FE: War of Men (Gameplay)

Enaluxeme

Hiero was about to go into what he spent most of his gold on when he saw the light out the window. "Huh? What is that?" Hiero looked out the window, but stepped away from the window when he realized he couldn't see anything through the window due to the light. "Dang, that stuff is bright."

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The man noticed Abeloth at the last moment, just quickly enough not to bump into him.

Gk48lQG.png"Why you..."

He unsheated his sword, but did not attack. Instead, the thief circled around the albiran. Abeloth noticed that the sword was not a common one: its hilt was shaped like an S and bright blue.

Edited by Enaluxeme

Asther shielded his eyes as the light blared in from the streets. After glancing out the window, he grabbed his sword still resting in its scabbard, and started to leave the room. "Something's going down. Come on, let's have a look."

He then exited the room, leaving the door open behind him, making his way out of the inn. He wasn't rushing, by any means, but he had a hastened pace. 

After looking Sujad over and quickly putting the pieces together, a knowing smile grew across Lowe's face as he began to feel the inside of his cloak for his tome. 'Well I guess less people in the party means more money for m-' this thought was abruptly stopped and replaced with high pitched ringing as Lowes vision became overwhelmed with bright light. Lowe clutched one hand over his eyes as he tried to feel for the door of the inn before kicking it open. "sonofabitchisaskingtogetfried, ASTHER, HIERO, GET YOUR ASSES DOWN HERE ARMED AND READY! WE HAVE A RAT TO CATCH"

"Whatever you're reaching for better be a loaf of bread, because you're going to have to eat it, sneak thief." Abeloth punched the thief as he tried going around him, hoping Rekia would pull out his bow, and that Sicon would cover his other flank.

Sicon awaited a respomse that didn't ever come. Folpowing a flash of light, a man, sword drawn, had bumped into Abeloth, and was cautiously going around. A thief, eh...

As this apparent thief attempted to circle around the large man that was in the way, Sicon grabbed one of his lances, returning to the scene as the punch was thrown. Abeloth had proven a good distraction. He grabbed the thief from behind and pointed the lance right in between his shoulderblades.

"I wouldn't move if I were you."

Hiero didn't have his sword on him when Asther ran off. As a result, by the time Hiero grabbed his iron sword, he was far behind Asther. After hearing Lowe yell out various curses, he started to pick up pace, catching up to Asther. Due to his speed, he arrived before Asther and unsheathed his sword. Who his Blade was targeted to was changing as Sujad was an ally, yet dressed like a thief and wielding a dagger, when Matt normally saw him using a tome while Abeloth looked like he was attacking his ally. "Sujad, what is going on here?"

The man couldn't avoid Abeloth's punch. In fact, he seemed rather slow and unreactive for a thief. On the other hand, the hit did not slow him down, and he proceeded towards the stable undeterred, disregarding Sicon's spear.

7u29ak6.jpg"Sicon, wait! I recognize that man."

There was a horse tied by the reins. Having no time to untie the knot, the thief simply slashed the reins with his sword before jumping on the animal.

Gk48lQG.png"Try stopping me, and the next cut will be at your arms. YAH!"

7u29ak6.jpg"Are you not one of Sage Falatis' men? Why are you running away?"

Sicon was poised to thrust as the thief effectively went around him. However, a voice commanded him to not, and he was bound by...oath?...to obey. So he stood down.

The thief busted back through on a horse, but then Abeloth grabbed the horse, of all things. At a loss for words, Sicon just stood, confused and disoriented. A lot was happening around him, and he didn't get it.

Asther exited the the inn, his pace quickening after he heard Lowe's yell, seeing an overwhelming number of things happening at once. Lowe was angry, Sujad was on a horse being chased by an unfamiliar group of people, and weapons were drawn. He decided to head towards the stables, keeping his blade sheathed, but prepared to draw it at a moment's notice.

"Sujad, what is the meaning of this? Explain yourself!"

Edited by Intercopter

Lowe hears two sets of footsteps pass by him and he slowly follows while rubbing his eyes. His vision blurs to make out the shapes of the strange scene before him and he shakes his head while placing an elbow onto Asther's shoulder for balance. "Honestly I have actually no idea who these people are but THAT RAT FLASH BOMBED ME AFTER I WAS JUST TALKING TO HIM WITH THE PUREST OF INTENTIONS....also he's stealing the tome we are transporting...mm" Lowe points a shaky finger at Sujad while saying this.

