FE: War of Men (Gameplay)

Enaluxeme

Asther nodded as Abeloth rushed past him. Whatever Abeloth was planning, he trusted his judgment.

He dashed past Rekia and Sicon, seeing the man they had been engaging for the first time--an arrow had been lodged in his shoulder, and a half-broken javelin protruded from his abdomen.

Well, you've seen better days, Asther thought. Let's get to work on finishing the job.

Asther moves to C12 and attacks Maurice.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The large brigand was speaking to Radle. The swordsman recognized the man as Abeloth the Hulk, an especially sizable axe-user. While Abeloth was feared for his strength, Radle had heard rumors that he was really a rather soft fellow who was generally misunderstood. At any rate, the man wanted to talk, and Radle had questions he needed answered.

"Why, if it isn't the Mighty Abeloth! You indeed have the right idea. I'm slightly suspicious of my current employer. If you could share why, exactly, you are attacking this location, I would be most appreciative."

Abeloth heard he had a given title, and was secretly humbled. "At first we were tracking a thief who had stolen a precious tome from one of the sages of Vinhon. We tracked him here, only for him to leave on horseback without the tome, but with what I could surmise was his sister. Be they slavers or kidnappers, your employers are scum. I'm willing to bet even now they have prisoners. Regardless if we recover the tome or not, what's happening here needs to end. If you help us further that goal, I have a rather affluent employer who's all too willing to hire more mercenaries." Abeloth hoped that Radle (that's what his name was) would listen to him.

"Fair points, my large friend. But until I can know for myself the truth in your words, I will refrain from making any permanent decisions." Radle knew that there were other captives, but he did not want to act in a way that might endanger them. Then again, Maurice is not one for using hostages. Even he isn't that cowardly. "Fine then, I will join your side... for now. However, I do not believe that this mage here is in favor of this fight either. Allow me to get her out of harm's way first."

Radle turned toward Cecilie. "Miss Cecilie, these gentlemen will let you go if you would prefer not to fight. Looking at their strength, it seems like that might be the most prudent option for you if you would like to avoid getting hurt." The girl looked confused. "Trust me. I won't be able to protect you against their numbers. Plus, I still have a few questions I need to ask our employer."

Radle becomes Blue unit and talks to Cecilie. 

''So I'm supposed to just leave this fortress alone? You have given me no reason to. I won't just betray my employers without good reason. Please tell me what exactly we're guarding here. I am not feeling well to fight for something I don't understand, as you may have guessed. So please, tell me.''

She's so fresh. Who told her it would be a good idea to get on a battlefield? "Listen, miss. I have good reason to believe that our employers are involved in a human trafficking scheme of some sort. I had my suspicions but I didn't act on them because I thought I could trust Maurice, but apparently he knows something that he hasn't told us." It was all starting to make sense to him. "Cecilie, I'm giving you a chance to get out of this battle. It's the least I can do to protect you. If you pick a side in this fight, you could end up seriously hurt. Please, consider your options carefully."

''I knew it. This job wasn't right. It seems I put too much faith in the others. They must have been hiding this from me all this time. They would know I wouldn't take this job if I knew what it was for. Radle.. you seem like a good person, and I appreciate you wish to protect me, by having me leave this battlefield. However, I won't agree to those conditions. Allow me to fight on your side!''

Cecilie was recruited, and then moves to 10D to attack Maurice.

''You! Stop fighting for this cause! You know? Our employers are not good people! You know this don't you? If you keep fighting for this evil, i'm going to have to stop you myself!''

Edited by Michelaar

As Abeloth tried to persuade Radle into joining his group, Asther went to attack Maurice. His cut connected on a less protected spot under the breastplate of the mercenary, causing him to moan in pain. The older swordsman wasn't done yet though, he spitted some blood on the ground and counterattacked.

rUalv0Z.png"Yer gonna have to strike harder than that, boy. Let me show you!"

