Not feeling super optimistic on chances to *5 characters

Junkhead

Now I feel more easy to have the 20,000 feathers with all the new modes and events they are adding, and I'm glad of it, I hope they continue giving us more options to get them.

So far I have promoted:

• Nino (from 3* to 5*)
  • Oboro x 2 (From 4* to 5* both of them)
  • Michalis
  • Xander
  • Camus
  • Sharena

7 units and I still have enought to promote another one, also I'm very close to get enought for 2 more... I also used some feathers to promote some units for skills (like some Shannas, Subakis and Beruka), so I think IntSys has been fine with giving us feathers, but of course I would love to have even more options to get them

42 minutes ago, Lushen said:

It would be cool if we could extract 5* skills from 4*s with a decreased feather cost.  Like if I wanted to get Cecilia's Gronnraven+, I could spend 5-10k feathers on it when sacrificing Cecilia.  Reasoning is because 90% of the time I 5* units, it's to inherit skills and it takes away from actually 5*ing units you're going to use.  By making it easier to inherit, the units you 5* to keep would seem more expensive than 5*ing for SI and you would more often have feathers left over to 5* units you're going to keep.

But this is not the case :(

That and we should be allowed to extract as many skills as we want that are available for free, not just 3. It' such a cruel waste when you have to sacrifice those units that can give you amazing skills in more than one slot. Example, would be a 5* Hawkeye that has Deathblow 3, and Threaten Atk, you can only pick one or the other, and I had to choose Death Blow 3, and just like that a good other skill set is gone, and your 5* unit is gone.

1 minute ago, Logos said:

That and we should be allowed to extract as many skills as we want that are available for free, not just 3. It' such a cruel waste when you have to sacrifice those units that can give you amazing skills in more than one slot. Example, would be a 5* Hawkeye that has Deathblow 3, and Threaten Atk, you can only pick one or the other, and I had to choose Death Blow 3, and just like that a good other skill set is gone, and your 5* unit is gone.

You could have had both if you had fodder to inherit lower levels of the skills. The main problem with this is that both skills have to go on the same unit. I want Klein for his deathblow and QR3 but i need the skills on different units so this method isn't terribly useful in my case. 

2 minutes ago, Kiran said:

You could have had both if you had fodder to inherit lower levels of the skills. The main problem with this is that both skills have to go on the same unit. I want Klein for his deathblow and QR3 but i need the skills on different units so this method isn't terribly useful in my case. 

I just view at as an unnecessary and unfair restriction, if I follow that method for certain skills it would require sacrificing very good 4* units like Effie and Delthea for Death Blow.

11 hours ago, Mackc2 said:

Wow I'm seeing everyone saying that they have promoted lots of units to 5* and I'm here thinking what the hell until i realise I have just been sitting on the feathers to promote 4 more units but because they are a rare resource I must horde them in case some time in the unspecified future i need 80k feathers for whatever reason

Lol me too. I've only promoted 2 units to 5* ever. 

I've promoted M-Robin (who probably invested the most in), Kagero, Xander, & Camus.

Thanks to monthly feather we've getting it's a lot more easier to promote them.

The units I've plan to promote are

Nino

Celicia

Cherche

Frederick

Effie

Cordellia

Lilian

Hopefully I'll be able to promote A-Tiki, Chrom, & the Askr Trio.

I've only promoted about five units to five star, 4 of which were used for skill inheritance, I have done a ton of 4* promotes because I prefer using fewer feathers for the skills that I want. 

I recall one of them being Jegan for fury

a sully for swordbreaker (was out of jegans)

and a tiki for lightning breath+

and I kept Legion

can't remember the last 1

Then again I have had very good luck with 5* pulls as of late, a few days ago I got a 5* Sakura, Delthea and Celica in the same day. Well Sakura is debateable as I got her really late the night before.

3% is still better than the chance of finding a chansey in the safari zone.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

19 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

3% is still better than the chance of finding a chansey in the safari zone.

Slightly lower than finding a Ralts, though.

Plus, strictly speaking, it is 6% by default (I think). Beats finding a Lapras in the Village Bridge (which I totally hit first try once).

Highest priorities for SI *5's are probably

• Hana for LnD3 (Bridelia)
  • Hana for LnD3 (Kagero)
  • Donnel for Brave Lance+ (Effie)
  • Odin for Blarblade+ (-ATK B!Caeda)
  • Cecilia for Gronnraven+ (Soren)
  • Henry for Raourraven+ (Sophia)
  • A!Tiki/Nowi for Lightning Breath+ (Y!Tiki)
  • Felicia for Silver Dagger+ (Matthew)
  • Klein for Quick Riposte 3 (Lukas)

Not even factoring in that I need to *5 actual units...

• +ATK/-SPD Sophia
  • +SPD/-RES Marth
  • Neutral Matthew
  • Legion
  • Ursula
  • F!Robin
  • Camus
  • Neutral Palla
  • +ATK/-HP M!Robin

Not even factoring in units I'll need to *4 for their skills like Frederick for Luna, Shanna for Desperation, Florina for Darting Blow, F!Corrin for Draconic Aura and quite a few more.

My most pressing matters are that I lack a *5, or even a decent Red Mage and I lack a decent Blue mage (best thing I have is a +ATK/-SPD Delthea) so those are honestly my highest priority, meaning if I get something like a *4 Reinhardt then he'll become priority blah blah blah. Plus I'll need 40k for Sophia for a raven tome.

Needless to say, I'll need a lot of feathers, and I'll need them for quite some time.

Edited by Zeo