What's the rarest/most expensive game you own?

Ronnie

Either Conker's Bad Fur Day for the N64, The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition for Gamecube, or Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil as far as games that tend to get bought at high prices by collectors. But I wouldn't call those especially "rare" since so many people know about them. They're high in demand, just not short in supply.

I recently went through a bunch of games I have that are crazy expensive now. I forget what most of them were now. 

My biggest probably would have been my OG copy of Dragon Warrior 7 for the PS1, but that got jacked from me in middle school. 

My copies of PoR and RD are up there. 

Counting DLC, CK2 has to win that over even Fates (though the amount I actually spent is closer), mostly because even at 75% (which I got most of the DLC at, before they got addicted to the DLC madness) there's a lot of it. I don't think I have any title that'd be rare or anything.

(I haven't even gotten any for CK2 in over a year, but it's easily worth over €150 by this point: which beats Fates for sure right now)

Most of the time, I'd be getting games at closer to €40 these days, I'm just not up for spending €60+ each time, especially with DLC on top of that.

I'm not someone who buys special editions, so the highest otherwise would be around €60.

Edited by Dayni

I'm another PoR and RD owner. In fact, I have two copies of RD. One that I keep just as a collection item because it no longer works right, and the other is a properly functioning copy. Found the latter in a Walmart. Just to explain so people don't ask why I have two copies instead of selling one for some extra cash. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Would be FE10 but it's broken now, so it's pretty damn worthless. Don't think I have anything else notable. :U

Back in the day it would have been FE 9 & 10 and Megaman Soccer. But I have lost track of the radiant duology (sadly) and sold the other one.

The only other rare games I own now are Last Story special edition, and Xenoblade for the Wii but none of these yet sell for ludicrous prices though I believe they will someday most likely.

Edited by Locke087

I own both Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, which are pretty difficult to find now days. I also have several PS1 games that I am pretty sure are a hard or rare find, along with a ton of SNES games and Sega Genesis games. Whether they are rare or not I dont know.

As far as games that are on equal level to the price you will have to pay to get RD and PoR, I have Champions of Norrath Return to Arms with its original case and booklet still. There is no way in hell I will sell that game though, I still play that game. I also have Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 1&2 which are about the same price as well. Again, no way those are going anywhere either. I love dungeon crawlers, and those 3 are one of a kind in that genre.

I also have Warcraft 2 still with its original case for both PS1 and PC. I doubt the PC one goes for much though, it doesnt even work on computers anymore. Brigandine with its original case as well, never seen that one anywhere.

Fates Limited Edition has to be the most I've ever paid for a game, only did it 'cause I wanted all the games on one cartridge lol. As far rare goes, I have a Japanese copy of Pokémon White 2, which I bet I was the first in the country to own :) and forced me to learn how to read katakana so I could have an inkling of what was going on

17 hours ago, Gustavos said:

Either Conker's Bad Fur Day for the N64, The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition for Gamecube, or Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil as far as games that tend to get bought at high prices by collectors. But I wouldn't call those especially "rare" since so many people know about them. They're high in demand, just not short in supply.

16 hours ago, Jave said:

Chrono Trigger on the SNES and Conker's Bad Fur Day on N64.

The N64 version of Conker's Bad Fur Day is a rare game? Since when is it a rare game, exactly (barring the obvious joke)? If it is, then it's my rarest/most expensive game.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

3 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

The N64 version of Conker's Bad Fur Day is a rare game? Since when is it a rare game, exactly (barring the obvious joke)? If it is, then it's my rarest/most expensive game.

I didn't say it was rare, just that it's valuable. Maybe less so now that you can play that version of the game through Rare Replay, which is a compilation exclusive to Xbox One. "Rare" to me implies there aren't a lot of copies out there. Thus a rare game is normally something that nobody has heard of or wants unless they're a dedicated collector. CBFD didn't sell as much as other Rareware titles, but I feel that most people that bought a copy continue to cherish it as much as I do. It's a fantastically unique game that more people need to play anyway they can.

And yikes I did a quick amazon search on how much people are paying for Tellius and those two might actually be the most expensive games I own. When people say they "didn't want to shell out a hundred dollars or more" for them, I figured they were exaggerating.

Mmm... I'll add PoR and RD to my list since I own those too.

12 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

The N64 version of Conker's Bad Fur Day is a rare game? Since when is it a rare game, exactly (barring the obvious joke)?

It's not rare, but it's definitely hard to come by at a cheap price. The cart alone goes for $70-$100 on eBay, and copies with box and manual can go all the way up to $200, depending on quality.

The N64 isn't really a console with lots of rare games. There's Snowboard Kids 2 which had a very limited run, but the only N64 games that are true collector's items are the Sculptor's Cut version of Clayfighter 63 1/3, and the International Version of Yoshi's Story (a version of the game that was only meant to be distributed at stores to be used as a demo cart).

PoR and RD are probably my rarest games, I also have the Fates SE, TMS #FE LE and some other games that I won't list out that may be worth money later on.