FE: War of Men (Gameplay)

Enaluxeme

Rekia signaled Lowe to stay put while he traced the perimeter. Finding no other entrance than the one heavily guarded, he made his way back to the mage. "No luck," he said. "It looks like our group will have to fight our way in." As he said this, the gates flew open and out rode Sujad with a young girl behind him. "Damn," he muttered, cursing himself for being too slow. "If it were up to me I'd say we should cut our losses and get out of here, but...no. Whoever Sujad met with in there has answers for us that your employer and Elijah will be very interested in hearing. We have no choice, we're going in. Get ready for combat." Rekia maneuvered into a nearby thicket in order to provide suitable cover, strung his bow, drew an arrow, and sounded the loon call.

Time to earn his keep.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Upon hearing the loon call, Asther gave the others the briefest of nods, and drew his sword. Rekia had done his job--now it was their turn.

"A fight it is, then. Hiero, I want you taking the front. I've seen you in action and you can take one hell of a beating. You look pretty sturdy yourself as well, Abeloth--you should stay by him and make sure lance users aren't a problem. Sicon, same on your end--any axe wielders I can dispatch on short notice. As long as we cover each other's weaknesses and don't overextend, we have nothing to fear." Asther began to advance on the fort, giving Rekia a nod. He turned to Hiero, giving him a short, quick signal with his hand. "Now."

Edited by Intercopter

Lowe squatted down as Rekia signaled and started scraping his nail on a nearby stone to keep calm. Upon seeing Sujad exit and ride off, Lowe but down harder onto his tongue to force himself to stay still. Rekia's final words caused Lowe to stand up straight in a flash and flap open his tome. He attempts to speak the word 'finally!' but his tongue was fairly swollen so only a jumbled mess came out, but a large smile stayed on his face 

"We just run in? Fine by me!" Hiero started running ahead, unsheathing his sword while he runs. He then ran out of the bushes, and started to do a swing against one of the guards. He he hoped that Abeloth was right behind him and that Rekia and Lowe were already prepared.

Sicon waited, and listened. He was too far to see in great detail, but he did manage to spot a horse with two riders, one large, one small. Not too long afterwards, he heard Asher telling him to take to the front. Sicon silently nodded and shifted from his low-profile lance-holding stance to a higher one. However, unlike the last fight, he still held his lance in both hands.

...And then the two men beside him charged. Sicon was caught off guard by this, as he had expected the fighters to display a little more...tact. He stood bewildered for a moment, but shook it off and approached, wkth much more caution in his step than his associates.

The job went very well, until Cecilie and Joicelyn heard a loud roar. The next second, people came running from the bushes. Cecilie went inside to tell her employers. "We're under attack, sir!'

It is unclear whether Sujad noticed the group approaching the fort or not, but regardless of that he left the place without looking back, and he was gone when the fight started.

For SullyMcGully

Spoiler

Radle confronted Maurice.

rUalv0Z.png"What? Why are you looking at me that way? The girl is fine! We are mercenaries, we can't be too picky with our jobs."

The two didn't have the time to argue, since Cecilie rushed in warning them of the danger.

rUalv0Z.png"Speaking of our job, now is no time to chat."

Battle: After the exchange

Objective: ???

LScP5q3.png

Enemy data:

Spoiler

Fighters:

• hp    25
  • str    7
  • mag    0
  • skl    5
  • spd    5
  • lck    1
  • def    4
  • res    1

The Fighter 1 (C15), the Fighter 2 (E17), the Fighter 4 (H5) and the Fighter 5 (M2) have an Iron Axe:

• Dmg    15
  • Acc    85
  • Avo    9
  • Crit    2
  • CE    1
  • AS    4

The Fighter 4 (H5) also has a droppable Cell Doors Key.

The Fighter 3 (M14) and the Fighter 5 (M2) have a Hand Axe:

• Dmg    14
  • Acc   70
  • Avo    3
  • Crit    2
  • CE    1
  • AS    1

Archer:

• hp    19
  • str    5
  • mag    0
  • skl    6
  • spd    5
  • lck    2
  • def    4
  • res    1

With droppable Short Bow:

• Dmg    10
  • Acc    103
  • Avo    12
  • Crit    3
  • CE    2
  • AS    5

Shaman:

• hp    19
  • str    1
  • mag    3
  • skl    4
  • spd    3
  • lck    1
  • def    3
  • res    4

With Shade Tome:

• Dmg    9
  • Acc    88
  • Avo    7
  • Crit    2
  • CE    1
  • AS    3

Maurice:

• hp    23
  • str    8
  • mag    0
  • skl    9
  • spd    8
  • lck    3
  • def    6
  • res    1
  • con   10

With droppable Iron Blade:

• Dmg    17
  • Acc    89
  • Avo    17
  • Crit    4
  • CE    3
  • AS    7

Maurice also has a Vulnerary (3/3).