Edited by Iota Irondust

Rekia looked over the situation with indifference. He recognized Sujad from a previous job. A slippery sort, but not boring to have a drink with. While they were not exactly friends, Rekia figured he didn't have any real stake in this, as Abeloth seemed to. He would sit it out unless Elijah was in danger or ordered him to step in. Taking on a mage of his caliber was not high on the archer's to-do list, especially after sitting on his ass for the whole day and then some. He positioned himself next to Elijah, wordlessly.

Abeloth successfully stopped the horse by grappling the animal.

Gk48lQG.png"You leave me no choice!"

With a swift motion, Sujad wounded Abeloth: a clean cut made with the tip of the sword. It wasn't a major injury, but was enough to cause Abeloth to loosen up the grip, causing te horse to free itself. The mage forced his way around Abeloth and Sicon.

Gk48lQG.png"I have to."

Having answered Elijah's question, Sujad galloped away, as the allarmed guard didn't manage to stop him.

Abeloth felt the gash on the right side of his chest. "Damn it!" Abeloth looked at Elijah and Sicon. "Are you alright, liege? Thanks for the help, Sicon, but I don't think any of us, even with Rekia's help, could've stopped that bastard if we tried." As he rose up out of the stall, Abeloth saw three men running in their direction. "If you're looking for that Thief, you won't find him. He stole a horse and fled," he then pointed to the gash on his chest, "but not without difficulty. Also, could I get a Vulnerary, please?"

Hiero had been ignored by everyone there. As a result, he decided to just sit next to the inn and watch. When Sujad was making his escape, Hiero could've stopped him. But he didn't. "Tsk, just what I needed. A thief stealing a tome. Then again I really didn't want this job." *sigh*

As Sujad rides away Lowe face twitches multiple times before moving his gaze to the barely injured giant man. "B-BUT YOU'RE MASSIVE! YOU COULD HAVE EATEN THAT HORSE IF YOU WANTED TO AND NOW WE CAN'T...now we can't..." Lowe collapses onto his knees with slacked shoulders. "...we can't get paid..." a vacant look grows across Lowe's face as he stares at the ground and mutters under his breath.

Asther watches as Sujad rides off with a verbal 'tsk.' After seeing the large red-haired man's wound, he runs over and hands him his vulnerary.

"Terribly sorry you got caught up in all this. We were charged with the delivery of a special tome, and... well, now that bastard has it." 

Edited by Intercopter

Taking the Vulnerary, Abeloth pours it over the wound, sealing it, but leaving a scar where the blade had cut. "Thanks for that. Even though we couldn't stop him, at the very least my employer here wasn't hurt. Speaking of, if you three are in dire straits because of that sneak thief, you might just convince milord to hire you. Sotria knows that one on the ground could use coin."

7u29ak6.jpg"He stole a tome? But that makes no sense! Why would a man such as him result to theft?"

Elijah tought for a moment about the situation.

7u29ak6.jpg"Whatever the reason, if Sujad betrayed his liege, we must pursue him. Our destination is indeed Sage Falatis' mansion in Magrosa. Bringing him a traitor and a recovered special tome may prove to be most advantageous."

"I don't think the mule would take too kindly to seven men pushing him to his absolute limit just to catch someone on horseback. For right now, we need to rest, and maybe weigh our options. First I was wishing Ahava was here, now I'm wishing that Gastallan Pegasus Knight had been allowed to join us." Abeloth handed the half full Vulnerary bottle back to the man who gave it to him.

Asther takes back his vulnerary with a nod of acknowledgement. "Well, if you're going after him, then I'm coming with you. I've never failed a client yet, I'm not about to start now."

Asther's eyes scan the group, and, not addressing anyone in particular, he introduces himself. "My name's Asther. Asther Cruz--and you are...?" He trails off, waiting for their names.

"Rekia", the tribesman answered, slinging his bow over his shoulder. "I can track him, given enough resources. I can have him here before you by this time tomorrow. Especially if these two fine gentlemen are accompanying me." He smiled at Asther and the pervert, but it didn't reach his eyes. They were obviously incompetent, but he would have to make do unless Elijah provided him some excuse to go it alone.