BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle!?

MediocreLee

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait to see what the full roster and English cast list is going to look like, especially with UNIEL characters being cast for the first time, but even now the possibilities put a smile on my face. Yuri Lowenthal could team up with himself, Erin Fitzgerald could team up with herself, Laura Bailey could team up with herself... I'm in a downright fever dream y'all.:KnollRoll:

8 minutes ago, PeaceRibbon said:

I can't wait to see what the full roster and English cast list is going to look like, especially with UNIEL characters being cast for the first time, but even now the possibilities put a smile on my face. Yuri Lowenthal could team up with himself, Erin Fitzgerald could team up with herself, Laura Bailey could team up with herself... I'm in a downright fever dream y'all.:KnollRoll:

Not to crush your dreams, but it is very unlikely that Laura Bailey will reprise her role as Platinum and Rise if she appears. 

Edited by Water Mage

4 hours ago, PeaceRibbon said:

Yeah, like @Water Mage said, it's unlikely Laura Bailey will reprise her roles as Platinum and presumably Rise in this game especially since she didn't come back to do Lucina's/Palla's voice in recent Fire Emblem games. I expect Alexis Tipton will take her place as Platinum though similar to how Matthew Mercer can impersonate Troy Baker's voice I know Tipton's pretty good at impersonating Bailey's voice.

2 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Is anyone else suprised that Tsubaki and Hakumen still hasn’t been announced for Blazblue Cross Tag? I mean, even Platinum already got revealed.

It's probably only a matter of time. I'm especially hopeful for Tsubaki, she's one of my favorites to play in CS Extend.

1 hour ago, TheGoodHoms said:

Just though I'd leave this here. Get hyped BB Dub fans!

I was so happy when I saw this tweet. I didn't have a reason to believe Patrick Seitz wouldn't come back, but having confirmation is still nice. I've always loved his performance as Ragna.

On February 19, 2018 at 8:51 AM, Water Mage said:

Not to crush your dreams, but it is very unlikely that Laura Bailey will reprise her role as Platinum and Rise if she appears. 

On February 19, 2018 at 11:31 AM, NSSKG151 said:

Yeah, like @Water Mage said, it's unlikely Laura Bailey will reprise her roles as Platinum and presumably Rise in this game especially since she didn't come back to do Lucina's/Palla's voice in recent Fire Emblem games. I expect Alexis Tipton will take her place as Platinum though similar to how Matthew Mercer can impersonate Troy Baker's voice I know Tipton's pretty good at impersonating Bailey's voice.

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me. Still, that just means we have Alexis Tipton teaming up with herself and that's pretty cool to me also. 

On the topic of returning VAs, David Vincet (Jin) and Cristina Vee (Noel and Nu) have both confirmed to be coming back. Additionally, it was stated on the Arc Live Stream today that the previous casts for BlazBlue and Persona 4 would be coming back, though whether that confirms every previous VA to be returning or not isn't 100% clear.

18 hours ago, Chconroy said:

On the topic of returning VAs, David Vincet (Jin) and Cristina Vee (Noel and Nu) have both confirmed to be coming back. Additionally, it was stated on the Arc Live Stream today that the previous casts for BlazBlue and Persona 4 would be coming back, though whether that confirms every previous VA to be returning or not isn't 100% clear.

Amanda Win Lee just confirmed she's back, and DC Douglas was actually the first to confirm (albeit in a roundabout "You'll always have me" response). Looks like everybody is coming back.

This is a bit of a subject change, but I just realized why Persona 5 characters have little chances of getting in and it’s not just because they aren’t reused assest. The characters themselves are a problem as well.

Ryuji and Ann would be Kanji and Yukiko clones, Yusuke has to compete with Jin, Weiss and Mitsuru for the role of Ice Swordman, Morgana I don’t think I need explain the problems with him, Futaba doesn’t have fighting powers, and considering it was only in the second game that Rise fought and Fuuka still don’t, things doesn’t look good for Futuba, Haru, well, her problem might be just me being uncreative, but I can’t  think of a fighting style that doesn’t seem...bland. 

