What spin offs would you like to see?

Ronnie

Hmm, there's quite a few I would like to see.

I would love to see a Romance of Three Kingdoms styled FE game where you assume a more interactive role with certain characters.  Others did mention a Pokemon Conquest styled FE game, which could work as well and would be pretty interesting.

Others also said a fighting game, and I'm for that idea.

Even though I don't have a lot of issues about TMS, I'd like to see an actual SMT x FE game where I can somehow have a team with Demi-Fiend and Ike fighting against Lucifer.

And I'm not opposed to that one idea that IS had about making and FE game in a futuristic or modern time setting rather than medieval.  I want this more than I probably should.

On 7/15/2017 at 6:07 PM, Gustavos said:

Fire Emblem Theatrhythm

This, this, all of this.

If there was a proper FE Fighter, what would it be like you think?  Personally I'd want it to either be like Soul Caliber or by Arksys, akin to Guilty Gear or BlazBlue.  But who'd play different roles?  I.E the Ryu, the Ken, the Grappler, that sort of thing?

5 minutes ago, Protato said:

If there was a proper FE Fighter, what would it be like you think?  Personally I'd want it to either be like Soul Caliber or by Arksys, akin to Guilty Gear or BlazBlue.  But who'd play different roles?  I.E the Ryu, the Ken, the Grappler, that sort of thing?

Magic users could easily be the shotos but instead of Hadoukens it's Elfire lol.

Honestly a Soulcalibur style would be ideal but then you start thinking about the mounted units like Great Knights or Wyvern Riders. It seems like the Naruto (or Dissidia) style of arena fighters might work better so you have regular units and mounted units fighting it out in a larger map.

2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Magic users could easily be the shotos but instead of Hadoukens it's Elfire lol.

Honestly a Soulcalibur style would be ideal but then you start thinking about the mounted units like Great Knights or Wyvern Riders. It seems like the Naruto (or Dissidia) style of arena fighters might work better so you have regular units and mounted units fighting it out in a larger map.

Honestly yeah, but for a Shotoclone I think Robin might be a good pick, just give him the Levin Sword and flavor his non-melee attacks as being bolts of light launched from said sword.  Maybe the other Shotoclone could be Roy with the Sword of Seals, plays a bit heavier but overall fairly similar?  Cavalry and Flying units could be very powerful solely due to mobility, but maybe other stats could be kind of bad to compensate? 

I'd love to see that scrapped Pokémon x FE game one day. Making up Pokémon teams for characters is always an interesting exercise, and for FE characters you could base them on their personnality and their fighting style, plus affinity for those from the games where it's a thing. Calling dibs on Umbreon for Soren.

Judging by the comments on how IntSys wants to make a game with a multiple paths and wants to emphasize their stories, I think they just want to make a visual novel but Nintendo won't let them. But speculation aside, I would love to see a more adult version of TMS with a lot darker themes. Atlus apparently abandoned the whole smt x fe idea pretty early on but it seemed to pretty much abandon the fe part too and just made a "how Atlus would make a Nintendo game". One of the songs (Dream Catcher) even seems earily similar to Calamari Inkantation from Splatoon. I wouldn't mind if it still was colourful, but a story with actual substance would be nice.

As for other spin offs, the developers once mentioned that they had many ideas where to take the series, like a modern setting or a setting in outer space. I don't know about space but modern setting could be interesting. I don't know if they should substitute pegasus with scooters or keep the pegasus as a magical element but it might be interesting. I don't know if they really should make a main series installment with a modern setting at this point, but it could work as a spin off.

Arc System Works announced a while ago Blazblue Cross Tag Battle. I'd personally love to see something like that. Even a Fire Emblem 2d fighter, like some other people seem to have suggested on this thread, would be cool, but just imagine fighting Ragna the Bloodedge with Chrom or something like that. I'd like that.

Just in general, any spin off that acknowledges some "less known" games (Genealogy of the Holy War etc) would be appreciated.

FExDragon Quest, FExFinal Fantasy, FExTales Series, FExDragon Age Series.

i chose these ones because they all can suit most of all the FE games' stories. However, out of the list the one I see most happening is either FExDragon Quest or FExFinal Famtasy because I don't really think the Tales Series is as popular as the other two and there's definitely no way Nintendo would get close to the makers of Dragon Age.

Fire Emblem X Civilization

Now before I started watching Mang’s playthrough of this mod that makes civilization into a game with fire emblem characters, I saw the name pop up a few times from this programming dude I watched javascript tutorials from. I got pretty bored with the game pretty fast.

