My Blitzkrieg Playthrough Stats (And All 32 Awards Obtained!!)

With the Blitzkrieg Award obtained, I've finally obtained all 32 Awards/Achievements for Fire Emblem Echoes!!

WVW69kebc9ACbud_3V

Since I jotted down the turncounts during my Blitzkrieg playthrough, I figured I might as well share them. For most of the playthrough, I tried to defeat all chapters in as little turns as possible, though without resorting to insanely risky strategies (like bumrushing with fragile units or constantly rigging for criticals). Feel free to comment/question any of the turncounts in any of the chapters. Miscellaneous skirmishes include things like monsters I was unable to get away from in dungeons (and resetting being unfeasible/too time consuming in the circumstances), purposely encountering monsters to help get one more level for promotion purposes. and spawning enemy encounters on the world map screen (which I always tried to face separately from the story battles, to not get overwhelmed by tons of enemy units).

Act 1

Ram woods - 3
Fleecer's forest - 5
Sique Saving Battle - 3
Ram Valley - 10
Southern Outpost - 6
South Zofia - 3
South Zofia 2 - 5
Zofia Castle - 14

CHAPTER TOTAL: 49

Act 2

Skirmish (Novis graves) - 4
Pirates 1 - 5
Pirates 2 - 5
Pirate Throne - 5
Pirates 3 - 5
Pirates 4 - 5
Pirates 5 - 5
Beast Hunt (Necrodragons) - 5
Battle in front of castle w/Celica - 3

Misc. Battles - 2

CHAPTER TOTAL: 44

Act 3

ALM:

Northern Zofia - 6
Zofia Forest 1 - 4
Forest Crossroads - 3
Desaix's Fort - 8
Zofia Forest 2 - 5
Forest Northside - 6
Sluice Gate - 8

Misc. Battles - 5

ALM TOTAL: 45

CELICA:

Zofian Coast - 5
Skirmish (graveyard) - 3
Desert Fort - 5
Desert (against Sonya) - 5
Grieth's Citadel - 13
Valley Approach - 3
Temple of Mila - 9

Misc. Battles - 10

CELICA TOTAL: 53

Act 4

ALM:

Border - 8
Rigel Forest - 6
Fear Mountain - 8
Nuibaba's Abode - 20
Rigel Plains - 4
Rigel Falls - 9
Last Bastion - 11
Rigel Castle - 9

Misc. Battles - 15

ALM TOTAL: 90

CELICA:

Dead Man's Mire - 8
Skirmish (Necrodragons) - 2
Dolth Keep - 6
Duma Gate - 9
Swamps of Duma - 6
Duma Tower Forced Encounter 1 - 3
Duma Tower Forced Encounter 2 - 3
Duma Tower Forced Encounter 3 - 7

Misc. Battles - 7

CELICA TOTAL: 51

Act 5

Berkut Battle - 6
Falchion Trial 1 - 4
Falchion Trial 2 - 3
Falchion Trial 3 - 4
The Final Battle - 11

CHAPTER TOTAL: 28

GRAND TOTAL: 360

This was a Normal/Casual Blitzkrieg, by the way.

I'm not sure If I got the turn count exactly right, but since I got the Blitzkrieg Award at the end of the playthrough, I guess it doesn't matter too much either way.

Turncount-wise, I should probably point out that I retreated at turn 3 in Rigel Falls and revisited and defeated it on turn 6, in order to defeat all the enemies at the bottom-right corner and start off fresh position/health-wise by revisiting. 

I'm not sure if 20 turns for Nuibaba's Abode is too slow or not. All I know was that chapter was torture since I had no Dread Fighters yet, no one was strong enough to be warped up the mountain and survive, I went the long way around, and at the end I ended up going crazy sending lots of units against the magic casters at the top with a lot of my own units being defeated (since they were going to get defeated by going slow and not reckless anyways).

I Mercenary-forked Lukas, Clive, and Valbar. Clive actually turned out quite well (then again, I guess anyone as a mercenary does well, but Clive's high HP and strength really supplemented the mercenary line's high base speed). For villagers, I used Mercenary Gray, Mage Kliff, Archer Tobin, Cavalier Faye, and Archer Atlas. Only the former two made it on my final team, in regards to base villagers. And I didn't go for the "more optimal" villager promotions like Mage Tobin and Cleric Faye since Cavalier Faye is literally the only promotion of hers I didn't try out yet and I wanted to promote Alm's 3 friends into their heavily implied classes to see how well they'd turn out in those classes.

