A PSA from your FE Warriors Editor

Jedi

Personally, character roster doesn't interest me in the slightest anymore due to the heated debates and whining.

From what I've seen, I'm going to enjoy the mechanics of this game and the dragonstone alarm clock and hoping for the best for how the rest of the world receives this game.

All I'm hoping for is a decent amount of content like Hyrule Warriors' "post game" adventure map. Regardless of character movesets, those maps were fun, challenging, and sometimes frustrating.

Even after getting used to the system and upgrading your characters to a decent level... You still had a bunch of walls to climb.

To this day, Belinda and I haven't finished it 100%. And that's okay.

This non completion problem for me will be a lot better with FE Warriors considering the system is portable.

Edited by shadowofchaos

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I want is Sakura and I think she'll get in, but I won't be that surprised if she doesn't. Regardless, Lissa and (potentially) Tiki are going to be really fun to play as.

Am I the only one hoping for a Female Robin skin for Robin?

19 minutes ago, Pokechu said:

Nah, I kind of hope for this too. She's better than male Robin to me. Though I doubt it'll happen because of them basically deconfirming male Corrin by pointing out that Corrin is female in the game.

2 hours ago, Pokechu said:

I hope so, male Corrin too. 

There's still a small part of me hoping they've implemented a Robin/Corrin editor with access to the original hair/face/size changes, and that's how you'll access the gender switching. 

MRobin and FCorrin would still be used for the story, but in the colliseum and free mode, you'd get you own version, or something. Considering the main character of FEW was originally going to be customizable, they could already have an idea of what this could perform like in-game? I don't know, just spitballing.

2 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

I hope so, male Corrin too. 

There's still a small part of me hoping they've implemented a Robin/Corrin editor with access to the original hair/face/size changes, and that's how you'll access the gender switching. 

MRobin and FCorrin would still be used for the story, but in the colliseum and free mode, you'd get you own version, or something. Considering the main character of FEW was originally going to be customizable, they could already have an idea of what this could perform like in-game? I don't know, just spitballing.

I don't think so. Maybe in a sequel, they'll allow both genders of Robin and Corrin in. Actually, it would be awesome if Kris would also be added. Kris is the original playable Avatar of Fire Emblem after all. 

17 hours ago, Slumber said:

The more I think about it, and the more I think about "unorthodox" characters, the more I want the game to do well. Which brings me back around to wanting to buy this.

Imagine the possibilities. Imagine Marty going toe-to-toe with Barthe. I mean, there's 0 chance of that, even if they pick super obscure, but trying to imagine those two extreme units and how a fight between them would go down would be so dumb.

Marty, Treck, Gonzales, Ardan all having the greatest party. 

16 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

And they are well withing their rights to lay down those guidelines. It's not strong arming, it's making sure that their property is used the way they want. I don't see a problem with this.

Too much control can limit creativity, is my main point here, they are in their rights to do what they are, but it could limit the product in the end. That's my main beef with it.

@Arthur97 I think the point that's rubbed some of us the wrong way is how it's stated: it sounds like Koei was focused on characters with unique movesets, but haven't been able to do so as much because IS pushed them towards popularity polls.

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

@Arthur97 I think the point that's rubbed some of us the wrong way is how it's stated: it sounds like Koei was focused on characters with unique movesets, but haven't been able to do so as much because IS pushed them towards popularity polls.

But you need both. Unique is great and all, but it doesn't always bring in the crowds. I wish they used different ways of measuring popularity myself (or at least do a poll that isn't majorly broken in some way). Still, from the sounds of it, they simply requested that a few characters be put in and pointed them in a particular direction. That kind of stuff just comes with the territory of licensing. Besides, given some of the stuff that KT has produced, I'd probably want to keep them on a tighter least than they are.

11 hours ago, Pokechu said:

Pretty sure you're the only one, yup.

I sooner expect FRobin and MCorrin to be completely separate characters who come in as DLC.

