Can Someone Please Explain Why so Many People Love Lilina?

I'm seriously puzzled here, due to hearing people call her the best mage, people saying she's great, and people saying that she's better than even Saul and Clarine sometimes. I'm sorry if I offended someone somehow, but I would just like some answers.

1 hour ago, PieceofPaper said:

due to hearing people call her the best mage,

I heard people say Lugh was better, but okay.

I don't exactly know why she's liked (it's definitely not stats, she comes late and at like level 1, so it's hard to train her that some might not bother with her at all). I can only assume it's her design or she's cute. Or something.

I personally used her only because I wanted to see how she turned out. She had more Mag than Speed, basically the opposite of Lugh, so I used them both together as a team of sorts.

1 hour ago, PieceofPaper said:

and people saying that she's better than even Saul and Clarine sometimes

but those two are healers...

17 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Well, she's kinda considered to be the real love interest of Roy like what Caeda is to Marth, I guess? That automatically makes her more popular.

Yeah, that might be the reason. She also appears on the cover art of the game as well, so...

4 hours ago, PieceofPaper said:

I'm seriously puzzled here, due to hearing people call her the best mage, people saying she's great, and people saying that she's better than even Saul and Clarine sometimes.

That's quite the news for me!
Seriously she's bad because she joins level 1 in early-mid-game. Her bases are abysmal, gets oneshotted by each physical weapon and even doubled by lots of enemies. And it's not that her growths will equal her bases. She will hit hard but Lugh still has a higher output damage than her because of possible double attacks.
As healer she's the best due to her great magic but that's it! She won't reach higher than D rank in normal conditions.

Lilina is Roy's Loli and nothing else.

8 minutes ago, Reimu Hakurei said:

Lilina is Roy's Loli and nothing else.

They can make fast supports, that can help make Lilina better gameplay wise

As a character, she's pretty nice

As a unit, she's a good unit, a bit overated in my opinion. But defenitely okay to be used in LTC! To say that she is the best Mage of FE6 is really exageration, she contributed with like Bolting Crit on a few chapters., you need way more to put her on the same league as Niime

Edited by JSND

What can I say? She's a sweetheart, she's Hector's daughter (automatically making her a badass) and I ship her and Roy so hard. Not to mention their supports come quickly. She might just be my favourite female FE character. As for best mage, that's debatable, especially with Lugh being in the game too.

Edited by DragonLord

I don't think she's a very strong unit, but people tend to like her design and character, she's Roy's main love interest and Hector's daughter. Also, mine got ridiculously speed-blessed (7 above average as a lvl 14 mage I believe) which made her an absolute monster as she murdered everything and dodged like crazy. In general Lugh is better I believe, though they are close.

Mine are always RNG blessed while my Lugh always tends to get screwed, so I always end up using her instead.  Plus the fact that she is Hector's daughter and I really like her supports with Roy and that leveled up support is a big help to both of them.

5 hours ago, Reimu Hakurei said:

But it doesn't change that she'll be still oneshotted and doubled by most stuff. Sacae is instant death for her.

Sacae's quite a chapters away, I think she'd be leveled up enough to not get oneshotted.

Then again, I've only played the Ilia route, so I don't really know what to expect in the other one.

Sacae in HM route features myrms with capped speed and tons of nomads with 20 speed in average. It's very unlikely that Lilina will have the speed at this point not to get doubled. Even if she won't get oneshotted anymore, she still will be ORKOed.

I never ever play this route again, at least not in vanilla FE6, because it's incredibly hard to hit the enemies and it's very hard to keep your healers safe from the nomads.

It also features a fuck of war map of the worst category in terms of map design. 
You enter the building blindly and place your thief in the third line to get safe by 1-2 range attackers. In enemy phase hidden bolting sages oneshot your thief - fantastic!

9 hours ago, Flee Fleet! said:

I heard people say Lugh was better, but okay.

I don't exactly know why she's liked (it's definitely not stats, she comes late and at like level 1, so it's hard to train her that some might not bother with her at all). I can only assume it's her design or she's cute. Or something.

I personally used her only because I wanted to see how she turned out. She had more Mag than Speed, basically the opposite of Lugh, so I used them both together as a team of sorts.

but those two are healers...

I meant magic users in general, sorry for not clarifying that.

Reasons:

1. Cute mage

2. Roy x Lilina is cute in general. So having points with the protagonist for the entire game you play is kind of a boost to popularity.

3. She's voiced by Ari Oozawa. Aka those who are into anime... is Sakura Chiyo from Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki kun

Lilina is also underleveled and turns out nicely when trained. You can toss a low leveled unit anywhere in an FE and give them even crappy bases and growths (not that Lilina's are bad), and not matter what some people will simply eat them up.

Dare IS throw a level 5 unit in the next FE's penultimate chapter and see if that instinctive love for cute little Ests endures even at such an extreme? (Well they did already get pretty close to if not exactly that with Ena and Kurthnaga. And I don't think I hear many people praising them like so, nor Lyre/Fiona/Vika/Tormod- but not as many people have played RD as the 3DS games, so there is that issue to contend with. I wonder if upping the adorbs factor on Kurth would change anything.)

15 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

Reasons:

1. Cute mage

2. Roy x Lilina is cute in general. So having points with the protagonist for the entire game you play is kind of a boost to popularity.

3. She's voiced by Ari Oozawa. Aka those who are into anime... is Sakura Chiyo from Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki kun

That last one's more of a recent development, though.  Lilina's been popular for years.

But yeah, Lilina's popularity mostly stems from her being cute and being Roy's pretty-much-canon love interest.  It helps that she's also a nuke and can one or two-shot most enemies.  Her durability isn't so much of an issue, since mages are always pretty squishy.

16 hours ago, Reimu Hakurei said:

Sacae in HM route features myrms with capped speed and tons of nomads with 20 speed in average. It's very unlikely that Lilina will have the speed at this point not to get doubled. Even if she won't get oneshotted anymore, she still will be ORKOed.

I never ever play this route again, at least not in vanilla FE6, because it's incredibly hard to hit the enemies and it's very hard to keep your healers safe from the nomads.

It also features a fuck of war map of the worst category in terms of map design. 
You enter the building blindly and place your thief in the third line to get safe by 1-2 range attackers. In enemy phase hidden bolting sages oneshot your thief - fantastic!

Everyone not named Rutger or Fir gets doubled in Sacae, so that isn't a problem solely with Lilina.

On 7/16/2017 at 6:49 AM, Lady Sansa said:

She's perfect. She's beautiful. She looks like Linda Evangelista.

Did she stone those tights? Oh she's smiling! She can walk out to the battlefield and the fans will say "Lilina your smile is beautiful!"

9 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Did she stone those tights? Oh she's smiling! She can walk out to the battlefield and the fans will say "Lilina your smile is beautiful!"

They eat her up every single time she's on that damned battlefield.