My final team for Duma was as follows (I might be a bit off on "before promotion" levels):

Alm (Hero) Lv. 15/10
Lukas (Dread Fighter) Lv. 7/10/8/12/4
Gray (Dread Fighter) 6/8/10/4
Kliff (Sage) Lv. 3/12/7
Silque (Cleric) Lv. 10
Clair (Pegasus Knight) Lv. 10
Clive (Dread Fighter) Lv. 6/3/7/6
Mathilda (Gold Knight) Lv. ??/10/3
Delthea (Mage) Lv. 13
Tatiana (Saint) Lv. ??/5

Celica (Princess) Lv. 15/7
Mae (Priestess) Lv. 14/1
Genny (Saint) Lv. 12/1
Saber (Dread Fighter) Lv. 7/11/3
Valbar (Dread Fighter) Lv. ??/1/3/8/11
Palla (Falcon Knight) Lv. 12/5
Catria (Falcon Knight) Lv. 12/3
Jesse (Myrmidon) Lv. 7/7
Deen (Dread Fighter) Lv. ??/10/1
Conrad (Gold Knight) Lv. ??/10/1

People that didn't make it to my final team as as follows:

Tobin (Sniper) Lv. 3/7/6
Faye (Paladin) Lv. 3/7/4
Forsyth (Knight) Lv. 7/4
Python (Sniper) Lv. 7/6
Luthier (Mage) Lv. 10
Zeke (Gold Knight) Lv. 3
Mycen (Gold Knight) Lv. 7

Boey (Mage) Lv. 6
Kamui (Myrmidon) Lv. 7/3
Leon (Sniper) Lv. 7/7
Atlas (Archer) Lv. 10/4
Est (Pegasus Knight) Lv. 6
Nomah (Sage) Lv. 7

I'm including the list of characters that didn't make it in the final team because I really wanted to show that even late joiners and units that are considered bad still have their uses in a low-turn playthrough and can even see promotion. I'm pleasantly surprised that Forsyth was able to contribute a good amount. 

On a somewhat similar note, if you're wondering why I picked Jesse over Kamui in my final team, it just so happened that with my low-turn playthrough, Kamui happened to be at level 6 right when I got Jesse. Since they were the same level, but Jesse had better stats overall compared to Kamui, I focused more on levelling Jesse than Kamui. I'm not trying to say Jesse is better than Kamui in the long run. It just happened that way in my Blitzkrieg playthrough.

Anyways, the thread's topic is questions and comments regarding this playthrough, as well as general Blitzkrieg/low turncount discussion/strategy recommendations. And please go easy on me. This is the first time I've actually succeeded in doing a low turncount playthrough in any FE game, as well as doing no excessive grinding in FE2/15.

Wow, Dread Fighter Clive even lmao.

I still need to finish my Hard/Classic Blitzkrieg... I've just finished Ch. 4 sitting at 330 turns, but I've been procrastinating on Ch. 5 because it means I have to deal with running away from dungeon enemies again. Here are my turn counts so far, if you're interested.  The only DLC used was one pair of Boots, which I gave to Celica, because honestly 4 Mov is so unjust for her lol.

Nuibaba's Abode took me 8 turns. I'd say not making Faye into a Cleric 100% cost you this map, because Warp + Rescue is pretty much mandatory if you want to clear it reasonably fast. What I did was have Silque and Faye Warp + Rescue Alm to Double Lion everything while staying safe, including Nuibaba (I needed Alm to take a hit from Nuibaba with the Hexlock Shield since Silque didn't have enough Warp range otherwise), then have Delthea (with Coral Ring's Art keeping her safe against Dread Fighters) and Gray scale the mountain. I can't remember if Sage Tobin went up as well. Then I had Mathilda and Paladin Kliff go the long route to the other side to deal with two Dread Fighters and an Arcanist near the back.

Not having a single Dread Fighter at Nuibaba's Abode is actually strange. Maybe it's because you forked multiple people into Mercs, and since more people became useful, EXP became spread too thin between them.

I invested an EXP fountain, forges and kills on Kamui, and honestly, he is possibly the worst investment I made in this run. He's by no means bad, but Saber's constant level and promotion lead over him meant he was not useful relative to the resources I put into him. If I had to do it again, I would, like you, not bother to get Kamui up to Dread Fighter.

