This is how easy casual mode is

Casual mode is so easy, the AI could finish it.

For my third playthrough of the game I was wondering how easy the game would be, and I decided to test if the game was playable by only using the "improvise" tactic. After getting stuck on part 3 on classic normal (No way Alm's group can get past the many mages in that part), I decided to try it on casual. It's quite easily doable. Some chapters needed quite a few restarts, almost always because Alm or Celica decided to charge an enemy on a supply tile, but no grinding required.

my rules were:
- Every turn, may only select the improvise button
- Select all the highest leveled units (+20 for promoted, -20 for villager) for dungeons
- No grinding in dungeons or map
- No DLC
- No going back on the map, except for that one step to get Palla and Catria
- Switch between Alm and Celica on the map each step
- Villagers get their Cipher card classes (and Atlas to mercenary)
- Use Mila statues immediately but only on encountering them

I only broke that last rule once, backtracked a bit on Celica's last dungeon to promote Atlas to Dreadfighter. I figured I wouldn't stand a chance to win endgame otherwise. But it seemed I worried for nothing. Atlas died almost immediately that chapter, while Saber was dodgetanking the final boss, and the rest of the team surrounded mr "unbeatable".

Also, fun fact, I imagined Nuibaba's chapter would be impossible, but Gray and Mathilda made minced meat out of it, no restarts required.

4 hours ago, Lord Chrom of Ylisse said:

I haven't played the game in around a month(need to pick it up again) but I got to the last fight in Act 1 and up to that point the game was super easy. Literally felt almost no challenge. And I didn't have to reset multiple times like with other FEs.

...It's the first act. Which Fire Emblem games (aside from Radiant Dawn, I suppose) have you been dying in the first act?

Well, yeah, widening the margin of error from "no deaths" to "no Lord deaths" makes it easier.

Normal mode for this game is pretty damn easy though, since the stats haven't been rebalanced from Gaiden despite better growths for players. Unless you got really unlucky or made really poor decisions, Normal is just cheesed through with sheer stat difference.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy