BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle!?

MediocreLee

8 hours ago, AzureSen said:

I think around 30 is a pretty reasonable expectation. Arc System Works is already going to have to make a combat system that somehow melds the three games' different combat systems into one, adding in more characters than that would just ensure that we don't see the game until 2025.

I'd say Hyde, Linne, Vatista, Hilda and Seth are the only shoe-ins among the cast. Hyde and Linne are the protagonists, Vatista is absurdly popular and rightfully so because she's cute as heck, they've been pushing Seth as the blue rival to Hyde's red as of Exe: Late[st], and Hilda's the primary antagonist (and the only one with an actual motivation other than being evil just cause or being driven to consume). Otherwise I think there aren't many absurdly popular candidates, so the chances for everyone else are pretty even.

I edited the post. I've kinda been binging all things Uniel to get familiar with it (as I hadn't heard about it up until this game's announcement). Wonder how Uniel's "advance" system or whatever it's called will translate.e The soundtrack is amazing, as expected of a game ASW's involved in.

I ended up with Hyde, Linne, Orie (she seems to be fairly popular), Seth, Vatista, and Hilda. I could see Yuzuriha, due to being the most blatant iaijutsu character they have. Kinda funny seeing the overlapping archetypes between the series (Vatista's basically a cuter, slightly more wholesome Murakumo unit; do not even get me started on Mitsuru, Orie, and Weiss).

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be the best fighting game because it'll let me have a team of Azrael and Yang.

And no playable Jubei in this game, rippppp.

On 7/19/2017 at 8:00 AM, The DanMan said:

I edited the post. I've kinda been binging all things Uniel to get familiar with it (as I hadn't heard about it up until this game's announcement). Wonder how Uniel's "advance" system or whatever it's called will translate.e The soundtrack is amazing, as expected of a game ASW's involved in.

I ended up with Hyde, Linne, Orie (she seems to be fairly popular), Seth, Vatista, and Hilda. I could see Yuzuriha, due to being the most blatant iaijutsu character they have. Kinda funny seeing the overlapping archetypes between the series (Vatista's basically a cuter, slightly more wholesome Murakumo unit; do not even get me started on Mitsuru, Orie, and Weiss).

I started typing up that post the other day, but only got around to posting it until later, so I didn't notice the edit, sorry.

It wouldn't be an ASW game without an amazing soundtrack.

Vatista is 100% wholesome, no psychotic murderous obsessions with the red hero here a very interesting fighter, in that she's all about charging and chaining together charged moves to inflict massive damage to the point where pretty much all of her specials are charges, which I feel helps differentiate her from the Murakamos. As for Orie, the comparisons to Mitsuru aren't that far off, since Orie's also a puppet fighter a la the rest of the P4 Arena cast, though her summon doesn't get two buttons to himself like the Personas do.

• 4 weeks later...

An interview with Mori: http://www.siliconera.com/2017/08/11/blazblue-cross-tag-battle-producer-talks-rwby-possibility-adding-guilty-gear-series/

Seems like the game just entered development, and they announced it early to gauge fan reaction. Though the roster has been mostly locked in, they may make some additions due to fan demand (one of the given reasons for announcing it so early).

Basically, don't expect the game until late 2018.

Hmm..  It's interesting that they say they'll listen to fan demand.  howmanypeopledoIhavetoswaytogetNineorAkihiko?

I'm glad that they say it's just in development.  I'd rather the developers take their time with it even if it doesn't come out this year.  Can't wait for more character announcements though, since character announcements usually hype the game up anyway.

On 8/14/2017 at 11:31 PM, MediocreLee said:

Hmm..  It's interesting that they say they'll listen to fan demand.  howmanypeopledoIhavetoswaytogetNineorAkihiko?

I'm glad that they say it's just in development.  I'd rather the developers take their time with it even if it doesn't come out this year.  Can't wait for more character announcements though, since character announcements usually hype the game up anyway.