17 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

But you need both. Unique is great and all, but it doesn't always bring in the crowds. I wish they used different ways of measuring popularity myself (or at least do a poll that isn't majorly broken in some way). Still, from the sounds of it, they simply requested that a few characters be put in and pointed them in a particular direction. That kind of stuff just comes with the territory of licensing. Besides, given some of the stuff that KT has produced, I'd probably want to keep them on a tighter least than they are.

From the sounds of it, we'll have to agree to disagree. I originally didn't want to bring a fight into the mix, but I guess I got too passionate there, I just don't really trust Nintendo much to make solid decisions when they take over creative control, thanks to a few things in the previous years like the full downfall of Paper Mario, and a number of other incidents. 

You have your reasons for being fine with it, I have mine for my thoughts, and I think it'll be best if we stepped away from it. Sorry about making a big deal out of it.

3 hours ago, Jedi said:

I just don't really trust Nintendo much to make solid decisions when they take over creative control, thanks to a few things in the previous years like the full downfall of Paper Mario, and a number of other incidents. 

Nintendo is really....weird when it comes to overseeing series. They seemed to be fairly supportive with Hyrule warriors and their reaction to the Bayoneta team wondering if they should tone her down their reaction was pretty much ''Are you guys nuts?''

But with Paper Mario they seemed to have deliberately tried to strip it of its identity and shove it towards the style of new super Mario bros. The less said about Metroid the better. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

20 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

But with Paper Mario they seemed to have deliberately tried to strip it of its identity and shove it towards the style of new super Mario bros. The less said about Metroid the better.

To be fair, the Paper Mario business was Miyamoto's fault, not Nintendo as a whole. And Miyamoto has nothing to do with FE. Besides, I feel IS started finding a good groove for Paper Mario again with Color Splash. It's honestly pretty good and got positive reviews overall. The common perception I saw of it was "it's not TTYD or SPM, but it's Sticker Star actually done right."

Edited by Anacybele

3 hours ago, Jedi said:

From the sounds of it, we'll have to agree to disagree. I originally didn't want to bring a fight into the mix, but I guess I got too passionate there, I just don't really trust Nintendo much to make solid decisions when they take over creative control, thanks to a few things in the previous years like the full downfall of Paper Mario, and a number of other incidents. 

You have your reasons for being fine with it, I have mine for my thoughts, and I think it'll be best if we stepped away from it. Sorry about making a big deal out of it.

15 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Nintendo is really....weird when it comes to overseeing series. They seemed to be fairly supportive with Hyrule warriors and their reaction to the Bayoneta team wondering if they should tone her down their reaction was pretty much ''Are you guys nuts?''

Color Splash actually wasn't awful and I'm like one of ten people who liked Other M.

As for creative licence, I trust them more than the people behind Dead or Alive.

So far, Nintendo has apparently made sure that the characters stay, well, in character and have made sure that they don't cut out some of the most popular choices because they aren't "unique" enough which just would have made fans angrier than they already are. FE also just requires more attentions with it's diversity of characters and personalities. I'm not just fine with it, I support it. Creativity probably should not be what you expect when you agree to play with other people's toys.

33 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Color Splash actually wasn't awful and I'm like one of ten people who liked Other M.

I respect color splash for being a step in the right direction. I view it as I do Super Paper Mario. Its a paper Mario that's just different rather then not being a paper Mario like sticker star.

But pretty much every NPC being a toad and that they almost all look the same does strike me as an indication they weren't allowed to get too wacky. 

17 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I respect color splash for being a step in the right direction. I view it as I do Super Paper Mario. Its a paper Mario that's just different rather then not being a paper Mario like sticker star.

But pretty much every NPC being a toad and that they almost all look the same does strike me as an indication they weren't allowed to get too wacky. 

At the very least, the dialogue was great.

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

At the very least, the dialogue was great.

It was! I got surprisingly invested in a talking paint bucket. I think its very much to the game's credit that so many regular looking toads have a personality. But that does make it more noticeable that they should have unique designs like the wanabe superhero getting the matching outfit or the sage having a big beard. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

I will admit, the biggest problem with Color Splash is the generic Toad overload. It got boring seeing the same Toads over and over. But besides this, I loved the game! And the dialogue was indeed awesome.

