exactly what this sort order actually is.

I don't really grind HM, but Tempest Trials still help.

Maxed units: Sharena, Reinhardt, Nino, Olivia, Tharja.

Hector and Serra are pretty close as well. Hector will soon max out (without being used in TT), but I don't use Serra that often anymore, so I'll probably need to actively push her to 2k. I also try to no use my main arena team in other maps since they'll get to 2k anyway, so that's the reason Ryoma isn't close to capping yet.

52 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Actually, the reason why the sub-sort for sort by origin is as it is is because "origin" is not a perfect translation of what it is in Japanese. In Japanese, the sort order is called "character", which is exactly what this sort order actually is.

I wish there was a way to sort after character names in alphabetic order.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I wish there was a way to sort after character names in alphabetic order.

They probably didn't implement it because locale-aware alphabetic sorting differs by locale (language-location pair) whereas all of the existing sorting methods will give you the same results regardless of the language you are playing the game in.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

They probably didn't implement it because locale-aware alphabetic sorting differs by locale (language-location pair) whereas all of the existing sorting methods will give you the same results regardless of the language you are playing the game in.

Isn’t it possible to define seven or how many playable languages there are orderings? Like the gojuon for katakana, alphabet strings for European languages.

11 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Isn’t it possible to define seven or how many playable languages there are orderings? Like the gojuon for katakana, alphabet strings for European languages.

Yes, but it's annoying and software developers are lazy.

35 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

translating it to "character" wouldn't make it any clearer to me. explain?

11 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

translating it to "character" wouldn't make it any clearer to me. explain?

Being able to "sort by character" implies the game has a means of putting the characters in some order that is not dependent on their gameplay attributes (because those are separate sort orders), e.g. by Pokédex number.

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Being able to "sort by character" implies the game has a means of putting the characters in some order that is not dependent on their gameplay attributes (because those are separate sort orders), e.g. by Pokédex number.

ooh i see..so with that there wouldn't even be a subsort really since there's just a "Pokedex number." makes sense. regardless of semantics though i still find it odd how they decided to organize that category.

I kinda like the way they're sorted by their origin. Although an alphabetical sort would be nice for languages that use the Latin alphabet, I don't see it being implemented in the near future. 

I haven't paid too much attention to the way Japanese text is generally sorted but I'm assuming they're usually done by AIUEO(wow that looks weird in English) and then followed by their dokuten? It'd be interesting to see how things, especially when it comes to parsing, work when coding in Japanese. 

Got sidetracked a little but does anyone use new units when new Tempest Trials are open? I don't actively grind for Hero Merit but I try to take advantage of the TT and use new units whenever a new one rolls around. 

Edited by tobuShogi

So far I've maxed out:

• Katarina
  • Faye
  • Reinhardt
  • Lucius
  • Priscilla
  • Ursula
  • Nino
  • Titania
  • Sanaki
  • M. Robin
  • Olivia
  • Nowi
  • Azura
  • Xander

Michalis and Hector both need less than 500 to be maxed out. Peri, Ninian, Lucina, Celica, Camus, Wrys, and Raven need less than 1000. I'm trying to force myself to use a larger variety of characters, so I don't always rely on the same strategies (even though I somehow ALWAYS revert to using the same team during GHB lol). My next endeavor will be Flier Emblem so Palla, Clair, and Cherche are going to be getting some love.

12 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

A little surprised to see a GHB hero as your first max HM hero. Then again, a decent part of your list are 5* exclusive units.

Yeah and that's mainly because for the longest time I wasn't really fighting with more than 4 characters that much. I usually only used one team and I changed my team a lot. Michalis has been on my main team the longest.