What are your guilty pleasures involving Heroes?

XRay

What are your guilty pleasures involving Heroes or Fire Emblem in general?

Mine is playing Heroes and browsing Serenes Forest at work, like right now. I spent the last hour being unproductive.

I am not sure if this counts as a guilty pleasure since it is just a one time thing. I remember ignoring my parent's calls once to finish my Tempest Trials run... and then I did not call back. I did pick up the phone later though when they called again. I just lied that I went grocery shopping.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is actually visiting this particular board 95% of the time. I don't have the game nor sufficient interest (there's a little) to get it, I just lurk and occasionally post something not related to the gameplay minutiae. I waste my time, regretting that I'm not using my time more productively and actually working on my VG backlog. I need to crack down on my SF visits as a whole and actually play more games instead of chatting about them.

Anytime I see Genny or use Genny I can't help but repeat this over and over in my head, which then turns into me saying it out loud in a horrible mock high pitch voice. The family usually just stares at me awkwardly hoping I stop.

Genny.gif

Staring at Narcian.

He's just so...marvelous. And has the greatest delivery on the line "My talents are legion. My abilities unparalleled". I 5 starred him before Michalis or Zephiel like I had been planning and I don't regret it one bit.

Playing Heroes

I will sometimes talk to myself as if I'm addressing the characters, like when Matthew says, "And now?"

Using assists to set up flashy yet completely unecessary KOs to drag out a map. This also includes moving Lukas in range of every single red unit in TT.

And as always, there's visiting this board and being completely unproductive.

Spending money on it.

I'll just come out and admit that I really enjoyed watching Lucina and Camilla obliterate their opponents in the first two voting gauntlets though now with the multiplier I'll never get to see blowouts like that again, another reason why I don't like it. I particularly took pleasure in watching Eirika, Ephraim and Hinoka get sent straight to the Shadow Realm.

I also take almost sadistic pleasure in overkilling characters I don't like / am entirely sick of running into. Watching my +Res TA Soren laugh off Reinhardt's pathetic attempts at trying to harm him followed by Soren literally blowing him back all the way to Jugdral will never get old.

How interesting. Most of us do not sound like we are ready to repent. Maybe guilty is not the right word. Haha.

@Interdimensional Observer You deserve a reward for confronting your sins. How about treating yourself to a new Fire Emblem game by downloading Heroes for FREE? I promise it will not empty your wallet nor destroy your social life.

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Soren literally blowing him

Blasphemy! Soren would never betray Ike like that. What have you done to poor Soren to fulfill your sadistic pleasure?

Edited by XRay

Jabbing at my favorite characters' faces just so they would talk to me and I can hear their voice.. xP

And poking Bridal Lyn in particular just so I can hear her say, "I know, I know, I KNOW.  This really doesn't suit me."

I love building up and using my favorite characters in general but my #1 guilty pleasure unit is Soren who has had two other units promoted to 5* on his behalf already with another three planned. 

If I run across people in the arena with Soren as their rep I'll send them a friend request if they have an interesting build on him. 

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

VG

Wait wait

VG as in Vain Glory?

There really is no guilty pleasure for me. I purposely kill things with Nino when any other unit could suffice, but I don't feel particularly guilty about that.

I feel pretty good about it

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Blasphemy! Soren would never betray Ike like that. What have you done to poor Soren to fulfill your sadistic pleasure?

Well for starters, Soren doesn't even have an Ike to betray in my barracks to begin with. Secondly, I had a feeling in the back of my mind that if I worded it like that, someone would go there but I also didn't think anyone actually would. Thanks for proving me wrong, I guess.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

How interesting. Most of us do not sound like we are ready to repent. Maybe guilty is not the right word. Haha.

i would like to repent, but only because i think the game is poorly designed, it will be replaced by another vice sooner or later

Just now, Tybrosion said:

Well for starters, Soren doesn't even have an Ike to betray in my barracks to begin with. Secondly, I had a feeling in the back of my mind that if I worded it like that, someone would go there but I also didn't think anyone actually would. Thanks for proving me wrong, I guess.

