Enaluxeme

FE: War of Men (Gameplay)

61 posts in this topic

By throwing his weapon at the enemy, Sicon successfully landed the finishing blow before the man could heal and come back. Of course, the thrown weapon was enchanted to come back in the hands of his owner, like many others of its kind.

Sicon hits for 8 damage and kills Mercenary

Sicon gains 31 Exp

With the cleric's treatments and his own intervention to remove the poison, Abeloth was brought back to top condition. However, as the duo was getting near the occupied village, someone reached them, flying on top of a pegasus.

Abeloth loses 1 HP from the poison (12/23)

Abeloth is no longer poisoned

Ahava heals 12 HP to Abeloth (23/23)

Ahava gains 11 Exp

The two other bandits didn't react well to Sicon killing their companion, and kept attacking the soldier. As sicon was now wielding an heavier weapon, mostly suited for ranged combat, he had difficulties keeping the quick swordman at bay: the tip of the sword grazed his leg once and just barely missed on the second attempt at hitting him. Moreover, the archer was too far away to reach even with an enchanted spear. At least, the bowman was still too inaccurate to hit his target and, to be honest, having tested his abilities outside of the training grounds made Sicon feel stronger and more confident.

Thief hits Sicon for 2 damage (10/20), Sicon retaliates and deals 11 damage (3/18), thief follows up but misses

Sicon gains 17 Exp

Level up! +1 HP +1 Str

Hunter misses

Sicon gains 1 Exp

YHnbGD8.png

Last turn!

Having been fully revitalized, Abeloth made a mad dash for the boss, hatchet in hand. He moves to L4 and throws his hatchet.

The spear had landed. The pesky swordsman collapsed, and hopefully would not be standing back up anytime soon. The spear, as due its...qualities, reappeared in Sicon's grip. Sicon was almost proud, but out of the bushes came the one who had attacked him and started this mess. Unable to parry or escape, he found himself stinging. He made sure to return the favor, though.

"Ha! Better luck next time...if you can last until then!" He taunted, evading the second strike. "And you might have to pray you do!" Sicon continued as he seamlessly drew his old, less cumbersome, weapon and brought down the axe. The metaphorical axe, at any rate. In truth, Sicon prayed himself for a split-second that his strike landed...he wouldn't last much longer if it didn't.

Equip Slim Lance, attack Thief.

Edited by ThicreanPhoenix

Having gotten closer to the boss, Abeloth was in a good position to attack him.

http://i.imgur.com/JiYeZsi.png "Who the hell are you? We were only expecting the border patrol to show up... No matter, I'll cut you down anyway."

The bandit got hit by Abeloth's weapon on the left forearm, but was still perfectly capable of hitting back, as his axe was similarly enchanted. His attack resulted in a rather nasty cut on Abeloth's chest.

Abelot hits Boss for 7(18/25) damage, Boss retaliates and deals 11(12/23) damage

Abeloth gains 11 Exp

Just as impressive as the fight with the bandit leader, if not more, was Sicon, still fending off against multiple opponents. With his last attack, however, the soldier brought down the opposition to just the bowman on the hill, as the thief dropped dead on the ground.

Sicon hits for 10 damage and kills Thief

Sicon gains 50 Exp

zHpfXCy.png

Ahava was quite annoyed as Abeloth completely ignored her warning and rushed back into battle. Perhaps she would have been just as stubborn a patient, but the truth remained. Fighting in such a condition was a good way to get yourself killed. Fortunately, another ally had flown in. The healer walked to the peg knight to get her aid."

"If you are able to fight," Ahava said to Mi'iltha, pointing toward the village, "we could use your help freeing that village."

Regardless, Ahava continued to K4 and healed Abeloth. She'd have to monitor him for the ill effects of poison, though it seemed to have subsided.

Edited by Toogee

Mi'iltha nods in response to the approaching cleric, definitely willing to provide aid. "Of course. These brigands up here are the reason I'm even fighting up here in the first place."