Luigi's role was especially awesome, even if it wasn't that big (when can we have playable Luigi again, IS?). HIS DEATH STARE FROM MARIO KART WAS REFERENCED. XD

2 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

As for creative licence, I trust them more than the people behind Dead or Alive.

Ah I was wondering when someone would pull out the Dead or Alive card.

Omega Force is the main driving force of Warriors games and they were a branch of Koei's unrelated to Tecmo before the merger, Team Ninja only usually helps with mechanics & gameplay stuff (as seen with Final Fantasy Dissidia NT), and Other M's gameplay, the one thing that was actually done fine in said game was them. The series Team Ninja has usual full control with are Ninja Gaiden & DoA alone.

Edited by Jedi

47 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Omega Force is the main driving force of Warriors games and they were a branch of Koei's unrelated to Tecmo before the merger, Team Ninja only usually helps with mechanics & gameplay stuff (as seen with Final Fantasy Dissidia NT), and Other M's gameplay, the one thing that was actually done fine in said game was them. The series Team Ninja has usual full control with are Ninja Gaiden & DoA alone.

Ah yes, this is actually true; from the mouth of Hayashi himself in regards to HW:

Omega Force were kind enough to create the “basic Dynasty Warriors style gameplay”, Team Ninja made the “one-on one” and “boss battles” sections for us, and Nintendo gave us the “understanding required for the Zelda series”. As we were using the Zelda IP, Nintendo did detailed checks at the beginning of development, but what really stood out from a developmental perspective was Nintendo’s constant encouragement to “take a freer approach in the creation process”.

EDIT: It does make me wonder if they're helping out with similiar stuff this time around.

Edited by Folt

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

It still seems odd to expect no governance when working with other people's IP. We aren't going to agree, but perhaps you should avoid saying things like they were strong armed if you don't want people to oppose you.

Edited by Arthur97

5 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

and I'm like one of ten people who liked Other M.

Ah, I was wondering when the sixth of us would admit it - welcome!

Anyway, I say Nintendo has loosened up with its properties a lot in the last ten to twenty years. Hell, the very first third party to take on one of their IPs was Rareware's Donkey Kong Country for the SNES. And that came about because a guy at NoA that wanted to hire Rare swore to NoJ that these guys were incredible game designers, to which several higher ups (including Miyamoto and Yokoi) vehemently disagreed. Only Japanese could make successful video games. Now we live in a world of nintendo amusement parks and Mario games debuting at non Nintendo conferences at E3.

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

It still seems odd to expect no governance when working with other people's IP. We aren't going to agree, but perhaps you should avoid saying things like they were strong armed if you don't want people to oppose you.

I'm not expecting no governance, I was just hoping they'd be laid back like they were with Hyrule Warriors, but it seems like its not the case.

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I'm not expecting no governance, I was just hoping they'd be laid back like they were with Hyrule Warriors, but it seems like its not the case.

Of course, because there's more to keep in line. While IS cares a little too much about flawed popularity polls for my tastes, KT seems to not care about that kind of stuff enough. Maybe this way we can get a happy medium. Besides, they seem laid back enough. You make it sound like they're redoing everything they submit.

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

Of course, because there's more to keep in line. While IS cares a little too much about flawed popularity polls for my tastes, KT seems to not care about that kind of stuff enough. Maybe this way we can get a happy medium. Besides, they seem laid back enough. You make it sound like they're redoing everything they submit.

KT literally does polls that determine the next characters in Dynasty Warriors. Its how we got Zhou Cang despite him not actually existing in history. Or Chen Gong in DW8XL 

You're making a lot of assumptions as to how they work, and its mostly coming off as salt from Lucina's moveset still.

Edited by Jedi

Just now, Jedi said:

KT literally does polls that determine the next characters in Dynasty Warriors polls. Its how we got Zhou Cang despite him not actually existing in history. Or Chen Gong in DW8XL 

You're making a lot of assumptions as to how they work.

They apparently didn't care too much about the FE ones and that's what matters here.