Fake, but what would you think?

What would you think?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What would you think?

• Yessss!!! my FAVORITE game is being remade!
    • Sure, I cool with that.
    • Meh...
    • But the should've remade FE4/6.
    • wHaT ThEy ArE ReMaKeInG WeEb tRaSh!? NoOoOoO!

rrPc7RT.png

http://wccftech.com/fire-emblem-fates-complete-edition-nintendo-switch-briefly-listed-amazon/

According to the post Amazon spain briefly listed FE Fates: Complete edition on its website.

For those who don't know the cover is actually a piece of fan art. So it's fake. qNJeM0M.jpg

But, how would you react if this was real? Personally, since I got the 3ds version and disliked it even after getting the dlc. I would pass it.

Edited by ThatOneWeakArcher

2 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

It might have been fun, I enjoyed the gameplay of Fates.

who knows, maybe it's real, maybe they made a mock up cover as a place holder.

Why would Nintendo, being so paranoid of copyright infringement, use fan art as it's placeholder.

It would easier just to not add a image. It's fake.

Edited by ThatOneWeakArcher

It has happened in the past that legit leaks have accidentally used fanart. The Shovel Knight amiibo had one such occurrence. Still probably fake, though. As for what I would think: okay. It would probably just be some sort of expanded port, possibly with DLC included. Would be a strange decision considering it did well enough on 3DS and other FE titles are still coming out.

4 minutes ago, Florete said:

It has happened in the past that legit leaks have accidentally used fanart. The Shovel Knight amiibo had one such occurrence. Still probably fake, though. As for what I would think: okay. It would probably just be some sort of expanded port, possibly with DLC included. Would be a strange decision considering it did well enough on 3DS and other FE titles are still coming out.

I looked up the news articles talking about the leak but every time the showed the official version. Please show a link so I can understand what you are talking about.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

inb4 this is actually FE Switch.

OH GOD PLZ NO!

Honestly, it it's just a graphical update to Fates, I wouldn't be interested at all.  However, if it improved upon Fates such as fixing the story bits (although that would have to take a some time), adding in certain supports (Ryoma and Scarlet were made for each other!), and just generally fixing Fates' errors, then yeah I'd probably get it or at least consider it.  But if it's just an all-included routes package with a shiny coat of paint, meh.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

inb4 this is actually FE Switch.

shootmenow

Don't worry, this isn't FE Switch. IS already said that's going to be a brand new game.

If this was real though, I'd be like fucking hell, seriously? If any FE needs released/remade right now, it's FE4 and FE5. Hell, Elibe and Tellius should come before any 3DS FEs are remade too.

14 minutes ago, ThatOneWeakArcher said:

I looked up the news articles talking about the leak but every time the showed the official version. Please show a link so I can understand what you are talking about.

Do you mean the Shovel Knight amiibo? Before it was officially announced a retailer (Best Buy, I think) listed it with the Smashified artwork. It's been taken down by now, of course. I can't find a screenshot of the store page, but this is the (fake) boxart they used.

1 minute ago, Florete said:

Do you mean the Shovel Knight amiibo? Before it was officially announced a retailer (Best Buy, I think) listed it with the Smashified artwork. It's been taken down by now, of course. I can't find a screenshot of the store page, but this is the (fake) boxart they used.

Ok, thanks for the info.

1 hour ago, ThatOneWeakArcher said:

Why would Nintendo, being so paranoid of copyright infringement, use fan art as it's placeholder.

it would probably be somebody at Amazon

Fire Emblem Fates COMPLETE Edition? Ha, not without the face petting feature that you CENSORED you SJW treehouse cucks lol I'll just emulate the Japanese version so NoA doesn't get my money

For serious though, I'd react pretty negatively. Because all of the resources that go to upping the resolution and graphics of Fates could have gone towards FE Switch looking better, and I want the first Fire Emblem game in High Def resolution to look gorgeous.

....As someone who has gotten the full game by now, HELL NO!

This kind of enhanced port stuff keeps happening, and I have tolerated too much of it lately. A line has to be drawn somewhere, and I think this is over that line by a long margin. 

11 hours ago, ThatOneWeakArcher said:

Because it isn't Nintendy that puts this stuff up.  Though if this was an official seller putting this up, they'd probably have to get permission from Nintendo, which would mean they'd need to use official artwork or none at all.  But like someone said earlier, this kind of stuff can happen, if only ever occasionally.

11 hours ago, Anacybele said:

If this was real though, I'd be like fucking hell, seriously? If any FE needs released/remade right now, it's FE4 and FE5. Hell, Elibe and Tellius should come before any 3DS FEs are remade too.

Though this wouldn't be a remake, or at least I don't think it'd be.  Then again, the Switch is a lot more powerful than the 3DS, so they'd probably be obligated to at least touch up the graphics.

Anyway, if this meant that we'd get the DLC that we missed out on before (like those festival DLCs), then sure, though I would hope they'd release that DLC on the 3DS version as well.  Otherwise, I'd see no reason to buy it after having already spent as much money as all the paths and DLC packs cost.  That is, unless they overhauled the game... and of course, if they released it in the full, complete version instead of in separate paths.

In any case, this would kind of look bad no matter how they handled it, especially if it somehow meant that the new FE Switch game was stalled.  They'd need to wait at least five years after its initial release to port it.  So in other words, they'd need to port it in 2020.  Though I would hate to see this become the next Resident Evil 4 in that regard.  Seriously, we don't need a PC version, a PS4 version, PS5 version, XBox Scorpio XXX Deluxe version, New Nintendo Switch version, and a 20th Anniversary Edition of this game.

Spoiler

Though if it came out for the PC, then maybe I could get some mods off of Nexus Mods so that I can dress Takumi and Oboro in distasteful and ill-fitting slutty outfits, and acquire unnecessary nudification mods so that I can turn My Castle into an armed nudist colony...

... or, you know, get a mod that gives the game an actually good story.  And makes it so that Oboro and Takumi don't die in CQ.