What are your guilty pleasures involving Heroes?

XRay

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, jameslove001 said:

I think my guilty pleasure is two mages and two dancers. It is usually Tharja and either Nino or Julia depending on how the arenas tend to run that week and Olivia plus Ninian. I am usually able to navigate maps pretty well that way.

That is nothing to be guilty about. Some people run Horse Emblem or worse (like me). I use an Askr Leader to bait people into fighting my defense team, but once they do, they will immediately see three merged +Atk Reinhardts with his best skill set.

On 7/17/2017 at 10:53 AM, Veidin said:

Anytime I see Genny or use Genny I can't help but repeat this over and over in my head, which then turns into me saying it out loud in a horrible mock high pitch voice. The family usually just stares at me awkwardly hoping I stop.

Genny.gif

I need to get me a Genny...

On 7/17/2017 at 11:29 AM, Ice Dragon said:

Poking my characters to have them talk.

Particularly Gwendolyn, Fae, Hana, and Selena. Saber, Narcien, and Bartre are fun to listen to, too.

Yup. This. Though for me, it's mostly Raven, because he just doesn't like getting poked. 

Sully's fun to poke for that one line as well...

On 7/18/2017 at 7:01 AM, Cute Chao said:

Exactly!

I only have 3* Berkut currently, but he also sounds irritated by the poking. Not as much as Michalis, though. xD

Now I'm gonna go poke him....

-----

My biggest "guilty pleasure", is to repeat their lines, but sound as close to them as possible. I guess it isn't completely unproductive, since I'd like to get into voice acting. Every little bit helps. 

I managed to nail Selena, and almost nail Sakura, Julia, and to an extent, F!Corrin... And that's really all considering what I have in my roster... Elise and Genny need to join me >_<

3 hours ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

My biggest "guilty pleasure", is to repeat their lines, but sound as close to them as possible. I guess it isn't completely unproductive, since I'd like to get into voice acting. Every little bit helps. 

I'd do that too if I wasn't so embarassed over my voice

Just now, Hero_Lucina said:

I'd do that too if I wasn't so embarassed over my voice

Don't be. Every voice is unique. I believe everyone will find their niche. My family hosted exchange students while I grew up. I would quickly pick up on speech patterns, accents and the linguistics. My mom also threw me at talent agencies and put me in acting lessons when I was small, but I had no interest in modelling or acting on screen. 

The embarrassing part is when people start knocking on your bedroom door and question your sanity for constantly talking to yourself and not making sense.

2 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Don't be. Every voice is unique. I believe everyone will find their niche. My family hosted exchange students while I grew up. I would quickly pick up on speech patterns, accents and the linguistics. My mom also threw me at talent agencies and put me in acting lessons when I was small, but I had no interest in modelling or acting on screen. 

The embarrassing part is when people start knocking on your bedroom door and question your sanity for constantly talking to yourself and not making sense.

Oh ok. 

20 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Keep the faith - I only got my first one recently (I think on Roderick's banner), and then a duplicate whilst pulling for Saber ^.^

Thanks! I'll keep going until I get enough Eirikas to have a full team of them at +10, although I'm sure that's going to take years hahaha.

6 hours ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Arcanite knows how my voice sounds. They sort of liked it.

You know, after playing a few more rounds of Tempest Trials today (I somehow forgot it ended and am trying to get to 40k), I realize one of my guiltiest pleasures is how high the number gets for Masked Marth with Astra...will I bust 100, let's see!

My guilty pleasure in Heroes is making unusual builds or adding weird twists to certain heroes but somehow works out well. Usually, the units that get involved in my mad experimenting are Cavalry units.

One for instance is Darting Blow (soon to become Swift Sparrow) for my Cecilia who will be a Blade-tome user soon. Also if I get a +SPD Reinhardt (as long his bane isn't -ATK), I might do the same to him as my Cecilia (NOTE: Bladetome Reinhardt).

I also have plans too involving making Eldigan and Clive double stuff and still hit hard; but that's because I'm a Horse Emblem player.

Edited by Frosty

34 minutes ago, Frosty said:

My guilty pleasure in Heroes is making unusual builds or adding weird twists to certain heroes but somehow works out well. Usually, the units that get involved in my mad experimenting are Cavalry units.

One for instance is Darting Blow (soon to become Swift Sparrow) for my Cecilia who will be a Blade-tome user soon. Also if I get a +SPD Reinhardt (as long his bane isn't -ATK), I might do the same to him as my Cecilia (NOTE: Bladetome Reinhardt).

I also have plans too involving making Eldigan and Clive double stuff and still hit hard; but that's because I'm a Horse Emblem player.

Blade Reinhardt is not bad. I have a +Spd on the bench right now, but I will get to building him eventually.

My guilty pleasure is imagining my characters reenacting fight scenes from other media. Nino/Blade!Ursula as Gilgamesh from Fate/Stay Night is a common one. 

Recently in a TT, my team was down to two people, Marth and Bridelia on the last level. Bridelia got a kill or two in but fell so it was just Marth vs 4 others. He killed them all and I imagined the Arthur Dayne fight (GoT) with a slightly different ending.

Overkilling any non TA unit by abusing Gronnbalde Nino to obtain +Atk 4, +Spd 4, and +Res +4  from her allies. She's merged and has unbuffed 50 Atk, and 43 Spd. I imagine Horse Emblem users have a similar addiction.

43 minutes ago, Logos said:

Overkilling any non TA unit by abusing Gronnbalde Nino to obtain +Atk 4, +Spd 4, and +Res +4  from her allies. She's merged and has unbuffed 50 Atk, and 43 Spd. I imagine Horse Emblem users have a similar addiction.

I run B!Cordelia+10, with 54 unbuffed attack using Brave Bow. The only thing stopping her are Raven mages and the crazy amount of forts in this week's Arena maps.

I guess for me it is either summoning immediately for the special event banners and not getting the orb color I want and repeating that for basically the entire length of the banner until I somehow get a unit I did not want of the event banner(for example, spring banner I wanted Lucina and got Camilla, Bride banner I wanted Cordelia and only got Caeda, no kidding on that, $70 along with orbs from quests and stuff and I only got Caeda as a 5 star, and with the summer banner I've pulled F!Robin while trying to get Tiki, now I can still get Tiki but I am doubting it with how rare green orbs are for me and how often they're Bartre.

Besides that what I do often is skill inherit all my spare units skills onto Cordelia, at the moment she has about 40+ skills to learn since I pushed Galeforce onto her asap (I also pulled her as a 4 star during the summer banner so she's still a new unit)

15 hours ago, XRay said:

Blade Reinhardt is not bad. I have a +Spd on the bench right now, but I will get to building him eventually.

What's interesting is that he hits hard and becomes fast when he gets Horse Emblem buffs and factoring in Swift Sparrow or Darting Blow.

If one would go for Darting Blow, he gets 42 SPD; meanwhile one could also go for Swift Sparrow so that he'll hit hard and still be fairly fast at 40 SPD on player phase.

I'm also planning to invert their roles making Olwen the Dire Thunder user with a similar A-passive and Desperation with 3-cooldown proc skill such as Iceberg. We all know what happens if she can quad-hit an enemy.

Edited by Frosty

Does wanting to use Saber and MRobin count?

Because I am going to train those two up.

Also I'm gonna train up Alfonse. Because.