But after seeing Mangs, I looked into the game a little more and find some fun out of it. I saw a whole series of ai only battles that were semi interesting. What I enjoy about the game is how everything happens outside a single city. One would HAVE to go out and explore for some resources to come back and add to the town (or make a new one). The player have to be careful with his actions and interactions with the other kingdoms or things will go south.

Fire emblem would fit well into this format. It's simple strategic combat could fit perfectly with the slightly more complex goals of growing an empire. Fire emblem has the character development, interesting settings, and a fantasy genre that could mix well with civilization’s  world development ability. Your character could lead a band into the unknown to fight bandits, warriors, undead, and more or send generals or minions to do so for him while he handles more important tasks.Building assets will be essential for progressing and promotions into swordmasters, heroes, and more would be the table changer to whomever your character would be warring against  Instead of the tiny one- two hit in civilization, interactions between  two opposing armies will trigger the trademark FE battle with  a map that changes depending on the tile a band attacks on and sieges on castles or forts would generate a map of epic scales.

Important characters would be the commanding officers of whatever unit you send to handle something. If course, you could skip the battles if they are not important. Special quests that could be located anywhere in the world, even in enemy territory, could unlock awesome weapons and resources or could recruit some fantastic additions to your kingdom.

Something like that would be awesome to me: starting off as a lesser Lord or who defeats, assists, or unite foreign kingdoms so he could then take down the big baddie. Hell, even the idea of leading a massive army against an equally huge force so the main character could strike down the villain with his sacred sword sounds cool.

That is the one thing that would slightly bug me in fire emblem: despite it being hinted at times, we could never actually take control of an actual army.

On 2017-7-16 at 7:50 PM, Tolvir said:

I would love to see a spin off game that focuses on a single character or a few characters to tell a story that happened either alongside another FE, before, after, or between two of them. Almost like how Shadow of Mordor takes place in between the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings. I think that concept could work really well for a Fire Emblem game.

It could really be any genre, depending on what character they decide to focus on but I think it would be a great idea. Any chance to take Fire Emblem from its typical tactical commanding point of view the player typically has to a view more from that of the actual unit would be awesome.

Personally though, I would absolutely love to see an action stealth game centered around Volke and his missions in PoR, RD, and inbetween the two. Something similar to that of Shadow of Mordor gameplay would be the best imo, including the system of taking out commanders and all of that. Especially if it contained a few chapters from those respective games, or maps from them like the chapter Volke is recruited from in PoR or a map designed after one of Begnion's mansions like Oliver is in.

These are such good ideas. It'd be a great way to revisit games/worlds without having to force full-blown sequels. I personally love the Volke idea. They could easily also make a Lucina spin-off action RPG taking place before she travels to the past, with the other kid units as your party members. Or a Black Fang Assassin's Creed type game exploring what they were like before Nergal showed up. Not to mention there's plenty of character endings that have people disappearing or going on journeys.

55 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

These are such good ideas. It'd be a great way to revisit games/worlds without having to force full-blown sequels. I personally love the Volke idea. They could easily also make a Lucina spin-off action RPG taking place before she travels to the past, with the other kid units as your party members. Or a Black Fang Assassin's Creed type game exploring what they were like before Nergal showed up. Not to mention there's plenty of character endings that have people disappearing or going on journeys.

Yep. A game based on Luthier or Kliff and wherever they went could be fun, especially in a dragon age/Baldurs Gate style game. Ike and wherever he goes at the end of RD could be a great set up for a good hack and slash style RPG. So much potential with these characters that they can tap into.

A Fire Emblem like Dragonball Xenoverse.  Where you could create your own custom character and directly control their combat and get points when you level up and decide which stats get leveled up and decide how you want to specialize, buy moves and equipment, etc.

Also being able to go on quests or missions online with other avatars would be awesome or even fight against them.

Edited by LordOTaco

Fire Emblem: IN SPACE is just so ridiculous to the point that it has to get made eventually. I seriously think it could have a really distinctive aestetic.

Failing that a real time strategy game could be a fun alternative to the current set up. Could be especially interesting if they reuse some maps (though since non grid based rts games need larger maps to utilize terrain Holy War maps might be the only ones that fit...which is certainly not a bad thing. Im crazy to seea return to Jugdral.

Not really a spin off but my favourite idea for a Fire Emblem game is some kind of Fire Emblem Chronicle. A game made purely of the DLC content where you play as seperate characters for a single map detailing events weve heard of but never actually seen unfold in the series. Basically a revival of Archanea Saga covering the entire series. Aside from pure fan service it could also provide for some rightly designed maps and some fu n playing with old mechanics.