This is basically just fanboy wankery right now, but since PS4/Switch is looking likely (the BlazBlue logo was shown at the Switch announcement presentation and ASW congratulated ARMS on it's initial sales, "proving that the Switch can support fighting games") and that they've said they're open to other series getting in, I wonder if there may end up being a couple console exclusive characters.

There's absolutely nothing to support this right now; it's just something I've thought about.

I just hope they've decided to bring the game to steam as well because dang it consoles are expensive and I don't feel the wii u's been around (my house) long enough to justify replacing it. I mean, even though it was a few months apart ASW did put it's other major releases on steam so I don't think I should worry too much but still.

Also somehow I think letting fan demand sway the roster is either going to be very refreshing or scary depending on what gets pushed. Looking at you, shippers.

22 hours ago, PeaceRibbon said:

I just hope they've decided to bring the game to steam as well because dang it consoles are expensive and I don't feel the wii u's been around (my house) long enough to justify replacing it. I mean, even though it was a few months apart ASW did put it's other major releases on steam so I don't think I should worry too much but still.

Also somehow I think letting fan demand sway the roster is either going to be very refreshing or scary depending on what gets pushed. Looking at you, shippers.

It's largely locked in already, though; the most I could see is a couple characters getting in due to popularity.

The interview also says that they're trying to make it "appeal to the West", which makes me think it could be an "everything release "(Switch/PS4/Xbox One/PC) and hopefully be dubbed.

On 8/18/2017 at 7:00 AM, The DanMan said:

It's largely locked in already, though; the most I could see is a couple characters getting in due to popularity.

The interview also says that they're trying to make it "appeal to the West", which makes me think it could be an "everything release "(Switch/PS4/Xbox One/PC) and hopefully be dubbed.

Oh I'm aware of the roster's locked nature, but the fact that the fans have any sway at all is what interests me. Especially since I'm sure most of the popular characters are likely already in the game, seeing what left-field fan favorite they pick based on demand (if at all)  is the real fun of it.

And considering that Arc Sys has been kinda negligent of dubbing their games recently I'm not holding my breath for a dub, but with Lindsay Jones reprising her role as Ruby and that western appeal comment, the odds are a lot better at least.

1 hour ago, PeaceRibbon said:

Oh I'm aware of the roster's locked nature, but the fact that the fans have any sway at all is what interests me. Especially since I'm sure most of the popular characters are likely already in the game, seeing what left-field fan favorite they pick based on demand (if at all)  is the real fun of it.

And considering that Arc Sys has been kinda negligent of dubbing their games recently I'm not holding my breath for a dub, but with Lindsay Jones reprising her role as Ruby and that western appeal comment, the odds are a lot better at least.

Guilty Gear generally hasn't been dubbed (and according to the VAs themselves, Xrd's dub was rushed out); the Central Fiction debacle earned them some mire. Since they explicitly said they're trying to appeal to Western audiences as well, I'd like to think that means they'll dub the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the double post, but I think this is bump-worthy:
DIfirjLXgAQ4WlR.jpg
New character reveals this September.
Seems like they're intent on trickling out info-- I thought we may not have heard anything about it until next year, considering it sounds like it's still very early in development.

Roman needs to be a puppet style fighter with Neo, there is no other way.

Sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun~ I wouldn't have expected these ips to come together though, lol.

I wonder if still only gonna be these four series...

That being said the Blazblue representatives, other than Ragna and Jin, are to me are rather obvious. They're going to be Noel and Rachel. I don't see any Blazblue character getting in before these two. The RWBY representatives are also going to be rather obvious.

What I'm really curious about is the Persona characters. If we go by popularity alone, the Persona characters with the best chances are Joker, Akechi, Naoto, Rise, Aigis and Mitsuru. And despite having to share the role of swordsman with ice powers with Jin and Weiss(who is very likely to get in), Mitsuru still Has a great chance of appearing, considering she is both a fan favorite and a staff favorite.

Edited by Water Mage

11 hours ago, Gemma said:

Though I wonder if they're going to include any P5 characters. It sounds like they might just pull from P4AU

Well, the game is very early in development, so there is a chance  for P5 characters to appear.

