Should enemy dancers be brought back?

Flee Fleet!

For those who don't know, Thracia 776 had enemy dancers. I don't know how much of a threat they were in that game, but should future Fire Emblems bring back enemy dancers?

On one hand, it can bring an interesting challenge as long as it's down right. On the other hand, i feel that Dancers should be that one Class besides Lord that is player-exclusive.

I don't know how enemy Dancers were handled in Tharcia, but if they bring them back, i'd rather have just one enemy Dancer, and not more. Arena matches in Heroes have taught me that multiple enemy Dancers is not fun.

As long as they are predictable, but at the same time a threat. I don't want Witches again where there is too much dangerous randomness involved- including a 10% chance they'll actually gang up on a low Res unit and kill them. On the other hand, I don't want them to constantly refresh healers who just end their turns right afterwards meaninglessly. Much of this I guess depends on how sophisticated an AI can be made.

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I don't know how enemy Dancers were handled in Tharcia, but if they bring them back, i'd rather have just one enemy Dancer, and not more. Arena matches in Heroes have taught me that multiple enemy Dancers is not fun.

They weren't. There was one map with them and all they did was dance Tina so she could break her Thief staff.

1 hour ago, Lord Raven said:

There was one map with them and all they did was dance Tina so she could break her Thief staff.

There was also Chapter 18, where you have to chase another one to get a body ring. I forget if she danced enemies.

But enemy dancers from what I've seen are either a joke or a nightmare (we've all likely seen a party of OP units supported by a dancer in heroes, right?)

Yes. Absolutely. I think this could be really well done with AI, and especially well done if the AI changes depending on the mode. A dancer should act differently on Normal Mode and Lunatic Mode for certain.

Heroes shows us that enemy AI dancers can be extremely unpredictable. They'll dance any ally that's in range, prioritizing that over attacking, but the other enemies do not move in a way that takes the dancer into account. Either Reinhardt/Olwen will cross 80% of the map to kill your squishiest unit, or they'll stop in the ideal spot for you to take them out.

If a Fire Emblem game had a dancer that was important to the plot, but taken over/captured by the enemy, then I wouldn't mind a chapter that incorporates them dancing the boss over to you. Assuming the dancer has no equipped weapon, you won't have to worry about a potentially recruitable character walking over and killing themselves on one of your units either. I'd like to see enemy dancers, but no more often then I'd like to see enemies with buffing skills or non-physic healing staves, since those are rare too.

Enemy Dancers could be pretty well done, especially with enemy AI like in Fates.  Might need to think of ways to explain why there are Dancers aiding the enemy.  Maybe they're femme fatale spies/assassins or something like that.

I liked them in Thracia because they kind of brought a nice atmosphere to Phan's character and the sort of...eh business that he's running. So for that reason I'd like to see them back but from a practical point I can't really see much that would enhance the gameplay. Just seems like it would artificially extend turns to a frustrating degree. Maybe if they were intentionally placed beside mages with siege tomes or something it could work.

Come to think of it, with that idea of dancers by siege toe mages it sure would be interesting to see movement stars make a return and have enemies have them too. Maybe that's a bit too random but I'd like it.