The only characters that doesn’t seem to have a problem are Joker, Akechi and Makoto. 

Joker...well he’s the main character. Akechi can easily be made into a stance change character, and he fits the rival role, like Jin and Seth. Makoto’s motorbike Persona has anlot of potential, and reminds of one Kagura’s attacks where uses one too. It also helps that Joker, Akechi and Makoto are all ridiculously popular characters.

Edited by Water Mage

24 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

The only characters that doesn’t seem to have a problem are Joker, Akechi and Makoto. 

Joker...well he’s the main character. Akechi can easily be made into a stance change character, and he fits the rival role, like Jin and Seth. Makoto’s motorbike Persona has anlot of potential, and reminds of one Kagura’s attacks where uses one too. It also helps that Joker, Akechi and Makoto are all ridiculously popular characters.

I wouldn't mind seeing one or two of those three made as a special addition to the roster. If the game is going to get any "guest" fighters beyond the main four, I'm hoping for it to be in pairs so we could have a duo of characters to be paired up.

Beyond Persona 5 characters, I'm hoping for Sol Badguy and Ky Kiske as a tag team pair (I know they've said they're not going to put Guilty Gear characters in since that series is still going story-wise, but I can hope for these two.).

13 hours ago, Chconroy said:

Beyond Persona 5 characters, I'm hoping for Sol Badguy and Ky Kiske as a tag team pair (I know they've said they're not going to put Guilty Gear characters in since that series is still going story-wise, but I can hope for these two.).

Of all the Arksys franchises I think Guilty Gear is probably the one where story matters the least so I'm not convinced that's what Arksys said about not putting Guilty Gear characters is really true. I think Sol and Ky will be in the game at some point latter on, Arksys just doesn't want to "spoil" the "surprise."

5 hours ago, TheGoodHoms said:

Of all the Arksys franchises I think Guilty Gear is probably the one where story matters the least so I'm not convinced that's what Arksys said about not putting Guilty Gear characters is really true. I think Sol and Ky will be in the game at some point latter on, Arksys just doesn't want to "spoil" the "surprise."

Guilty Gear has had issues with story presentation in early games (The Missing Link was rather simple, X lacked proper endings, and XX had multiple stories with no clear "right" path, then the Accent Core version of XX had new stories that were sequels to original XX stories), but Overture and Xrd turned things around. Overture wasn't a fighting game so it didn't have to worry about dealing with multiple perspectives and Xrd simplified things by making the Arcade mode for each character a prequel to their actions in the main story mode, plus the Library mode cleared up story details that were unclear in XX. Considering the amount of time that was put into the story of the Xrd games alone, I can believe their reasoning here.

So apparently Under Night characters will have English voices as well.

But who will be the voices? 
My guesses:
Hyde-Robbie Daymond 
Linne-Erica Mendez
Gordeau-Ray Chase
Orie-Erica Lindbeck
Waldenstein-Richard Epcar

Edited by Water Mage

• 3 weeks later...

Recently found out Aigis is one of the new DLC characters so it's not just limited to the Investigation Team from Persona 4. Also, Jubei from Blazblue and Carmine from Under Night In Birth are also part of the second DLC pack. Kind of surprised to see Jubei there since I think he was only playable in Central Fiction which I never played.

Sorry for the double post, but new characters were announced and they are Aigis, Jubei and Carmine.

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/03/16/blazblue-cross-tag-battle-adds-aigis-carmine-jubei-dlc-characters/

It does seems like the Persona characters won’t be exclusive to Persona 4. Also, I’m suprised that Jubei is in. Not to say he’s unpopular or anything, but for a characters that took years to become playable, I’m suprised he got in a crossover before Tsubaki or Hakumen.

EDIT:Gah, Ninja’d.