On 9/2/2017 at 6:37 AM, Water Mage said:

I wonder if still only gonna be these four series...

That being said the Blazblue representatives, other than Ragna and Jin, are to me are rather obvious. They're going to be Noel and Rachel. I don't see any Blazblue character getting in before these two. The RWBY representatives are also going to be rather obvious.

What I'm really curious about is the Persona characters. If we go by popularity alone, the Persona characters with the best chances are Joker, Akechi, Naoto, Rise, Aigis and Mitsuru. And despite having to share the role of swordsman with ice powers with Jin and Weiss(who is very likely to get in), Mitsuru still Has a great chance of appearing, considering she is both a fan favorite and a staff favorite.

They've said it "may not be exclusively" those four series in an interview when asked about Guilty Gear. I have a theory regarding what that may mean...

BlazBlue will have the most representation for obvious reasons. Ragna/Jin/Noel/Rachel are the main quartet, though.

I'm thinking they may keep it mostly to the P4 Investigation team; that said, I wouldn't mind Joker as a more "stylish" CQC character to contrast all the grapplers and brawlers.

47 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

They've said it "may not be exclusively" those four series in an interview when asked about Guilty Gear. I have a theory regarding what that may mean...

BlazBlue will have the most representation for obvious reasons. Ragna/Jin/Noel/Rachel are the main quartet, though.

I'm thinking they may keep it mostly to the P4 Investigation team; that said, I wouldn't mind Joker as a more "stylish" CQC character to contrast all the grapplers and brawlers.

Oh, I do know I just won't be these four series, but I would prefer if it were. If there are too many series, then the cast will mostly main characters and rivals, and in fighting games, main characters and rivals tend to have "generic" fighting styles, which would be shamw, considering that series like Blazblue and Guilty Gear are know for the vastly different playstyle of each character. 

And speaking of representation, it would weird if the four main RWBY girls didn't appear together. So I think it will be all four girls, or Ruby herself will be the sole RWBY representative. I can't see them putting only two or three of the main girls.

2 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Oh, I do know I just won't be these four series, but I would prefer if it were. If there are too many series, then the cast will mostly main characters and rivals, and in fighting games, main characters and rivals tend to have "generic" fighting styles, which would be shamw, considering that series like Blazblue and Guilty Gear are know for the vastly different playstyle of each character. 

And speaking of representation, it would weird if the four main RWBY girls didn't appear together. So I think it will be all four girls, or Ruby herself will be the sole RWBY representative. I can't see them putting only two or three of the main girls.

My theory is that either (a) they're adding one or two OCs or (b) there will be console exclusive characters (PS4/Switch seems incredibly likely).

RWBY representation will likely be the entirety of Team RWBY + Roman Torchwick (the earliest, least-spoilery villain and also the most liked on).

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/09/15/blazblue-cross-tag-battle-adds-yosuke-hanamura-jin-kisaragi-linne/

Yosuke and Linne were revealed today. Linne wasn't surprising, but Yosuke caught me off guard. I really didn't think he would be playable. I mean, he's popular, but not nearly as popular as some other Persona characters, like the ones I listed before.

Neither are surprising, and I don't have a problem with either being in; the latter doesn't mean much, since I'd only really have a problem with Sho and Minazuki being playable. I'll admit I was hoping a little that it'd be Joker, but that was always far-fetched considering he wasn't in the Arena games.

Edited by AzureSen

10 hours ago, Water Mage said:

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/09/15/blazblue-cross-tag-battle-adds-yosuke-hanamura-jin-kisaragi-linne/

Yosuke and Linne were revealed today. Linne wasn't surprising, but Yosuke caught me off guard. I really didn't think he would be playable. I mean, he's popular, but not nearly as popular as some other Persona characters, like the ones I listed before.

Someone mentioned this before, but I wouldn't be surprised if the whole investigation team made it into the game. I was expecting Yousuke. 

Also if we are talking about popularity, I have heard that he is very popular in Japan because of his seiyuu's popularity. I can't really confirm tho. 

• 3 weeks later...