Anyone have trouble connecting to Splatoon 2 Splatfest World Premiere for Splatfest?

King Marth 64

I am participating for the Team Cake vs. Team Ice Cream Splatfest in the Splatoon 2 Splatfest World Premiere Demo for Team Cake. But, I managed to get the good internet connection working in my Nintendo Switch console by connecting through a Hotspot that I managed to my phone, I had to wait for players (it's required for 4 vs. 4) that were searching through the Splatfest. I had to wait 2 hours for a battle due to the Time Limit and sometimes the error connection said it wouldn't connect through the other console (I have no idea about that one?), I can't seem to get enough players to join due to the Time Limit. Is Team Cake really that low because I did heard people saying about Team Ice Cream is being higher than Team Cake (I am not entirely sure about that one) or is it just Splatfests are really picky to get amount of team mate required. I did get the original Splatoon for my Wii U console since Christmas, but I did missed all of them since I was really busy and didn't know the entire Splatfest schedule back then. This is technically my first time to be entering in an official Splatfest battle in the series.

Edited by King Marth 64

Not really I had a couple times where I was forced out of lobbies but nothing else really.  Just try again and/or reset your router it is probably only on your end. But I'm team ice cream so maybe it is something to do a team cake I doubt it I've played against plenty of members of team cake (I had a couple matches of ice cream versus ice cream not if sure this is common this is my first Spatfest as well despite owning the original game lol).

Edited by Locke087