On Wednesday, July 26, 2017 at 7:44 PM, Kahvi said:

Judging by the comments on how IntSys wants to make a game with a multiple paths and wants to emphasize their stories, I think they just want to make a visual novel but Nintendo won't let them. But speculation aside, I would love to see a more adult version of TMS with a lot darker themes. Atlus apparently abandoned the whole smt x fe idea pretty early on but it seemed to pretty much abandon the fe part too and just made a "how Atlus would make a Nintendo game". One of the songs (Dream Catcher) even seems earily similar to Calamari Inkantation from Splatoon. I wouldn't mind if it still was colourful, but a story with actual substance would be nice.

As for other spin offs, the developers once mentioned that they had many ideas where to take the series, like a modern setting or a setting in outer space. I don't know about space but modern setting could be interesting. I don't know if they should substitute pegasus with scooters or keep the pegasus as a magical element but it might be interesting. I don't know if they really should make a main series installment with a modern setting at this point, but it could work as a spin off.

Arc System Works announced a while ago Blazblue Cross Tag Battle. I'd personally love to see something like that. Even a Fire Emblem 2d fighter, like some other people seem to have suggested on this thread, would be cool, but just imagine fighting Ragna the Bloodedge with Chrom or something like that. I'd like that.

Just in general, any spin off that acknowledges some "less known" games (Genealogy of the Holy War etc) would be appreciated.

Why would Nintendo stop them making a visual novel? Not like it world really be a particularly risky endeavor.

Edited by Jotari

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

Why would Nintendo stop them making a visual novel? Not like it world really be a particularly risky endeavor.

I was just speculating. In the marketing of Fates the story aspect seemed to be emphasized. I have no idea what goes inside IntSys or Nintendo or if they'd actually want to make a visual novel.

Suddenly I thought of having a Fire Emblem: Total War title. I know Hyrule: Total War exists, but having a Fire Emblem version of Total War may be fun. It supposedly works with Warhammer (haven't tried it because of the DLC practices), so why not Fire Emblem?

Or maybe even a Stronghold type game, which was a castle simulation franchise. It may be fun managing a kingdom and and estate in the Fire Emblem universe.

• 1 month later...

Bump.

I've been thinking about the way Final Fantasy has done certain things and how FE could go a similar route. I think Warriors has shown people really want a crossover among the different FE universes. So I think Dissidia is a good model for how this could be done with the chance to include all games.

Dissidia FF is a fighting game that includes all main characters from the FF games. So the FE version would follow suit and have the base roster be Marth (Falchion), Alm (Falchion/bow), Celica (Zofia/magic), Sigurd (Tyrfing, mounted), Seliph (Tyrfing, foot), Leif (Light Sword, foot), Roy (Binding Blade), Eliwood (Durandal, mounted), Hector (Armads), Lyn (Sol Katti/bow), Eirika (Sieglinde, mounted), Ephraim (Siegmund, foot), Ike (Ragnell/Urvan), Micaiah (light magic/recovery), Chrom (Falchion/lance), Lucina (Parallel Falchion/Geirskögul), Corrin (Yato/breath), Azura (lances), and FE16 MCs. Unlockables would bring villains and other favourites. My personal picks would be: Tiki (breath), Caeda (Wing Spear/sword), Minerva (axes), Arvis (fire magic), Lyon (dark magic), Black Knight (Alondite), Robin (Levin sword/magic/Grima powers), Camilla (axes/magic), Takumi (bows), and the villain of FE16. They could also further expand the roster with updates or DLC. As far as mechanics there could be supports, pair up, and equippable skills. The story would be totally new with the FE characters being summoned to help as in Heroes.

Thoughts?

I'm down for a Fire Emblem fighter, or a crossover with Pokemon.

But what I'd really like to see is...a Mystery Dungeon x Fire Emblem. Now hear me out.

We have explorable dungeons in SoV, but what if we expanded them? Say...something happens and the lords are thrown into the same world, and they need to search for the Fire Emblem bit by bit. Due to the Fire Emblem being different in all the worlds, with some not having one at all, they're all clueless to what they need to look for. Until Anna comes along and gives them a hint. The parts are scattered at the end of various dungeons, but there's an evil dragon rising so they can't all go to the same dungeon. They need to split up. So you play through various routes with different lords all mix and matched, opening opportunities for supports with, say, Chrom and Ephraim and the like. Eventually, they all meet up, kinda like in Future Past 3, and they need to go through a big ass dungeon, but this time, YOU get to choose the team. Then they defeat the evil dragon and peace is restored and they all go back to their own worlds.

I dunno, I think it would be interesting.