First preview of Bond Conversations

VincentASM

54 minutes ago, Thane said:

Anyway, I sort of expected us to get more than that, and I had hoped it'd be more about Chrom being a descendant of Marth. This seems a tad too similar to an "our bonds are awesome!" kind of conversation. Oh well, we shall see.

You shouldn't, just gotta say that now, while some Warriors games do have some good dialog & conversations, its never going to be super high quality stuff. 

Expect references, general similarities, fun conversations that make the audience go "oh they noted that!", maybe some indepth stuff here and there, but most likely nothing is probably going to blow your mind in this department. Especially with how critical you are of writing in general.

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Jedi said:

but most likely nothing is probably going to blow your mind in this department.

I never did expect that, especially after the trailers. However, I did hope they'd take this rare chance to have Chrom and Marth discuss their lineage (though with Anri maybe they'll get to that later) and their respective countries. I do hope they might cover this if Marth gets to talk to Lucina, seeing as she impersonated him.

I expect cheesy and lighthearted conversations, but I do hope there'll be some variety.

Hasn't it been like 2000 years between Marth and Chrom? Forgetting the odd king isn't unusual (hell, remembering the odd king from back then is pretty freaking special). Maybe Anri and Marth got conflated with each other over time, so now everyone only remembers "A hero king who slew Medeus" and not that there were two of them. History often gets distorted in strange ways.

7 hours ago, Sartek said:

Didn't she say that he was more like an ancestor 1000 years before Marth (possibly hinting at Sigurd)?

That fan theory had always made little sense to me. How would Tiki even know who Sigurd was? I don't think she was even alive back then.

1 hour ago, Sentinel07 said:

That fan theory had always made little sense to me. How would Tiki even know who Sigurd was? I don't think she was even alive back then.

According to Heroes, she is 3,000. So she would have been a newborn.

3 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

According to Heroes, she is 3,000. So she would have been a newborn.

In other words, definitely no chance she would know anyone.

Honestly, that's part of why I find Tiki's words there strange. Heck, the idea of her knowing anyone besides Marth actually clashes with how Shadow Dragon established that she had no memory of her days before her centuries-long sleep. It's like whoever wrote that support didn't have a clue.

1 minute ago, Sentinel07 said:

Honestly, that's part of why I find Tiki's words there strange. Heck, the idea of her knowing anyone besides Marth actually clashes with how Shadow Dragon established that she had no memory of her days before her centuries-long sleep. It's like whoever wrote that support didn't have a clue.

Well, she's still been around awhile, she may have found some sources that are hard to come by or perhaps other manaketes later told her about him.

5 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

To be fair, it's not like Tiki needed to be alive during Sigurd's time to know about him or what he did. Several of Jugdral's legendary weapons are in Ylisse during Awakening, so it's possible that they were brought over by Jugdrali natives along with stories of Sigurd's exploits, and Tiki learned about Sigurd from them (assuming that she is talking about Sigurd).

Also am I the only person who wants to protect Marth's smile?

8 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

To be fair, it's not like Tiki needed to be alive during Sigurd's time to know about him or what he did. Several of Jugdral's legendary weapons are in Ylisse during Awakening, so it's possible that they were brought over by Jugdrali natives along with stories of Sigurd's exploits, and Tiki learned about Sigurd from them (assuming that she is talking about Sigurd).

Also am I the only person who wants to protect Marth's smile?

Why do people think that Sigurd is related to Marth's family?

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Yeah, seriously, this. Sigurd is from an entirely different continent. This is like saying Chrom is related to Ike because he has Aether.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, seriously, this. Sigurd is from an entirely different continent. This is like saying Chrom is related to Ike because he has Aether.

think it's more of there is some stuff to hint that he was related to Marth and therefore Chrom by extension, but I'm not sure what that was.

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

think it's more of there is some stuff to hint that he was related to Marth and therefore Chrom by extension, but I'm not sure what that was.

Yeah, but HOW can this be the case when their respective countries and royal families are so far away? I mean, I guess a story where a member from one of the families eloped to the other's continent could be it, but that'd be one hell of an elopement. And usually, elopements are secret.

Edited by Anacybele

10 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I dunno, but I guess people theorize that Tiki was talking about Sigurd because Genealogy takes place roughly 1,000 years before Marth's games and there's really no one else that she could be referring to.

Edited by Lightchao42

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

I dunno, but I guess people theorize that Tiki was talking about Sigurd because Genealogy takes place roughly 1,000 years before Marth's games and there's really no one else that she could be referring to.

What about Anri? I always thought she was talking about him.

Interesting. It shall be interesting to see what other character combinations talk about.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What about Anri? I always thought she was talking about him.