Joicelyn:

• hp    18
  • str    2
  • mag    4
  • skl    6
  • spd    5
  • lck    1
  • def    4
  • res    6

With Fire Tome:

• Dmg    9
  • Acc    102
  • Avo    11
  • Crit    3
  • CE    1
  • AS    5

Joicelyn also has a Vulnerary (3/3).

Edited by Enaluxeme

"Don't think we're done talking about this, Maurice! I don't want money if I have to feel guilty about it!" This is what I hate about being a mercenary. Radle heard the sound of weapons. So the fighting has already started... maybe these foes will be able to enlighten me as to what's really going on.

Just then he saw the young female mage standing in the doorway. "Cecilie, was it? Get behind me. I'm better suited for dodging these attacks." He realized he had put himself in range of both an archer and a barbarian, but he trusted himself to be able to dodge any blows they sent his way.

Radle moves to D12.

The mercenary, whose name was Radle, got in front of Cecilie and said that she should stay behind him to stay safe. ''Of course. I believe your name was Maurice? I will stay safely behind you.''

Cecilie stays at D11.

Edited by Michelaar

Abeloth throws his axe agains one of the two axemen. The man is wounded by the attack, but is unable to retaliate at that range.

Abeloth hits Fighter 1 for 7 damage (18/25)

Abeloth gains 10 exp

uk4eAFw.png

Edited by Enaluxeme

Abeloth's roar and attack fills Lowe with a bit of respect for the massive man but that quickly leaves his mind and he starts laughing uncontrollably at the sight of multiple opponents being so close. He quickly steps in front of Rekia without thinking to attack the closest opponent.

Lowe moves to B16 and attacks the fighter in C15

Edited by Iota Irondust

Rekia considered his options. He could probably finish off the axeman standing closest to him, but that would lead him wide open to attack from the mage and other fighter. He found an opening and maneuvered his way between Abeloth and Lowe, knocked an arrow and fired at the wounded fighter.

Rekia moves to B17 and attacks the fighter in C15

Edited by KingStaragna

Asther threw his cloak from his shoulders, tossing it aside. His eyes scanned the battlefield, and after seeing the axe wielder straight ahead of him pelted with ranged weaponry left and right, decided it was best to try and finish this one off first. He figured he was on his last leg, and one more well-placed cut ought to do the job.

Asther moves to B15 and attacks the Fighter in C15.

Edited by Intercopter

The other men charged forward, taking blows at the axemen. Sicon creeped around, closer to the building. He couldn't get close enough to hit anything, since people were in the way, but he did get closer to the building.

The others had mentioned tell of prisoners, and Sicon figured that him taking on a bunch of axemen would not end well. Thus, he made his intention to rescue said prisoners. He informed his nearby allies, in a completely normal tone, hardly audible over the clanging of weapons. "I'm going inside to check for captives."

Sicon creeps over to A16 and does a whole lotta nothin'.

Spoiler

The other men charged forward, taking blows at the axemen. Sicon creeped around, closer to the building. He couldn't get close enough to hit anything, since people were in the way, but he did get closer to the building.

The others had mentioned tell of prisoners, and Sicon figured that him taking on a bunch of axemen would not end well. Thus, he made his intention to rescue said prisoners. He informed his nearby allies, in a completely normal tone, hardly audible over the clanging of weapons. "I'm going inside to check for captives."

Sicon creeps over to A16 and does a whole lotta nothin'.

My friends, I have been doubleposted.

Edited by ThicreanPhoenix
Hiding the doublepost.

In his frenzy, Lowe directed a fireball towards the enemy wounded by Abeloth but, not having took a moment to properly aim, barely missed and failed to burn the man.

Lowe attacks Fighter 1, but misses

Lowe gains 1 exp

Rekia's arrow, however, flew right through the right bicep of his target.

Rekia hits Fighter 1 for 6 damage (12/25)

Rekia gains 11 exp

Seeing the axman in such an unhappy position, Asther figured that the best course of action was to try and finish him off with a swift sword strike. Asther's sword pierced through the fighter's shoulder but, much to the swordsman's surprise, the man was stubborn enough to decide not to fall to the ground, and instead retaliated to the best of his abilities. Forced to wield his weapon with the left hand due to his injury, the axman's blow completely missed Asther, who finished the fight with another swift swing of his sword.