The massive, yet quick swing took Asther almost completely off-guard: he instinctively tried to parry the attack, but only managed to mess with its edge-alignement. Still, if he didn't, the strike would have cleaved him in half, but instead "only" caused a rather deep wound on his arm.

Asther hits Maurice for 5 damage (6/23), Maurice retaliates and hits for 14 damage (4/18)

Asther gains 12 exp

Both Radle and Cecilie quickly decided to change sides. In her resentment, the mage attacked Maurice.

rUalv0Z.png"Woah kid, what do you think you are doing?"

The firedball fully hit the man in the torso, burning a hole through him.

rUalv0Z.png"W- Why, I..."

Maurice's body fell life-less on the ground.

Cecilie hits for 7 damage and kills Maurice

Cecilie gains 33 exp

Iron Blade (34/35) obtained

1McT27X.png

Maurice's last strike was too powerful to go unnoticed, and the bow-wielding mercenary took his chance to try and finish the job.

The arrow flew right past Abeloth and Radle, pierced through Asther's arm and got stuck in his side. Not only the swordsman was in absolute pain after the two hits, but his wounds were bleeding copiously, and the arm went completely limp, making him drop his weapon. He was in no condition to fight anymore, and was seriously risking bleeding to death.

Archer hits for 7 damage and defeats Asther

The other enemies got closer to the group. Joicelyn saw the grey armor in a pool of blood behind Abeloth and Radle's legs, and was distraught by it.

rg3NBtm.png"Maurice... Maurice, no! It can't be!"

HHOyjAv.png

Edited by Enaluxeme

Abeloth angrily growls at the pathetic Archer in front of him. "You will pay with your life!" Asther wasn't dead, but he was seriously wounded, prompting a retreat. Abeloth was not about to let that archer get away with that.

Abeloth attacks Archer at E13 with Iron Axe.

Abeloth's axe slashed through the opponent's face, dealing a noticeable amount of pain, but ultimately failing to bring the man down.

Abeloth hits Archer for 10 damage (9/19)

Abeloth gains 10 exp

dTqhNov.png

Asther fell to one knee, using his sword as a crutch. "Blast... I was careless. I'll be fine, but this wound will take some time to heal... kill that archer for me, will you?" Asther resigned from the battlefield with a verbal 'tsk,' heading back to address his wounds, observing the battle a safe distance from the fort.

Cecilie approached the group. 

"Let me make this clear, if any of you even try to attack Joicelyn, this deal is over. I will go talk to her now. The least I can do is make sure she is safe."

Cecilie moves to E11 and attacks the archer.

Hmph. Some tactician. He couldn't even keep himself on the battlefield. Rekia took aim at the archer who'd taken Asther out and suffered a nasty blow from Abeloth. "You aren't looking so great, friend. How about a taste of your own medicine?"

Rekia attacks the archer in E13

Edited by KingStaragna

Sicon stepped back a pace as their appointed tactician fell. He wanted to offer a reassuring word as he limped out of the fight, but there were more urgent matters to attend to.

He turned his head to the general mass of people around him. "I'm going farther in. We still have captives to worry about. Someone! With me!"

Sicon stepped over the corpse in front of him. It was a pity. He had offered the man the opportunity to explain himself. If he had, maybe they could have spared him. But now it was too late. Sicon pressed on, hugging the wall.

Sicon to F11, Wait.

Edited by ThicreanPhoenix
Derp

In the point between Cecilie and the archer, the wall wasn't whole, only going up to around one meter from the ground. The empty space over what remained of the wall was more than enough for the young mage's fireball, which burned the man's shoulder and neck. Despite being clearly one step from the grave, the archer prepared another arrow and retaliated against Cecilie, hitting her on the left shoulder. Thankfully, the attack wasn't that powerful, and the tip of the arrow didn't completely enter Cecilie's flesh.

Cecilie hits Archer for 7 damage (2/19), Archer retaliates and hits for 6 damage (11/17)

Cecilie gains 11 exp

After taunting his opponent, Rekia shot him: a precise arrow in the middle of the chest.