Anri is only around 100 years before Marth, not 1000. Besides, Tiki was asleep when Anri was alive and stuff.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Interesting. It shall be interesting to see what other character combinations talk about.

Anri is only around 100 years before Marth, not 1000. Besides, Tiki was asleep when Anri was alive and stuff.

Oh, I thought Anri was from longer before. Huh.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, I thought Anri was from longer before. Huh.

Anri died 68 years before the war of Shadows, at least according to the FE wiki.

FE4 takes place 'hundreds of years' before the War of Shadows, when Archanea was in a barely civilized state (again, according to the FE wiki).  Since that's the only 'event' we have from that time period, it's the easiest to assume she was referring to someone there (especially given that Awakening was trying to tie all the games together).

It is possible that this is some nameless ancestor, not Sigurd or Seliph, as Jugdral is a separate continent on the same world, but there's a lot of empty space in there that we can't account for where someone descended from Sigurd moved to Archanea and was an ancestor of Anri.

3 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Anri died 68 years before the war of Shadows, at least according to the FE wiki.

FE4 takes place 'hundreds of years' before the War of Shadows, when Archanea was in a barely civilized state (again, according to the FE wiki).  Since that's the only 'event' we have from that time period, it's the easiest to assume she was referring to someone there (especially given that Awakening was trying to tie all the games together).

It is possible that this is some nameless ancestor, not Sigurd or Seliph, as Jugdral is a separate continent on the same world, but there's a lot of empty space in there that we can't account for where someone descended from Sigurd moved to Archanea and was an ancestor of Anri.

I see... Interesting. Maybe Tiki did mean Sigurd or some nameless guy.

But War of Shadows? Is that what the war Marth fought is actually called? Ugh... I used that name for the war that my fic is about. God dang it. :(

Just now, Anacybele said:

I see... Interesting. Maybe Tiki did mean Sigurd or some nameless guy.

But War of Shadows? Is that what the war Marth fought is actually called? Ugh... I used that name for the war that my fic is about. God dang it. :(

First war that Marth fought in is the War of Shadows, second one (caused by Hardin) is the War of Heroes.

Hm, the short length makes it feel like a "C support". There are even Echoes supports that drag on longer than that. Still though, full voice acting and portrait changes? Wasn't expecting that much for presentation.

Also, I'm in the camp of Chrom is aware of King Anri, and is taken aback by the specific complement. Comparing a ruler to King Anri may be a standard thing to say in Marth's time, but from Chrom's point of view, it would be like if you're the president of a country in modern day and somebody compares your efforts to King Arthur or King Darius. Weird. Also, with all the DLC stuff, Chrom is a a straight up history professor in remembering so many protagonist and country names across the series. Even I couldn't remember what Judgral was called when Awakening came out, having only played an hour of FE4.

1 hour ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

First war that Marth fought in is the War of Shadows, second one (caused by Hardin) is the War of Heroes.

Well that's lame. That's like the umpteenth name I've come up with for something that I find out IS has already used. Sigh...

As for Chrom knowing about so many heroes, well, he is a prince, and those tend to get quite an education, which includes history and stuff. This must've been his favorite subject since he didn't seem to pay much attention to anything else, especially etiquette (Frederick clearly surpasses him and pretty much everyone in that department lol).

1 hour ago, Gustavos said:

Hm, the short length makes it feel like a "C support".

With the way the video just cuts so suddenly leads me to believe that it's simply a section of the support, rather than the full thing.

14 hours ago, Thane said:

I never did expect that, especially after the trailers. However, I did hope they'd take this rare chance to have Chrom and Marth discuss their lineage (though with Anri maybe they'll get to that later) and their respective countries. I do hope they might cover this if Marth gets to talk to Lucina, seeing as she impersonated him.

I expect cheesy and lighthearted conversations, but I do hope there'll be some variety.

I do hope that as well, I just had to warn you regardless because I know how much writing/conversations mean to you haha.

Edited by Jedi

I'm interested to see who Frederick will get to talk to outside of his usual peeps (ie, the rest of the Awakening crew). Though I can only picture conversations between him and a couple people. I can see him and Xander talking about cavalry knight stuff, and then Frederick trying to pull his usual shenanigans with the twins like he does Chrom and Lissa. lol But other than that, not sure what would be talked about.

If Silas is in the game, Frederick NEEDS to be a sort of mentor to him about knighthood! Silas is practically Frederick 2.0, just unpromoted. They both are cav knights and have high strength and defense, are both retainers/good friends to their respective lords, and both are amazing husbands for the Avatars. ^^

Edited by Anacybele