Asther hits Fighter 1 for 8 damage (4/25), Fighter 1 retaliates but misses, Asther follows up and kills Fighter 1

Asther gains 32 exp

jfZRXZw.png

Edited by Enaluxeme

Putting himself between the two burly axe-wielders, Hiero swinged his sword at his opponent. The slash barely missed the man's weapon arm, but managed to hit on the leg instead. Unlike his faster companion, Hiero didn't manage to avoid the opponent's retaliation, suffering a nasty wound on his chest. If he stepped back just a moment later, he would have been dead. Following with an upwards attack, the young swordsman managed to inflict an equally terrible wound on his enemy.

Hiero hits Fighter 2 for 11 damage (14/25), Fighter 2 retaliates hitting Hiero for 7 damage (14/21), Hiero follows up and hits Fighter 2 for 11 damage (3/25)

Hiero gains 11 exp

For SullyMcGully and Michelaar

Spoiler

rUalv0Z.png"I am Maurice, kiddo. But yes, stay behind us both."

The wounded fighter opted to avoid Hiero and take on a better target. He got around both him and and Abeloth to attack Rekia, who just barely managed to avoid the axe.

Fighter 2 attacks Rekia, but misses

Rekia gains 1 exp

The group saw the woman in pink retreating, but heard the steps of more enemies coming closer.

tEoBwEH.png

After missing his first attack, Lowe quiets down and stares at his hand for a moment before looking up to see his teammates assault the fighter he missed. 'Good work but...' he then spins on his heel and looks at the wounded fighter behind Rekia. "LETS TRY THIS AGAIN"

Lowe stays at B16, attacks fighter at B18

As he deftly managed to avoid the near-dead fighter, Rekia turned and spat venom at Hiero. "You useless merc! You know how this is supposed to work, right? You're supposed to take care of these assholes, not lead them straight to me!" He looked around and saw an opportunity to enter the stronghold. "Sicon! Asther! Cover me!" He hugged the wall as he snuck in and saw a mercenary, a female mage and, terrifyingly, a swordmaster. Closing his eyes and saying a quick prayer, he peeked behind the corner and loosed an arrow at the tough-looking mercenary.

Rekia moves to B13 and attacks Maurice

He looked at the swordmaster a little closer as he fired. "He looks familiar..."

Sicon kept running forward, with Rekia barking at him, Asher(?), and one of the others. Sicon stood next to him, blocking the hallway. "You know, hunter, it might serve you well to tone down the condescention in your voice." He then turned to the group of armed enemies ahead.

"You know, it's a real shame. You don't look like inherently bad people. Pity the lot of you are thieves and kidnappers. We might have let you live otherwise."

He snapped his throwing lance from his back, taking it in hand.

Sicon to C13, chuck the Javelin at Maurice out of obligation, hope everyone else listens to him.

Edited by ThicreanPhoenix

Lowe's fireball completely incinerated the poor fighter, who couldn't move fast enough to avoid it as a result of his injuries.

Lowe attacks and kills Fighter 2

Lowe gains 32 exp

After shouting at the companions who failed at protecting him, Rekia shot an arrow at Maurice.

rUalv0Z.png"Eh, you look like a mercenary too. You should know, it's just business, and I didn't kidnap anyone anyway."

It was a good shot, but the man's armor managed to absorb most of the hit.

Rekia hits Maurice for 4 damage (19/23)

Rekia gains 12 exp

Altough Sicon was less abrasive than the archer, his attack against Maurice was much stronger. Again, the mercenary's armor ptrotected its wearer, but the sheer force of the impact damaged Maurice considerably. The javelin magically got back into Sicon's hand, as it was enchanted like all the weapons of its kind. Looking at the way the man moved in his armor tho maximize the absorption of damage rather than just passively wearing the protection was a fine learning experience for the soldier.

Sicon hits Maurice for 8 damage (11/23)

Sicon gains 11 exp

Level up! +1 Skl +1 Spd, +1 Def

38WNz0i.png

"Asther, attack him! He's almost down. There's something else I have to tend to."

Abeloth moves to D13 and talks to Radle.

"I know your face. Wherever I know you from, it was in Mideben. What is your name? I feel as though you don't grasp the situation here as well as we do."