What spin offs would you like to see?

Ronnie

We've seen Warriors, Heroes and a cross over with SMT. What other spin offs would you like to see? Even if they're completely unlikely to happen.

inb4 dating simulator I'd want a Fire Emblem fighting game. Imagine how SICK it would be to have a Soulcalibur version of Fire Emblem.

Edited by Ronnie

I mean. A dating sim is the most logical spin-off at this point.

Seriously though, I would like more of an action-RPG type deal with the Fire Emblem classes and other systems. Maybe something like Dragon's Dogma but like. With polish and stuff.

1. FE x Zelda! It'd work great! Both have medieval themes and swords and stuff. And it would work if the gameplay is akin to Echoes, since it has dungeons. Zelda has them too, and what fun would it be to be able to pick an FE or Zelda character to clear a dungeon or explore an area with? You could have a party of characters like Miyamoto originally envisioned for ALttP and play that way. Ever Oasis has something like that too. I played the demo for that one, so I'm a bit familliar with it. Then for features from FE, we'd get leveling up, support conversations, and that stuff.

2. FE Fighters. Maybe not actually titled that, but a fighting game would be awesome too. We have a lot of awesome characters and play styles that could be included in such a thing!

Edited by Anacybele

It would be interesting to see what kind of Pokémon teams certain Fire Emblem characters would have. Plus, it'd be a neat opportunity to also dress them up in stylish, modern clothes. There's a lot of fan art of that, which I love, but this'd make that official!

Perhaps a Fire Emblem crossover with Xenoblade. The setting would be very Fire Emblem with one or two Xenoblade elements, while the game itself is open-world exploration like Xenoblade. The combat combines Xenoblade's real-time fighting using a team of characters, with Fire Emblem's emphasis on strategy.

An FE Party game of some description. Don't ask why, I don't know myself.

Also another JRPG which focuses more on Fire Emblems theme more than what TMS did. I like TMS, but i isn't really what I wanted from an FE based JRPG.

Since I've been in the mood, A Princess Maker crossover. Not sure who would be the "princess" though. I guess Lalum and/or Corrin sort of have a similar backstory to the princess in the game though.

24 minutes ago, Azz said:

Also another JRPG which focuses more on Fire Emblems theme more than what TMS did. I like TMS, but i isn't really what I wanted from an FE based JRPG.

Let's be honest. I'm sure most of us when looking at the redesigns thought to ourselves: "what the fuuuu--?"

I'd be down for another turn-based RPG with actual FE designs.

7 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Let's be honest. I'm sure most of us when looking at the redesigns thought to ourselves: "what the fuuuu--?"

I'd be down for another turn-based RPG with actual FE designs.

TMS likely ruined any chances of that happening in the near future.

A 2D action platformer FE in the vein of Mega Man Zero.

44 minutes ago, Thane said:

It would be interesting to see what kind of Pokémon teams certain Fire Emblem characters would have. Plus, it'd be a neat opportunity to also dress them up in stylish, modern clothes. There's a lot of fan art of that, which I love, but this'd make that official!

That was actually considered prior to TMS, but Pokemon Conquest was already in development. I do hope they revisit that idea though. 

26 minutes ago, Azz said:

I'd play Fire Emblem Party. I have no idea how it'd work though. Although one thing's for sure, it'd be just as luck based as Mario Party.

Kart racing... but seriously, a fighter would be the best. Otherwise a crossover with Ogre Battle or Shining Force would be nice (provided the rights for those series did not disappear into the aether). At least a Shining Force crossover would give those people who made a big fuss over the Laguz as then there would be actual furries/anthros rather than animal-eared people. 

A crossover between Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei? When did that happen?

Joking aside, an Advance Wars crossover might be interesting. The co-operation of another company wouldn't be required and it might breath new life into Advance Wars. They could mix and match gameplay aspects between the two franchises, though admittedly the plot would have to be pretty contrived to make this happen.

Edited by The Baroness of Blainswal

"FE Warriors: The Elibe/Judgral/Magvel/Tellius edition. No Archaneans and Fates land people!"

ok maybe not.

um, a crossover between Fire Emblem and Legend of Zelda sounds good.

How about Pokemon Conquest, but with Fire emblem characters? I'd heard a Fire emblem/Pokemon crossover was the original idea and I'd think it would be fun to see which Pokemon every character gets.

6 hours ago, Sasori said:

How about Pokemon Conquest, but with Fire emblem characters? I'd heard a Fire emblem/Pokemon crossover was the original idea and I'd think it would be fun to see which Pokemon every character gets.

Ryoma gets Crawdaunt that's for sure.

I feel like Intelligent Systems could make a Fire Emblem storybook game akin to the Paper Mario series using the Heroes chibi sprites. It wouldn't be a true crossover, but there could always be that one child NPC who says he read "The Thousand-Year Door" recently.

I would love to see a spin off game that focuses on a single character or a few characters to tell a story that happened either alongside another FE, before, after, or between two of them. Almost like how Shadow of Mordor takes place in between the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings. I think that concept could work really well for a Fire Emblem game.

It could really be any genre, depending on what character they decide to focus on but I think it would be a great idea. Any chance to take Fire Emblem from its typical tactical commanding point of view the player typically has to a view more from that of the actual unit would be awesome.

Personally though, I would absolutely love to see an action stealth game centered around Volke and his missions in PoR, RD, and inbetween the two. Something similar to that of Shadow of Mordor gameplay would be the best imo, including the system of taking out commanders and all of that. Especially if it contained a few chapters from those respective games, or maps from them like the chapter Volke is recruited from in PoR or a map designed after one of Begnion's mansions like Oliver is in.

Edited by Tolvir

A Total War game in the vein of Hyrule: Total War. I'd like it to be either a game with different scenarios for each game's world (i.e. an Akaneia scenario where Altea, Akaniea, Gra Grust, Macedon, etc. are playable, with each game getting a similar scenario) or a dream game where you can play as any of the nations from across the series.

12 hours ago, Sasori said:

I wholeheartedly support this as well. If Takumi's starter/perfect link is the Rowlet line then that's even better.

Edited by AzureSen

6 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Ryoma gets Crawdaunt that's for sure.

No way, he should get...darn it, what's that paper mache-looking samurai Ultra Beast? THAT guy fits Ryoma perfectly.

I'm not big on the idea of Pokemon crossing over with FE, as it sounds weird to me, but Ike better get Braviary. They both fight for their friends and Ike likes birds! In fact, I can see him with a whole bird team:

- Braviary for obvious reasons (and it's the closest thing we have to the hawk laguz)

- Staraptor because it's awesome

- Talonflame because it's awesome and has fire (Ike sometimes does as well)

- Decidueye because why not, it seems like something Ike would use

- Swanna, because why not add a Water type to complete the triangle here, and Pelipper is stupid (also, Swanna is the closest thing we have to a heron laguz)

- Mega Pidgeot so he can use a Mega Stone

Blaziken might be a decent option too since fans like to associate Ike with chicken, but I think he's is more for birds that fly.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

No way, he should get...darn it, what's that paper mache-looking samurai Ultra Beast? THAT guy fits Ryoma perfectly.

*goes to Bulbapedia*

Kartana

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

*goes to Bulbapedia*

Kartana

Yes, exactly! Samurais ftw! And Kartana's name is even from the word katana.

Edited by Anacybele

I would really love an Animal Crossing x FE crossover where all of the villagers are Fire Emblem characters. That would be so cute! It would be random, but so adorable.

Especially after seeing this:

I know I'd love to see other Fire Emblem characters like Faye or Cordelia in this form!