Legendary Pokemon are finally coming to Pokemon GO

Armagon

Dude, what are you talking about? Lots of people still play. Yeah, not as many as when the game launched and all, but every time I play, I still see Pokestops with lures on them and gyms with Pokemon in them and all that stuff.

I heard something about legendary Pokemon finally coming, but wasn't sure if it was real or not. Guess it is! :D

...and yet, you can't leave them in gyms? That sucks. I hope you can at least use them to battle gyms. I personally want Ho-Oh, Suicune, and Articuno the most. Articuno is why I joined Team Mystic. ^^

Yeah, this is something they should have done MONTHS ago. Ana, you know the player base has shrunken massively since launch. They really took to long to make the game more interesting with updates.

I would be more interested if these were available like when it was released or a few weeks after. It's just been too long. Also the player base has dropped from an estimated 750 million players (Based on the estimated number of total downloads (Since release to current date) from last month) to 5 million daily users (Based on estimates from April).

That's just sad. While 5 million is still a big number, compared to 750 million, yeah. They waited too long to add these pokemon.

Edited by Azz

Don't give me "they took too long." People are just too fucking impatient. Niantic isn't a big company, of course they're going to take time. And the longer it takes, the better the quality should be. You can't rush things like this.

Don't forget that GO was also rushed for release to begin with, and that was because Niantic was pushed to release the game before it was really ready. They've been pressured enough already, I think people need to cut them some slack.

And I already said I know the userbase has dropped, it just hasn't dropped as much as you think.

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Don't give me "they took too long." People are just too fucking impatient. Niantic isn't a big company, of course they're going to take time. And the longer it takes, the better the quality should be. You can't rush things like this.

Don't forget that GO was also rushed for release to begin with, and that was because Niantic was pushed to release the game before it was really ready. They've been pressured enough already, I think people need to cut them some slack.

And I already said I know the userbase has dropped, it just hasn't dropped as much as you think.

Well considering all the assets for the Kanto legionaries were already in the game from release, it really shouldn't of taken them as long as it did.

Also bold. How is a drop from it's initial 750 million downloads to only 5 million log ins per day (And keep in mind multiple logins could be from one person) not a big drop Ana?

Edited by Azz

Yeah. At pokemon go's height, my brother and his friends went to the santa monica pier in the middle of the night to film a vidio, and the were apparently people all over the place there even at midnight due to how good of a place it is to catch pokemon. I recently went in the middle of the day and did not notice any pokemon go players. 5 millon daily users is still quite good, and still enough to populate the game world well, but it is enough of a drop that you don't really see pokemon go players much when walking around pokespots. THat being said, i would have been exremely surprised if pokmon go had kept anywhere near its peak userbase.

Another thing: downloads is not a comparable figure with "daily users". Lots of people probably downloaded it, tried it once to see what it was about, and never opened it again. I would not count those people as players. Also, not everyone played it every day. If you play it twice a week, then you only count as 2/7ths of a daily user. As such, i would not be surprised if the peak daily user number is more like 150-200 million or something. Granted, this is still more than a 95% drop.

38 minutes ago, Azz said:

Well considering all the assets for the Kanto legionaries were already in the game from release, it really shouldn't of taken them as long as it did.

Also bold. How is a drop from it's initial 750 million downloads to only 5 million log ins per day (And keep in mind multiple logins could be from one person) not a big drop Ana?

Niantic had other things in the game to work on that were surely more of a priority. Say, the tracking bug and other bugs? And taking down all those hackers and cheaters? Getting gen 2 Pokemon out as well, perhaps, so there are more legendaries than just the three birds and/or Mewtwo?

The only things I'm surprised aren't out yet are trading and battles with players outside of gyms. That is kind of strange. But otherwise, I'm fine with what Niantic's been doing.

And maybe those numbers aren't exactly accurate like sirmola pointed out? I wouldn't use number of downloads as a good comparsion since yeah, some people likely downloaded it, tried it once, then decided they didn't care much for it.

Edited by Anacybele

• 2 weeks later...

So, from someone who is actively catching the legendary Pokemon:

This has been the most fun I've had with the game since launch.  Nothing beats showing up to a raid and seeing 30+ people there.  My most memorable raid was the Suicide Lugia run - nine people (including me) ran every last Pokemon in their inventory to defeat Lugia with 10 seconds left.  Didn't catch that one, but that's okay.  Lugia may leave, but these memories will stay with me forever.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Awesome @eclipse!

I wish I could do it, but I don't have any gyms near me. They're in other parts of the city. I'd need to be able to drive or have money for the bus. But I want a job first.

Can you catch a ride in to town with someone?  That would be best IMO - you'd have the opportunity to get out and walk around, maybe meet new players, and get some exercise in!

Just now, eclipse said:

Can you catch a ride in to town with someone?  That would be best IMO - you'd have the opportunity to get out and walk around, maybe meet new players, and get some exercise in!

Unless my uncle and his fiancee feel like it, no... But hopefully they will sometime, because they both play the game. :P

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Unless my uncle and his fiancee feel like it, no... But hopefully they will sometime, because they both play the game. :P

Oh, that's a splendid idea!  If they're free, use something that does an area-wide gym scan to find a legendary (preferably with a high timer), then drive over.  If you're early enough, you should have quite the crowd!

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Oh, that's a splendid idea!  If they're free, use something that does an area-wide gym scan to find a legendary (preferably with a high timer), then drive over.  If you're early enough, you should have quite the crowd!

Yeah, I hope so since I'm in a city. Can't wait to try it out when I can!