Edited by Water Mage

15 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

Recently found out Aigis is one of the new DLC characters so it's not just limited to the Investigation Team from Persona 4. Also, Jubei from Blazblue and Carmine from Under Night In Birth are also part of the second DLC pack. Kind of surprised to see Jubei there since I think he was only playable in Central Fiction which I never played.

That's surprising to see one of the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 characters were added since Persona 4: The Ultimate did have characters from Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3. I wondered what are the next RWBY casts after Yang will be coming? I hope that Mercury (since Yuri Lowenthal did voiced him along with Yosuke Hanamura), Sun Wukong, Cinder Fall, and Qrow Branwen will make it to the roster for RWBY. And speaking of which, I kinda wondered who Es will be voicing since the English voices are coming to the game since Central Fiction haven't gotten a English audio due to Akays's poor decisions to rush the game and plus that the game did have terrible rushed translations as well.

Edited by King Marth 64

I know a lot of people are skeptical of there being any RWBY characters outside of the main 4, since they require all new assets.

We'll see though, at least a lot of characters have the potential to be really fun

A gamefaqs thread has run sprite comparisons and found all the silhouettes teased:

DY3ksSyXcAEskxa.jpg

The animation Hilda's is taken from has a chair that isn't part of the sprite, but feasibly could've been included (Merkava has a sprite that kinda looks similar, but is too big).

The two surprises are Labrys instead of Teddy and no Seth.

I wouldn't put too many eggs in the fan comparison basket just on account of the fact it is a fan comparison. As far as I'm concerned this is an educated guess of the final roster, and no Yang in the silhouettes is a bit of a red flag for me. Objectively speaking it is a roster I could see them going with, but it is filled with face-palm worthy decisions. Manly for the fact that some Blazblue characters who've been in the cast for a long time like Tao, Lichi, Bang, and Tsubaki had their slots taken by... Nine, Mai, and the wrong Tsubaki? I mean, I guess I'm a little biased by the fact I didn't play Central Fiction, and not having the aforementioned regulars isn't deal breaking (though the lack of Tsubaki hurts long live those sweet special moves named after elements of the requiem mass), but it feels strange none the less.

Also Mika? Really? :facepalm:

8 hours ago, PeaceRibbon said:

I wouldn't put too many eggs in the fan comparison basket just on account of the fact it is a fan comparison. As far as I'm concerned this is an educated guess of the final roster, and no Yang in the silhouettes is a bit of a red flag for me. Objectively speaking it is a roster I could see them going with, but it is filled with face-palm worthy decisions. Manly for the fact that some Blazblue characters who've been in the cast for a long time like Tao, Lichi, Bang, and Tsubaki had their slots taken by... Nine, Mai, and the wrong Tsubaki? I mean, I guess I'm a little biased by the fact I didn't play Central Fiction, and not having the aforementioned regulars isn't deal breaking (though the lack of Tsubaki hurts long live those sweet special moves named after elements of the requiem mass), but it feels strange none the less.

Yang wouldn't have had a sprite they could stick in, and officially was always meant to be free DLC. Plus, a lot of these sprites match up perfectly. I'm 90% on-board with it myself.

Bang has never been popular in Japan, and Tao is the definition of just being there. By that rule of thumb, Mai is really popular in Japan (breaking into the top ten of the most recent poll-- granted, the top 3 were Ragna/Hazama/Hibiki). And apparently Izayoi Tsubaki was a major-ish player in CF.

Only personal disappointment is the lack of Naoto Kurogane, if only for the jokes/confusion. The exclusion of Teddie for Labrys is what has a lot of people confused.

EDIT: People have matched one of Merkava's sprites to what was previously thought to be Hilda.

BD0gzoor.jpg

Edited by The DanMan

15 hours ago, PeaceRibbon said:

I feel Mika's probably one of the least expected characters for the game. There's definitely like, plenty of other characters to choose, lol