"Waifu Emblem" Features.

Waifu Emblem Features Poll  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the three FE features do you want to see in the next installment? Character creation, romance, or breeding?

• All three.
    • Character creation is liked, but no romance or children.
    • Character creation and romance are liked, but they better have a good reason to introduce children.
    • Romance and children are liked, but character creation is best left to the bedroom. *wink* *wink*
    • Romance is liked, but the idea of creation altogether is not.
    • None of the above. Classical experience is the best experience.
    • I have something else in mind.

5 minutes ago, familyplayer said:

While I'd rather not have any, it's more realistic imo to say there will be some of it. Then again, the interview with the SoV makers mentioned how removing these mechanics may seem like removals to the new crowd, while old players know it's more of a return to form. This kinda makes me think they want to take a break from it, at least for a little while.

That's a huge risk I don't see gonna happen it made sense for SoV since there are established couples since its a remake also one reason AW is still in the ground.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

That's a huge risk I don't see gonna happen it made sense for SoV since there are established couples since its a remake also one reason AW is still in the ground.

As I said, I have no idea. Nintendo and IS may take the lower sales of SoV as "we need waifu emblem mechanics" for all I know. Btw, what is AW?

1 minute ago, familyplayer said:

As I said, I have no idea. Nintendo and IS may take the lower sales of SoV as "we need waifu emblem mechanics" for all I know. Btw, what is AW?

Advance Wars. We will run that 'We'd like to make new AW games, but we need to figure out how to fit relationships into it' sucker into the ground until the next AW gets announced.

And if it actually has waifu mechanics...

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Advance Wars. We will run that 'We'd like to make new AW games, but we need to figure out how to fit relationships into it' sucker into the ground until the next AW gets announced.

And if it actually has waifu mechanics...

“Personally, I'd love to do Advance Wars,” Yamagami told Eurogamer, “but since it's harder to create relationships between its characters compared to Fire Emblem, I don't have a clear idea of what kind of setting it could have." 

Holy crap I looked it up and you're right. That's pretty dumb that some people think they can't just make good gameplay-based games when it comes to tatics stuff. 

4 minutes ago, familyplayer said:

“Personally, I'd love to do Advance Wars,” Yamagami told Eurogamer, “but since it's harder to create relationships between its characters compared to Fire Emblem, I don't have a clear idea of what kind of setting it could have." 

Holy crap I looked it up and you're right. That's pretty dumb that some people think they can't just make good gameplay-based games when it comes to tatics stuff. 

And the worst part is I'd love character-development conversations. Fleshing out some of the Wars World cast and their relationships would actually be pretty interesting.

I know that I'm probably a little late to this discussion but I feel that the (Character Creation) methods that worked best for the series when it came to all around likeability at least were the 1: Blazing Sword method (Implementation/execution), 2: FE 12 Method (Bane and Boon choices/personality, 3: Awakening method (Cause we shouldn't have to go back to the affinity system).

5 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

And the worst part is I'd love character-development conversations. Fleshing out some of the Wars World cast and their relationships would actually be pretty interesting.

I honestly don't trust IS anymore when it comes to doing decent character development when waifus and husbandos are on the table.

AW would be 10x more popular with waifus and husbandos, but the integrity of the series would plummet.

Edited by Slumber

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

I honestly don't trust IS anymore when it comes to doing decent character development when waifus and husbandos are on the table.

AW would be 10x more popular with waifus and husbandos, but the integrity of the series would plummet.

Advance Wars with a dating focus, that'd be weird!

Also am I the only one who liked the more realism focus in Days of Ruin.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

I just read this entire thread because I'm retarded like that, and despite me not being a huge fanboy like some people here, I'd like to give my 2 cents on the games:

a) Why ya'll getting mad at shiny jpegs? The more I dwell into a video-game fandom the more I agree with that hockey dude meme.

b) The games have literally the same story, something something emperor, something war until something dragons, I don't get why people says "good story" on this franchise. Gimme good characters, that's all I care and lot of side-content, besides that, the story can be just an average game of chess.

c) I don't care about representation at all, mostly of LGBTWTFBBQ+ are writen so terrible and ambiguous it's almost hard to read as such. That's coming from someone who's most likely bi. Soleil was a particulary bad case of the writer "I don't know what I'm doing" and how things shouldn't be made.

d) Some of you guys seems like to dislike femme fatales/cougars characters like Camilla because muh fanservice in Faia Emburemuu. First, it makes money. Second, fanservice never kills a game as long as they know what and how they are writing. Hell, this's just literally fanservice in the very sense of the word and not something like Crappile Heart games.

e) The moment I knew this franchise had a relationship system, I almost stepped out. Shipping/pairings are cringeworth, people who take them serious are cringey and the dialogues are cheesy as heck. If they want to continue use the system just do it like pre-Awakening games, just people being nice at each other while giving stat boosts, throw in a canon marriage ending and that's about it, IF the game have different generations of characters like in Genealogy of the Holy War, then yeah, don't hold back.

d) About censorship and ~localization~. I like the japanese part of my japanese games, thank you. Take it out from me and I'm probably playing anything else but what I wanted. Yes, this does include covering up females, butchering of fanservice and the so called "creepy" touching mini-game. Also I think it's pretty fair for the "purists" to be mad, pretty sure people would be just as mad if shit came over unchanged. They completly butchered up 'Fates' and 'FE × Persona: The Musical', which, by the way, is so freaking weeb it's almost ironic how and why they changed it, because it was niche of a niche fandom.

