First preview of Bond Conversations

VincentASM

2 hours ago, Captain Karnage said:

I just don't like this art at all, it just looks weird

but, hey, I'll give it a chance to grown on me

It's a lot more stylistically pleasing to my eyes than Shadow Dragon.

And FE12 eventually grew on me.

Sugita and Midorikawa actually having a freaking conversation as FE characters gives me life.

Edited by shadowofchaos

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Gustavos said:

Also, I'm in the camp of Chrom is aware of King Anri, and is taken aback by the specific complement. Comparing a ruler to King Anri may be a standard thing to say in Marth's time, but from Chrom's point of view, it would be like if you're the president of a country in modern day and somebody compares your efforts to King Arthur or King Darius. 

Well, except King Arthur likely didn't even exist, which only goes to illustrate how easily history is distorted! 

14 minutes ago, Res said:

Well, except King Arthur likely didn't even exist, which only goes to illustrate how easily history is distorted! 

As a fun fact, there was a Prince Arthur though.

Henry VII of England's firstborn son and heir apparent was named Arthur to evoke the image of the legendary king. It would make for a great propaganda ploy with the masses and society as whole if their ruler was a King Arthur. The prince himself was not lacking for talent and daddy Henry had high hopes for his son. He was married to Catherine of Aragon- which would have insured for England good relations with Spain- then just entering its days of glorious grandeur and the peak of power in Europe. Unfortunately Arthur died months after being wed, ruining England's and the world's chance at a real King Arthur. Fortunately for Henry VII, he a had spare, if not the heir he wanted, in the less talented Henry VIII.

10 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I'm interested to see who Frederick will get to talk to outside of his usual peeps (ie, the rest of the Awakening crew). Though I can only picture conversations between him and a couple people. I can see him and Xander talking about cavalry knight stuff, and then Frederick trying to pull his usual shenanigans with the twins like he does Chrom and Lissa. lol But other than that, not sure what would be talked about.

If Silas is in the game, Frederick NEEDS to be a sort of mentor to him about knighthood! Silas is practically Frederick 2.0, just unpromoted. They both are cav knights and have high strength and defense, are both retainers/good friends to their respective lords, and both are amazing husbands for the Avatars. ^^

What if every Jagen is in the game and Frederick ends up being mentored by them? A Frederick fanboying over meeting the legendary adviser and knight Jagen is something I want to see.

1 hour ago, DaloDask said:

What if every Jagen is in the game and Frederick ends up being mentored by them? A Frederick fanboying over meeting the legendary adviser and knight Jagen is something I want to see.

Frederick's not the type to fanboy though. He'll surely act like a rival as he does with Jakob in the Before Awakening Fates DLC.

This bond conversation looks really good. Hope more bond conversations between awakening and Shadow Dragon characters take a similar direction to the one presented here.

Also, might just be me, but the way these models look in these conversations is really good, though Marth's hands look way too large.

Edited by FoxyGrandpa

On 7/19/2017 at 0:13 PM, Jedi said:

You shouldn't, just gotta say that now, while some Warriors games do have some good dialog & conversations, its never going to be super high quality stuff. 

Expect references, general similarities, fun conversations that make the audience go "oh they noted that!", maybe some indepth stuff here and there, but most likely nothing is probably going to blow your mind in this department. Especially with how critical you are of writing in general.

Wait, why?

I didn't know Warrior's franchise even has such feature. Was this in Orochi series?

2 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Wait, why?

I didn't know Warrior's franchise even has such feature. Was this in Orochi series?

Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 had something like that, called Events I think.

42 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Well, IS has revised some of them, so take that as you will.

30 minutes ago, Folt said:

It's not as if they weren't enjoyable.

I keep my expectations low for everything. Can't be disappointed if you're expect it. At least that how it should work.

2 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

I keep my expectations low for everything. Can't be disappointed if you're expect it. At least that how it should work.

There's also bond like supports in Musou All-Stars that people seemed to have liked so there's that too.