Rekia hits for 6 damage and kills Archer

Rekia gains 32 exp

bdFsicd.png

Radle saw an enemy mage approaching. Joicelyn! She was a powerful magician he had gotten to know over the past few days. He could have easily taken her down, but one thing Radle hated was fighting women. Maybe I can get her to surrender peacefully. At the least, I can keep her from attacking the others. He moved directly next to her and spoke.

"Well, Joicelyn. How about changing sides with me and Cecilie? I know this situation hasn't sat very well with you either, and now that Maurice is gone, you really have no reason to keep fighting. If you will put down your weapon, I promise to protect you."

Radle moves to H13 and talks to Joicelyn.

Edited by SullyMcGully

After Lowe scorched the fighter, he stretched his arms outwards and took a deep inhale with a smile, letting the noises of battle overtake him for a moment. His expression turned sour however as he heard Rekia yell at Hiero and it worsened as he saw Asther limp off the battlefield. Couple of kill-joys. Now I have to get focused again. His arms slumped down to his sides as he looked over to an approaching fighter. While walking he calls out to Hiero. "Never mind the loudmouth, Hiero. You do you." 

lowe moves to D16, attacks fighter on F16

Joicelyn wasn't too fond of Radle's suggestion.

rg3NBtm.png"What is wrong with you? They killed Maurice and you're joining them!? You should stick your stupid sword through their hearts!"

Meanwhile Lowe got closer to the fighter coming from the east side of the ruin and threw a fireball at him. The enemy didn't manage to avoid the attack completely, but at least the fire didn't burn a hole through his stomach as it did to Maurice. Visibly angry, the man threw his weapon at Lowe, cuttin the mage across his chest.

Suffering from the wide wound, Lowe conjured another fire spell that burned the fighter on one of his legs.

Lowe hits Fighter for 8 damage (17/25), Fighter retaliates and hits for 11 damage (5/16), Lowe follows up and hits for 8 damage (9/25)

Lowe gains 11 exp

5Jpfs50.png

Edited by Enaluxeme

Hiero notices that Lowe had weakened a fighter. "Welp, guess meeting the new people will happen later." Hiero runs forward, passing Lowe. "Thanks for the opening bud!"

Hiero moves to E16 and attacks the fighter with the iron sword.

Running past Lowe, Hiero charged and pierced through his target's abdomen before he could even rise his axe to respond.

Hiero hits for 11 damage and kills Fighter 3

Hiero gains 31 exp

rg3NBtm.png"Keep wasting your time. Rot there as you ponder on your morals. If you're not going to kill them, I will!"

Joicelyn ran away from Radle, throwing her fireball on the first enemy she found on her way: Hiero. Perhaps as a result of the rage clouding her mind, the aim wasn't the best, and the swordsman avoided the attack with relative ease.

Joicelyn attacks Hiero, but misses

Hiero gains 1 exp

bPgZZSY.png

Abeloth looked at the girl mage that killed the Mercenary. "If your friend does what that Archer did to Asther, I can't guarantee that she will survive this. Go to her, talk to her, but if she tries to defend the actions of your former employer, kill her." He wasn't about to negotiate with a slaver, especially an unrepentant one.

Abeloth moves to H12 and equips Hatchet.

As he continued to hug the wall, Sicon crept into the doorway. He could have gone a little farther, but he stayed in the doorway, grabbing his lighter lance as opposed to his heavy javelin. He'd be less open.

Sicon to G8, Equip Slim Lance and hope the Fighter and Shaman don't murder him

"Nice work, buddy!" Lowe clapped and smiled as Hiero delivered the finishing blow to the fighter. A shock of pain rattled his body as his adrenaline started to waver and he grimaced while looking down at the wound on his chest. His vision blurs a bit but a smile and crazed look stays on his face as he looks up to see a female miss Hiero with a fireball. 'Shit, a girl...and a cute one at that, Hiero is at a disadvantage...can't risk this injury in this situation' 

Lowe moves to G17 and uses a vulnerary.

Edited by Iota Irondust