What's the rarest/most expensive game you own?

Ronnie

Path of Radiance. My Radiant Dawn copy stopped working years ago due to neglect.

I suppose the other games I have that could be valuable Rival Schools and Shenmue. Both have the original cases, the manuals and all the discs, which still function - Shenmue even still has the Passport disc.

I used to own Dot Hack Infection, but one of my uncles lost it a long time ago. The other games in the set are pretty expensive - minus the second game, Mutation, which I happen to have.

conker's bad fur day with box/manual (n64) 

starcraft 64 (n64)

shadowgate 64 (n64)

ogre battle 64 (n64) 

final fantasy tactics (ps1)

magic pengel (ps2)

graffiti kingdom (ps2)

baten kaitos (gamecube)

skies of arcadia legends (gamecube)

tales of symphonia (gamecube)

zelda ocarina of time/master quest (gamecube)

zelda collector's edition (gamecube)

Most of these are listed in the 50-70 USD$ range except for the zelda discs which go for a ridiculous amount of money despite being playable on official emulators. (master quest is now built into the ocarina of time 3D, and the nes games/majora are cheaper via virtual console obviously)

Also I used to swear to everyone that dark cloud 1 and dark cloud 2 (dark chronicle) were Ultra-rare, but amazon tells me otherwise.

I'm not really sure what is rare / expensive these days, so I'll just throw out some random titles.

Marvel vs Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes (Sega Dreamcast)

Super Mario 64
Goldeneye 007 (N64)
Perfect Dark (N64)

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

OK, rarest likely is now SoV Special Edition. Got it today on sale, should be there next week.

Still less expensive than Fates/CKII. Hell, cheaper than quite a few titles at home.

On 7/15/2017 at 10:31 PM, Gustavos said:

Either Conker's Bad Fur Day for the N64, The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition for Gamecube, or Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil as far as games that tend to get bought at high prices by collectors. But I wouldn't call those especially "rare" since so many people know about them. They're high in demand, just not short in supply.

I actually just sold a lose copy of that (along with the rest of my gc and wii collection), and only got 20 bucks or so for it (although this was to a retro game store, so i of course got less than i would have if i had used ebay. By comparison, i got like twice as much for SSB: melee. This is one of those games where complete copies go for considerably more, selling for around $30 on ebay. Still nowhere near the price of conker, though (probably due to the massive number of ways to experience zelda 1, zelda 2, ocerina of time, and majora's mask, including superior remakes of the last 2, and the fact that the emulation on the n64 games is not great on the collecters edition. Conker, by contrast can only be legally experienced with the original, "rare replay" on the xbone only, or "live and reloaded", which is censored).

By far my most expensive game is the fates special edition. It goes for 80-90 bucks game only (i used the 3ds pouch for its intended purpose, and then lost it).  I expect the price to increase because it is the only way to get a physical copy of revelation. The rest of my collection seldom goes above 20-30 dollars.

A couple of mine.

PoR and RD (like many others here lol).

Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door (I'd have to check to see how "rare" this either is or isn't)

Xenoblade Chronicles

Bayonetta 1 & 2 combo for Wii U (not sure if its expensive but apparently getting hard to find)

• 2 weeks later...

I play JRPGs so I have quite a few expensive and rare games.

My rarest/most valuable is probably the Fire Emblem Thracia Special Edition (Complete).

I also own the non-special edition of Thracia, Fates Special Edition, PoR, RD, and the SoV Special Edition.

Suikoden 1 and 2.

Skies of Arcadia and Tales of Symphonia.

Various Shin Megami Tensei games that weren't cheap in PAL (but may be cheaper in NTSC).

Incidentally, these are all PAL (except Thracia), so usually even more rare and expensive. Darn my region -.-

Edited by Cute Chao

The collection's edition of Little Big Planet 2, which at the time cost me eighty dollars. It included the game, two bookends, a Sackboy plushie( that I still have), a bunch of DLC costumes (some that would be released a year later), and a several PSN avatars.

Edited by Jingle Jangle

1 hour ago, qwernst said:

A Special Edition, or Australian version?

The Steam version, which costs 60 dollars (aka 160 bucks here. I got it on a promotion).

I wanted to say Shadow Dragon but I only have the cartridge so nah.

I guess none? Nothing special comes to mind or I checked and the games are cheap on eBay still. Plus at one point I threw away a lot of old stuff with old games among that stuff.

How do you judge rarity?