Roy's forced Promotion in FE6 - How to change it

Maelstrom 0

Hello, everyone. I've only just recently picked up the use of Nightmare to make edits to FE6's relatively unbalanced nature, (yes, I know it's been done many times before,) and I've read through Blazer's guide on how nightmare works (only skipping information about music editing and the like.) I've been strugging to understand how I would go about removing Roy's forced promotion in chapter 21 / 21x and switching it over to chapter 16 / 16x. I assume it would have something to do with the respective chapter's events, but I am not sure how I would go about figuring them out. Of all the things I wanted to do to the game, this is the only block I've stumbled upon that I, as a newbie to the FE-editing scene, cannot figure out.

TLDR: How would I move Roy's promotion in chapter 21/21x to Chapter 16/16x using Nightmare? And, if this is something that cannot be done in Nightmare, what programs do I need?

Thabks in advance, sorry for the text mountain.

Edited by Maelstrom 0

My idea is to give him a double promotion-he can promote at level 10 or higher using a Knight Crest, let's say, and autopromotes as normal. That would really improve his usefulness.

36 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

My idea is to give him a double promotion-he can promote at level 10 or higher using a Knight Crest, let's say, and autopromotes as normal. That would really improve his usefulness.

Not what I'm looking for, but thanks anyway. If he was already promoted before Chapter 21, the game would most likely crash, or he would demote. And even then I don't want him to be broken. Do you have any understanding of how I would simply be able to move his promotion to be earlier?

Edited by Maelstrom 0

7 hours ago, Kirb1337 said:

I have the patch to disable his forced promotion on my comp, imma upload it rn

I was aware of a patch like that, however, in the one I downloaded, included within said patch was aso the old FE6 translation, not the much nicer redone one.