Now my opinion into the series entirely, I'm loving the games, mroe for the battle system, I am HUGE fan of games with class systems and FE chess gameplay is a nice change from the Disgaeas and other things I'm accostumed to play, though the maps needs more gimmicks. Even Shadow Dragon which is simplistic and one of the ugliest games I've seem in my 30 years of life is giving me plenty of fun, I also watched entire playthroughs of Awakening and Echoes and the games seems to have a more improved gameplay compared to the games I've tested.

For the last paragraph, give everyone what they want and no one will be picking up pitchforks, let the fanservice exist, let the touching minigame exist, let the homosex exist, let the traps and reverse traps exist, let the cute loli exist, the annoying shota too and everything else that's considered fanservice exist. But don't go changing characters personalities entirely because any kind of reason, you have paid someone a good chunk of money and they spent a good chunk of their time doing it just to it to be changed like it's nothing. "Localization" doesn't iffy me because "lol censorship" as much as it's because I know someone worked hours of their life on something that won't be appreciated by everyone, also Nintendo have to learn that some of their franchise are NOT FOR EVERYONE, even less if it's their fucking JAPANESE(keywork) RPGs.

Edited by Arn

50 minutes ago, Arn said:

The games have literally the same story, something something emperor, something war until something dragons, I don't get why people says "good story" on this franchise.

You can have the same story format but still be good or bad. I remember reading somewhere that there are 7 story formats that any story ever is based of off. It all depends on what the writer does with it.

52 minutes ago, Arn said:

Some of you guys seems like to dislike femme fatales/cougars characters like Camilla because muh fanservice in Faia Emburemuu. First, it makes money.

Just because it makes money doesn't make it good. Likewise, just because something's good doesn't mean it will make a lot of money. 

54 minutes ago, Arn said:

They completly butchered up 'Fates' and 'FE × Persona: The Musical', which, by the way, is so freaking weeb it's almost ironic how and why they changed it, because it was niche of a niche fandom.

54 minutes ago, Arn said:

"Localization" doesn't iffy me because "lol censorship" as much as it's because I know someone worked hours of their life on something that won't be appreciated by everyone, also Nintendo have to learn that some of their franchise are NOT FOR EVERYONE, even less if it's their fucking JAPANESE(keywork) RPGs.

These two statements are confusing, because i can't tell if you're for or against localization.

Also, love how you referred to TMS as a weeb game. Weeb is a term that's been massively overused to the point where it's used for things that don't apply to it. Whenever someone refers to a JRPG as a "weeb game", i just stop taking them seriously, because i know that they don't know what the term means.

I'm not against localization, I'm against of censorship. You don't really need to cut things off to adapt, you don't need to change a character personality because you are assuming people will dislike it. And bad localization doesn't mean censoring or cutting off stuff either, I absolutely despise the use of honorifics like they did on Persona games, I don't like name changes and I know FE have a lot of those, I don't like the use of meymeys because they can't translate a japanese joke well(hello Nippon Ichi America), I don't like half assed things like translating only the texts and leaving the images with moonrunes, I don't like 'Tales of' inconsistence with the localized artes names or just translating the names to something that is nothing related to the original one... I can list a lot more things here.

Sex sells.

You have a the avatar from a series that almost every scene/panel there's someone naked and I'm not talking about Gray here, and the main girl literally flashed her giant tatas to try to get something, while mine is a chubby gluton witch from a over the top anime that while it's not as fanservice as Fary Tail, it's something from Trigger, the same people that made Kill la Kill. I'm pretty sure you and I both know what weeb stands for.

And this... thing people like to call a game is as weeb as I say. It have idols, it have digusting j-pop, it takes place in modern Tokyo, there are semi-nekkid girls, everyone has japanese names... Hell, they didn't even dubbed the shit in english. So please don't even try to deny it's not weeb, it's so weeb that it makes Persona games looks normal, it's clearly something for the hardcore otaku. I'm pretty sure a lot of FE fanboys dislike this game as much as some of the SMT(NOT PERSONA) ones, I'm actually kinda glad they dropped the SMT part of this and just made a Persona with FE characters as the "demons".

Edited by Arn

On 9/8/2017 at 11:34 AM, ElectiveToast said:

Can I still talk? Just going to ask about the storyline. 

Only if you can make it directly relate to the topic itself.  Otherwise, post in an existing topic (if it's relevant) or make a new one.

Goodie! 

So, let's create a hypothetical situation here: assume that because SoV did not sell or score as well as Fates, Nintendo decided that Waifu Emblem is the future of the franchise, and thus all three features discussed are to be included in the next game. You work at Nintendo, and are tasked with creating a setting and story which could fit include these features in such a way that it works. What setting and story could you make to make Waifu Emblem fit in? 

Edited by ElectiveToast

The one where a new topic is made, because at this point you're overdoing the Waifu Emblem thing.  If you can't think of a more neutral way to express it, then perhaps you'd be better off starting a blog.