BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle!?

MediocreLee

Does anyone knows what the story of this game is about? 

It’s because I just how different a lot of these characters are when it comes to morality. I mean, the classic heroic characters such as Ruby Rose and then there’s Ragna, who is considered sort of an heroic character, but he’s also a wanted mass murderer who killed lots of people in NOL facilities, including innocents who were just doing their jobs. I wonder it the difference in morality between the characters will be brought up, or it will be just “I don’t know who you are, let’s fight!”. I get the feeling that it will be latter.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/25/2018 at 4:11 AM, Water Mage said:

Does anyone knows what the story of this game is about? 

It’s because I just how different a lot of these characters are when it comes to morality. I mean, the classic heroic characters such as Ruby Rose and then there’s Ragna, who is considered sort of an heroic character, but he’s also a wanted mass murderer who killed lots of people in NOL facilities, including innocents who were just doing their jobs. I wonder it the difference in morality between the characters will be brought up, or it will be just “I don’t know who you are, let’s fight!”. I get the feeling that it will be latter.

Typical crossover fair.

Dragged into an alternative dimension, mysterious voice charges them with protecting/gathering certain crystals of they want to return home, fights and misunderstandings happen, and an implied OC or two is pulling the strings. The Story Mode itself is set up with an arc for each series involved.

Also, we've gotten a bunch of dubbed footage over the past 24 hours. Highlights include:

What everybody expected.

As well as the Uniel characters. Only clear voice from the footage we have is Kyle McCarely has Hyde, though people at the event have been saying Gordeau is Matt Mercer.

6 hours ago, The DanMan said:

As well as the Uniel characters. Only clear voice from the footage we have is Kyle McCarely has Hyde, though people at the event have been saying Gordeau is Matt Mercer.

Kyle McCarely and Matt Mercer?! This is an exciting development indeed!

Been having a fun time watching all the footage that's been coming out. So for I can tell Hyde is Kyle Mccarley as previously stated, and Linne is unmistakably Sarah Anne Williams. Looking good BBTAG dub. :^_^:

13 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Typical crossover fair.

Dragged into an alternative dimension, mysterious voice charges them with protecting/gathering certain crystals of they want to return home, fights and misunderstandings happen, and an implied OC or two is pulling the strings. The Story Mode itself is set up with an arc for each series involved.

Also, we've gotten a bunch of dubbed footage over the past 24 hours. Highlights include:

What everybody expected.

Omg that Ruby intro is absolutely adorable.

Voices are looking pretty good so far, but I’m disappointed that the story is typical crossover stuff, so much potential lost.

Anyway, I just remembered that this game and the Persona dancing games will be released around the same time, May 31 and May 24 respectively. And oddly enough, Labrys and Sho Minazuki two characters from the Persona Arena were announced as DLC for the dancing games, which many people found odd. 

Perhaps there’s a connection? Will Labrys and Sho be available on the same day that BBCTB is released? Are there any events involving BlazBlue/RWBY/UNIB that happens in late May? It could make predicting dates easier.

5 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Voices are looking pretty good so far, but I’m disappointed that the story is typical crossover stuff, so much potential lost.

Anyway, I just remembered that this game and the Persona dancing games will be released around the same time, May 31 and May 24 respectively. And oddly enough, Labrys and Sho Minazuki two characters from the Persona Arena were announced as DLC for the dancing games, which many people found odd. 

Perhaps there’s a connection? Will Labrys and Sho be available on the same day that BBCTB is released? Are there any events involving BlazBlue/RWBY/UNIB that happens in late May? It could make predicting dates easier.

I don't think that's the case. They're already making the first pack of 3 free for the first two weeks of release, and the Persona character in it is Aigis. Persona's the only series of the 4 that even uses proper dates (we know BB's main plot takes place in late 2199 and that the first three volumes of RWBY during the fall semester, but not even that much for UNIB).

Though we did find Labrys in the silhouettes, seemingly bumping out Teddie:

akhpwlg9dln01.png

Edited by The DanMan

6 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

I don't think that's the case. They're already making the first pack of 3 free for the first two weeks of release, and the Persona character in it is Aigis. Persona's the only series of the 4 that even uses proper dates (we know BB's main plot takes place in late 2199 and that the first three volumes of RWBY during the fall semester, but not even that much for UNIB).

Though we did find Labrys in the silhouettes, seemingly bumping out Teddie:

Reveal hidden contents

akhpwlg9dln01.png

When I saying date and special events, I didn’t mean the story. I’ve meant the the release date for the future DLCs, and that perhaps that the Blazblue/RWBY/UNIB franchises will get something special as way to commemorate the release of the game.

23 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

When I saying date and special events, I didn’t mean the story. I’ve meant the the release date for the future DLCs, and that perhaps that the Blazblue/RWBY/UNIB franchises will get something special as way to commemorate the release of the game.

Ah. Okay then, nothing that we know of.

A collection of the dubbed prebattle intros; gonna try to identify Es and the UNIB characters

• Es - Eden Riegel (I thought Marie was in the game when I first heard Es...)
  • Hyde - Kyle McCarley (Very distinctive voice. We know you are there, Alm/9S.)
  • Linne - Sarah Williams (Hear traces of Laevatein in Linne.)
  • Waldstein - I don't know....
  • Gordeau - Ian Sinclair (Confirmed)

UNIEL dub is sweet. I'm actually torn over which language I would choose for them... Though I will say for me, Wald's voice is kinda like Street Fighter's Hugo's, in the sense that I much prefer the lower, smoother English voice to the rough Japanese one.

For me, BB is Japanese for sure, but I like English for Persona and RWBY. idk if you can actually specify in game which language for which chars, tho.

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't even include the character pass and is PS4 exclusive (meaning the Switch carrying case, the most interesting "extra", remains in Japan).

They screwed up the Western LE hard.

Yeah, that box set is hardly worth it. Why not include the character DLC?

Also, preordering will net you a 7 track CD. (not the same as the LE CD)

Not sure which tracks are included, hopefully all the remixes of the main themes.

12 hours ago, Gemma said:

Yeah, that box set is hardly worth it. Why not include the character DLC?

Also, preordering will net you a 7 track CD. (not the same as the LE CD)

Not sure which tracks are included, hopefully all the remixes of the main themes.

If I can take a stab at it:

>Main theme
>CSS Theme
>Rebellion
>Reach out to the Truth Arena mix
>This'll be the Day/Red Like Roses II medley
>Scraper Sky High
>New vocal track/ending theme

Basically the themes of the 4 poster characters + a few original tracks.

15 hours ago, TheGoodHoms said:

Did we really need the Robot loli? Ugh...

I think Vatista's a great choice. She is so adorable, and she's got a really fun play style.

Can't wait to see more of Yang, and Blake for that matter

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, PeaceRibbon said:

Steam store page is officially up. While they are not doing pre-orders just yet, the page is the debut of the game's opening cinematic.

Not bad, though a bit stiff overall.

2 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Not bad, though a bit stiff overall.

Yeah, definitely not the smoothest Blazblue opening. I think Ishiwatari's musical genius helps it a lot though. :P:

3 minutes ago, PeaceRibbon said:

Yeah, definitely not the smoothest Blazblue opening. I think Ishiwatari's musical genius helps it a lot though. :P:

The biggest omission is the lack of vocals, considering every franchise involved has vocal openings.

been playing the beta and man it is really fun

so many customization's, netcode is good, only bad thing is no training mode.

assists play a big part in this game, you will be calling them a lot. if you played the other games, characters will feel weird especially because some special moves are normals in this game. it'll get a while to get used to