Pet peeves

Ronnie

What makes you tick?

For me it's people who talk incredibly loud when they're right next to each other. Let's just say being in a high school full of ghetto people was quite the torturous experience.

Its I couldn't care less. If you could care less it means you do in fact care about the thing you're trying to say you don't care about. 

Comparisons between Napoleon and Hitler, as well as Trump and Caesar also makes me roll my eyes. Yes I know that's a nerdy gripe to have. 

Pet Peeves include. 

Taking Mainstream Reviewers as Gospel 
Not allowing someone to have their opinion 
completely shutting someone out regardless if they have a point that may be a good one from their PoV.
generalization (and even I'm guilty of this at times oops). 

Edited by Jedi

I hate when people say "it's okay!" to me, when I'm clearly upset or something has gone wrong. No, it's not okay, and you can shut up please.

Other pet peeves:

• People who think it's okay to waste food
  • Being told what to do

I have a friend who does all three of these things, and it pisses me off to no end.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Its I couldn't care less. If you could care less it means you do in fact care about the thing you're trying to say you don't care about. 

Comparisons between Napoleon and Hitler, as well as Trump and Caesar also makes me roll my eyes. Yes I know that's a nerdy gripe to have. 

ugh same. But I find it funny sometimes when i explain it and the person gets confused lol

The ones I can think of at the moment.

• When people talk as if they know everything about a superhero, but they have only watched the movies.  Yeah, you can be a fan, but don't talk as if you know everything about the character.
  • When I wear my Superboy shirt and people keep saying it's Superman.. I don't know why I get annoyed by this, but I just do.
  • Loud chewing of any sort which coincides with people chewing with their mouth open.
  • Unnecessarily loud people.

People that refer to Final Fantasy 4 and 6 as Final Fantasy 2 and 3. I don't freaking care what your SNES cartridge says, 2 and 3 eventually got localized and are different freaking games then 4 and 6.

Also, another pet peeve is when doesn't localize a game in a series that has several installments in America (Fire Emblem 12). It's annoying

People telling me to be calm/patient. This is a very efficient way to make me 4x angrier or impatient/anxious.

Also, smugness. I always feel the need to shove said strawman-like person's smugness back at them and scrub their faces with it, even if it makes me no better than or possibly worse than them. It's still very rewarding and worth it, so I'm ok with this.

Whenever a video game I'm playing is called boring. My younger cousin constantly does this whenever I play something like Fire Emblem, and then further irks me by stating hos his games are more cool and hip.

Being taunted for not winning in something or not doing something properly. Like my younger cousin calling me a loser because a newbie like me can't beat a guy in Tekken 5, because he knows all the moves and controls, or when a friend taunts me for getting lesser marks then them in a test.

When people tell me to do something for them when I'm clearly doing something else for some other person at the moment, and then getting angry at me, even if I say I'll do it for them after I finished my current task.

When people say I look sleepy, even though I'm not. My eyes are just small, deal with it.

People getting as close to me as possible when I am in line I don't like it when people are literally breathing down my neck have some respect people.

People bumping in to me and not saying sorry for it, I wear an insulin pump and when people bump me I have to go through a check to make sure that my pump didn't come out or off and it makes me mad when normal people have no respect for what I have to go through to live a normal life.

When old people cut in front of me in line without asking, if they ask I might let them in but if they do it with out asking I will get out of line muttering about them and never go back to that store again.

People making diabetic jokes when they know nothing about either type of diabetes and thinking that they are so funny when I am wishing they had to go through what I have to for a day and then say that joke again.  My immune system attacked my pancreas when I was 3 for no reason and that is what caused my type 1 diabetes, not my parents giving me candy.  Type 2 diabetes is not just caused by too much sugar or being over weight either, but I won't get in to that argument here.