Surprised to see that you didn't use Leon that much. He's not super great, but he is the only Archer you get on Celica side, and I've found Bow Knight Leon to be quite valuable. Though, it seems you did alright without him.

Forsyth, Python and Luthier were insta-bench for me. I just couldn't find any way for the former two to contribute after Chapter 1. I think Python truly needs to have his first one or two levels be blessed in order to have any chance of getting caught up, and even then I'm not sure, because I've found Archers very hard to train on Alm side in general. However, not having ANY Archer (shoulda made Kliff into one instead of Cav tbh) makes Chapter 4 Alm side much much slower, so it's a tough dilemma. Luthier joins way too late, because going to Forest Village before Desaix has a really high chance of causing a map spawn, and if you don't bring him to Desaix he's basically as useful as Atlas promoting after Grieth. And guess what, Delthea joins after Ch. 3 anyway lol.

Where did you train up Conrad? His terrible starting offense was a real problem, such that I pretty much gave up on him. I still brought him along to Duma Tower because of his good bases in everything else, but I couldn't really get him to promote.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Yeah, I'll admit that Dread Fighter Clive may have been a ridiculous idea. Still, in regards to using all 3 Pitchforks to make Blitzkrieg easier, I couldn't think of a good potential 3rd candidate for it, in regards to someone who joins early enough and has good bases. I even made a thread asking which 3 characters to Pitchfork in a low-turn playthrough, but I only got one response.

Most people have Dread Fighters by the time Nuibaba's Abode is reached? Interesting. Based on how much I was trying to cut down the turn count, I thought it was normal to not have Dread Fighters by that point without grinding. I think you're right about my EXP being spread too thin, though.

I'm curious (since you mentioned not bringing Kamui to Dread Fighter next time), how many Dread Fighters did you have at the end of your playthrough on Celica's side? I always thought you should have at least 3 (Saber and Deen usually being 2 of them in optimal playthroughs), due to how many magic enemies Celica's side has.

Leon, I did use quite a lot in the early and mid part of Celica's chapters, but when it came to picking a 10th member for Duma Tower, I think Jesse won out due to his higher overall stats and me thinking I could get him to Dread Fighter during Duma's Tower. 

In regards to getting Luthier, I was lucky enough to not have a map spawn from Desaix.

I can't remember for sure where I got Conrad from level 8 to 9, but I do remember getting from level 7 to 8 in Duma Gate and going from level 9 to 10 in Duma Tower. For level 8 to 9, I'm guessing it was either one of the later enemies in Duma Gate, or one of the Jedah summoned Mogalls in the Swamps of Duma.

I actually decided to finally finish my run. I double checked my turn count with the end results and realized that I had written down less than I actually had for one or two fights. My final count is 368 (same link as in my above post). My biggest problems were Celica Act 3 (Desert Fortress stumps me), and no Archer for Alm Act 4, which is a death sentence. If I had a Bow Knight, I'm sure I could have saved at least half of those 18 turns to reach 350. Oh well.

Dread Fighter Gray is a very very big priority on Alm's side. I can't 100% remember if I got him to DF after Sluice Gate or Border, but ideally you want him after Sluice Gate.

I brought two, Saber and Kamui, but Kamui was fairly useless aside from killing Witches in my memory. A Dread Fighter's biggest contribution (on Hard, and to me at least) is to be able to safely bait enemy Dreads without taking a billion damage, because only they have a good chance of matching enemy Attack Speed AND not take too much damage (Celica and Catria can match the Speed with some luck, but their bulk isn't that great). And on most maps, you only really need one Dread Fighter to do this. They might take half damage from magic, but really, Arcanists are so slow, while Witches are fragile AND slow, so a lot of other units can just ORKO them. Again, you just need one to draw all the mages close.

I actually picked Sonya instead of Deen because I didn't expect Kamui to fall behind so drastically. Sonya did contribute a bit, but Deen is better.

I actually scrounged up enough Silver to get Leon a Killer Bow, and the rest is explanatory.

For forking, Dread Fighter Lukas is a prime candidate, but Pegasus Mae is another one. There are two ways to go about it. You can grind Mae from Villager to Peg before leaving Novis Island, which actually makes her ridiculous for all of the boat maps, and she will proceed to snowball most of Celica side. However, because of how Novis Cemetery is designed, this is pretty hard on the turns. So the other way is to Fork at Sea Shrine, which means you won't get her as soon, but since she will already have some growths to buff up her stats, even her Villager form is combat ready, so it's a race to get her three levels before Act 2 ends. Shouldn't be too hard, especially since there are two EXP fountains at Sea Shrine that you could just blow on her (though whether or not that is wise is debatable, especially since instant Falcoknight Palla is apparently one of the few ways to low turn Desert Fortress on Hard).