Never underestimate the likelihood that people will jump always jump to the naughty meaning of any phrase ever. We are all middle schoolers on the inside.

4 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Never underestimate the likelihood that people will jump always jump to the naughty meaning of any phrase ever. We are all middle schoolers on the inside.

Yeah, I should've realized that in hindsight. After all, I also have the maturity of a middle school student or hell maybe even of a five year old.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Maybe it is because you made Soren betray Ike in the first place, that is why Ike is so heart broken and refused your summoning and told Henry to show up instead!

4 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

So that is why Wrys constantly smiles at me.

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

Maybe it is because you made Soren betray Ike in the first place, that is why Ike is so heart broken and refused your summoning and told Henry to show up instead!

Eh, I guess Ike just isn't in any hurry to join Soren just like how Celica won't come to see Alm or how Elise won't join the rest of her blood siblings. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get Ike even though I already have the other two Distant Counter sword dudes but since he's one of favorites, it'll probably take a few more months minimum until he decides to turn up. Still waiting on Cordelia's forgiveness for betraying her in the flyer gauntlet for Camilla as well :(. Oh and for the record, two Henrys showed up in my first pull from Ike's banner, not just one.

Grinding TT on easy with my 4 5-stars. The difficulty spike between Normal and Hard is just insane, so I can't be bothered to go through that just for 280~ points. Getting a guaranteed 276 points is better in my book, and I've gotten 5-star Tobin by now. :V I also want to keep one of each hero, like a dragon who hoards heroes. I know I should be using the Skill Inherit mechanic, but I'd rather just use the heroes as they are, and worry about SI later.

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Eh, I guess Ike just isn't in any hurry to join Soren just like how Celica won't come to see Alm or how Elise won't join the rest of her blood siblings. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get Ike even though I already have the other two Distant Counter sword dudes but since he's one of favorites, it'll probably take a few more months minimum until he decides to turn up. Still waiting on Cordelia's forgiveness for betraying her in the flyer gauntlet for Camilla as well :(. Oh and for the record, two Henrys showed up in my first pull from Ike's banner, not just one.

Ike must really hate you to send two Henrys.

19 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

Wait wait

VG as in Vain Glory?

Ah Vainglory. Years ago I recall watching some (rather dramatized and hence quite possibly inaccurate- I wouldn't be surprised by that) History Channel documentary detailing the Seven Deadly Sins in seven episodes. And how I do recall that therein, the Pride episode stated that Pride was originally two sins, Pride and Vainglory. Pride, the show said, was you feel sinfully good because of yourself. Vainglory, was you feeling sinfully good because of others.

Vainglory! None of us here who post are without it! Vainglory is the sin of social media. Even if we be not the troll, the crass creature who provokes and posts solely for the sweet high of Vainglory, we, so as long as we exhibit any care about whether people respond to our expressions, are Vainglorious. How many of you here, when you log on look to see if anyone has quoted or mentioned you with anticipation? The sight of that little white number in a red dot, it is an addiction. Likes, friends, and followers- when these things are given to a charitable cause or good person, they are nothing bad at all. But when bestowed on the restless seeker of fifteen minutes of fame who has no goals beyond garnering for themselves the love of anonymous others, more ephemeral and intangible to them than a dream, serves only to inflate an ego and encourage the desirer of sin and others like them to want it more.

Praise the lurker of the message board, and to they who can limit their partaking of social media. And even more, praise the refined soul, able to curtail their want of this meaningless vanity entirely, and live a life wholly productive and unattached to the short-lived passions of society!

(I do confess to have sinned in posting this. I am like Kichijiro from the novel Silence- a pathetic soul, who professes to being weak and sinful, but only continues to be profess about this and does nothing to cease their worthlessness.)

What!?! A topic about sin deserves a little preaching, even if it be from a sinner.