Seeing just how much damage the boss did in one hit to the fighter, Mi'iltha moves to M4 and sits there. Or M5 if that corner's not a legitimate place to place herself at.

Sicon stood up straight, snapping his javelin back on his belt. His other lance, however, he pointed at the archer, whom he could see from his mountain perch. No doubt they could see him too.

"That makes two down, arrow boy! Do you still value your life, or shall I make that three? If the former, drop your weapon. If the latter...make peace with whatever god you worship before I send you off to meet them."

Abeloth looked directly into the eyes of the Bandit leader. "I know not who you are, but you are a blight upon the innocent, worse than any natural plague. I hope you prayed to your gods to forgive your sins, because I will not. Face me, if thou dare, spawn of strumpet!

Thanks to Ahava's magic, the wound on Abeloth's chest immediately healed, without leaving behind even the smallest of scars.

Ahava heals 12 HP to Abeloth (23/23)

Ahava gains 11 Exp

The bandit leader was outnumbered with the appearance of Mi'iltha. It seems he wasn't pleased, as he immediately attacked the pegasus knight. Despite being close enough to use his axe normally, he still threw his enchantend weapon, successfully hitting the girl's hip and almost knoking her down from her mount. Of course, Mi'iltha responded with a good thrust of her sword.

Boss hits Mi'iltha for 11(7/18) damage, Mi'iltha retaliates and deals 6(12/25) damage

Mi'iltha gains 12 Exp

The axeman was ready to attack again, when his attention shifted to the east: the rest of the border patrol had dealt with the other bandits and was coming to finish the job.

JiYeZsi.png "This should be enough... Everyone left, retreat! Now!"

He looked Mi'iltha and Abeloth with a grin.

JiYeZsi.png "Maybe we'll play another time, kids."

Having said that, the boss retreated inside the village. As all the villagers that survived the previous attack were in hiding, no one could stop him, and he simply vanished without a trace before you could catch him.

After shooting his last arrow, finally hitting his opponent once on the thigh, the only other remaining bandit vanished just as easily.

Hunter hits Sicon for 4 damage (6/20)

Sicon gains 1 Exp

Bonus Exp

Spoiler

Mi'iltha

• Village rescued: +10
  • Partecipation: +20

30 Exp

Level up! +1 HP

Sicon

• Roleplay bonus: +10
  • Use of terrain to own advantage: +5

35 Exp

Ahava

• Avoided enemy attacks: +5
  • Supported allies: +10

35 Exp

Abeloth

• Use of terrain to own advantage: +5

25 Exp

e3LXPu2.png

http://i.imgur.com/PfKsHPb.png "Hey! Where is everybody?"

http://i.imgur.com/clIzrmX.png "You two, check every last pebble of this village. Lithis, patrol the area. That bandit must still be nearby. Mi'hilta, Sicon, report."

Edited by Enaluxeme

Abeloth put away his weapons and approached the captain. "The village in the Northwest is safe. You may need to post a patrol there, just to reassure the villagers." Abeloth turned to the cleric girl. "I never was able to ask before the countryside erupted, but do you have a name, miss?" He also looked at the Pegasus Knight, presumably the one that was addressed as Mi'iltha. He didn't see where she came from, but he knew she was on their side. The other, however, was nowhere in sight, probably on the other side of the other pegasus knight named Lithis.

Sicon watched as the archer fired one last shot and ducked away. He started to give chase, but he was gone before too long. "Damn..." However, Sicon didn't have much time to beat himself up about it. A recognizable voice rang out ahead. It was the Captain, demanding a report.

Sicon instinctively jogged up to the brigade and saluted. "Eastern Ridge clear, Captain. Three assailants. Two dead. One escaped." Sicon stood at attention, waiting for a response. He had to wonder about the other person the Captain, called, though. Was someone else supposed to be here with him?...