Alternatively, you can get the Cipher DLC, get Shade and Yuzu for Celica side in Act 2, then Fork Yuzu into a Pegasus. Yuzu performs poorly as a Priestess, but Peg Yuzu is actually game-breaking. My friend did it, and she has 17 Atk and 18 Spd at level 1 Peg. Going right into Act 3.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

1 minute ago, SpearOfLies said:

Just before Zofia castle. I mostly interested on the mage than the cleric.

Level 9 Mage for Mae is possible, but not recommended, since it means Celica has to step aside for Mae to kill things, when Celica could just be doing everything. There's pretty much no way Genny can reach Level 7 in Act 2 without additional fights, though, since it's actually quite hard for Clerics to catch up without skirmish EXP and more post-battle EXP.

9 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Level 9 Mage for Mae is possible, but not recommended, since it means Celica has to step aside for Mae to kill things, when Celica could just be doing everything. There's pretty much no way Genny can reach Level 7 in Act 2 without additional fights, though, since it's actually quite hard for Clerics to catch up without skirmish EXP and more post-battle EXP.

I should say Zofia castle of act 1?

2 minutes ago, SpearOfLies said:

I should say Zofia castle of act 1?

Oh, I was thinking of Act 2 for some reason. Nope, that's pretty much not possible. Mage Tobin, who is the best mage at low levels, still has trouble reaching level 6 in Act 1. For Clerics, you simply can't get to level 7 without additional battles. You'd just reach about level 3 or 4 at best unless you forgo saving turns.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Oh, I was thinking of Act 2 for some reason. Nope, that's pretty much not possible. Mage Tobin, who is the best mage at low levels, still has trouble reaching level 6 in Act 1. For Clerics, you simply can't get to level 7 without additional battles. You'd just reach about level 3 or 4 at best unless you forgo saving turns.

I see. When I feel want to do a brizkieg run, I will try to see how many turn I can save at act 3 alm side with mage!grey with drago shield + tobin + cleric!faye combo.

2 minutes ago, SpearOfLies said:

I see. When I feel want to do a brizkieg run, I will try to see how many turn I can save at act 3 alm side with mage!grey with drago shield + tobin + cleric!faye combo.

Well... Mage Gray's start is as bad as Kliff's (only 1 Attack Speed with Fire), except he doesn't even get great spells to save him. At least he has Sagittae, but only at Level 9.

Also, getting the Dracoshield in Blitzkrieg is impractical, because of how long it takes to chip Desaix.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Well... Mage Gray's start is as bad as Kliff's (only 1 Attack Speed with Fire), except he doesn't even get great spells to save him. At least he has Sagittae, but only at Level 9.

Also, getting the Dracoshield in Blitzkrieg is impractical, because of how long it takes to chip Desaix.

With Sagittae you can take him down relative fast cause it actual do more than 1 damage. I don't remember the correct number but it was around 5 damage x 2 hits. I just notice thus because I was doing a everyonewanttobeamage run.

Just now, SpearOfLies said:

With Sagittae you can take him down relative fast cause it actual do more than 1 damage. I don't remember the correct number but it was around 5 damage x 2 hits. I just notice thus because I was doing a everyonewanttobeamage run.

Well keep in mind, even in a normal non-Blitzkrieg run, unless you grind like crazy, you won't get a mage at level 9 until around the time you beat Desaix in Chapter 3. Achieving this in Chapter 1 requires a lot of grinding, and unlike Mage Tobin, Mage Gray can't just solo the rest of Desaix's enemies on his own.

And since Sagittae has 11 weight, I'm not sure if you can even double Desaix without some luck.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Well keep in mind, even in a normal non-Blitzkrieg run, unless you grind like crazy, you won't get a mage at level 9 until around the time you beat Desaix in Chapter 3. Achieving this in Chapter 1 requires a lot of grinding, and unlike Mage Tobin, Mage Gray can't just solo the rest of Desaix's enemies on his own.

And since Sagittae has 11 weight, I'm not sure if you can even double Desaix without some luck.

I guess I remember wrong about double and may also damage. Too busy currently and it was just something peculia I remember.